New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: GitP/ChHa Server Thread IV: For Science. You Monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    If that does turn out to be the case, have fun trying to kill me in spawn.
    The Wrangler appears, based on the picture, to shoot at something. If it's the sentry, have fun trying to use it in spawn. The door will close (breaking connection?) unless you're standing in the doorway, so you'd either be easy to kill or unable to use it. If this thing uses the sentry's perspective, the Engineer will pretty much be a sitting duck, I think.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Query here gents: Who is authorised to watch over Nightclaw whilst he's on, and is he good for use on the SHaFT? I don't want him breaking his terms of stay by accident here.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Query here gents: Who is authorised to watch over Nightclaw whilst he's on, and is he good for use on the SHaFT? I don't want him breaking his terms of stay by accident here.
    I talked to drolkcal about this. The current ruling is that SHaFT doesn't use our same ban list, so he's good on that server.

Personally, I think we may want to rethink the shared ban list thing, but until then, it's not an issue.

Also, I'm Nightclaw's only "handler," so to speak. I may pass him on to others, but I have to clarify that each time.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2010-07-07 at 11:01 AM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Namely that killing yourself will be hilariously easy.
    "Hey, wait! That no-good Spah's trying to sneak up and sap mah sentry!"
    *whirls around, points Wrangler at Spy*
    *gets riddled with his own Sentry bullets at double fire rate*

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

I suspect a lot of turtles will be standing on their sentries instead of their dispensers about 12 hours after the update ships.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

6. - Top - End - #306

Eheheh... That has a tendency to get you hit with your own rockets, though.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

7. - Top - End - #307

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    Sapper replacement much?
    Yes. A thousand times yes.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

That does not even vaguely resemble two separate perspectives in any way, shape or form.

If you control your sentry, chances are it's going to be from the sentry's perspective. Which means the engineer will be stationary, unless Valve is going to force players to learn to dodge without being able to see whom is firing at you unless you turn the sentry around.
    No. You track the target with the Wrangler from your perspective by aiming at it with the thing. While you _can_ potentially kill yourself with your own Sentry in this way, that's probably not going to happen if you use it well.

Quote Originally Posted by SciurusDoomus
    In argument for Snipers, Engies will probably be looking for bigger threats like Demomen or Soldiers or Spies, and not looking in the new dark corners and nests that Snipers will undoubtedly find and exploit. Snipers may become more powerful now that the Sentry can be manually controlled since new spots can always be staked out to take out sentries.
    Keep in mind that any Sniper counter is predicated entirely on not being noticed, because the Sentry Gun is pinpoint accurate and has no damage falloff, which means an Engineer gunning for you will kill in under a second, particularly if you're zoomed in.

9. - Top - End - #309

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Also, I'm Nightclaw's only "handler," so to speak. I may pass him on to others, but I have to clarify that each time.
    I like to imagine him in some sort of toddler harness with you holding his leash.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

I talked to drolkcal about this. The current ruling is that SHaFT doesn't use our same ban list, so he's good on that server.

Personally, I think we may want to rethink the shared ban list thing, but until then, it's not an issue.

darth mario said that it was either of you when he initially explained things....

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by nightclaw View Post
    darth mario said that it was either of you when he initially explained things....
    If he said that, then sure. Didn't want to put the work on him without him being okay with it.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    No. You track the target with the Wrangler from your perspective by aiming at it with the thing.
    That's only your assumption.

13. - Top - End - #313

I'm about 99% sure this in incorrect.

Let's assume it remains in your view. Can I direct my sentry from across the map? I doubt it, as that would be very powerful. Further, how does it toggle? Is right click an activation and left click the fire button? Again, I doubt this, as, without line of sight, it'll be hard to distinguish between not firing and firing. If it automatically works, it messes up quick-select when scrolling through weapons. It'll also be hard for the sentry to follow all the strange movements an Engineer can do.

Personally, I expect it to be the following:

• Right click when aiming at the sentry to activate.
    • Engineer cannot move. View possibly becomes that of the shielded sentry.
    • Left click fires the sentry's guns. Right click deactivates the Wrangler. Sentry rockets are fired on the old timer, not when you want them to be.

My best guess, at least.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous
    Technically yes it is an assumption, but it is one supported by all the Wrangler media so far provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni
    Let's assume it remains in your view. Can I direct my sentry from across the map? I doubt it, as that would be very powerful.
    So was (and is) the Sandman, but that didn't stop Valve.

15. - Top - End - #315

So was (and is) the Sandman, but that didn't stop Valve.
    ...point conceded. I still think it'll be set around a fixed view though.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

16. - Top - End - #316

I'm about 99% sure this in incorrect.

Let's assume it remains in your view. Can I direct my sentry from across the map? I doubt it, as that would be very powerful. Further, how does it toggle? Is right click an activation and left click the fire button? Again, I doubt this, as, without line of sight, it'll be hard to distinguish between not firing and firing. If it automatically works, it messes up quick-select when scrolling through weapons. It'll also be hard for the sentry to follow all the strange movements an Engineer can do.

