New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Story of a Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I heard bokurano is just a NGE ripoff -_- that is even worse than its predecessor.

bobobo? I've watched that. wanted to apply fire to my brain afterwards, what was it even parodying? it was so random.
    If by "worse" you mean even more depressing, yes. Interestingly, it has a happier ending for earth.

Bobobo parodies a lot of things, but mainly Fist of the North Star.

Gettit? Fist of the North Star, Fist of the Nose Hair? A pun?

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    If by "worse" you mean even more depressing, yes. Interestingly, it has a happier ending for earth.

Bobobo parodies a lot of things, but mainly Fist of the North Star.

Gettit? Fist of the North Star, Fist of the Nose Hair? A pun?
    its EXACTLY what I mean. and I don't care, if there is ANYTHING more depressing than NGE out there, I'm not watching it, there is a limit.

eh, never watched Fist o' No Stair.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, to each their own, I guess.

Anyway, this is getting quite off-topic. What were we talking about? Oh, yes, the comic.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

yes, the comic.

how about the comic's universe in general?

you see, as said before in the comic that it exists in a Multiverse- a place where millions of planes exist alongside each other separated by planar boundaries. This is of course all done by magical energy. what kind however is kind of strange- both DnD "universal arcane magic/divine magic" and Mt:G " five colors mana magic" both exist in this the SoD's Multiverse, why this is however is mysterious and questioning "why" is like saying "Why does gravity and magnetism exist?", some people have come up with explanations for it but they have no proof.
    also there WON'T be medieval stasis here, technology does progress and may even progress faster with magic around and may even go in weird directions that wouldn't be possible without it. However there are also groups that hate magic or technology and see one or the other as unnatural here and there, their reasons why are varied.
    gods however are specific to one plane, the gods of one plane have no business on another- at least without reasonable justification, believers with a method planar traveling can allow a god to go to other planes but they can't explicitly order the believer to do so, it just isn't done.

also not all the planes are isolated from each other- there are chunks of the universe where planes have formed working trade networks and ambassadorial relationships with one another, however they are careful about introducing new planes to their chunk, massive culture shock can ensue if the first impression isn't handled well.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Innteresting, you have built a nice environment for your story, I dare say.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

hmph.

ok, bad news y'all: I am distancing myself from GitP. Lets just say I have a big mouth and it disagrees with the Mods. the rules here seem a little too stifling for me and thats all I'm gonna say about it here.

however that doesn't mean this comic's gonna go down, it'll just be moved, to somewhere where I can express my opinions more freely. however before I do, I'll ask you if there is any way to easily make my own webcomic site or if you know any good place to go to.

the wanderer keeps on wandering....

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: The Story of a Dragon

hmph.

ok, bad news y'all: I am distancing myself from GitP. Lets just say I have a big mouth and it disagrees with the Mods. the rules here seem a little too stifling for me and thats all I'm gonna say about it here.

however that doesn't mean this comic's gonna go down, it'll just be moved, to somewhere where I can express my opinions more freely. however before I do, I'll ask you if there is any way to easily make my own webcomic site or if you know any good place to go to.

the wanderer keeps on wandering....
    One more, sigh.

Everybody is leaving all of sudden, Xarty, Brighty, I -know-who and now you.

Dark times are ahead when our artists leave us
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* it's too bad. i was enjoying this comic. But, i understand the reasoning even if i don't understand it's basis.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Try Comicfury. It's great.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    One more, sigh.

Everybody is leaving all of sudden, Xarty, Brighty, I -know-who and now you.

Dark times are ahead when our artists leave us
    its not really the forum thats the problem- some stuff just comes outta my mouth that is too offensive for the mods ok? got me too many infractions too quickly, might as well get out while I still can before my big mouth gets me banned forever and you end up with no artist at all.

I mean perhaps all these people are just the kind of people that don't mesh well with forum rules? I think they just happened realize this all at the same time and left while they could, and its better this way, if I got banned, there would be no way to communicate where I'm going so that you could view it further.

besides I think all artist don't like to deal with the rules, too much free expression and noticing stuff others don't.

might come back to post an FI comic now and then though, I said was distancing myself, not that I was leaving completely, I'm just on guard now and preparing for the worst- if I DO get banned you'll know where the comic is. but don't focus on that, hope for the best; hope that I'm smart enough to learn from my mistakes and someday come back without get myself into trouble.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

its not really the forum thats the problem- some stuff just comes outta my mouth that is too offensive for the mods ok? got me too many infractions too quickly, might as well get out while I still can before my big mouth gets me banned forever and you end up with no artist at all.

