New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

I'm glad about the map changing fix.
    I don't really have anything to put here.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIII: The World's #1 Forum-Themed Hat Acquisition Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by surikesu View Post
    New Killing Floor update, but it does not appear to be the balance patch that Tripwire is planning to eventually put in. Just some bug fixes.

Patch released:
    Damn. I got my hopes up when I saw that Steam had finished downloading Killing Floor.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

I am really glad that bunny hopping does not speed you up in modern games. It always struck me as the stupidest thing ever.

On a different note, I also could not pass up the X-Com collection for $3.74, even though I already have the games from abandonware sites. It feels good to have paid for copies :)

I think I should play them some more too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yes.
    Thank you. No offense, no hard feelings.

*fleeeeees*
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Okay, Wheatley is the best.

<3

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

He's alright at best. Glados raises the bar too high.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Was just watching an episode of the Colbert Report (probably a re run, considering the time). Stephen was poking fun at 2012 apocalypse shelters. Suddenly, a clip from L4D2, where Stephen describes how the apocalypse shelter you can purchase would come with "an attentive, 24/7 zombie staff."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

[This is pertaining to the Heavy convo we've been having, kinda] As a traditional Scout player (I don't use any unlocks) I've been able to take down Heavies in three shots with little difficulty, as long as I'm not interrupted. That's if I come around a corner and surprise them. Any time a heavy is revved, I ain't attacking, cuz that's just damn foolish. If I face a good Heavy they'll kill me before I get my 3rd shot off, but they're in a bad spot, and without a Sandvich, they are easy targets for whoever wanders by.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Let me go ahead and chime into the whole Heavy debate by bringing my class's perspective to the table: I think Heavies should be made of nothing but backs. Just a sphere of backs, a mobile hedgehog of shoulderblades and soft, barely-defended spinal columns. Of course, in the process, they'll have to remove all of the Heavy's weapons, but as it is currently the Heavy is too good at not getting killed by me, so something obviously has to be done.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Let me go ahead and chime into the whole Heavy debate by bringing my class's perspective to the table: I think Heavies should be made of nothing but backs. Just a sphere of backs, a mobile hedgehog of shoulderblades and soft, barely-defended spinal columns.
    You can't use the back-humper in TF2, though.

Coach frowns upon you.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-06-29 at 10:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Was just watching an episode of the Colbert Report (probably a re run, considering the time). Stephen was poking fun at 2012 apocalypse shelters. Suddenly, a clip from L4D2, where Stephen describes how the apocalypse shelter you can purchase would come with "an attentive, 24/7 zombie staff."
    I was hoping for a Fallout joke.

I mean, other than the entire thing being a Fallout joke.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post

Coach frowns upon you.
    What the hell, Hat? Is that you?
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flechair View Post
    That's because part of the team working on it is from Seattle, they made a game called TAG! The power of paint. It's free, and it'll make you better understand were the goop is coming from.
    The teaching methods and general setup reminded me a lot of how Portal eased you into the game. Quite fun.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Oh yes you can. Except in TF2 he's invisible half the time and three times as annoying.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling-Jack View Post
    From the way these guys have been going on, it's more good in a "hear the burning of your troops" way.
    Depends.

As hard as it is to believe, some day, some distant day, you will complete a mission in one take, with nobody dead. You will be amazed, shocked. You will remember every soldier in that ranger's name. You will remember every critical snapshot.

You will, unfortunately, forget to save. And then your base will be attacked by Chryssalids.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

16. - Top - End - #256

Hypothesis: Adding Special Infected from Left 4 Dead 2 to Team Fortress 2 will be declared overpowered and unfun within mere seconds of play.

Reasoning: Lone players will be punished for straying away from the pack, eliminating several emergent gameplay styles, such as combat Engineer, ninja Heavy, many valid Spy playstyles.

For Example:
    • Lone Sniper defending atop Redfort will be pounced by Hunter, rendering him immobile and soon after, dead.
    • Escaping Scouts may be smoked by Smoker or ridden by Jockies when attempting to escape, leaving him stranded across gap, unable to move and removing one of his valued abilities; freedom of movement.
    • Heavies camping one location next to Dispenser may be shot at with Spitter goo, which does increased damage over time. This forces them to stop firing and move, or die from self-proclaimed invincibility.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

However. There still needs to be a Gibus reskin that is a Jockey. Just because.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I will say this much for X-COM: it has provoked from me a near-unceasing torrent of creative profanity that I would not have previously considered myself capable of.

Within minutes, foul language becomes my language, a twenty-word glossary describing every sentiment from shock to outrage to indignation to contempt--even joy and triumph are rendered entirely in cusses. It's a little bit beautiful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259

Remember, Ruts. UFO Defence will want to make you cry at the beginning. Then you get lasers. Then things even out a little. Then the aliens tech up and you cry again.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

I have fond memories of how much the governments of the world hated me when I decided that the only way to reliably kill chrysalids was to blow up the entire map and burn down what was left. Didn't they understand that I was doing them a favour?
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Hypothesis: Adding Special Infected from Left 4 Dead 2 to Team Fortress 2 will be declared overpowered and unfun within mere seconds of play.

Reasoning: Lone players will be punished for straying away from the pack, eliminating several emergent gameplay styles, such as combat Engineer, ninja Heavy, many valid Spy playstyles.

For Example:
    • Lone Sniper defending atop Redfort will be pounced by Hunter, rendering him immobile and soon after, dead.
    • Escaping Scouts may be smoked by Smoker or ridden by Jockies when attempting to escape, leaving him stranded across gap, unable to move and removing one of his valued abilities; freedom of movement.
    • Heavies camping one location next to Dispenser may be shot at with Spitter goo, which does increased damage over time. This forces them to stop firing and move, or die from self-proclaimed invincibility.
    I think it'd be much better to have TF2 chars in L4D2, all four of you pick a class, start out with melee weapons, find random ones (like jarate or the smg, but only sniper can use), it'd be AWESOME, and with a little tweaking all the classes are pretty much balanced against the zombie apocalypse.

Scout:Good for helping stuck friends, bad when grabbed, but hard to grab, bonk would really be useful for getting to the button!

Soldier:Equal crowd control and taking out heavy-er zombies, but not brilliant at either.

Pyro: Zombies+fire. Yes, hell yes.

Demoman: Great in finales, and with charge'n'targe, good at helping friends too (you would totally plow through zombies and only stop when you hit a special)

Minigun guy: I feel he should be immune to getting grabbed by anyone but charger, brilliant against the horde, not so good against tanks or spitters, but sandvich would be a god send!

Engineer: Sentry. Finale. Nuff' said.

Medic: Hard to find a way to make him not overpowered, since losing health is one of the things that makes L4D great, needs thinking about.

Spy: Pass by hordes to switch off the alarm? kill/hugely damage tanks with a backstab? Good thing about the spy is at the beginning he pretty much already has his best weapon. Also, dead ringer.

Sniper: Smoker got scout 'BANG' pfffft. The sniper would be a special infected's nightmare, but the hordes dream.

I put way too much thought into this hypothetical...
    Last edited by Smiling-Jack; 2010-06-30 at 06:31 AM.
    Steam name: Smiling Jack, aint that convenient?
    Numerical Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:15133339

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I have a question about two games I'd like to buy - L4D2 and Killing Floor.
    Which one is better? I know people with Killing Floor and it is cheaper, but Left 4 Dead I know about and have played.
    Opinions?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Shas, your comp ain't to good, correct? At least, that's what I heard when I spoke to you last.

KF can run just peachy (40-50, no slow down at all) on mine while I have trouble TF2 (5-10 FPS on certain maps, 10-20 on all others, on surf_akai... 80+ for some reason). Killing Floor is fun as well :D

If running the games isn't a problem, L4D2>KF, especially with the amount of people here that play it. A lot of people play KF here, as well, however. And it's definatly worth it, especially if you have a low end comp.

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    So, I have a question about two games I'd like to buy - L4D2 and Killing Floor.
    Which one is better? I know people with Killing Floor and it is cheaper, but Left 4 Dead I know about and have played.
    Opinions?
    Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 provide a cinematic view of a zombie plague outbreak. It emphasizes teamwork, tactical thinking and situational awareness. The campaigns are long and very story based, and will give you a better experience with a close group of people.

Killing Floor is more of an arcade style zombie shooter. It makes you feel more badass. Cinematic in a different way, more of an action movie than a horror/survival movie. The shorter matches are great for short, quick bursts of fun with yer mates.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    Shas, your comp ain't to good, correct? At least, that's what I heard when I spoke to you last.
    Dual 2.8 GhZ Intel / 3 GB RAM / NVidia 240 GTS

Good enogh to run most games 3 or 4 years ago on Max settings, more recent stuff on medium/low.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266

I saw a thread about TF2 characters in L4D a while ago. It suggested that it would only be two characters to prevent it from becoming overpowered. I think that would probably be the best way around it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Dual 2.8 GhZ Intel / 3 GB RAM / NVidia 240 GTS

Good enogh to run most games 3 or 4 years ago on Max settings, more recent stuff on medium/low.
    Yeah, you can run either game then.

I say go for L4D2 first due to the large player-base and the higher quality of the game itself.
    My Twitter

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Cthulhu View Post
    I saw a thread about TF2 characters in L4D a while ago. It suggested that it would only be two characters to prevent it from becoming overpowered. I think that would probably be the best way around it.
    If you have it so they don't have most of their weapons to start with, and their original ammo capacities I'm sure you could balance it.

Although... nine of you would just be funny.
    Steam name: Smiling Jack, aint that convenient?
    Numerical Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:15133339

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

For anyone who is struggling to learn X-Com, this link may very well help you.
    My Twitter

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Yeah, you can run either game then.

I say go for L4D2 first due to the large player-base and the higher quality of the game itself.
    Alright, thanks.
    Also, since I don't feel this warrants a new thread, I'm buying an external hard drive. Aside from the amount of space, are thee any differences I should watch out for?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larger Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show