New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AvB - Min

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Min

"Honestly, I think the brand is just to throw us off our track, should we ever capture him. The leaders of the Jacks are an intelligent bunch, I'll have to give them that - they'd never brand their own members."

Nothing of real interest happens on the way to Old Hall Street. You encounter several new races of creatures - though only demihumans and humanoids. At one point, you think you spot one of the men from earlier, but it turns out not to be him.

As you reach Old Hall Street, you find the house with the blue shudders, and the alley behind it. It is 10 feet wide and runs parallel to Old Hall Street. It smells of dirt, trash and a bit of sewage.
    A few seconds of searching will reveal blood, though not of a lot of it. Though you are no doctor, you would have expected more blood, should this have been where he died.
    Torkheim keeps quiet as always.
    English is a second language etc etc.

2. - Top - End - #62

"Harrumph, way to put the rookie in place, huh? Say, there's too little blood here for this to be the murderscene don't you think?"

Min begins looking for a manhole, an entrance to the sewers. He also tries to see if there are windows from buildings who have an overview over this spot from where someone might have seen something. He gives the scene one more once over in hopes of finding some sort of clue.

Search: (1d20+1)[20]

3. - Top - End - #63

You do indeed find a manhole beneath some trash, in the corner of the alley. The surrounding buildings are only one story, and therefore no one would be able to see inside the alley.

You find no further clues.

4. - Top - End - #64

I'm sorry about the lack of posts the last few days, but the weather is just too damn good to waste.

Min stops and stares at the manhole for a second, lets out a sigh and turns to Torkheim. "So... Unless you want to get down and dirty in this thing I suggest we go talk to the father of the kid. Perhaps he has enemies of some sort. I mean, why did the murderers bother to go back here to leave the arm to let the family know of the death? Seems to me it'l be a waste of good clothes to hop down into the sewers before talking to him atleast. At worst I'll jump into the manhole to see what's down there and at best we wont have to. Seems like an easy choice."

If Torkheim agrees, they'll head to the tavern and have a chat with the husband. If not Min will jump into the manhole without hesitation.

5. - Top - End - #65

"It's your call, guardsman Min. I'm just along for the ride. In my humble opinion, I doubt these folks-" he gestures to the house "- would have anything worth making enemies over. Personal disbutes don't touch children 'round these parts, it's an unwritten law."

6. - Top - End - #66

"Humph, so just a random killing then. Well, I don't mind the sewers... Aslong as it doesn't turn out to be a wild goose chase..."

Min climbs down the manhole, looking both ways down there to see if anything gives him a hint at which direction to move in.

7. - Top - End - #67

Torkheim climbs in after you. Only the immediate area under the manhole is visible - everything else is pit.. Oh wait. Darkvision. Right.
    It is a sewer. It stinks. The pipes have been built just large enough for a medium built human to walk through - Torkheim can barely get by without ducking his head. You do not have that issue, however.
    Almost seems like you were born for this sort of thing.

"It's bloody dark down here! Can't see me own hands!"

The sewage is floating westward.

8. - Top - End - #68

"Ah, I always forget your human eyes are worth squat down in the dark. Well, the sewage down here floats westwward. You can come with me and hold my hand," Min flashes a grin in the dark. "Or you can go westward on street level and meet up with me at every other manhole. Your choice. I'm guessing you're not too keen on buying a torch. In any case, I'll take a walk downwards here and see what I can...dig up."

9. - Top - End - #69

"I dunno, you think you can fly solo on this one? I have other things I can do, and I dinnae think I will be to much help down here. It's not that I want to leave you, I.. Am just pretty worthless down here. I'll finish the patrol and head back to the garrison, if you don't mind."

10. - Top - End - #70

"Sure, I'll try. If I don't come back it's been a pleasure knowing you Torkheim!" Min waves Torkheim goodbye and takes off westward. He will stop at every new turn and peek around with a spot check to make sure he doesn't stumble onto something nasty. A look across his shoulder now and then won't hurt either.

11. - Top - End - #71

Spoiler
    Show
    planswalker is sitting on the sewer maps, I'll have to get a hold of him before I can continue. Is that okay?

