New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

I don't think there is a sane human being among us who will not pre-purchase Portal 2.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Hat View Post
    This stuff came out at E3, along with orange and blue goop. I for one plan on pre ordering this and then staring at the countdown timer.
    That's because part of the team working on it is from Seattle, they made a game called TAG! The power of paint. It's free, and it'll make you better understand were the goop is coming from.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I don't think there is a sane human being among us who will not pre-purchase Portal 2.
    Why limit it to humans? I don't think there is a sane being with a computer that is pre purchasing Portal 2, and no sane being without a computer that isn't buying one right now just to be ready.
    Steam name: Smiling Jack, aint that convenient?
    Numerical Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:15133339

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not going to be pre-purchasing portal 2.

Mostly because I have now quarrels with just buying it the day it comes out. :P
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Serious question, no sarcasm or cynicism: Does it matter if I prepurchase? If I can get it via Steam, I can just buy it that day and download it, right? Or has anyone ever experienced terribly slow downloads on a launch day?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Or has anyone ever experienced terribly slow downloads on a launch day?
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yes.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've been playing through Metro 2033 and I must say, I am most impressed so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Serious question, no sarcasm or cynicism: Does it matter if I prepurchase? If I can get it via Steam, I can just buy it that day and download it, right? Or has anyone ever experienced terribly slow downloads on a launch day?
    I have little doubt they'll institute some sort of pre-purchase deal. Perhaps a little sentry gun hat for TF2.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    *Raises hand*

I'm not buying it until A.My new computer arrives around Christmas time and B.I know it will work on that computer.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    I have little doubt they'll institute some sort of pre-purchase deal. Perhaps a little sentry gun hat for TF2.
    Oh god, I want one so bad. Wear it on the pyro.

(While spychecking) "Are you still there?"
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-06-29 at 05:32 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, the sequel to game of the year and possibly the greatest game ever (very close run in with LOZ:MM), pretty bad download times, with prepurchase you can predownload it and play on the release, the minute it comes out

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    *Raises hand*

I'm not buying it until A.My new computer arrives around Christmas time and B.I know it will work on that computer.
    We said sane human.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm not buying it until it inevitably goes on sale or becomes free just like the original did.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    *Raises hand*

That would still be a pre-purchase. It comes out in 2011.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    That would still be a pre-purchase. It comes out in 2011.
    Oh, well, lucky me.
    Of course, that is if they release the sys req before it hits shelves.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2010-06-29 at 06:02 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    I'm not buying it until it inevitably goes on sale or becomes free just like the original did.
    I think its pretty unlikely that P2 will ever be free.

If only just so that valve wouldn't have to worry about others like you always waiting for their free copy when/if P3 comes around.

Though no doubt it will get some crazy sales after the first year (or before, L4D2 went like half off within a month).
    Last edited by Myatar_Panwar; 2010-06-29 at 05:56 PM.
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    I don't think that will ever happen. I still see heavies torn apart all the time by competent players, or surprised and killed by average or worse players. I think Valve might be happy with things as they stand.
    This. The new and improved (in some form) Heavy is here to stay, and for good reason. Snipers and Sticky Demos hard counter him, remotely competent Sandmen Scouts soft counter him, he is probably the easiest target in the game for Spies to gank while engaged, and Soldiers, particularly Direct Hit Soldiers, can frag him quite easily at mid range and beyond, or even in close quarters if they have cover to edge behind. Compound these vulnerabilities with his (former) second long start up and wind down times (during which several classes can frag you almost half to death or better) with his terrible mobility (particularly when wound up) and you have a seriously flawed class.

While I can't say I fully agree with the specific forms of these buffs, particularly given the fact that they're all passive improvements without any sort of skill indexed component, I do think that the class is overall moving in the correct direction. Furthermore, I find he still has some improving left to do before he can be officially counted as 'done' (mobility bolstering ala the GRU or some other method).

