New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Who? 10whos
    This Asshat.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

I just found a new level of dickery in TF 2. I could tell from voice chat that this guy was friends with some other players. The map changed, and I was surprised to see him on my team (unlike the rest of his friends). Anyway, during the setup time I do my standard setup as an engy. I see that he's placed his teleporter between my dispenser and my sentry, which I thought was pretty dumb, leaving it in danger like that.

I go to continue building my sentry, and almost have it to level 2, when I realize that he built his entrance where I needed to stand. I, of course, only realize this as I'm teleported to the opposite side of the map and have to run all the way back to my sentry, which was then destroyed by the opening rush because it never got past level 1.

He did this the whole map! Every time I built a sentry he'd place a teleporter where I needed to stand to be protected by it.

If you have ever wondered how an angry Thrawnyboy types, wonder no more.

3. - Top - End - #573

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    I just found a new level of dickery in TF 2. I could tell from voice chat that this guy was friends with some other players. The map changed, and I was surprised to see him on my team (unlike the rest of his friends). Anyway, during the setup time I do my standard setup as an engy. I see that he's placed his teleporter between my dispenser and my sentry, which I thought was pretty dumb, leaving it in danger like that.

I go to continue building my sentry, and almost have it to level 2, when I realize that he built his entrance where I needed to stand. I, of course, only realize this as I'm teleported to the opposite side of the map and have to run all the way back to my sentry, which was then destroyed by the opening rush because it never got past level 1.

He did this the whole map! Every time I built a sentry he'd place a teleporter where I needed to stand to be protected by it.

If you have ever wondered how an angry Thrawnyboy types, wonder no more.
    Did you get his name/was an admin on? Did you ask him to stop? If you DID ask him to stop, that's griefing, plain and simple. Which is a rules violation.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    There was a comic PLayer_Zero posted some time back on an earlier thread that ended with "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH, WOW!" And that's about where this goes. Not to insult any Mac users here, but this is one of the guys when I hear the joke "Mac users can't use PC's because they're too stupid to find the power button", that I think of. I mean, wow, dude, just wow. Really? Can a computer user be so stupid? I mean, it would have been alright if he was not happy with it, but he tried waaaaaaaaaaaay to hard to be incredibly smug about it, like he was some sort of superior being (which is one of the reasons I don't like many Mac users I run into) and he wasn't funny about it. I mean, even if you like a game, and Yahtzee trashes it, at least he's funny about it (that and he's got a British accent and hilariously witty dialogue) so it's not so horrible. Seriously, it's people like this that make me wish the internet had a filter for idiocy and general asshattery.

OH wow, Djinn beat me to the punch on this. IF this was on our server, not cool, if it wasn't well....can't help ya. However, just to let you know Thrawn, that is a "classic" trick from Team Rhamba (I think) a "professional" griefing clan, my friend did it on the XBOX version. I thought it was funny, seeing as how I didn't think you could make the XBOX version worse.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

Oh God Everything Is On Fire Why Is Everything On Fire: The Game.

I'm very good at the fire part, so far. The rest of it, less so. That's about 60% of the fire I started. The rest couldn't make it into the picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #576
    Barbarian in the Playground

Woohoo! Finally a sale on Just Cause 2! It was at the top of my list of "not worth full price but definitely grab when it goes on sale!" I'm a happy turtle, even if I'm on vacation and can't play it for 2 days.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Valiant Turtle View Post
    Woohoo! Finally a sale on Just Cause 2! It was at the top of my list of "not worth full price but definitely grab when it goes on sale!" I'm a happy turtle, even if I'm on vacation and can't play it for 2 days.
    I'm pretty sure happyturtle is someone else entirely.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #578
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    There was a comic PLayer_Zero posted some time back on an earlier thread that ended with "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH, WOW!" And that's about where this goes. Not to insult any Mac users here, but this is one of the guys when I hear the joke "Mac users can't use PC's because they're too stupid to find the power button", that I think of. I mean, wow, dude, just wow. Really? Can a computer user be so stupid? I mean, it would have been alright if he was not happy with it, but he tried waaaaaaaaaaaay to hard to be incredibly smug about it, like he was some sort of superior being (which is one of the reasons I don't like many Mac users I run into) and he wasn't funny about it. I mean, even if you like a game, and Yahtzee trashes it, at least he's funny about it (that and he's got a British accent and hilariously witty dialogue) so it's not so horrible. Seriously, it's people like this that make me wish the internet had a filter for idiocy and general asshattery.
    I do believe that the Macs run smoother, but not for gaming. They also generally have better customer service. -Anyways, that guy was so stupid. I normally don't like saying that about people, but he was so ignorant, and had no idea how to get around an application. He claims to have spent 3+ hours working on getting portal, but he never bothered looking in the settings where he'd clearly see "Do not run on start up" (which is something that MOST APPLICATIONS HAVE!) He also complained about the download bar being behind the application, you can click on it and bring it into the foreground. At least on a PC you can. If Macs are too special for that, then you can watch it download in the library tab. He then said "I haven't had my computer crash in a year and half." Did he ever stop to look at the game's specs and compare them to his own? Maybe this is why he can't get it to work. I really enjoyed his rant about a full screen program using it's own graphical settings. How stupid is he? Most, if not all, use their own settings. But then again, everything was explained with the opening line of "I'm not a PC gamer." Dude, you're not even a Mac gamer.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flechair View Post
    Dude, you're not even a Mac gamer.
    Mac... Gamer?

10. - Top - End - #580

So I was trying for the Portal advanced challenges. Fastest time, least portals and that.

And it's really bugging me.

I mean, I get that the idea is to get people to challenge themselves properly by viewing the game in a different light.

Least portals accomplishs that. It encourages thought into which portals are necessary and which aren't.

Least time accomplishs that. It encourages thought into what route is fastest, what needs to be done, which portals can be fired off on the fly without stopping, that sort of thing. Plus it leads quite nicely into the speed-running culture.

I don't think least steps does though. It encourages you to use as many portals as possible, without any thought for surroundings and without common sense. It's just not nearly as fun.

Thoughts?
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Mac... Gamer?
    Oh, sorry... must have been a typo. 'Dude, you're not even a computer-savvy Mac user.' Hmmm. Something tells me that I messed that up again.

12. - Top - End - #582

I'd agree with ya Cthulu. There's also the problem of not counting steps to be the same size.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Cthulhu View Post
    (Stuff about Portal Challenge Modes)

Thoughts?
    I always hated Least Steps as well. Especially since step detection always seemed a little spotty to me; the game was never quite very clear on what counted as a step in terms of motion.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-07-04 at 12:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Just beat ME1 on steam - all told good game. A bit sad it never let me boink Ashley but I suppose that gives it replay value.

Anyhow, problem here is I cant seem to import Jacob over to ME2. If anyone could tell me how, that'd be great.

Edit: Oh and spoiler alert for an old game that im sure you've all played -

Why can neither of the last 2 bosses be effected by biotics? It really annoyed me as I was playing an Adept and I just had to pop at my opposition with a pistol for a day and a half.
    Last edited by onasuma; 2010-07-04 at 01:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #585

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Mac... Gamer?
    ...I'm getting sort of sick of this. Can we please lay off of it? Some of us don't really like hearing this stereotype all the time...

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post

Why can neither of the last 2 bosses be effected by biotics? It really annoyed me as I was playing an Adept and I just had to pop at my opposition with a pistol for a day and a half.
    Those of us with old computers haven't .
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

17. - Top - End - #587
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just beat ME1 on steam - all told good game. A bit sad it never let me boink Ashley but I suppose that gives it replay value.

Anyhow, problem here is I cant seem to import Jacob over to ME2. If anyone could tell me how, that'd be great.

