New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Valve site is hammered to hell. Mind posting the mechanic?
    - No random crits
    - 3 bullets loaded at a time

- 2 free crits if your Sg gets a kill
    - 1 free crit if your sg gets an assisst
    - 1 free crit if you sg is destroyed (by you or an enemy)

2. - Top - End - #692
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    - No random crits
    - 3 bullets loaded at a time

- 2 free crits if your Sg gets a kill
    - 1 free crit if your sg gets an assisst
    - 1 free crit if you sg is destroyed (by you or an enemy)
    Not quite. You receive the bonus crits you accumulated only when your sentry is destroyed.
    Am currently Shiny on Steam.
    My current Internet name. Shorthand for Shiny Pidgeot. Of which, I have one.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Seriously, tho, I kind of expect everybody will get a Golden Wrench eventually; the first 100 will just have unique names, like the versions of the community weapons given to their creators, or the serial numbers on the Service Medals.
    I hope so, but I doubt it.

Edit: 25 wrenches have been found! If I were you guys, I'd wait until it says 26 to do any more crafting.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2010-07-05 at 05:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I hope so, but I doubt it.

Edit: 25 wrenches have been found! If I were you guys, I'd wait until it says 26 to do any more crafting.
    After seeing the post today, I think the golden wrenches are going to unfortunately be just the 100.

5. - Top - End - #695

Quote Originally Posted by Northforce View Post
    Not quite. You receive the bonus crits you accumulated only when your sentry is destroyed.
    . . . and you can initiate them by self-destructing the sentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    So... wait.
    The Golden Wrenches are numbered, just as suspected, but this doesn't actually seem to be a limited thing, just a certain wave of the drop?
    Wut is going on?
    There are only a 100 wrench slots displayed. Twenty-five appear to be given per day. So that's four days. Possibly corresponds to one item being revealed per day.
    Last edited by LurkerInPlayground; 2010-07-05 at 05:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

Just to comment on the Silly Background Nonsense,

So, Lincoln's chair flips through and he is then teleported hatless out into the desert.
    He then disguises himself as Boothes via a mass of hats before claiming his original hat back?
    And... I guess goes back to being a mercenary?
    The Frontier Justice is kind of covering a bunch of the stuff I wanted to read.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, hey, I know one of them wrenchfolk.

Also, my new spray:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I'm pretty much resigned to the fate that I won't be getting a Golden Wrench. It's nice to let players feel important, Valve, but after all the hats and medals nonsense do you really want to be this exclusive?
    Again?
    Personally, I find it even worse that the GW actually has an effect beyond looking cool/different. Said effect may not do anything to affect gameplay, but it just rubs it in even further how gorram-exclusive the GW club is.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Dwarf in the Playground

Placeholder in perpetuity.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Banned

Crafted away all the items that I never use now. Bonk, DH, etc.

Still keeping my items with levels though. Level 99 FaN, level 99 Sandman and level 100 Huntsman are staying.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerInPlayground View Post
    . . . and you can initiate them by self-destructing the sentry.
    Yeah pretty much. The Frontier Justice is the "you shouldn't have f***ed with my sentry' gun. It'll allowed an engie to push through a heavy, all he needs is 1 kill and an assist and that's one clips-worth of crits.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bah. I've just crafted damn near everything in my backpack. Do I have a golden wrench? No.

Bah.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

13. - Top - End - #703

Quote Originally Posted by Flechair View Post
    Yeah pretty much. The Frontier Justice is the "you shouldn't have f***ed with my sentry' gun. It'll allowed an engie to push through a heavy, all he needs is 1 kill and an assist and that's one clips-worth of crits.
    I wonder if it resets on Engie death. Probably, but does it reset on Engie death before Sentry death, or only after, when the crits are charged? Can you immediately begin setting up the sentry again with a clip or two of crits to defend where your sentry once was?

At first I though it was kinda lame, but it has potential I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

So, got Uplink through the sale.

