New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    Is this the Death Note version of My Immortal ?
    I'd say it's more Half Life: Full Life Consequences
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-07-05 at 01:19 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Those things y'all are posting are incessantly silly.

I shall provide you all with a tidy morsel not unlike a soft peppermint; delicious, but soon dissolved by the presence of something else, the Engineer Update being the saliva in the analogy.

The shotgun in the Mac video? Is pretty cool. It makes bad engineers better, and artful engineers deadly.

But shhhhhhhhh

In a few days, I will cease to be special in the regard. Don't worry about what I know and what you don't. It's all good.
    Am currently Shiny on Steam.
    My current Internet name. Shorthand for Shiny Pidgeot. Of which, I have one.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could join the GitP group(s).
    I am Anonomuss on steam, and I own L4D, L4D2 and Killing Floor.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Northforce View Post
    Those things y'all are posting are incessantly silly.

I shall provide you all with a tidy morsel not unlike a soft peppermint; delicious, but soon dissolved by the presence of something else, the Engineer Update being the saliva in the analogy.

The shotgun in the Mac video? Is pretty cool. It makes bad engineers better, and artful engineers deadly.

But shhhhhhhhh

In a few days, I will cease to be special in the regard. Don't worry about what I know and what you don't. It's all good.
    YOU'RE KILLING ME, YOU'RE ACTUALLY STABBING ME IN THE THROAT YOU MONSTER ARGH

WHALES SAVE ME NOW
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

6. - Top - End - #666
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

I'd say that's less of a hint, and more of it's telling you how many wrenches have bound found, by who, and how many are left.

Edit: Wait... what about Mr. Kaori?
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2010-07-05 at 02:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I'd say that's less of a hint, and more of it's telling you how many wrenches have bound found, by who, and how many are left.

Edit: Wait... what about Mr. Kaori?
    Mr. Kaori was a hacker who got his last account banned, and he just got vac banned on this account, so they decided to take his golden wrench away.

Not to mention he was impersonating other players, like the real Kaori.
    Placeholder in perpetuity.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Is that a count down? (main engie update page)

:O

9. - Top - End - #669

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by surikesu View Post
    Mr. Kaori was a hacker who got his last account banned, and he just got vac banned on this account, so they decided to take his golden wrench away.

Not to mention he was impersonating other players, like the real Kaori.

Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    Is that a count down? (main engie update page)

:O
    I think it's a count up.

To 100.

Wrenches.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2010-07-05 at 02:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kay, so 100 wrenches confirmed.

Link to crafting confirmed.

Is that a robot version of the Vitruvian Man?
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

11. - Top - End - #671

So what. Should we all sit on the server with our extra junk and try every combination we can? A primary from every class? I'd love to get one, but I don't know if I have parts to try to find the recipe.
    Last edited by Valaqil; 2010-07-05 at 03:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post

I think it's a count up.

To 100.

Wrenches.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think the most interesting part of the main page of the Engineer Update is the drawing of Lincoln's chair flipping down into a secret compartment. Does this mean that the original pyro is still alive in TF2 Land?

Oh yeah, and the map of Mann's land is amazing. But where's Granary?
    Placeholder in perpetuity.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Pyro = Lincon.

Always has, always will.

15. - Top - End - #675

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    So what. Should we all sit on the server with our extra junk and try every combination we can?
    Yes.

I think the most interesting part of the main page of the Engineer Update is the drawing of Lincoln's chair flipping down into a secret compartment. Does this mean that the original pyro is still alive in TF2 Land?
    Only Valve knows.

And Makani.

And Northforce.

And me.

lul i troll u
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2010-07-05 at 03:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    So what. Should we all sit on the server with our extra junk and try every combination we can?
    No no, just everything you have. Including hats.

17. - Top - End - #677

Kobold

because we're posting half life full life ripoffs

Spoiler
    Show

One day, Harry was making learnings from his Schoolbook.

"Many learnings from Book School!" say Harry, turn the page.

But suddely, Harry had learned too much from the book and made forgettings of his magics!!!

"Oh no!" say Harry, "Of my magics to forgetten?!?!?!"

The magics made refusal to remember!

Ron and Hermione made questionings of Harry and the lost magics.

Brom made a laughing from the window.

Harry made a sitting in magic lesson, unable to perform the magics!

"I am tired of your not magics!" say Wand.

"SNAP!" shout Wand, and Wand snapped itself, because it did no want to be with a not magic!

"Oh nO!!!!" shout Harry, "NOT A SNAPPING WAND!"

But a Snapping Wand.

Harry tried to danube the wand into itself, BUT NOT OF WORKINGS!

The Teacher made a shoutings at Harry.

"HARRY!" shout the lesson, "YOU HAVE SNAPPED AT WAND AND THAT IS A CRIME!"

The Police danubed through the walls and banged their sticks at Harry.