- Run the mass effect launcher, the second option if launching through steam.
    - Click configure
    - Select Save games from the left side of the screen
    - Click the import ME1 save games and navigate to your save game folder, which should be in My Documents>Bioware>Mass Effect 1
    Last edited by Emlyn; 2010-07-04 at 01:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    - Run the mass effect launcher, the second option if launching through steam.
    - Click configure
    - Select Save games from the left side of the screen
    - Click the import ME1 save games and navigate to your save game folder, which should be in My Documents>Bioware>Mass Effect 1
    Thanks alot.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, which two bosses?

Spoiler
    Show
    If Mecha Saren is one of those, then yeah he can be affected by biotics.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

20. - Top - End - #590

Imp

Northforce and Makani are back from Seattle. Much high-fivage ensued.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Wait, which two bosses?

Spoiler
    Show
    If Mecha Saren is one of those, then yeah he can be affected by biotics.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saren A and Saren B only seem effected by warp and thats very minimal. No lifts, throws or singularities worked, at all.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Bugbear in the Playground

All quiet on the Western TF2 Update front...

The Germans team at Valve are sure to attack update any minute now. It is now a waiting game, gents.

Every minute they delay, every second they waste, every breath that they squander in development of their patch/items will go to wrack and ruin the moment the Interwebz get hold of it.

Every single griefer, hacker and scrub will be exploiting the update when they get their claws on it. Soon, the server will be a cesspool of degenerates. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

But the Engineer will have his day, yea, his update will be one that generations come to speak of. Not of ignomious destruction and chaos, but one of brilliant creation and order.

Yea, the Spies may sap their Sentries. Yea, the Ubers will come by the hundreds. But it will be nary an Engie willin' to put their hearts and minds to this day. The Interwebz shall cry out in glorious victory that day.

I am waiting. And boy am I impatient.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

23. - Top - End - #593
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    ...I'm getting sort of sick of this. Can we please lay off of it? Some of us don't really like hearing this stereotype all the time...
    Sorry Djinn, but I saw that vid and went "See, this is the type of person that makes people not like Mac users." When I heard the words "I don't think Steam is a program worthy enough to be opened when I start my Mac." That is a frowny face >:(

However, I need to not make a frowny face and get my hilarious "Heavy Stack" picture up...that and Sammich's classic line while playing on Cranetop.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

Just Cause is for Sale!
    YAY!

I'm still jobless!
    BOO!
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

25. - Top - End - #595

I only play Engineer if I have to. I have no other interest in the class. I am literally interested in this update for maps, gamemodes, 10th class, hats and trading. Also if they release Polycount as well then other items will be nice.

Also I want trading to hit because I found another non-Pyro hat yesterday so I'm holding off on crafting them both and trying for a Pyro until I'm certain trading isn't gonna happen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Saren A and Saren B only seem effected by warp and thats very minimal. No lifts, throws or singularities worked, at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saren B, yes. Saren A, your fault you didn't DIPLOMACY him to death. You ain't aiming right son. He's very agile and quick so you have to plan accordingly. I did the whole battle pushing him off walls and lifting him so I could plow him with bullets.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can confirm, as an Adept/Bastion, Saren A and Saren B can be Stasis'd.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Ha! Id never take stasis.And as if id waste valuable skill points in barrier - a skill that cannot be used to kill things.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

I personally cannot wait until the Engineer update; my mouth salivates, nay, _froths_ in anticipation of the tears and ruin that shall be effortlessly wrought in the crater scarred wake of my sticky launcher. KA-BOOM!

Playing the Engineer is like standing around, waiting to get ****ed.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    I personally cannot wait until the Engineer update; my mouth salivates, nay, _froths_ in anticipation of the tears and ruin that shall be effortlessly wrought in the crater scarred wake of my sticky launcher. KA-BOOM!

Playing the Engineer is like standing around, waiting to get ****ed.
    Someone has to build the Teleporters, though. Some of us are willing to weather how that turns us into the targets of every explosive in a five hundred meters radius .

In other news, I love and hate Steam sales. I've bought a lot of games I was only mildly curious about - do you have any idea how huge my backlog was already, Valve?!