I mean perhaps all these people are just the kind of people that don't mesh well with forum rules? I think they just happened realize this all at the same time and left while they could, and its better this way, if I got banned, there would be no way to communicate where I'm going so that you could view it further.

besides I think all artist don't like to deal with the rules, too much free expression and noticing stuff others don't.

might come back to post an FI comic now and then though, I said was distancing myself, not that I was leaving completely, I'm just on guard now and preparing for the worst- if I DO get banned you'll know where the comic is. but don't focus on that, hope for the best; hope that I'm smart enough to learn from my mistakes and someday come back without get myself into trouble.
    I was like that too once, now I'm a hippie...

I don't know but they never seemed to do anything infraction worthy to me, I don't keep an eye on everything though.

I don't mind dealing with rules, makes the experience more fun in my opinion.
    And yes, I'm an artist. I will make my own comic to prove it one day!

Yeah but it's still a bad omen along with all the others, I must check the tarot cards and the position of the sarts quickly!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

well I wouldn't worry too much, I'm just being careful here, taking a step back looking at the situation rationally so I can figure it out to make it better.

after further thinking, methinks the infractions I incurred were mostly because of not thinking my words through, if I learn to second-think more often maybe I might be able to avoid being banned.

that and stay out of the D20 roleplaying forum. it seems to be the most argumentative.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

here is comic 11 on the new site:

SoD comic 11

sorry for copy and pasting, this comic isn't that important, aside from the info the elven wizard gives.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think your recent loudmouthing and infractions might be the side effect of the longer hair your avatar has now. Is he going through puberty?
    Currently playing a "blind" (Miraluka) sniper in a Star Wars SAGA Edition RP

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Knight View Post
    I think your recent loudmouthing and infractions might be the side effect of the longer hair your avatar has now. Is he going through puberty?
    Please refrain from all comments unless they are on topic, Namely, commenting upon the comic and not my personal issues.

16. - Top - End - #136

I'm sorry sir.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate if the dragon held them hostage with a magic cage or something. He could then move the cage with them still inside to toss them out the window. Instead it just looks like he's giving them a hug or hanging on the back of their neck, given OotS style and all.

Looking at again, I realize that he's not that powerful yet, I think.
    Last edited by Teutonic Knight; 2010-09-10 at 01:42 AM.
    Currently playing a "blind" (Miraluka) sniper in a Star Wars SAGA Edition RP

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

correct. At this stage he has to rely more on his wits than his magic- the comic would be boring if I let Zarakkan solve all his problems in only one way, namely magic. I'm aiming for a flexible protagonist- you have already saw the many flaws he has, so one of his strengths I'm giving him is that he ain't a one-trick pony- he is someone who uses whatever works at the time.

besides if he was that powerful already, he wouldn't NEED to do this, he would already have all the magic he needed to get what he wanted: get off his home plane.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

COMIC 12! UP!

There is an obvious reference in this comic. can YOU spot it?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

COMIC 12! UP!

There is an obvious reference in this comic. can YOU spot it?
    I did indeed catch it, mellon
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

I did indeed catch it, mellon
    Think I should take it one step further and make their entire language out of fruits and veggies?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Think I should take it one step further and make their entire language out of fruits and veggies?
    Misspelled froots and vegtabells.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'd make it plant related instead if I were you (Or maybe I am?)

Fruits for people (friends, intruder, parent, lover), vegetables for something else (Animals, perhaps?) and so on.

That way it as a structure and is very silly

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Misspelled froots and vegtabells.
    Mellon is actually unrelated to the fruit, Tolkien was an expert on the history of languages.

In fact, some fans have found a time period in human history where every mention of time, date and language evolution fit perfectly.

He was that good.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2010-09-30 at 10:30 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Mellon is actually unrelated to the fruit, Tolkien was an expert on the history of languages.

In fact, some fans have found a time period in human history where every mention of time, date and language evolution fit perfectly.

He was that good.
    it's called a 'joke'. You know Keveak, that thing that you call 'living and breathing' >.>

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    it's called a 'joke'. You know Keveak, that thing that you call 'living and breathing' >.>
    I know it's a joke, I just wanted make sure that you knew that Tolkien wasn't basing a language off of fruit.

No matter how awesome it would have been

Why'd I call joking 'living and breathing'?

That'd just get it confused with 'nonsense and artsy-doodling'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Comic 14 Up.

what do people think of the comic so far?

27. - Top - End - #147

In my opinion it isn't bad, if the story goes on I could say more. But I am not sure if you have to move to the Web-Comic section.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK