New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Flechair View Post
    I think he's talking to Player_Zero.
    Oh. Whitetext

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Yeah, sorry, wrong Zero.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #543
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    @Zero: they don't attack you, though, unless you try doing something untoward to their wards. In an RPG, that's practically professing undying adoration.
    You're forgetting the rules of RPGs. If you meet Buddha in a random encounter, kill him for the EXP. No exceptions.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

But you're already supposed to do that in real life.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    You're forgetting the rules of RPGs. If you meet Buddha in a random encounter, kill him for the EXP. No exceptions.
    If it made you immoral to attack someone that wasn't showing aggression, then all of the pokemon trainers, save the gym leaders, are immoral. They force you to battle them. You can't even decline them.

Ever play an MMO? Grinding on creatures that don't aggro on site would be immoral. Forming a party in Aion and attacking training players solely to get abyss points is completely immoral. (That player was a thinking human being, and he didn't want to fight you at all.)

6. - Top - End - #546
    Bugbear in the Playground

If it made you immoral to attack someone that wasn't showing aggression, then all of the pokemon trainers, save the gym leaders, are immoral. They force you to battle them. You can't even decline them.
    Really, making your pets battle to the death using quasi-magical reality shattering powers in that game is more like a friendly sport, like 1v1 basketball if anything. Nothing even dies.

Ever play an MMO? Grinding on creatures that don't aggro on site would be immoral.
    Well, that's hunting. Which is a leetle beet different

Forming a party in Aion and attacking training players solely to get abyss points is completely immoral. (That player was a thinking human being, and he didn't want to fight you at all.)
    Well yeah, that IS technically immoral.

Is there something I'm missing about these statements here..?
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-07-03 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

7. - Top - End - #547
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anyone have any opinions on this Magic: The Gathering game on Steam?
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Big Daddies immediately struck me as monsters.

I mean, they are wandering around this broken city with a sickly child (which they force out of their homes on a regular schedule) in order to get adam from the many spliced out weirdos walking around?

And when you, one of the only sane people in this city, approach them, they just push you away? Not even a word?

Yeah, there is totally a real person in there which isn't psycho/braindead.

Spoiler
    Show
    No there isn't
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

9. - Top - End - #549
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Yeah, Bioshock 2 actually does give you a bit more information about the Big Daddies' state-of-mind. With a few special exceptions, they're basically mindless automatons.

Also, Rutskarn, I don't think you really have to kill the Daddies if you don't want to.

And Jibar, Bioshock 2 is actually pretty damn good. No, it's not as good as Bioshock, but that's a tough act to follow. But the game's got plenty to offer. The Mark Meltzer audiotape subplot alone is worth the price of admission.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2010-07-03 at 10:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

I kill Big Daddies the same way I kill Headcrab Zombies. They don't want to be what they are, but something in their brain is forcing them against their will. It's freeing them from a painful existence in which they'd otherwise be stuck.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

He's good, definitely, but a lot of his headshots are way off and he only gets them because of lag, It was about every 10 clips that hed get passed 4 kills. Otherwise it was full of either lucky 'barrelstuffs' on scouts (and a few of them were dominating him, so shows that he goes for those shots everytime and fails most of the time) or 2-3 normal headshots. Really, only the scout headshots and extremely long chains of headshots were very impressive.

Trust me Byrn, you're probably just as good as him. You just need to record yourself constantly like him. You'd easily come up with a nice montage.
    Did you read the video description? I mean...Really.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on this Magic: The Gathering game on Steam?
    I play it with my friend a lot, it's very good fun, I've enjoyed it. I barely play the regular card game myself... It's pretty cheap on steam. There's a demo, not sure how much it does however...

I'll just say, I'm not dissapointed, it is basically magic.... It does have PRE-SET DECKS with cards being unlocked for them as you win battles, you can't make your own from scratch, however that's not as big of a problem as it seems... Each deck has it's own play style, and they do it quite well. Pick the one that suits you most.

13. - Top - End - #553

Portal is currently £1.39 on Steam. You all know what to do.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tarbrush View Post
    Be glad you already have it?
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Be glad you already have it?
    I think this is the correct answer.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

I picked it up when it was $0.00(That's £0.00 for our British friends or €0.00 for those using euros).

17. - Top - End - #557

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    I picked it up when it was $0.00(That's £0.00 for our British friends or €0.00 for those using euros).
    Holy harpies on a helicopter to harlem!

That's like, completely free, isn't it?! WOWEE.

I remember that promotion. And that idiot Justin. I hope he enjoyed being trolled by the entire interwebz

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

18. - Top - End - #558

So I'm trying out X-com since it was cheap. Summery of first two missions and the new games. (yes each mission prompted a new game try)

First Mission:

Accidentally end turn at begging, saves squads life. March out, kill the alien. Start looking around, loose half the squad. In ensuing clean up, all but one soldier dies.

Second Mission:

Learned a valuable lesson about not night fighting. Half the sqaud dead by end of first full turn. Rest dies before end of six. Only one alien ever sighted, and was promptly shot.

So overall I'd say things are going well.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

So I'm trying out X-com since it was cheap. Summery of first two missions and the new games. (yes each mission prompted a new game try)

First Mission:

Accidentally end turn at begging, saves squads life. March out, kill the alien. Start looking around, loose half the squad. In ensuing clean up, all but one soldier dies.

Second Mission:

Learned a valuable lesson about not night fighting. Half the sqaud dead by end of first full turn. Rest dies before end of six. Only one alien ever sighted, and was promptly shot.

So overall I'd say things are going well.
    Trust me on this.

Buy a tank. Lifesaver,

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

This thread is now

1. Engineer Update

2. BioShock ethics

3. X-COM reports.

I'm okay with this.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    This thread is now

1. Engineer Update

2. BioShock ethics

3. X-COM reports.

I'm okay with this.

I'm betting it'll eventually mutate into X-Com ethics and Bioengineering updates.
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2010-07-04 at 03:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

I'm betting it'll eventually mutate into X-Com ethics and Bioengineering updates.
    X-Com has ethics now?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

23. - Top - End - #563

Not the way I played it.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

24. - Top - End - #564

Not the way I played it.
    My people don't live long enough to even contemplate the fact.

This does raise a point however, why is there no x-com thread?
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno...

I've been playing it all day, was going to my second terror mission (Beat the last, only losing 1 thankfully). However I think it crashed my computer for some reason, it closed out... 10 minutes later my computer started restarting >_>

Also, no Aliens sighted in February for some reason, no terror missions either.

Either that, or a surprise update =\
    Last edited by Volug; 2010-07-04 at 04:27 AM.

26. - Top - End - #566

Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    Also, no Aliens sighted in February for some reason, no terror missions either.

Either that, or a surprise update =\
    Which may mean they've worked out what your operational range is and have began raiding cities and stuff on the other side of the world. May want to roll out another base.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #567

I was just on a server with the person who made the Scotsman's Skullcutter. And the community weapon icons which became official canon. So that was pretty cool.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

Is an engineer not entitled to the metal on the ground ect....
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Is an engineer not entitled to the metal on the ground ect....
    No, he's not. That would make him a parasite. Build your own dispenser.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

30. - Top - End - #570
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

I remember that promotion. And that idiot Justin. I hope he enjoyed being trolled by the entire interwebz
    Who? 10whos