"YOU HAVE DESTORY WAND! YOU HAVE DESTORY WAND!!!!!" shout Police, "WE SHALL SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!!"

And so Professor McGongle made into the rom.

"Ah," say McGongle, "You are one to destroying Wands?!"

And so McGongle turned Harry into a Wand.

"Oh no!" say a Harry Wand, "I am Wand now?!?!"

"Yes," say McGongle, "You are Wand."

And McGongle snapped Wand.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    Pyro = Lincon.

Always has, always will.
    Notice the schematic of the Gun Stovepipe.

And yes, Lincoln=Pyro, he still seeks to destroy his nemesis John "Tower of Hats" Booth.
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-07-05 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Just checked the store for the Just Cause 2 sale. Guess it's over.

How much was it, anyway?

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

ROBOT

THERE'S A ROBOT

THERE BETTER BE A ROBOT

ROBOOOOOOOOOT

I'm pretty much resigned to the fate that I won't be getting a Golden Wrench. It's nice to let players feel important, Valve, but after all the hats and medals nonsense do you really want to be this exclusive?
    Again?
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the most interesting part is the transferable moustache on one of the diagrams.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

22. - Top - End - #682

Quote Originally Posted by War update
    Luckily, in 1857, a young bearded inventor named President Abraham Lincoln stumbled upon the answer: stairs. Unluckily, he never grasped the full import of his own invention, and died attempting to rocket jump up the world’s first staircase in his laboratory at Ford’s Theater.
    Hmm. Who's to say anymore?
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

23. - Top - End - #683

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude
    Meet The Pyro is set in the Civil War and you are looking through the eyes of Abe Lincoln,
    Yeah, I'd dig it.

Oh, and apparently you get a Golden Wrench by just crafting, and it's a random chance.
    SO: People began just upgrading and downgrading scrap and what not like crazy.
    SO: You can't downgrade metal anymore. Bravo.

Aaaaand as I edit this, blog update explaining this all. Wonderful.

Still, Frontier Justice? Sweeeet.

Fawkes? I'm gonna hunt you down and beat you like a rented mule. You too Northforce.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2010-07-05 at 04:36 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I'm pretty much resigned to the fate that I won't be getting a Golden Wrench. It's nice to let players feel important, Valve, but after all the hats and medals nonsense do you really want to be this exclusive?
    Again?
    Valve be trollin'. In fact, the company was started for the express purpose of trolling the hell out of as many people as possible. The fact that this was achieved through really good games was a happy coincidence.

Seriously, tho, I kind of expect everybody will get a Golden Wrench eventually; the first 100 will just have unique names, like the versions of the community weapons given to their creators, or the serial numbers on the Service Medals.

26. - Top - End - #686

Wepon

Tenwepons
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #687

So Golden Wrenches are found through crafting.

Damn. I spent the last extra items I had getting another Refined metal for another damned hat because I can't find any on my own.

However, the Frontier Justice is out.

EDIT:

The Frontier Justice has an interesting Crit mechanic... This will take some play-testing to see if this is going to be really awesome, or really annoying.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2010-07-05 at 04:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

Valve site is hammered to hell. Mind posting the mechanic?

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Title is engie update day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Blog page
    Those of you who spent the weekend Tokyo drift-racing your way to a rap battle—or whatever it is people do when they go outside on the weekend—probably feel pretty good about yourselves right now. At the end of the day, though, what do you have to show for it? Vague memories of changing lanes. Twenty-five of the people who wisely chose to stay home and craft items, on the other hand, now have shiny new ultra-rare golden wrenches that they can keep. For a weekend? No. For a lifetime. Eat it, drift-racers. Eat all of it.

Luckily for you wrenchless unfortunates, there's still time to get one. A further 75 golden wrenches can be found through crafting all this week*. We'll also be teasing Engie's new weapons (the first of which, the revenge-critting Frontier Justice,, is currently on display)—with all of this culminating in the long-awaited Engineer Update this Thursday!

*Note that we've disabled the Smelt Reclaimed Metal & Smelt Refined Metal recipes. They'll work again once the Engineer Update goes live.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do you see what I meant? Now we all know, and the extra connection was made concerning my comment; namely, if you got kills with your sentry but then some punk Spy popped it, you can insta-gib his buttocks with a well placed crit. AND, if you take good care of your sentry, and it gets kills, you get a Medic on you and start churning out crits everywhere, invincible-style!

The next weapon is interesting. However, the LAST weapon is the one I will be using most.

I hate playing engie right now, it's so disappointing a lot of the time. Get ourt nest ready, but POW its all gone and your work is demolished. The engie is about to get a lot more trolltastic, and it wont even matter if you can't keep a good nest.

:3c
    Am currently Shiny on Steam.
    My current Internet name. Shorthand for Shiny Pidgeot. Of which, I have one.