New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Frenzied Entourage (IC)

After about a week's journey in the band's spacious and groovy carriage, Rolling Cradle, everyone has arrived at the humble hamlet known as "Elvira Village", the first stop on the band's first ever official tour. For now, the band's destination is the Free City Palmera, but Reginleif is insisting on playing in every locale that you pass through.

As all of you exit the Rolling Cradle, you survey the area around you. Elvira Village is certainly a less bustling place than Reginleif hyped it up to be. At least, nowhere near the urban mayhem of Palmera. It would take any of you all of an hour on foot to see the entire village. The kinds of amenities in this backwater place are just the bare-bones; an inn, a healing house, some stables, and a general store for travelers. Most everything else is residential. A tumbleweed breezes on by.

Two roadies hop out of the main door, one carrying a stack of papers in his arms so high you can't see his face. "Hey, bodyguards," he grumbles, walking towards you. "Why don't you make yourselves useful and pass these out around town?"

The flyer, a concert poster, reads:

Spoiler
    Show
    MERIDIAN THUNDER STRIKES!

Debut: Lunesta 16th

((OOC: Image credit to ValkyrieNZ on deviantart))

A special treat after the show! Backstage Pass: Meet the members of MERIDIAN THUNDER!

Reginleif the Skald, Jammin' Jamyrus "Volts", "Mystery Man" Durran, and "GP Gorgeous" Gald!

Reginleif steps out of the navy-blue vehicle with a pair of war drums strapped to his back. "Alright, boys... and girl. First order of business," he begins authoritatively. "Let's get drunk 'till we can't stand up! Kick off the tour right!"

Jamyrus falls out of a side door, his feathers apparently charred from a failed experiment. Durran steps out of said side door with a bit more grace. "The first good idea you've had in a week, Reggie."

Reginleif lets out a chuckle, and begins walking towards the largest building.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Frenzied Entourage (IC)

Vaugn Sebastian Johansen III looks at the roadie that hands him the flyer. "Excuse me. Flyer-passing is not in my contract. However, I believe it in in yours." He leans in close and looks the roadie in the eye. "Trust me. I would know." he says menacingly. After this, he hands the flyers back to the roadie and speaks to "Reggie".

"Reginleif the Skald, if we do indeed plan to, and I quote, "get drunk 'till we can't stand up", I would suggest that a group of us, including but not limited to at least one of us, stay sober. It would help avoid negative publicity, in addition to assuring your safety should you be attacked while under the influence. I will volunteer myself, as "getting drunk 'till I can't stand up" is hardly becoming of an upstanding citizen like me."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From now on, assume all italics at the end of my post are OOC. In addition, could you give us descriptions of the band members? The whole "charred feathers" thing threw me off.
    Last edited by Rauthiss; 2010-06-28 at 09:40 PM.
    Homebrew Hoard
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All images by myself.

Last edited by Rauthiss : Today at 6:66 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

"I believe it would be best were I to be one of those not getting drunk," the gray-skinned, snow-white-haired woman standing behind Vaughn says in a level tone, an exotic accent tinging her words as she crosses her arms over her bosom. "Both because I believe my talents would be better off defending than getting drunk, and also because I've yet to come across a decent wine in these parts."

Amist Halcyon sighs a bit, fully expecting that a number of people will immediately protest the half-drow's decision not to get smashed. Seeing as she's the only woman around...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Reginleif shrugs. "Suit yourselves. Oh, and Vaugn, no need to add 'the Skald' when ya call my name." He walks on with Durran and Jamyrus to the nearest bar, an unnamed and nondescript building with only a picture of a tankard of ale to describe it as such. The roadies carrying the flyers march off in random directions, mumbling in frustration. Moments later, Gald erupts from the back of the carriage, guitar in tow, marching after the rest of the band.

5. - Top - End - #5

Following the rest of the band members, Fourteen emerges from a shadowed corner of the caravan, wincing as the sunlight hits his eyes. He smirks vaguely at Halcyon's uptight response.

"Well, I'm in." he says. "A bar's purpose is for people to stand around, getting drunk off their arse. Do any otherwise, you'll just stand out. You should know how it works, the less attention, the less trouble for us.

Human-type food is plain disgusting, but I suppose I will just have to manage."

Sa'weet, he thinks, Finally a chance to see what this band parties like.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Getting wasted's going to be the only good thing that can happen to us in this hole. Vasili spits on the ground. Let's get on with it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Reginleif & co. walk into the bar, and are greeted by a young plain-looking human woman with short brown hair tied back in a ponytail and wearing a blue dress. "Welcome! Can I get you all something to drink?" she asks with a polite curtsy.

Reginleif promptly stands up on the nearest wooden chair, raises his fist into the air, and declares, "Tonight, we celebrate the thunder strike! Ten rounds of drinks for everyone, on me! Get me and my bandmates here something mean, will ya buttercup?" Cheers and whistles resound from all around the bar. He then sits down at the table, which has enough chairs for everyone. Various patrons begin to approach Reginleif and they make animated small talk. Soon after, the waitress brings a tray with a large number of tankards of ale on it, and sets it on the table. It seems fairly cheap, but strong.

8. - Top - End - #8

Vaugn Sebastian Johansen III walks up to the Reginleif after he announces the free drinks, and looks at him. "Reginleif the Skald, I don't think we have that kind of money..." He opens his briefcashield, and pulls out a few papers, glancing over them. "Ah... It seems we do, after your last performance. Very well. Try to stay in clean endeavors, though, sir."

Vaugn Sebastian Johansen III crinkles his nose as the smell of the bar's alcohol assaults his nostrils. "Alcohol. Ugh. The enemy of clear thought."
    Homebrew Hoard
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All images by myself.

9. - Top - End - #9

Fourteen can't help but laugh a bit.

"C'mon, man." swatting Vaugn jovially on the shoulder, "It's ok to relax once in a while."

He takes two available mugs, giving one to Vaugn.

"Here, just have a drink. It'll calm you dow..." Fourteen's beak makes a loud clink as it hits the bottom of the mug. Futilely, he tries to slurp the mug. then tries to pour it into his open mouth, succeeding only at pouring beer all over himself.

"So what was that you were saying? Enemy of clear thought? Sounds like a good philosophy to me. Gotta keep a clear head and all, you know."

Feeling a bit foolish, Fourteen awkwardly tries to end the conversation. Reclining a bit, he casually scans the bar for any potentially unusual characters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Check:
    (1d20+7)[27]
    Campaign:

Characters:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Near the corner of the bar, you see a young human man, dressed in pale blue robes, with short hair and glasses. He looks meek and rather fragile, and is enjoying what appears to be a glass of water by himself.

11. - Top - End - #11

Hmm..long robes. Could be a Mage of some kind. Fourteen decides to keep an eye on this man. Just as a precaution, he takes a small bottle out of his pocket and discretely begins applying poison to the claws on his left hand.

It's probably nothing, he thinks, But better prepared than not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Slight of Hand Check to avoid anyone noticing the bottle of poison:
    (1d20+9)[21]
    Campaign:

Characters:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check:
    1d20+1, it's a 3.

Nobody that can see you notices your poison.
    Last edited by Merk; 2010-06-29 at 09:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to share one drink," Amist says as she settles into her seat, looking around the bar with interest. "Seeing as it is, after all, free, yes?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+0)[16]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #14

"A good choice, sir. I approve," Vaugn Sebastian Johansen III says to his companion. Having made his intents clear, Vaugn Sebastian Johansen III moves behind Reginleif, and casts a cursory glance around the bar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+2)[15]
    Homebrew Hoard
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All images by myself.

15. - Top - End - #15

DruidGuy

The Falcon had entered the bar, but was not drinking. He'd yet to find some way to drink without taking off his ever-present bandanna, so just hoped noone would notice.

Instead, he casually leant on the bar, looking around as he peered from under his hat and over his bandanna.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+6)[10]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Now we're talking. Vasili empties his mug with considerable speed and eagerness. Nothing like a drink, especially a free one. He also observes the bar, taking everything in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[9]
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    None of you notice Fourteen applying poison to his claws, but you all can see the blue-robed young man in the corner.

You do all hear a bell tolling from the center of the town.

The barmaid takes a quick look outside, notices the sun setting, and quickly starts making rounds. She hurriedly gathers up tankards back on the metal tray, even as patrons are mid-drink, and there are plenty of people exiting the bar with hushed whispers. The young man in the blue robes also heads towards the exit.

Reginleif looks around, confused. "Hey, what gives? The night's young! The party's just getting started!"

The barmaid turns to him. "I'm so sorry, sir, but we do have to close down right now! You should also get to shelter as soon as you can, as well. Just follow the crowd to the north side of the village, and there will be a ladder leading down in one of the barns. The zombies don't know how to go downstairs, so you'll be safe for the night."

18. - Top - End - #18

Fourteen perks up at the last comment.

"Wait. Wait. Zombies? Nobody told us anything about zombies! What in the nine hells kind of town is this?"
    Campaign:

Characters:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

"We're a normal town!" insisted the barmaid with a huff. "They just came here all of a sudden a couple of weeks back. They wander around at night, attackin' the villagers, it's really scary! But they're gone as soon as the sun rises... that's why you'll be safe at the shelter."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

And noone tried to put up a fight? Vasili asks, surprised.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"And they only come out at night. Are you sure they are actually zombies?" Amist asks, a bit dumbfounded, herself, but paying close attention to Blue-Robes in the corner...

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+5)[16]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22

Vaugn Sebastian Johansen III thinks for a moment. "They come at night, attack people, are unintelligent, and leave the town a mess? Hm. Reginleif the Skald, they sound like your fans. Perhaps you were right in choosing to stay here."

He walks over to Reginleif and speaks quietly to him. "Sir, if these "Zombies" are as numerous as this barmaid says they are, I think it would be a good opportunity to you to throw an interlivingcial concert. The proceeds could be impressive."
    Homebrew Hoard
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All images by myself.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Amist notices that blue-robes seems in a hurry to leave the bar. You can tell that he's nervous about something. But you don't detect any ill intent...

"We don't really have a militia," responded the barmaid. "Aside from the healing house, nobody here has much experience with battle. And they sure are zombies, I've seen them! Oh god, poor uncle Wes! All we can do is hide 'till they go away."

Reginleif turns to Vaugn. "So... you're suggesting we have a zombie concert? Rad! Let's do it, guys!" The others shout in agreement.

The barmaid looks incredulously at Reginleif. "You want to hold a concert here while zombies attack?! That's really dangerous!"

Reginleif grins and looks over at Vaugn, Amist, Fourteen, The Falcon, and Vasili. "Well, that's why we have bodyguards, am I right?"

"Put the posters up right here," he yells to the roadies. "We're going to rock out 'till sunrise!"

24. - Top - End - #24

Hah! thinks Fourteen, Now THIS is what I signed up for.

He turns to the other bodyguards.

"Alright, let's make sure to surround the band from all sides. I'll climb onto the roof and scout ahead for potential danger. If any undead present a direct threat to the band members, take them out right away. With luck, I will find a good vantage point from which to provide cover fire."

He claps his hands together with excitement.

"Alright! I think this just might be the show of our lifetime!"
    Campaign:

Characters:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Amist watches 'blue' departing, but has her attention directed to Vaughn and Reginleif.
    "...I would ask, 'are you nuts', however, I believe the answer to that would be obvious," she says, sighing. "I suppose preparations to fight the brain-seeking dead are in order then..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Most of the bar's patrons and staff leave the bar and head for the shelter, and the roadies begin to set up equipment in the main area of the bar. Jamyrus hooks up a small metal box towards the back of the room with cords leading from it into the players' instruments.

The sun has fully set, and it is somewhat dark outside. You can hear painful moans coming from outside.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fourteen climbs on the roof. Roll a Perception check.

Reginleif gets out his drum kit and takes center stage. "For those of you left, and for those of you yet to come, get ready to eat your hats! This is how we roll. This is how we rock. We are... MERIDIAN THUNDER!"

27. - Top - End - #27

Fourteen makes his way up the side of the building, digging his talons into the soft wooden planks to provide proper footing. Upon reaching the roof, he draws his crossbow and finds the highest point on the roof, as to gain a vantage point from all sides of the building. He peers on ahead, looking for the zombies to approach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Check:
    (1d20+7)[19] (Fourteen also has low light vision)
    Campaign:

Characters:

28. - Top - End - #28

Vaugn Sebastian Johansen III prepares himself for the fight. A cloak of flame settles around him, and the discerning eye can notice that the flames are actually a bunch of tiny, blue numbers. He positions himself at the door to the bar, getting ready to be the first line of defense. His sword fades into being as well, sitting in his right hand, as well as a small cube of blue flame at his left shoulder.

"Attention concertgoers! There is a chance that you will find yourself among those of different living states. If your neighbor begins to try to harm you, please move away and alert one of our security personnel. Attacks on others will not be taken lightly! Exits are located to the front of me! Please turn off all magical scrying devices so as to not interrupt our show. Thank you, and enjoy the show!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose the only thing of note gaming-wise here is that anything that successfully melee attacks me takes 4d6 fire damage. :3
    Last edited by Rauthiss; 2010-07-02 at 12:17 AM.
    Homebrew Hoard
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All images by myself.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fourteen notices nine zombies filtering in on the ground, and three zombies floating towards the bar by the means of helium-filled birthday balloons.

A horde of zombies begins to approach the front entrance of the bar, apparently lured in by the music. There are nine of them altogether. They seem hungry...

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for initiative.

(1d20-2)[13]

30. - Top - End - #30

Vaugn Sebastian Johansen III flourishes his blade, preparing for a battle. These zombies do not look ready for a concert.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20)[10]
    Homebrew Hoard
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All images by myself.