New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

Elthan

Staggering out from the back of the room, Elthan trys to walks towards the hallway. The specters touch left him feeling light-headed, cold, and weak.

"I don't think they caused the explosion. I was in the room and it seemed to come from outside in the hallway, but I don't feel up to remembering load noises and clouds of dust right now. Do any of you know a good counter for the affects of life draining?"

Elthan wearily falls onto a wall for support. Fighting incorporeal undead is not an experiance I want to repeat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

2. - Top - End - #272

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Feh. In the names of the Gods and the dragons, get out of the effing way!

"Grah!" shouts a high-pitched voice from the back of the mess.
    "Out of the way, you!" continues the voice.

Achkby forces his way past the newcomers, flailing aphazardly with the handle of his spear.
    Crack! Smack!
    It finally connects, and he erupts out of the jumble and into the room.

Trying to take in the effects of the melee at a glance and utterly failing, he instead round on the onlookers in thew doorway.
    "Who the Hell are you?" he snarls at the unfamiliar faces in his best Lumpy.
    "What do you think you're doin', eh? Back to yer rooms!" he commands, sliding towards the darker accent of Thokk.
    "Flee! Scram!" he continues, reverting to the more rural cries of his home village. He waves the handle of his spear about yet more menacingly, taking a few step towards the mass at the door.

Fools! And don't they even try to say they helped! One of them did a little something, but if the lot had just kept out of the way, the rest of us would have cleaned up this business in a moment! Goddamned meddlers!
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fizahn:

"Oh sure. I could have opened the window if they made anything the right size in this giant place!" Fizahn spends some more time in gnomish griping about the size of various objects before he turns his attention to the guests.

"Don't mind the schizophrenic halfling. Who are all of you and what business do you have here? I'm willing to bet the explosion was caused by that incompetent green person. He doesn't look very trustworthy." Fizahn walks over to the green haired priest and slaps his back. "I'm just kidding. Would you mind introducing yourself and explaining what beef you have with Lumpy?"

OOC: PM sent your way Dr. Bob.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-09-09 at 06:06 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground

standing up and finally managing to pull his trident out of the floor he says My name? My name is Silithos, and I am a priest of the Queen of The Depths who has sent me on a misson to spread the word of her power and to use that power on those that would defy her. I have traveled for quite a while, I have come all the way from the sword coast and have spread her word wherever I go. I had stopped here for the night when I was awakened by an explosion and would just like to know what in the name of the Bitch queen is going on! with that he looks inquisitivly at the gnome as if expecting an answer.
    Jayne: I wish I could say the same but Lawrence I am dissapointed as hell.

Video did not kill the raidio star I DID!!!

who you gonna call?....

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

What was I thinking, staying at an inn? Oh, right, Gladi wanted it. Poor thing. If she heard the explosion, she must be scared to death. I'd better go check on her as soon as I can.

"I'm called Delphinia. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I don't deal with undead much. Excuse me, though. I was sleeping still when the explosion happened and I should get dressed."
    She has the grace to look a little embarrassed as she ducks out of the hallway and back into her room. She starts getting dressed, then gathering her gear.

6. - Top - End - #276

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Glancing at the man leaning against the wall (Elthan), Nyssa adds, "You'll need a days rest, or the help of a priest, to feel like yourself again."

She's suddenly struck by how tall she seems in this room, compared to many of its occupants, and tries to take care when moving across it.

Nyssa smiles at the irate halfling, unphased by his verbal and physical assault. "You're quite right, I'm being terribly rude. I just wanted to check on the gentleman on the bed. If he's been struck down by these creatures, there may be some cause for concern. Though I suppose the light renders that moot. Anyhow, my name is Nyssa, and that bundle of cranky over there is my brother Nolan."

7. - Top - End - #277

Nolan

Gee, thaaaaanks Nyssa.

Nolan purses his lips and nods awkwardly to the odd assortment of guests.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy clears his throat with a cough, spitting on the floor carelessly. The short-statured orc seems a little shakenfrom his brush with undeath, but stubbornly determined not to show it as he crosses a room to inspect the berzerker,

"Weren't entirely here fer us, I figure. Related, but not really my fault. It's all hopelessly complicated, and considerably unhealthy."

He straightens himself out, looping his flail through his belt as he turns to face the crowd gathering in the room, singling out the priest with his gaze in particular.

"This is the only time I'll say this nice-like. Yer all much better off pretending this never happened and going about yer business as usual. Ain't none'a yer concern."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Lissa puts the safety onto her crossbow with a click, then slings it over her shoulder by the attached strap. She looks over at Achkby with mild disapproval. "Be civil, Achkby. They were just trying to help. Weren't you." This last is addressed to the newcomers as a whole, with a raised eyebrow. Although Lissa may not be as overtly hostile as some of her comrades, she's clearly not ready to welcome strangers with open arms either. She makes her way over to the Rashemi's body, examining his clothes and body for anything unusual (or valuable).

As Lumpy speaks, Lissa looks up and nods in agreement, her expression sober. "He's right. You really don't want to get mixed up with the person behind this... we've already lost friends to him. He knows us, but he doesn't know you. Get out while you still can."
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

10. - Top - End - #280

Silithos priest of Umberlee

turing to Lumpy the green haired man says well I don't care how "nice like" you say it, im not leaving untill I get an answer to my very simple and highly justified question. with that he frowns and crosses his arms

who you gonna call?....

11. - Top - End - #281

OOC: Just FYI, the OOC thread is open. Feel free to stop by The Naughty Nun for a drink. Take a moment to introduce yourself OOC as well, OK?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy snorts belligerantly in response to Silithos,

"Look, boy. The pissed off human with an entitlement complex thing? I've seen it all my life, and it ain't gonna make me much inclined ta share any'a my personal business."

The burly orc crosses the room deliberately, picking his way over to stare the priest in the eye, nonplussed by the half-foot height difference,

"I'm quite sure ya got all kinds of preconceptions about orcbloods like me, and I'm sure plenty'a them are right. With all those floating in yer little head, ya should understand full well that most don't put up with anyone looking down their noses on them." The snarl on Lumpy's scar-crossed face fades slightly as he shifts the subject, "I'm sure yer real slighted over getting woke up by a ruckus, but this is common inn, and ruckuses happen all the time. Don't give ya no right ta come barging in and getting uppity. So I suggest those'a ya who can't be civil vacate our paid room, before I choose ta vacate ya myself, ."

13. - Top - End - #283

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Deciding her best bet is to address Lissa directly, Nyssa continues. "What 'person behind this' are you speaking of? I tend to concern myself anywhere the dead do not rest."

She then looks to the orc, "I think you'll find I don't look down on anyone, unlike some. I'm happy to vacate if you prefer, but perhaps I could be of some help if I have a little more information?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

Callos

With the end of the chaos left in the spectre's wake the necromancer could only clear his throat while observing Lumpy and the green haired priest. More of his attention was focused on the two other humans who had entered the room and the other female halfling.

"To answer the question of how the explosion came to be...I...uh...apologize. I had intended for it to be a trap for our undead friends and ahem...forgot to include everyone except Thokk, Lumpy, and myself in the people allowed to pass it. Er...Sorry?"

At the still growing tension however he not so subtley takes up a position behind the trident wielding antagonist with his spellbook not so subtley open in front of him.

"And I will also say 'nice like', this is a very complicated mess. Unless you also want to be tracked down and maybe killed, possessed, driven mad, go to the Hells, be frozen, pelted with magical bolts, struck blind, or bashed in the head a blunt object until you stop twitching then they have it right. Don't get involved, however if none of the above bother you by all means stick around and I'll be happy to fill in what I know. However you can and will show manners to Lumpy and Lissa. They have more then deserved anyones respect even if they DON'T know it."

I hate to be this blunt, espicially this late at night, but they have a point. If they can't take the heat then better to not even put them in the frying pan.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih

Sticking the axe and dagger back in their respective places on his person, Hajih smiles before saying

"Now Lumpy, these people, while not invited to do so, gave ya a bit of a hand in here. Well, except you" He points to Silithos "But regardless, I'm Hajih, your guide to caves, tunnels and all manner of underground vistas...at least I would be if I weren't currently employed"
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Lissa blinks and cranes her neck, staring up at Callos. "Can't anyone in this group be polite... wow, I do?" Now THAT'S a new one. If anything, I consider myself indebted to the rest of the group. She turns her attention back to the newcomers, absently twirling her long blonde braid around one finger. "Don't think anyone's been frozen yet, unless you count the magical sleet storm, and I don't think anyone's been sent to the Hells... but everything else on his list has happened to one or more of us. Oh! Hey Callos, you forgot to include 'poisoned', 'starved', 'lost in the Underdark', and now 'energy drained'! Gods, I hope there's a temple in town capable of curing that." The gnome gives Lumpy and the half-elven mage concerned looks, then remembers what she was doing.

"Um. Anyway, you- Nyssa?- got it right with undead. There's an ancient necromancer's spirit behind all this." She scowls. "Son of a dretch and a kobold... he's been hopping around possessing people for years and years. And now he's got his hooks into a girl who was part of our group until recently. That would be bad enough, but it turned out that she's the heir to a noble family." Lissa sighs, running a hand over her face. "So not only does he have a body, he's got loads of gold and people under his command. It's a bad, bad situation." She glances at the Rashemi's corpse. "The Rashemi got wind of it somehow, sent one of their masked witches and a bunch of burly guards to investigate. The witch's head got sent back here in a sack along with one insane guard. Who is now lying there dead."

Okay, I've given them the gist without mentioning names. If they do the smart thing and book it, or if one of them is untrustworthy, they won't have too many details.

17. - Top - End - #287

Nolan

Necromancer's spirit? Nolan quickly moves forward. This could be the lead he and his sister have been searching for at last!

"Tell us how to find this necromancer! Tell us Everything you know!" He demands of Lissa.

"Nolan, you really need to work on your inter-personal skills." Nyssa had said just the day before when he tried to book their room and ended up in an argument with the innkeep. Well his request to the halfling was to the point wasn't it? How much more polite could you get than not wasting another's time? He was sure Nyssa would be pleased with his progress in diplomacy.

18. - Top - End - #288

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

Oh goodness.

"Nolan! Did they send you away to a monestary to be raised, or a circus?"

"We're... our... I don't even know where to start. Suffice it to say, we're interested in learning more about your necromancer. Nolan's right, he could be linked to what happened to our family. Even if he's not, it's important to us. Our family has been helping lay the dead to rest for generations, and we're not about to stop now."

She pauses for a minute, and then looks directly at Lissa. "And, I want to say right now that I'm very sorry about your friend's possession, and all the hardships you and your companions have been through. That can't have been easy, any of it." Nyssa's face is kind and open, and she means every word that she says.

19. - Top - End - #289

after Lumpy makes his comment Silithos mutters under his breath but loud enough to be heard I'd like to see you try. Then he tuns to the necromancer grinning one of his shark toothed grins. Hell Ive been in many of those situstions before, plus Ive drowned and almost been eaten by a kraken at the same time, I assure you I can handle myself.

who you gonna call?....

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia reappeared in the back of the group, now outfitted in an obviously high-quality suit of chainmail with leaf-motif edging and carrying a silvery bow with finely carved leaf-motif scrollwork. Slung across her back was a small pack and a quiver of arrrows and belted at her waist was the sword she weilded previously.
    "I don't know much about undead, which I guess you figured already. But if there's one thing I do know about, it's hunting things down and making them pay for what they've done. Since I'm not currently doing that, I offer my bow, which I swear is better than my sword, to help. If you kids'll have it, that is." By the look of things, they can handle themselves, but if they're stupid enough to turn down help offered freely, maybe I don't want to travel with them after all. Still, it's been too long since I had company, especially small company.