12. - Top - End - #72

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah thats perfectly fine.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    planswalker is sitting on the sewer maps, I'll have to get a hold of him before I can continue. Is that okay?
    Spoiler
    Show
    what maps? All I envisioned is that the sewer system runs underneath the major streets. that's all the "map" I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

A terrible explosion suddenly rocks the entire city, and the ground shakes as if an earthquake were tearing the city apart. The sky lights up from a blast many times the brightness of the sun, and you are certain that certain death has at last come to claim you. As the brightness fades, you look toward the Mages' Quarter and see the last remnants of the horror burning directly towards the sky in a seemingly endless stream of raw, burning mana which threatens to tear reality asunder. What seems like an eternity passes as you stare, though it is likely only a few seconds, and at last the blast fades away. In the distance, you hear a building collapse, and you are certain that something horrible has been unleashed upon the city.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler
    Show
    So, Im guessing the maps of the sewers are largely inaccurate after the blast now anyway? So how about you hit me up with a description of the effects of the blast on the underwater system that I'm in, and I can begin to react to the event?

16. - Top - End - #76

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, sorry for inactiveness. I totally forgot about the plans.
    Also, Reflex check, please.

The flow of the disguisting, smelling water suddenly shifts, heading toward the inner city rather than out.

A few tiles and pieces of rock fall around you. It does not seem to be in any danger of collapsing.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-08-06 at 05:17 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Reflex save: (1d20+4)[18]

I'll await success or failure before writing up actions, and I noticed you'd be at Roskilde until the 4th anyway so no worries about forgetting stuff. I was originally going there myself but couldn't get time off from work.

18. - Top - End - #78

You nimbly dodge past the falling rocks.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-08-07 at 01:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Min releases a victorious "AHA!" after having dodged the rocks, but then stands there in the middle of the sewage unsure of where to go, and what to do. The sewage has shifted, hopefully that meant that the denizens of this part of the sewage would turn around aswell.

So he decided to walk on until he could find the murderers of the little kid, then he could go back and investigate what in Moradin's beard had caused such a quake.

20. - Top - End - #80

You advance down the sewer line. The afterquakes do not tally long, and soon the pipe is silent again. This gives you a time to refocus, and listen to the area surrounding you.
    You reach a junction where four pipelines meet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check, please.

21. - Top - End - #81

Listen check: (1d20)[19]

22. - Top - End - #82

You hear what sound like a conversation in squeeks down the pipe to the left.

Should you choose to look down the pipe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't see a damn thing except debris. Whoever is squeeking is probably out of range of your vision.

23. - Top - End - #83

Min takes a deep breath, exhales calmly and starts walking towards the squeeking. "Ho, there ahead!" he says when he's closer. He keeps his back close to the wall, to avoid getting stabbed in the back by some lowly bastard rat of a murderer. His shield is raised and his axe is drawn.

24. - Top - End - #84

As you advance down a few steps, the squeekings stop. You call out, and raise your weapons.
    An answer is called out: "Squee eie eeaee reeee eeie!""

You obviously do not understand the language. The squeeking sounds firm and intimidating, in a way.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-08-09 at 04:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Not really finding the unintelligent squealing intimidating, the situation could easily turn ugly. Min answers in his deepest, most dwarven voice he can muster: "Ahh! SQUEE RIGHT BACK AT YOU!"

He continues to close in, trying to see the little squeelers.

26. - Top - End - #86

Roll Spot and Listen.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-08-09 at 05:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

Spot: (1d20)[19]
    Listen: (1d20)[13]

28. - Top - End - #88

You see what appears to be a humanoid rodent creature. It has a rat or mouse-like snout, patches of brown fur and a paranoid look in its dull eyes.
    It's looking right at you, with a shortsword tightly grasped in its claw-like hand. It is wearing what appears to be a rather simple leather armor.
    "Squaaaa!"

29. - Top - End - #89

"Hmm, let's see if you have any friends." Min takes a step closer, shaking his hands and axe as if he's about to attack, shouting to scare the thing to run away. Attacking this scared thing just didn't sit right with him.

Intimidate: (1d20+8)[10]

30. - Top - End - #90

The thing seems unmoved, if a little more paranoid. It lifts its sword.

"SKARR!"

Roll initative.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-08-09 at 05:39 PM.