New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

"The leftmost Australian with the hat, clearly intended to represent the mayor, is not nearly mayoral enough. Please affix accompyning mayoral sash and resubmit for further approval."

Best form letter ever.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Ehe. Ehehehehehehehe.

So Valve was fun. Got a tour, saw what my sister was working on (the comic) before it came out, spoke with Erik Wolpaw and Jay Pinkerton (they're awesome to the max) and the guy who does the other comics (and is working on the L4D comic right now), asked Robin Walker some questions, and got to sit in on the creative process involving a bit of work she did for Portal 2.

Best Thursday ever.
    Am currently Shiny on Steam.
    My current Internet name. Shorthand for Shiny Pidgeot. Of which, I have one.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Northforce View Post
    Ehe. Ehehehehehehehe.

So Valve was fun. Got a tour, saw what my sister was working on (the comic) before it came out, spoke with Erik Wolpaw and Jay Pinkerton (they're awesome to the max) and the guy who does the other comics (and is working on the L4D comic right now), asked Robin Walker some questions, and got to sit in on the creative process involving a bit of work she did for Portal 2.

Best Thursday ever.
    You sir, are amongst the priviledged few that have seen a glimpse of the Engineer Update. This makes you certifiably... rich and British?

As a result I must now take my proper place in the ecosystem as a non-Irish commoner, find a dark, dank alley and frisk you for information and valuables hats.

Following your mandatory frisking/mugging/possibly knifing, I will regale to my drunken pub fellows of your demise and the upcoming Engie Update, thus alerting Valve to the leak and silencing me by using the Banhammer.

I jest of course, but let this be a warning to all; don't walk under a broken black mirror at noon.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

So... wait.
    The Golden Wrenches are numbered, just as suspected, but this doesn't actually seem to be a limited thing, just a certain wave of the drop?
    Wut is going on?
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Northforce View Post
    Best Thursday ever.
    On a scale of one to ten, you are enviable to the nth degree.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    On a scale of one to ten, you are enviable to the nth degree.
    He also got a copy of Episode Three, which will be released to the rest of us at around September 2071. He's just not allowed to tell us.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-07-05 at 06:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

7. - Top - End - #637

He also got a copy of Episode Three, which will be released to the rest of us at around September 2071. He's just not allowed to tell us.
    You forgot to account for Valve Time. Make it around December 3010.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

8. - Top - End - #638
    Dwarf in the Playground

I finally have L4D2! Yay! I hope to be able to have a game with some of you fine folks sometime.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie The Grim View Post
    I finally have L4D2! Yay! I hope to be able to have a game with some of you fine folks sometime.
    With our ping that's almost impossible. Just uncensor it and play with other AU/NZers, far more fun that way.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    So... wait.
    The Golden Wrenches are numbered, just as suspected, but this doesn't actually seem to be a limited thing, just a certain wave of the drop?
    Wut is going on?
    Maybe it's similar to the Gibus, and you can get a wrench of generation n by doing something in game with somebody who had a wrench of generation n-1.

Or maybe it's totally random. Who knows?
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

whales are the new ghosts
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

12. - Top - End - #642

Imp

Smashman from the TF2 wiki doesn't believe me that Elizabeth and Emily are separate people. :|

13. - Top - End - #643
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Um, Scorp... is your PayPal account alright after this?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

14. - Top - End - #644
    Dwarf in the Playground

If this wasn't the same valve with the whole DRM shtick, my first thought would be that someone hacked/stole his account.
    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

15. - Top - End - #645
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Um, Scorp... is your PayPal account alright after this?
    Just barely. Put off purchasing games most of the Summer sale (apart from Trine, FUEL, King's Bounty and Overlord), hoping that there'd be something awesome at the end, but bought the Square Enix pack instead. Luckily it's my birthday soon, had to divert money from actual useful things and clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Hat View Post
    If this wasn't the same valve with the whole DRM shtick, my first thought would be that someone hacked/stole his account.
    It's still easy to be trapped into phishing with Steam (and most online stores, iTunes is a recent example), but with such a diverse list of games it's quirky enough to assume so.
    Last edited by Scorpionica; 2010-07-05 at 11:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    whales are the new ghosts
    Ghosts are the old Ghosts.

Whales are the new Whales.

WHALES
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

17. - Top - End - #647
    Dwarf in the Playground

WHALES
    Whales are the new Welsh

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

WHALES
    Dark looked exactly the same as Light except that he had black hair and was dressed like Mello (but Light hadn't met mello yet so he didn't know that ;-) ). He got up and walked across the room.

"Hi bro! I'm Dark!" he said lolling and offered his hand to shake.

"How could you not tell me about this!" Light shouted like mad.

"We sent him to a top secret orphanage in Whales (its a town in England) where he would learn to be the next L. We can't tell anyone because its top secret and kira might find out and Kira might try to kill him" his mom said.

Light was crazy and punched table.

--Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami, Chapter 1
    Last edited by Winthur; 2010-07-05 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

19. - Top - End - #649

So I was playing Demo on Killing Floor on the Office map, and it was the Patriarch wave so I bought pipes and just laid them all over the place and then waited in my usual spot with the M32 grenade launcher.

The Patriarch managed to spawn on top of one of my pipe bombs.

Then he came up the stairway where I was waiting so I just launched all six grenades as the two pipes detonated.

Easiest Patriarch kill I've ever had.

20. - Top - End - #650

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Light was crazy and punched table.
    This is one of the best sentences I have ever read.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    This is one of the best sentences I have ever read.
    Not as good as

"I will have to use stealth instead" said L and jumped in the broken window screaming
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

22. - Top - End - #652

Imp

I also like "They had to sex FOR THE FUTURE."

23. - Top - End - #653

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Well that's awesome, thank you for the links. However now I'm running into another problem. Every reduced price copy for students says Upgrade on it. Yet I need to install it on a new HDD because my current one's days are numbered. So I'm not sure if it would work.

Plus, to complicate things, I inherited this PC from my uncle and its version of XP is of questionable legitimacy.
    There is software to make a copy of an entire hard drive partition, so you could just copy it off and then put it on a new hard drive. This way, all things EXACTLY the same. Win! If you can't find one, I could mail it to you. Also, this is not the first time I have mailed people I haven't seen for a few years CD's. Although, in your case, I have never seen you. Anyway, that's the recommended option from me.(Back up the entire disk, then put it on a new disk)

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I also like "They had to sex FOR THE FUTURE."
    My favorite has always been "But Jim was already blowed to smitheroons."

25. - Top - End - #655

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    There is software to make a copy of an entire hard drive partition, so you could just copy it off and then put it on a new hard drive. This way, all things EXACTLY the same. Win! If you can't find one, I could mail it to you. Also, this is not the first time I have mailed people I haven't seen for a few years CD's. Although, in your case, I have never seen you. Anyway, that's the recommended option from me.(Back up the entire disk, then put it on a new disk)
    I will try that in the event that it won't install on a fresh HDD. Thanks for the tip.

Thankfully the click-of-death only really comes when updating certain Steam games and my Hard Drive still manages to boot and run fine. So I've got some time, but I'm trying to get it fixed.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

"This is my shinigami" he said and light saw a big monster appear. He was like twice the size of Ruyk and had a big mowhawk made of blood and skulls. Even Light was scarred of him. He was eating bananas like Ruyk ate apples but they were blood bananas made of blood.

"He's big" said Light as the shinigami bit down on a blood banana "What's his name/"

"MY NAME IS BLUD" said Blud as he kept eating the blood banana "I AM THE NEW KING OF THE SHINIGAMI AND I HAVE A SPECIAL DEATH NOTE THAT KILLS ANYONE WHOS NAME IS WRITTEN IN IT EVEN IF YOU DONT KNOW THERE FACE OR NAME"

--

“She must be here somewhere gramps”¯ L said eating the remote.

--

“Look Mr L dude”¯ dark said darkly. “I just want to blow up the world is that so evil?”¯
    “Yes because then where will the kiddies live?”¯
    Night looked shocked and stopped signing.
    “BRO! I NEVER FORT OF THAT!”¯

--

“YOU HAVE LEANED WELL FROM ME!”¯ he whispered like moldy bread. “LEARNED WELL LIKE A FOX WHO WENT TO SCHOL AND DID WELL AND THEN WENT TO COLLEGE”¯
    Last edited by Winthur; 2010-07-05 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Link please?

28. - Top - End - #658
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    Link please?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Cthulhu View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    "We sent him to a top secret orphanage in Whales (its a town in England)
    Don't you mean Sandford Wells?

Ghosts are the old Ghosts.

Whales are the new Whales.

WHALES

WHAAAAAAALLLLLEEEEESSSSS
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

30. - Top - End - #660

Kobold

Is this the Death Note version of My Immortal ?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars