New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [3.5] Gestalt question

Just a quick question. If I take Fighter1/Wizard19 on side A and Sorcerer 20 on side B of the gestalt, what is my BAB? Technically, I'd be getting a +1 BAB on every odd level from side A and every even level from side B. I'm sure that's not what was intended (give up one caster level for 10 points of BAB), but it seems to be way the rules work.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Gestalt question

I made the same mistake the first time I did gestalt.

The easy way to get it right- calculate the BAB separately for each side of the gestalt. Whichever is higher, use that. So in this case the Fighter side dictates your BAB, since it's one higher at every odd level and equal at every even level. Comes out to 10 either way.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

No, you're getting +0.5 BAB every single level after 1st (where you get +1 for the fighter). That means that at 20th level, your BAB is +10.5 rounded down, or +10.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

As Aroka said.

To expand upon it, your first level is Fighter//Sorcerer, if you then take Fighter//Cleric as your next level and continue like that, your Fort save won't increase by 1 every level. You just have a good Fort save for all your levels and a good Will save for all your levels.

With Gestalt, when it comes to saves and BAB, don't think in terms of numbers. Think in terms of good or bad (or medium) and which one you have at what levels. Then calculate as if you weren't playing Gestalt.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

TL;DR: Don't Stack, Overlap.