New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AvB - Min

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Min

Min tells Torkheim to keep the crowd at a distance.

He has given the woman a fair warning and now have to knock her unconscious, he strikes her with non-lethal force.

Attempt to hold grapple: (1d20+10)[23]

Possible non-lethal damage: (1d3+4)[5]

2. - Top - End - #32

The woman goes limb in your arms. You gently place her on the road. As you look up, you see the Sergeant has joined the crowd, and that four men are advancing on you, three humans and one half-orc. They look to be sailors, well built and broad across the chests. Two are armed with clubs, one has a dagger and the half-orc has a shortsword. They fan out in front of you, stopping 25 feet away and shifting their weight from side to side, looking ready for a mean fight.

The crowd joins in a circle around you, cheering mostly for the sailors.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-07-07 at 07:36 AM.
    English is a second language etc etc.

3. - Top - End - #33

Min is feeling the pressure... This is bad, very bad! And Torkheim had seemed like such a nice fellow, was this another test?

Min decides to give the sailors a fair warning. He speaks out in a voice as deep and thunderous as he can muster
    "If any of you as much as moves towards me, I will cut off arms and legs and leave your manhood for the fish! I'm a city guard and am here to atleast try to keep you safe, but if any of you try to harm me may the gods have mercy on your souls!"

(1d20+8)[11]

Min hopes that his words will scare the already doubting sailors to back off. If they wanted him dead they would have attacked him by now, or atleast so he hoped. He places both legs firmly on each side of the passed out woman, in a protective stance. And he takes a firm grip around his axe, ready for the damned sailors.

4. - Top - End - #34

The half-orc laughs. "Get 'im, boys!"
    The half-orc and two of the humans charge towards you. One of the club-wielders stay back, though.

Spoiler
    Show

Since you might as well know initative:
    Half-Orc: (1d20)[14]
    Human with Club: (1d20+4)[18]
    Human with Dagger: (1d20+1)[6]

5. - Top - End - #35

Twice be damned! Min mumbled to himself again, how could things get this out of hand? And why oh why did Torkheim decide to stay back, and more importantly: Who was he cheering for?

"Fine! You asked for this boys!"

Min sets his eyes on the orc and decides to take down the only one with some leadership capabilities first. He cuts after the bastard with his axe

Attack 1:(1d20+11)[29]
    Attack 2: (1d20+6)[18]

Possible damage:
    Roll 1: (1d10+5)[15]
    Roll 2: (1d10+5)[13]

6. - Top - End - #36

The orc is obviously not ready for the resolve behind your attacks, and you cut a deep wound into his neck. He looks as if he is trying to regain his focus, but after a split second he drops to the ground.
    The human with the club charges straight for you, putting himself between you and the human with the dagger. He swings his club wieldly, which you gracefully step under.
    The human with the dagger moves right past you, and you see the opportunity to strike at his back, should you so wish. He seems to be going for your other side, in order to set up a flank.

7. - Top - End - #37

AOO: [roll]1d20+11/roll]
    Damage for AOO: (1d10+5)[10]

Seeing the orc drop he changes his focus to the man with the dagger that tried to get behind him. He again attacks with a ferocious resolve, determined to get out of this alive:

Attack 1:(1d20+11)[18]
    Attack 2:(1d20+6)[11]

Possible damage 1:(1d10+5)[8]
    Possible damage 2:(1d10+5)[15]

If the man drops he'll say to the one man still alive and fighting: "You still have a chance to survive, drop your dagger and surrender before you end up like your friends!"

8. - Top - End - #38

Rolling your AOO: (1d20+11)[15]

The man nimbly dodges all of your attacks, and gets behind you.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-07-07 at 08:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Fixed Attack of opportunity: (1d20+11)[22]

10. - Top - End - #40

He takes the blow, but still gets in position. None of your follow up attacks connect, though.

The club-wielder hits you as your attention is drawn to the guy behind you. He deals (1d6+4)[8] damage.

you feel the dagger connecting to your kidneys, and you are in an amazing world of hurt. (3d4)[5]+(2d6)[5] damage.

11. - Top - End - #41

Min was shocked, rarely had his Full Plate not protected him from attacks. And such pain aswell! He raised his tower shield again before releasing another flurry of cuts upon the dagger-man.

Again going for the man with the dagger:

Attack 1: (1d20+11)[14]
    Attack 2: (1d20+6)[14]

Damage 1: (1d10+5)[10]
    Damage 2: (1d10+5)[9]

12. - Top - End - #42

The man nimble dodges, and returns the favour with his dagger. It bounces harmlessly off your armor.

You feel a large thund on your back, but no real damage is done.

13. - Top - End - #43

Starting to feel mighty angry about this fight Min again lunges out against the man with the dagger.

Attack 1:(1d20+11)[31]
    Attack 2:(1d20+6)[13]

Possible damage 1:(1d10+5)[9]
    Possible damage 2:(1d10+5)[15]

14. - Top - End - #44

Oh! A crit!

Confirm roll: (1d20+11)[21]

Extra damage:
    (1d10+5)[14]
    (1d10+5)[13]

+9 from the previous post.

15. - Top - End - #45

After having witnessed his buddy having his head taken clean off his shoulder, the man with the club starts running. The other guy with the club is already long gone.

Do you pursue?

16. - Top - End - #46

I do not pursue, but I tell Torkheim to pursue. His answer is going to be interesting.

Without another word, except a grunt as he tries to walk with the wound in his side, Min runs to the Half-Orc and attempts to stop his bleeding.