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Generally if you prepurchase a valve game they let you download most of the files beforehand and they also will share files with your other source games, so you should be able, in theory, to play on release day.
    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    While I can't say I fully agree with the specific forms of these buffs, particularly given the fact that they're all passive improvements without any sort of skill indexed component, I do think that the class is overall moving in the correct direction.
    .... so why did you this Djinn? That's not how thising works, you can't this when you don't actually agree with what was this'd.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-06-29 at 06:24 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    .... so why did you this Djinn? That's not how this'ing works, you can't this when you don't actually agree with what was this'd.

Wait, what?

As far as I can make out this is either a diliberate attempt to piss off Zero, or more likely, an "in" joke.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling-Jack View Post
    As far as I can make out this is either a diliberate attempt to piss off Zero
    There is definately a time and a place to piss of Zero, this is not it.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    .... so why did you this Djinn? That's not how this'ing works, you can't this when you don't actually agree with what was this'd.
    Actually I do agree with the quoted passage in the sense that the Heavy will probably not see any major reversions, and that Valve is more or less happy with the state of the class (obviously with the GRU in development they're still working a couple of things out). Further my observations are basically identical to his own.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

huh... I always thought that the point of a HEAVY was to be slow, big and annoying. Half decent players will be able to play this class with ease, teamed with a half decent medic and you have a good pushing or defence combo. Like everything in tf you need ballence in order to do anything.

Oh and some news... I FOUNDS A HAT! HAHAHAH!!! no crafting for me!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DranWork View Post
    huh... I always thought that the point of a HEAVY was to be slow, big and annoying. Half decent players will be able to play this class with ease, teamed with a half decent medic and you have a good pushing or defence combo. Like everything in tf you need ballence in order to do anything.
    The problem is that the initial implementation of the idea didn't quite work out in practice. He had too many counters, and too many answers, in addition to the fact that he was extremely time inefficient. Basically, in any environment of competence (I'm not simply referring to competitive style/level play), the Heavy got royally rocked.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Dead Space has a basketball mini game!?
    Yeah, that fits the scifi survival horror genre really well.
    Did anyone try this? is it worth the garbage and totally destruction of the setting?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So, I just bought the X-COM pack for $3.74. Is this series good, in a "hear the burning of your enemies" sort of way?
    I don't really have anything to put here.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cezyou View Post
    So, I just bought the X-COM pack for $3.74. Is this series good, in a "hear the burning of your enemies" sort of way?
    From the way these guys have been going on, it's more good in a "hear the burning of your troops" way.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling-Jack View Post
    From the way these guys have been going on, it's more good in a "hear the burning of your troops" way.
    I suppose that's close enough.
    I don't really have anything to put here.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

you guys do kinda realise that this is tf2 right? An that its about the 4th time this game has been remade? An that the Heavy's weakness's have always been his weakness's and that its a farely weak class all round? Kinda like how the soldier is always a little bit to slow now that you cant bunny hop.

Back in the orignal tf days (aka quake 1, when well was called well6 and 2fort was called 2fort5r ext ext) the heavy was a beast since you could bunny hop thus meaning he could eventualy move faster then a scout and the scout class became pointless as everyone could move faster then him. Great times really!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

New Killing Floor update, but it does not appear to be the balance patch that Tripwire is planning to eventually put in. Just some bug fixes.

Patch released:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Updates to Killing Floor have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Fixed clients hanging during map change
    Fixed an exploit found in the Perks system
    Fixed a glitch and memory leak in the Audio system
    Fixed downloaded files in the Cache folder causing Perks to disable

Mac Specific
    Audio effects should be more correct (footsteps should be audible, player's own gunshots should be louder, etc).
    Fixed MP7 Shoot sound not working properly
    Dedicated server should work now.
    Motion blur, windowed mode, and crossbow scope should work on all ATI GPUs, now.
    No longer forces crossbow scope to "Textured" mode at startup.
    Other minor fixes.
    Last edited by surikesu; 2010-06-29 at 07:46 PM.
    Placeholder in perpetuity.