New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GitP/ChHa Server Thread IV: For Science. You Monster.

Hmm... Now who should I pick.

Blackfox... and....

T-Pain.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait wut. Why me?
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Because I don't really know Memnarch that well and you were the next person up.

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Those on last night may have noticed I changed my profile name for the moment...

Because I want a golden wrench.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm on SHaFT, alone, and lonely.

Or I can play killing floor >_>

6. - Top - End - #366
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Those on last night may have noticed I changed my profile name for the moment...

Because I want a golden wrench.
    That song is win.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, does the server have Coldfront on it?

8. - Top - End - #368

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    Hmm, does the server have Coldfront on it?
    Nope. Or at least I'm 99% sure it doesnt't.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Nope.avi
    I'll probably be on SHAFT as soon as my new modem gets hooked up. Pretty sure I can't run TF2 on my phone.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I'll probably be on SHAFT as soon as my new modem gets hooked up. Pretty sure I can't run TF2 on my phone.
    I oughta try that. Get myself an app to run my laptop from the iphone... See if it actually shows up ;)

11. - Top - End - #371

So...a concerning trend I've noticed.

Recently, ChHa has been completely pubby filled, or almost completely pubby filled. If I want to find ChHa regulars, I have to go to SHaFT.

This is, basically, what I was worried about. And I'm seeing it happening.

Thoughts?

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post

Recently, ChHa has been completely pubby filled, or almost completely pubby filled. If I want to find ChHa regulars, I have to go to SHaFT.

Thoughts?
    I can only corroborate your observations, with the caveat that I'm also often unable to play on SHaFT with ChHa since I never see anyone on.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Man. I remember the days when I couldn't play on ChHa because no one was on. It looks like we're going full circle.

Maybe password ChHa?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Thoughts?
    Kill the pubbies.

All the pubbies.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

That was my first impulse, yeah.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's why I recommended we do the update on SHaFT. It's our best chance at happiness teamwork-y murder.

17. - Top - End - #377

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom123 View Post
    That's why I recommended we do the update on SHaFT. It's our best chance at happiness teamwork-y murder.
    See, I'm sort of uncomfortable about this. We've put a lot of work into ChHa, enough that it's actually a pretty popular and well-liked server. I don't want to see it become a pubby-only place policed by a couple of mods...

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thoughts?
    Personally, I always load up ChHa first. I still see most people on ChHa at some point or another, though the trend towards SHaFT is increasing. Thoughts? The server has become popular. We can password it for regulars only, officially have a second server (rent another from the fund?), or find some way to give precedence to at least a portion of the regulars (reserved spots?). Otherwise, as long as we're popular, that server is going to stay full-ish. And the regulars will move to SHaFT to see each other if they can't mostly join. I want to see people still going to ChHa one way or another, not dividing. I'm not a fan of that, honestly.

I don't want to see it become a pubby-only place policed by a couple of mods...
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Valaqil; 2010-07-08 at 05:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

See, I'm sort of uncomfortable about this. We've put a lot of work into ChHa, enough that it's actually a pretty popular and well-liked server. I don't want to see it become a pubby-only place policed by a couple of mods...
    I just mean for the initial few hours =P And even then, it's mostly because most of us won't even make it INTO the server. We have a lot of pubbers who don't talk, but come to ChHa all the time. Same for regulars who do talk. The number on forum is lower, but still high. We MIGHT get lucky on SHaFT, but even that will fill. At least it'll be a lot of good people though =P

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

I know some servers have a single slot always open no matter what. If a pub tries to join and take it they get booted, but if a member/regular joins that slot it kicks a pub.

I don't know if this is viable or a route that we want to go down, but it's something to think about.
    Ponytar by Dirtytabs

21. - Top - End - #381

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Hat View Post
    I know some servers have a single slot always open no matter what. If a pub tries to join and take it they get booted, but if a member/regular joins that slot it kicks a pub.

I don't know if this is viable or a route that we want to go down, but it's something to think about.
    I honestly think the best solution would be to see if we can get enough funding from out pubbies to open ChHa 2. Two servers would allow us and the pubbies to play on a regular basis, and one of them could be, say, a 25 man server with a regular preference mod attached. That would allow 24 players, but defer to ChHa regulars.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

The problem, somehow, is our server has become a safe, fun, popular place to play. Thus, pubbies flood in to experience what we created for ourselves. What I don't want to happen is us locking people out because we want it all to ourselves, we'd never have a full server then, or make any new friends.

I'm not sure what we should do, but let me just mention what they did on the server I frequented before Twenty Sided, the same place Don Newman frequented. They let anyone on the server, despite being a several-game wide, exclusive, tightly knit clan, and once the server filled up, if any moderators were online and a community member wanted in, they said the following: "[So and so] wants to get on the server, if you are kicked, sweet pubbies, it's nothing personal, try again later." Then they kick a random pubbie.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    The problem, somehow, is our server has become a safe, fun, popular place to play. Thus, pubbies flood in to experience what we created for ourselves. What I don't want to happen is us locking people out because we want it all to ourselves, we'd never have a full server then, or make any new friends.

I'm not sure what we should do, but let me just mention what they did on the server I frequented before Twenty Sided, the same place Don Newman frequented. They let anyone on the server, despite being a several-game wide, exclusive, tightly knit clan, and once the server filled up, if any moderators were online and a community member wanted in, they said the following: "[So and so] wants to get on the server, if you are kicked, sweet pubbies, it's nothing personal, try again later." Then they kick a random pubbie.
    I'm always thought that was alright, having been kicked in that way more than once. I can respect that a community member earned a spot, if the admins actually care enough to kick someone random to give them a spot. You really would just need to decide who is worth including in this (probably regulars who are on the forum, friend most of the people around, and ask :P)

24. - Top - End - #384

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post

Can we do this? Something else I'd like to see is a mod or regular initiated 'rating' of a player, where a particularly cool guy who's on often is promoted to regular or preferred pubby, who won't be kicked. At the same time, there should be disliked pubby, who while isn't warranted for a kick is generally a jerk and has been voted by the regulars as one. And they would be kicked first, before random pubbies.

Let me dream of an ideal server where we have complicated plugins that allow for democratic elitism and no one is upset by it. Let me dream.
    Last edited by KBF; 2010-07-08 at 06:36 PM. Reason: why am i so bad at grammar ragh
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

25. - Top - End - #385

The reason everyone is going to shaft is because chha is full and we can't get on, or it is mostly full with no regulars on. So we definitely need more room. Shaft I don't think will ever be a non-passworded server and I don't think it should be. It's my understanding its for our 6v6's, prophunt, ammomod, bball, etc... Which I think is awesome.

So I think we should get a second server. ChHa 2.

Except, I think we should have two 16 man servers. That gives us room for more people to play and keeps it closer knit, because nobody really likes spam filled games anyway. Two 16 or 18s. We should have a primary and a secondary as usual, if the first fills up we can fill up number 2. They should both point to the other server in the intro thingy somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

26. - Top - End - #386

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    The reason everyone is going to shaft is because chha is full and we can't get on, or it is mostly full with no regulars on. So we definitely need more room. Shaft I don't think will ever be a non-passworded server and I don't think it should be. It's my understanding its for our 6v6's, prophunt, ammomod, bball, etc... Which I think is awesome.

So I think we should get a second server. ChHa 2.

Except, I think we should have two 16 man servers. That gives us room for more people to play and keeps it closer knit, because nobody really likes spam filled games anyway. Two 16 or 18s. We should have a primary and a secondary as usual, if the first fills up we can fill up number 2. They should both point to the other server in the intro thingy somewhere.
    I kinda disagree with this solution. More pubbies will just fill up this server too, eventually. It's just delaying the inevitable, and doesn't really solve the issue.

The issue being that I don't even want to go on ChHa anymore cause it's always full with people I don't care for.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

27. - Top - End - #387

For me lately the ChHa server has been filling up and being popular quite often, yet it never takes that long for me to get on the server. I just load up the server info and Auto-Try so that I get on immediately. Then I just load up another server if I feel like it.

Yet it would be nice to be able to get on 100% of the time all the time. I would be mostly okay with having a Pub-Clan member switch out system, but only if it felt like we really needed it.

Or maybe lock down say two spots on the server for Mods/Preferred Pubs so that we have a better chance of it not being full, an Admin/Mod can always get on and bring down the banhammer if necessary, and teams stay even. I don't think anyone will notice much, if at all, difference in 11v11 vs 12v12 if two admins are not always on.

28. - Top - End - #388

In response to the pubbie problem, I propose that we stick to the tried and tested method of reserved slots.

20 pubbies and four regular slots guaranteed. The pubbies will be with less spam attacks, resulting in less frustration, the usual regulars can get on when needed and the entire server stays to its 24 player format.

I think that would work, but again, no experience running a server.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    In response to the pubbie problem, I propose that we stick to the tried and tested method of reserved slots.

20 pubbies and four regular slots guaranteed. The pubbies will be with less spam attacks, resulting in less frustration, the usual regulars can get on when needed and the entire server stays to its 24 player format.

I think that would work, but again, no experience running a server.
    I kinda like this.

30. - Top - End - #390

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    The issue being that I don't even want to go on ChHa anymore cause it's always full with people I don't care for.
    I must agree. I had much more fun on shaft today than for a while on chha. Despite the fact that it was hard to tell who you were allowed to kill, they were almost all people who were my friends. And that's the reason I play this game, to be with friends, and kill have fun with them.