(1d20)[20]

17. - Top - End - #47

Torkheim does not answer, as he beat you to the half-orc. He is already applying bandages and some sort of salve. You know your shorter Dwarven legs will never catch the ruffians.
    "Heck of a fight. Knew you could handle it. Nice move on the woman, too - she never saw that blow coming!"

18. - Top - End - #48

"Well, it wouldve been easier if you had decided to help, but I guess not as fun a story to tell back at the barracks. Told you I knew how to fight. Too bad about the guy with the dagger back there."

Min gets back on his feet and turns to the crowd. He gives his axe a toss to wipe away most of the blood then shouts: "Everyone get back to your own law abiding business! Remember that if you decide to start trouble again Min Rockhand and the city guard will be here to clean up your mess!"

He then picks up the woman, lifts her onto his shoulder and turns to Torkheim again: "So, how about we get back to the garrison and give reports about what happened, then we track down the murderers of this woman's son?"

19. - Top - End - #49

"We can call it a test, if you want. I dinnae wanted to get my hands dirty, when you told me you could handle yourself.
    The woman.. Meh, I don't want to bother. She'd probably just be mad and accuse us of abducting her. Abduction and spreading body parts sound like skulks, so the investigation would probably lead to a dead end. I'm not saying we shouldn't, but no reason to take it at the garrison."

Torkhem points at one of the bystanders. "You there, get us a bucket o' water, and be quick about it!"
    A few seconds later, Torkhem splashes the bucket of water all over the woman's upper body. She seems groggy and confused, and stays down. "Your lead."

The crowd thins out, and soon it is just the three of you, the half-orc and the headless guy.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-07-07 at 02:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

"Fair enough, but there is no reason I can't investigate this on my private time no?" Min flashes a smile. "Now let's get this orc to the prison, we should show this part of town that fighting like this ain't acceptable. And as a bonus, I have something to show from my first patrol, eh?"

Min tries his best not to limp as they walk but it's not easy and a grunt is heard now and then. Unless Torkheim disagrees Min will take the half-orc to the city prison, deliver a report on the incident and get back on patrol until his shift is done.

21. - Top - End - #51

Tockheim gestures for you to wait, and after a few minutes,four young guardsmen show up at the scene. Two of them takes the half-orc and head back towards the inner city, and the two others deal with the beheaded corpse.

"I thought ye wanted to ask the nice lady a few questions?"

22. - Top - End - #52

"True that is, let's hope I get something else than fists for answers this time." Min stands infront of the groggy woman and asks her the same line of questions he did earlier: "Hello again sweet lady. Care to answer my questions now? Tell me what you can about this adbuction and I'll do my best to let justice happen to the responsible parties."

23. - Top - End - #53

She slowly sits up, turn her head towards you, then covers her face with her hands and sinks together. She starts hulking. "I'm.. So sorry.. I don't know what came over me.. My boy Jacob.. He was taken last night, from his bed.. He was only eight.. My husband found him this morning.. Or what's.. Left of him.. I can't believe my little boy is gone.."

24. - Top - End - #54

"I'm sorry too lady, but right now you have to take me your husband so he can tell me what he knows aswell."

25. - Top - End - #55

"Mark's been away all day.. Probably getting drunk again.. Who can blame him?.. I don't think he knows anything, he just.. Found Jacob's.. Remains in the alley behind our house.."

26. - Top - End - #56

Min looks at Torkheim and says: "Well, I don't think we can get much more out of her than that... And here I was hoping she'd know something about gangs usually lurking about her neighbourhood besides the skulks." Min does his best to help the woman to her feet; "Why don't you go join your husband, you two would do good to yourselves being together today. Just show me and my partner the way to your house and we'll take it from here."

27. - Top - End - #57

"Old Hall street, the house with the blue shudders.."
    She slowly gets up, and stumbles the opposite direction of where you are going.
    One of the young guardsmen call you and Torkheim over. He points to the headless guy's wrist. You can make out a branded symbol of a jack.
    Torkheim turns to you. "What do you make of this, kid.. Erh, master Dwarf?"
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-07-07 at 04:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Thanking the woman one last time Min grunts and turns to Torkheim: "Yeah, I'm probably as old as you if not older Torkheim. I just ain't as grey yet!" Min flashes another friendly smile. "As for this brand, I'd say he either has a thing for jacks, or he's part of that big time crime organization that's into all sorts of bad stuff. Let's just hope I havn't made an enemy of them for taking the head off of one of their boys. Now, if it was up to me I'd take advantage off all these newcomers in town and post a bounty for anyone who's had this brand for more than a year or so, but that we can arrange later." Standing back up and getting ready to make off for Old Hall street, something strikes Min. "Wait a second, does he have any personal affects on him besides the dagger?"

29. - Top - End - #59

"Is he a member then, or not? I've never seen the Jacks brand themselves."

The young guardsmen searches the corpse's pockets. He finds a pouch with 10 gold and nothing else. He bags the gold.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-07-07 at 04:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

"Hmph, so nothing else to identify him but a few gold coins... And if you havn't seen them branded before then Im not sure what it means either. Perhaps he's a fan? Someone wanting to join in? Ruffians get all sorts of bad ideas, branding yourself with the mark of a large organization that you're not part of and might be criminal seems like one of the worst ones I've heard of yet. From what I know, Im going to assume he's a low standing member with no more than stringy ties to the Jacks. You think this is something worth following up before we head after the boys killers?"
    Last edited by Mathis; 2010-07-07 at 04:32 PM.