New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: So...

1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default So...

I picked out a look for my new character. I was curious if anyone wanted to try and draw him for me? I would be forever in your debt!

Before you stands an extremely handsome man, about 6'2" and weighing a 165 that fills out his medium-frame. He is not imposing, nor do his muscles bulge, but they are well-defined and it strikes you that not only is this man extremelyfit, but very tough and hardy as well.

The deep tan on his skin shows a life accustomed to the surface, but underneath it you can tell that he naturally has pale skin. Over his left eye you notice he has an exceptionally well crafted tattoo of a leaf. Those of you with the appropriate skill would recognize it as the holy symbol of Silvanus, the Forest Father, and the emerald green paint is stark against the tan skin and blond hair.

His eyes gaze upon you and see past you. They are deep and penetrating, something that their bluish-grey tinge belies. There is an intensity in his gaze that shows he sees far more than he lets on. When he uses his melodic voice, it is with a conviction that very few could match, and his rare smiles bring butterflies to all but the most coy of ladies.

He walks with an extraordinarily self-confident gait, long and blond hair loosely swinging at his shoulders. Each step clinks ever so slightly, hinting that he wears some form of mail underneath his brown leather tunic, and his trousers look worn in though not delapitaded. Seeing him gives you the impression of a man who is not only rather tall and large for a human,
    but considers himself of great value. His confidence does not stop short of arrogance, and many folk find him intimidating simply because of the way he holds himself.

His left hand hangs loosely at his side while his right holds a quarterstaff that looks gnarled, as if it had been used as a chew toy or perhaps a fetching stick. At his left side trots an unusually large and muscular black labrador retriever, with her tongue out ever so slightly and her tail wagging back and forth. She's dressed in what appears to be a chain shirt to match her master's hidden vest, and is carrying a fair amount of survival equipment. Occasionally she looks up at her master and closes her mouth to sniff, making absolutely one hundred percent sure that the man she loves is right there by her side.

Upon his left palm he has the waterfall symbol of Eldath tattooed, and upon his right palm is tattooed the unicorn of Mielikke, but I don't anticipate this part making it into the picture. If you can work it in and it looks good, awesome! But you don't have to worry about it It's just sort of a side-note for me.

A little more: he's a Lesser Asimar druid of Mielikke, the oak leaf over his eye has its stem on his cheekbone and the top of the leaf would be over his nose somewhere. He also carries a quarterstaff and his animal companion is a black lab. Shhh I know, I know, it's technically small sized. I don't care! I love labs!

Please and thank you!
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2010-06-25 at 03:46 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: So...

...a needle pulling threeaaaad!

Say, didn't some spectacularly wonderful and far-sighted regular start a whole thread specifically for this sort of request that noone else posted in? Didn't that happen?

[/bitterness at neglected useful threads. While on the topic, share your encounters!]

Yeah, I got nothin' on topic. I've decided I can't draw faces.
    Also, anything else.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2010-06-25 at 03:20 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

I didn't see any in the "notable threads" list which is the first place I checked.

4. - Top - End - #4

Basically noone posted in it. It definitely didn't make it to "notable threads" status.
    Basically, I started a thread for this very purpose, because it comes up quite regularly and I thought people would find it useful. Apparently noone at the time did.
    Not criticising you, mind, just whinging.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Don't you mean 'whining'?
    Also,
    Ray, a drop of golden sun~

6. - Top - End - #6

Nope, whinging.

Tea: a drink with jam and bread!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

You crazy Old-Worlders.
    Fa, a longlong way to run!
    Last edited by Jokasti; 2010-06-25 at 03:38 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Well to maybe make you feel better I posted in your other thread.

Any comments on the description? Editing is always nice, since I never do it of my own accord

I am ridiculously looking forward to this character. 1) I played the "party leader" last campaign (as usual) and this guy is more of a loner, 2) I played someone who didn't like it when people were upset (and so spent his time worrying about what other people thought of him), and 3) I didn't have the capacity to take over the party by myself until the last level (polymorph is funny).

This guy? He's a druid. Even if I can't take the fighter in a 1 on 1 at this level, my AC can. Or a summon can. Or all of the above. Or entangle. It's a license to a) sit in the back and not make decisions (yay!) and b) not have to promote party cohesion. I'll let everyone else figure it out this time.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

You should describe the Animal Companion more, that will be a big part of the picture methinks.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Is a puppy and a black labrador (yeah hush) with a chain shirt and a...

see the reason I didn't want to do that is because asldjfa;lsjdf;ajksdf;alsk djfPUPPYOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGPUPPY ITS SO CUTE I WUV IT I WUV IT I *ahem*

Jeez. I think I like dogs a little too much.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Why does he have so many tatts?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

His circle requires everyone to swear fealty to Silvanus first, and the culture of his circle usually signifies this with a tattoo of some form, usually on the back. Most of the druids in his circle then swear fealty to either Eldath or Mielikki, depending on what duties they wish to preform. Some don't, but that's their choice. This is also often signified with a tattoo. Solares was basically forced to choose between the two and he chose Mielikki, but decided that he wanted a tattoo on his other palm as well to even it out.

As for why he chose the eye and the palm, well, just to buck tradition a bit.

13. - Top - End - #13

Aw. Now I feel bad for guilting you into doing that.

Always the way

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

I wish I could be more help there. I really usually eyeball my encounters and I do it with all of the character's sheets in front of me so I know what tricks they have. Kind of a, "Ok, so this guy likes to use Web, which means one of their opponents should be at least extremely resistant to Web. How will I do that? Oh, fire elemental. Ok!"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Ye can ask here, if Kara still takes requests.

Or you can ask here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!