21. - Top - End - #291

There is a ragged gasp from the bed, startling everyone.

Turning around, you see that the Rashemi berserker hasn't quite succumbed to his wounds. Life has almost been completely drained from his body, but this seems to have paradoxically calmed his mind, and he speaks clearly for the first time since he stumbled into the inn last night.

"I'm not dead yet ..." he whispers, with his foreign accent.

"The spectres ... will be back ... you have been marked now ..."

He turns his head weakly as he watches Silithos and Lumpy confronting each other.

"No time to fight ... the necromancer has forged an alliance with an emissary of the Baneson. Together they will raise an army of demons and undead that will ... purge the East of life ... from the Icerim Mountains to the Alamber Sea ..."

He rises up on one elbow, his eyes burning brightly.

"The Huhrong ... the Iron Lord ... must be warned. The Northern Armies must have time to prepare."

The berserker falls back into his bed. Eyes closed, breathing shallowly.

22. - Top - End - #292

Fizahn:

"Good. If you can protect yourself, we don't need to look after you." Fizahn addresses Silithos in an offhand annoyed manner. "I think it's become very apparent that we have to get out of here and soon. I wouldn't mind if any of you came along. Although if you would rather kill other members of the group, I'm sure Lumpy could deal with you." Fizahn exits the room to retrieve his pack and settle his bill.

OOC: How much do I owe the innkeeper?
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 06:07 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

23. - Top - End - #293

Nolan

"And you say I'm cranky?" Nolan whispers to Nyssa, eyeing the tempermental group. He turns to head to their room in order to finish dressing and gather their belongings.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia exits the corridor, then the building, headed for the stable. Once there, she takes the time to calm her mount and saddle her up.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Lissa chokes off a gasp at the sight of the still-living Rashemi. Swearing in Gnomish, she hurries over and starts casting another spell. As Lissa touches the wounded berserker on the shoulder, a wave of faint white light spreads from her hand over his body.

OOC: Burn bless for a CLW.
    CLW = 5 hp healed

26. - Top - End - #296

GreataxeFighterGirl

Nyssa

"That's not the only thing that ails him, of course. The physical energy those creatures drew off him... off of several of you... will take some time to return if you don't see a priest. But it will return."

"Anyhow, I'll go pack up my belongings. I see my brother's already started. We would like to travel with you a ways, if it were possible. This sounds like it could be linked to our past, and even if it isn't, it's a noble cause."

Nyssa returns to her room, and begins to pack up her few belongings. She shuts their door, to give the original group a few minutes alone, then meets them downstairs or outside if there are no objections.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

Callos

Still eyeing the green haired man with the trident warily the necromancer goes over to see to Darius. After all that had been his spell that had probably knocked him unconsious. Once he finishes the older man will grab the rest of his belongings and head down towards the common room.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih

Hajih follows Callos with the intent of helping Darius.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

29. - Top - End - #299

Silithos saysHmm Ill come as well this sounds interesting plus you could use the favor of the Bitch queen on the group. With that he follows the the halfling to the stables saddling up his own horse before trotting to the front of the Inn ready to depart

who you gonna call?....

30. - Top - End - #300

Fizahn:

Fizahn reenters the room with his pack. He watches Silithos leave with mild disgust. As soon as he is sure Silithos is out of the room, he begins talking. "He seems like a real nice character. Did he ever give us his name?" Fizahn turns to Lumpy and shrugs his shoulders. "I tried to make him feel he wasn't wanted. I don't trust him and he shouldn't trust me. The rest of them seem fine though. Nolan's a real persuasive gnome-oid he is." Fizahn says through a chuckle.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 06:08 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.