Personally, I expect it to be the following:

• Right click when aiming at the sentry to activate.
    • Engineer cannot move. View possibly becomes that of the shielded sentry.
    • Left click fires the sentry's guns. Right click deactivates the Wrangler. Sentry rockets are fired on the old timer, not when you want them to be.

My best guess, at least.
    This is also what I expect. Plus the Wrangler is built with a control stick on top. That points to first person control.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

I hope Djinni is right, though I'm afraid that he will not be, because if you can move around while Wrangling, and there is no range limit (hell even if there is when it comes to enclosed spaces), that is one super broken unlock.

18. - Top - End - #318

I hope Djinni is right, though I'm afraid that he will not be, because if you can move around while Wrangling, and there is no range limit (hell even if there is when it comes to enclosed spaces), that is one super broken unlock.
    Amen.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

I disagree, actually. It's better for the rest of us if the engie CAN move. Why? It means he has to make additional judgements (IE making it a more challenging, worthwhile weapon); he needs to guess if the sentry can fire at what he sees; probably he'd need to stay in sentry range; he needs to not run into the firing line if necessary. Lastly, he needs to know what's behind him (and if he turns around, he's prolly aiming the sentry too). Slower sentry turn speed than default engie means he's already defenseless if he turns quickly and DOES see a spy; the spy can just shoot him if the sentry is pointed opposite of him, as his reaction time will likely be too long. Then, just blow the damn thing up.

Besides, engie will NEVER (aside from that initial jump) really catch on at ChHa; we've got a hell of a spy population =P

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom123 View Post
    I disagree, actually. It's better for the rest of us if the engie CAN move. Why? It means he has to make additional judgements (IE making it a more challenging, worthwhile weapon); he needs to guess if the sentry can fire at what he sees; probably he'd need to stay in sentry range; he needs to not run into the firing line if necessary. Lastly, he needs to know what's behind him (and if he turns around, he's prolly aiming the sentry too). Slower sentry turn speed than default engie means he's already defenseless if he turns quickly and DOES see a spy; the spy can just shoot him if the sentry is pointed opposite of him, as his reaction time will likely be too long. Then, just blow the damn thing up.
    As long as the Sentry has a sightline, it can fire, so unless the Engineer is situated such that he cannot see whether it does, he can make an immediate and accurate determination. With experience, he may not even need to personally observe the Sentry to confirm one.

Also, you're assuming the turn speed remains the same as when it's automated. If that's not the case, dealing with the Engineer as the Spy becomes significantly harder. Clever placement can also minimize the necessity of long turns in many cases.

Overall, movement makes the unlock incredibly powerful and hard to counter.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

How do I get someone's steam ID ingame? Right now there is a guy named captor, but spelled with weird characters, pretending to be a DJ. Can we fix this?
    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Hat View Post
    How do I get someone's steam ID ingame? Right now there is a guy named captor, but spelled with weird characters, pretending to be a DJ. Can we fix this?
    Hello!

Type in status in console, that will bring up the steamIDs of everyone on the server.
    Placeholder in perpetuity.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

God danmit, Im here at vacation and I just found out about the engi update, and its quite obvious that I´m somewhat angry. But I will be back on saturday. (With a firey vengance).

-The gentlemanly pyro

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuigi View Post
    God danmit, Im here at vacation and I just found out about the engi update, and its quite obvious that I´m somewhat angry. But I will be back on saturday. (With a firey vengance).

-The gentlemanly pyro
    Its not that bad - I missed pyro, scout, heavy and war by being on holiday during them.

25. - Top - End - #325

Besides, engie will NEVER (aside from that initial jump) really catch on at ChHa; we've got a hell of a spy population =P
    I politely laugh in your general direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

26. - Top - End - #326

Okay, has anyone else been having problems with connecting to TF2 servers?

In the past two days I've been having serious problems with connecting to them. A couple times my Server list is empty and claims no servers could be found and a few times of every single server having connection errors when I try to connect.

All whilst having a perfectly fine internet connection and I'm still connected to Steam, hence me being able to run TF2.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShortOne View Post
    I politely laugh in your general direction.
    You think I'm kidding? It's insane =P

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

New map, looks pretty cool. Elevator and stuff, also lasers.

New wrench, very bottom, community. Possibly unlock, maybe just model. No details yet.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

29. - Top - End - #329

You think I'm kidding? It's insane =P
    Me, Darth, and a few others play engie tons. Though I haven't for awhile. Because I usually end up never putting down a sentry if it's not by a point, and if it is then I just run off and shoot things.

And also that I can't actually get on the server anymore. That also made me stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

30. - Top - End - #330

The most amazing thing happened on the SHaFT tonight:

Two teams put aside their differences and called a ceasefire for one event.

More details coming later.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin