New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1452
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    What does Dorf Fort have to do with L4D2?
    Powerstation results in lots of GAME OVER, too.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Banned

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Pfft. Who game overs in Dorf Fort? It's not nearly fair on the invaders. With your magma traps and ballistas and legendary champions all over the place. Dragons are simply harvested for their bones.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ettin in the Playground

Pfft. Who game overs in Dorf Fort? It's not nearly fair on the invaders. With your magma traps and ballistas and legendary champions all over the place. Dragons are simply harvested for their bones.
    Adventure mode.

ADVENTURE. MODE.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Banned

Who plays Adventure mode? There are hardly any dorfs OR fortresses involved.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

By opening the GATEWAY TO HELL.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

6. - Top - End - #1296

Kobold

Pfft. Who game overs in Dorf Fort? It's not nearly fair on the invaders.

Well, for the moment, you can just not abuse the tricks that make it unwinnable for the enemy. You can also die because the military system is confusing.

Or you can wait until Toady completes his pathfinding goals, at which point, and I quote "You should be able to drop a goblin on any tile of the map and have him get to any other tile, whether he needs to climb walls, build bridges, or whatever."

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Banned

It's not really a trick to properly prepare your fortress in case of invasion.

Not a big fan of chopping off your legs in order to have a fair fight.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's not really a trick to properly prepare your fortress in case of invasion.

Not a big fan of chopping off your legs in order to have a fair fight.
    The trick is, UNDERSTANDING IT. That's where I fail. So I can't really prepare well enough if I don't know how.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Barbarian in the Playground

For every one fort that harvests dragons for bones, there are five destroyed by a dragon/bronze colossus/etc.

10. - Top - End - #1300

Kobold

So, today I played Lazer Tag for the first time. I was able to fully utilize my TF2 skills.

I kept shooting people in the back, and then at one point me and three teammates captured the large tower in the center and rained lazer down on everyone else from above. Being freakishly tall already, the tower meant I could shoot almost anywhere.

I kept finding myself shouting

"HOOOAAAAAAAH HOOAAAAH KEEP CRYING BABY"

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

Bored, so I did some random stuff in Garry's mod. Please note I am not very good at ragdoll posing.

So, do you guys count for two heads each?
    Spoiler
    Show

My gun!
    Spoiler
    Show

Something crazy I made, capable of killing three hunters in under 30 seconds (two of them died from being hit by the flying ragdoll of the first.)
    Spoiler
    Show

And something special I made for the engie update:

Engie vs. strider...FIGHT!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    So, today I played Lazer Tag for the first time. I was able to fully utilize my TF2 skills.

I kept shooting people in the back, and then at one point me and three teammates captured the large tower in the center and rained lazer down on everyone else from above. Being freakishly tall already, the tower meant I could shoot almost anywhere.

I kept finding myself shouting

"HOOOAAAAAAAH HOOAAAAH KEEP CRYING BABY"
    Oh, Lazer Tag.

That's a REAL MAN'S game. Local place went down for a bit, but it seems to be back. Really should go some time.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

13. - Top - End - #1303

Kobold

Me and five friends made up the BLU team.

BLU won repeatedly.

Have any of you ever played with Demon? My friend from real life who pops onto the server from time to time?

He dominated. You get 50 points for shooting a person in the shoulders or gun, and 100 for the back or gut.

He finished one round with 8000 points when the next best score was less than 4000.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh man, so jealous of your laser tag. Haven't played laser tag in years and years and years, and it's so much fun. How does the targeting work now, anyways?
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

15. - Top - End - #1305

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Oh man, so jealous of your laser tag. Haven't played laser tag in years and years and years, and it's so much fun. How does the targeting work now, anyways?
    Point gun, shoot laser?
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post
    Point gun, shoot laser?
    Kill enemy? Hopefully you weren't trained to aim by stormtroopers. o.o

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant on the recieving end. =P
    Last time I played there were these huge, cumbersome vests that kinda inhibited my mobility.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

18. - Top - End - #1308

Kobold

I meant on the recieving end. =P
    Last time I played there were these huge, cumbersome vests that kinda inhibited my mobility.
    Yeah. The vests have large sensor areas.

The targetting is pretty spotty; it's more of a laser SHOTGUN, since you can hit multiple people who are standing nearby.

But it's still loads of fun.

On that note, loads of fun on Drolserver tonight. Blackfox, you may be awful at l4d2, but you make a fine TF2 teammate.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh thanks Susan; love you too. This is why we can't have nice things.

Anyways, the point is that I need to be able to move/roll/hide/sneak if I'm going to slaughter the other team singlehandedly and the vests make it difficult.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1310

Kobold

This is why we can't have nice things.
    I said you were an excellent teammate in TF2! what is to complain about that.

As for rolling and manuevering, I found that keeping a brisk pace and heading forward worked best, but then again, I spent most of my time moving from one enemy's back to the next.
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-07-11 at 09:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing wrong with the TF2 comment, except its veracity, but thanks for the inaccurate and biased judgement of my L4D skill. For the record, when you're black and white and surrounded by a horde, out of sight of your smoked teammate, it's a bit difficult to unsmoke them. Anyways, apparently I suck at videogames, laser tag is fun, end of discussion.
    Last edited by blackfox; 2010-07-11 at 11:56 PM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1312

Raven has disappeared to New York. I am sad.

In other news: JOCKEY!

Spoiler
    Show

ModernLittleRaven and myself. Just felt like sharing.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I can confirm TF2 improves Lazer Tag ability. A friend and I showed up to a 30-man college free-for-all event. I placed second, him first. Neither of us had much Tag experience, but we'd both played too many goddamned video games.

I think my aim in real life is leagues better than my actual in-game aim. I often found myself facing the correct direction, for one thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1314

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    I can confirm TF2 improves Lazer Tag ability. A friend and I showed up to a 30-man college free-for-all event. I placed second, him first. Neither of us had much Tag experience, but we'd both played too many goddamned video games.

I think my aim in real life is leagues better than my actual in-game aim. I often found myself facing the correct direction, for one thing.
    I can't say much for aim improvement from gaming, but I can testify that it improves awareness and tactical sense a ton. Last time I played Lazer Tag I ended up with a group of five people continually hunting me down—but the had blobbed up. I managed to end up in first place by sniping them and backing off before they could figure out my location, kiting them into oblivion.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    Raven has disappeared to New York. I am sad.

In other news: JOCKEY!

Spoiler
    Show

ModernLittleRaven and myself. Just felt like sharing.
    Wow, Mario. How old are you guys?

EDIT: The "Wow, Mario" was more like "Wow, Mario, you guys look happy :)"
    Last edited by Flechair; 2010-07-12 at 02:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1316

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post

But I play a mostly W + M1 Pyro. How's that supposed to improve Lazer Tag at all?

Also, I seem to remember one I went to once when very young that had guns that charged rapid fire shots when you held the trigger down. Such fun,
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #1317

Quote Originally Posted by Flechair View Post

Mario can be happy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post
    But I play a mostly W + M1 Pyro. How's that supposed to improve Lazer Tag at all?
    Easy: you charge the other guy, knock them down and set them on fire. This is a guaranteed way to win at lazer tag and jail time.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Quote Originally Posted by Flechair View Post

I know Mario is either 20 or 21 (21, I believe), and I'd imagine Raven is about the same age.

In that picture, however, she manages to look very much like the jockey. It's rather frightening, actually.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    In that picture, however, she manages to look very much like the jockey. It's rather frightening, actually.

If someone told me I looked like that, I'd take a heavy hit to my self-esteem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.