And now I am the hacker supreme. Okay, more like 26.

Still, I get in and nobody can trace me. So much fun.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Volug; 2010-07-05 at 08:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

so i herd you like malforming video ids
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Volug; 2010-07-05 at 08:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #708

Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    Doesn't work, my friend.

EDIT: I was ninjaed. By forgetting to refresh the page before posting.
    Last edited by Scuzzball; 2010-07-05 at 08:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Orc in the Playground

WHAT THE HELL IS A SAMOFLANGE?!

SAMOFLANGE?!
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

Besides X-COM, I've been playing Titan Quest lately. Good source of RAEGE, seeing as I'm kinda big on mythology. I also seem to be phenomenally bad at the game. Good fun, anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Played a quick game of DEFCON with Bryn a minute ago.

Man, DEFCON is fun.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

22. - Top - End - #712

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Besides X-COM, I've been playing Titan Quest lately. Good source of RAEGE, seeing as I'm kinda big on mythology. I also seem to be phenomenally bad at the game. Good fun, anyway.
    OH GOD TITAN QUEST.

What a fun little game.

How much it made me want to crack the writer's skulls together for the completely and utter disregard with which it treats the classic myths...

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Barbarian in the Playground

With the GitP server full about an hour ago, I joined a random server... and I saw a wrench get crafted. So if you were waiting until they started handing them out again to craft, now would be the time to do so. Good luck guys-I don't have enough scrap or useless items to craft anything.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    With the GitP server full about an hour ago, I joined a random server... and I saw a wrench get crafted. So if you were waiting until they started handing them out again to craft, now would be the time to do so. Good luck guys-I don't have enough scrap or useless items to craft anything.
    Crafted off pretty much all my spare crap when I saw the notifications start coming up again. No Wrench, but I did get a Glengarry Bonnet for my troubles. Also I no longer have 5 Dead Ringers. Who the hell needs 5 Dead Ringers?

Edit: *facepalm* I made everything into scrap and then a hat. Shoulda done a Skullcutter and a Crit-cola while I was at it, don't have 'em yet.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2010-07-05 at 10:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Dwarf in the Playground

I play:
    Trackmania
    Modern Warfare 2
    Dawn of War 2

but if anyone wants to invite me, username: Tarnag40k, always looking for new people to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtiburon on Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy games are meant to be single player, epically deep stories, massive character depth, AND A GOD DAMN LINEUP BATTLE! I hate that free roam ****... There needs to be a world map, and an airship. Those are the basics that should never be abandoned in a FF game... Otherwise, it's just not a final fantasy, it's something else.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, got Uplink through the sale.

And now I am the hacker supreme. Okay, more like 26.

Still, I get in and nobody can trace me. So much fun.
    That game has a lot of Easter Eggs.

A lot.

Also, hack a bank, steal everyone's credits. Done and done.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    That game has a lot of Easter Eggs.

A lot.

Also, hack a bank, steal everyone's credits. Done and done.
    Need a good monitor bypass first.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Just bought Civ III since I was bored and wanted to play an RTS other than WCIII or SC (not that I play either much). Not that any of your are interested, I'm sure. Also, don't ask me to play online, I suck at RTS games :P

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

29. - Top - End - #719

Civ III is real time strategy? When did that happen?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    OH GOD TITAN QUEST.

What a fun little game.

How much it made me want to crack the writer's skulls together for the completely and utter disregard with which it treats the classic myths...
    Oh good, I'm not the only one.

I have a sneaking feeling Titan Quest would be more fun if I wasn't playing it alone. Ah well.

I think the last straw, for me, was when the game started throwing robots at me. Around Knossos, I think. Really, robots. I can't do much to take legions of mecha-hoplites seriously.

Oddly enough, I saw the TVTropes page, which praises it for staying fairly faithful to the source material. I have no idea.

Edit: Spirit is a stupid mastery and I regret choosing it.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-07-05 at 11:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman