New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

Nyssa

Seeing that the stunned man is in no danger, Nyssa moves as quickly as she can to the still forms. If they're not beyond saving, she'll administer a potion of cure light wounds to the worst off. If both are beyond help, she'll make a quick gesture from each of their foreheads to hers as she checks on them, her eyes closing quickly and her head slightly bowed. She'll then turn to help the gasping form.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy's arguments on the value of the words were made clear throughout the remainder of the day - that words were only as useful as the integrity of those who spoke them. He seemed more than content to elongate the argument as the days passed, seeming to find some degree of familiarity in conflict.

-----

The burly orc picks his way across the bridge, paying no mind to the shellshocked man - he'd seen plenty - or the talking dragon - which wasn't of terribly high priority. Some vague hints of familiarity cross his eyes at the sight of the elf, but he pushes it aside for the moment.

Seeing the human girl, quicker on foot, going to check over the fallen, the half-blood goes to the elfess, "Yeah, yeah, we're helping." He extends one brawny arm towards each, the first offered to the elf in support, and the second to relieve her of the burden of her companion, lifting them both to carry them away from the battlefield.

3. - Top - End - #363

Fizahn:

Fizahn rushes across the bridge and follows the hydra's footprints for a while to make sure it truly has fled, 'short sword' at the ready.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Cursing under her breath in Gnomish, Lissa pulls a slender white wand out of her haversack and urges her dog forward at a run. Her blonde braid whips behind her in the icy wind. "Hang on, we might be able to help! Are those two dead or wounded?"

It could be a trap... Oh, get real! We saw that Bane-cursed huge ice hydra! Whoever they are, they got unlucky and need help... Still doesn't mean they're not bandits or Sethra's minions... Heal first, interrogate later.

OOC: Lissa will cast her day's quota of CLW on whoever looks alive and worst off, then start in with the wand.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

Callos

At the plea for help Callos froze, instinct battling with actual knowledge. He wanted to help but he knew nothing about medicine. The necromancer might end up doing more harm then good.

What he could do was go and see how badly hurt the other one was. Rushing as fast as his legs would carry him the human ran to the stirring form and knelt down by his/her/it's side.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #366
    Halfling in the Playground

Nolan

After snapping out of the shock of seeing the hydra, Nolan hurries forward to help Lumpy with the limp stranger. "Let me give you a hand, Lumpy," he says quietly.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy shrugs almost indifferently at Ludo's offer. Though more than capable than handling both alone, he lets the monk take care over the elf's companion. Meanwhile, he takes the opportunity to study the elf further, faintly amused recognition slipping full across his visage, murmuring softly,

"Well now, ain't that a trip. Can't say I expected our winds ta cross paths again, but here we are."

8. - Top - End - #368

Nolan

"You know these people?" Nolan asks, gently hefting the weight of the fallen companion.

9. - Top - End - #369

Replacing his bow on his back Silithos rushes twards one of the motionless humanoids, a stone cold look of determination on his face.

After checking for signs of life he places bolth of his hands on the hunmanoid's face so that his hands cover it's face. He then closes his eyes and looks up twards the sky as a gust of wind whipps his green hair and clothing about like a tattered flag.

As the wind continues to blow about him he chants loudly in a booming voice "may the soothing water of the depths heal your wounds"! With that glowing blue water gushes out of Silithos' hands drenching the wounded man

Seconds later the water has evaporated and the human lies dry on the ground less wounded then it was before.

(( casts CMW on one of the motionless figures
    2d8 +4 = 6+3+4=13
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=536195))
    Jayne: I wish I could say the same but Lawrence I am dissapointed as hell.

Video did not kill the raidio star I DID!!!

who you gonna call?....

10. - Top - End - #370

Aeroz

What in the...

"Lumpy, where do you know these people from?" Aeroz asks as he goes to inspect those who are injured.

His eyes then move to the elfs. A familiar sight...no, a sight that he has not seen since his first encounter with Sheyra.

"YOU!" Aeroz exclaims in rage. "Well, well well. I would have preferred to kill you myself, considering what your actions have done to Sedryn. Remember him? The nice human from that boat? You sent him into the underdark, stealing that dagger. You killed him!""
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ah, long time no see. Care to taste my sword, BETRAYER?"

12. - Top - End - #372

Silithos, Pirate/Priest of Umberlee

noticing the comotion over by the elf Silithos walks over and asks no one in particular "who's this? old friend of yours?"

He then grins one of his trademark shark-tooth grins and walks to the front of the elf woman to get a better look at her.

who you gonna call?....

13. - Top - End - #373

Fizahn:

Fizahn walks back over to the commotion around the elf. "Um... What? Thokk, do you know these people from somewhere? I'm pretty sure I've never seen them before." Fizahn examines the elf carefully, wondering where Thokk saw her that he missed. Betrayer? I don't suppose we can trust her then. Did she do something to Thokk before we even met? Aeroz doesn't seem to trust her either, but Sedryn's death was obviously caused by Sethra possessing Lissa.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 06:18 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia stays mounted, and urges her dog forward up to where Fizahn is investigating the hydra tracks. There are plenty of folks tending to the wounded, and she is no healer. When the shouting starts, the dog turns to towards the sound, so she dismounts and takes her reins. I don't know a damn thing about these kids' problems, but a hydra, that's interesting. She starts walking the tracks, but moves slowly and takes care to not get so far away from the group that she cannot hear and see any of them. Even a wounded hydra is no laughing matter.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fizahn, on foot, and Delphinia, still riding her dog, dash off to track the hydra. Its prints lead off towards a nearby copse of trees. Disconcertingly, the blue-black ichor spilled on the ground becomes progressively less and less noticable, until as they near the woods, there is no sign that the hydra is significantly injured.

They stand at the edge of the trees, looking at each other for a moment. Nodding in agreement, they wordlessly jog back to the bridge to check on the others.

[hr]
    Lissa falls to her knees beside one of the bodies. She is a human, heavily armored (which is all that kept her from being snapped in half by the hydra's jaws). Her blond hair spills out from beneath her helmet, framing a delicate face that might be beautiful if not for its waxy pallor. Lissa immediately begins to tend to her wounds, and the color quickly returns to her cheeks. As Lissa's hands check the woman's body for additional wounds, she notices something strange ...

[hr]
    Nyssa and Callos help up another woman. Her lips are blue and her eyelashes and hair are covered in frost, but she shakes off their help and points to the third body. Looking over, they see a motionless body, large-framed, with ... a tail?

[hr]
    Lumpy and Nolan help the elf carry her companion to the other side of the bridge. She sinks down to one knee and allows Silithos to attend to her friend.

It takes her a moment to place Lumpy, but then she nods. "So you made it out too ... well done."

She seems to flinch when Aeroz and Thokk challenge her, but when she rises and spins around, she has her bow in her hand, two arrows nocked simultaneously, her lips moving as she whispers to her weapon.

She does not seemed surprised to see the elf. "Aeroz! It is good to see you again ... I think. Is this how old friends greet each other in the East now?"

Her eyes flick from Aeroz to Thokk. "And I see that you have a manservant now."

[hr]
    It takes Silithos only a moment to realize that his patient is beyond saving. As he leans in close, however, he is stunned to see ice white hair and ebony skin. "Drow!" he gasps, involuntarily ...

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Human Female

((OOC: The human is tall and muscular, with black hair cut just above her shoulders, tied back into a ponytail. She has a scar running across her left cheek and the bridge of her nose.))

The human allows herself to be helped up by the two other humans. ((OOC: Nyssa and Callos--she doesn't recognize them.)) She is chilled to the bone, covered with ice, and seems almost stunned, staring off at the ground. She shakes off the attention the man and the woman give her, though, and points them toward another body lying motionless on the ground.

When they go to investigate, she walks over to her shortsword on the ground, and picks it up, sliding it weakly into the scabbard. Then she runs over to the armored blond-haired woman on the ground, asking the gnome beside her, "Is there anything I can do to help?" The expression on her face is worried, almost panicked.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

17. - Top - End - #377

Damn. I apologize for missing 4 pages. Exams, and preparing to depart.

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

We fight! thinks Achkby to the dragon as hard as he can. By Tiamat, we fight!!

Achkby hurries down the hill with the others, but with no target in sight, resigns himself to futiley whirling his sling about his head.
    Despite his best sprinting, Achkby's short legs keep him from gaining ground on his allies, and he reaches the head of mist with the rest of them. As most of the troop spreads out, searching for enemies, he continues forward beyond the edge of the mist, seeking to follow the drake that called to them.

Where now? Where now?! he thinks as loud as he can.
    "Where now?!!" he hisses into the cloud. Ignoring the others, he frantically searches for the little dragon that called them.
    After a moment, he regains some sense and stuffs his sling back in his belt, puliing, instead, the spear from his back.
    He hunts about in and out of the mist, only dimly aware of the shouts from the others.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

18. - Top - End - #378

as he realizes the person he was about to help was a dark elf he mutters under his breath "Well this is strange" then standing and turning to the elf he says louder "Yes very strange that an elf would travel freely with a drow"

drawing his cutlass from it's sheith Silithos says "Now elf I belive you have some explaining to do. what exactly makes you so keen on traveling with one of your race's sworn enimies? Now I suggest you speak quickly because no one else here seems too happy to see you either"

As Silithos speaks the last sentance he points his cutlass at the elf his green hair blowing gently in the frigid breeze.

who you gonna call?....

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

Callos, the Confused

A tail? No way...its probaly only a conciden....drow? What are the chances of a drow and something with a tail travelling together? Unless... His opal eyes widened in alarm and potenial worry as he began to rush across the ice brdige as quickly as possible towards the tailed figure. A twist of his head and he called back to Lissa, tone full of anxiety and urgency.

"Gnome! Get your arse over here double stat and bring divine healing!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

20. - Top - End - #380

Fizahn:

Fizahn looks angrily at Silithos. He walks up to him angrily and starts berating him. "You should just be quiet. You're traveling with us due to our permission. You leave all the interrogation to us. Not all drow are vile creatures. We were able to travel with Trinark while we were in the Underdark. He was a noble being and was willing to give his life for us!" It is Trinark isn't it? Traveling with Ssathiya, probably that big shape with the tail. "You're a cleric aren't you? I still see wounded here! Go tend to them. We will handle this!" I probably lost two friends today. Friends I thought I'd never see again. If only we'd been here sooner.

Fizahn turns his attention to the elf. He looks at her and sheathes his 'short sword.' "Talk quickly please. Aeroz, Lumpy, and Thokk seem ready to kill you, and I'd rather like to know what's going on here. Who is the drow you're traveling with? That's my first question. Answer it and the answer may pacify them for a few moments."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 06:20 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

21. - Top - End - #381

Nolan

Given the tales being told earlier Nolan is alarmed but not surprised at the presence of a drow, the hostilities towards an apparent old acquaintence and the sight of weapons drawn. He quickly places himself between Nyssa and the confrontation, keeping a wary eye on the elf with the bow.

"Okay, seriously not something you need to stick your nose in," he whispers back to his twin sister.

22. - Top - End - #382

As Fizahn looks down at the drow's body, he is not sure whether he recognizes him or not.

When he last saw Trinark, he was filthy, dressed in rags and castoff clothing. This drow has a noble visage, immaculately brushed silken hair and is wearing fine drowcraft chainmail, still shining darkly through the frost. His eyes are closed, but the expression on his face is one of peace and satisfaction, emotions Fizahn does not remember having seen on Trinark's face in the Underdark.

[hr]
    When Fizahn mentions Trinark's name, however, the elf's eyes flick toward him. Immediately, her gaze returns to cover Thokk, Aeroz, and now Silithos, but when she speaks her words are directed to the gnome.

"I know you, Fizahn, though you do not know me. Trinark and the druid have spoken of their friends many times, though there are some among you whom I can not place.

"This dwarf must therefore be Thokk. And the half orc is Lumpy (I had not realized that we had met before until just this moment).

"And of course Aeroz and I know each well, though I am beginning to think that our meeting on the ship was not happenstance ...

"Sheyra told us that you had saved her from the Underdark, but we had been given the impression that you were long gone, out on another adventure. I have to say I am surprised to find you following us out here on this lonely road.

"Perhaps it is you who should speak quickly. My fingers might be getting tired ..."

Her bow is held taut but rock-steady at a 45 degree angle. Her arrows are pointed directly at both Thokk's and Aeroz's chests.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tiny Dragon

The tiny dragon sits down with a sigh. He is too confused at the moment to do anything. His signs of joy that not everyone had died quickly turned to worry with all the anger going around. At least the snow banking was comfortable.

24. - Top - End - #384

Fizahn:

"You seem to be a fool. The druid would not like it if you were to attempt to murder us, nor would you survive, weakened as you were by that beast. We did our best to deliver Sherya safely from the Underdark, but it was the real world that we were unable to protect her in. If you have talked to the druid, you know all about Sethra. He had been possessing Linda and when he reentered the real world from the plane of shadows, he discovered that Sherya was Sarloc's heir. We ended up slaying Linda in a heated battle. Sherya promptly kicked us out of her mansion. It wasn't until later that we discovered that she had been possessed by Sethra and formed an unholy alliance with the tanar'ri." I'll leave the details a secret. Hopefully we don't have to kill her. Fizahn nervously fingers his 'short sword.'
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 06:22 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Lissa sighs with relief as her spells take effect and the color begins returning to her patient's face. She cranes her neck, looking up at the black-haired woman hovering anxiously above her. "She's stable for now, but she needs to get warmed up. The wagon is probably-" Just then Callos yells at her in Draconic, and Lissa jumps to her feet. "More wounded? Okay, I'm coming!", she yells back. Turning back to the Concerned Friend for a moment, she says, "Be back when I can. Try to keep her from moving around too much, she might have broken bones in there. See if you can pry Silithos- green hair- loose from the standoff over there, he's a better healer than me." With that, she hops onto her dog's back and races toward Callos.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

The broad-shouldered orc shifts subtly, slipping between the elf and his companions, hand sliding to rest upon his flail for a moment, before rising upwards create as large a profile between the parties as possible. Oddly enough it isn't the elf he faces, but instead Aeroz and Thokk,

"Ain't gonna be no fighting here, not any more. I won't stand fer it from no one." He jerks a thumb over his shoulder to indicate the elfess, "Me and her got prior engagements what still need sorting out. And ya," his roving gaze settles on Aeroz this time, "ya'd be better served venting somewhere else. Blame's easy ta place, but hard ta place right. There's more than one factor led up ta yer pal's death, and parts'a them are yer fault too."

His taut voice repeats itself, "No more. There's bigger things at stake now, ain't there?"

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphinia chose to keep her distance and watch off in the direction that the hydra went. No sense in letting something else wander up while they were all arguing, or catching up, or whatever. Besides, this was none of her business anyway. Can't see what the right thing to do would be if all of this came to blows.

28. - Top - End - #388

Aeroz

"My fault? I wouldn't have even been in this whole mess if it hadn't been for her. She and her group had to go and steal that dagger and send us on this gods damned quest to find it. Her actions sent us into the underdark and to meet Sedryn's death. If she won't die today, than she better damn be ready to suffer for what her actions have caused." Aeroz says angrily, hand hovering above his new blade.

"And you should be remembering that one little arrow hasn't stopped me in the past. That bolt hit me pretty hard and I still got up" he snaps at Si'rene

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

29. - Top - End - #389
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy rolls his eyes,

"Course, it's obviously entirely their fault. Since obviously, ya weren't FORCED inta chasing them by some third party or something. Or since the object in question wasn't forged by a dangerous person fer dangerous ends. Nope, all the blame is theirs." He shakes his head curtly, "Lemme fill ya in here. There's hundreds, thousands'a people in this world, doing what they gotta ta make their way. Sometimes jobs are simple, sometimes they ain't And sometimes it ain't worth it ta ask too many questions. That their business ended up entagnling ya, weren't necessarily their fault, nor likely their intention. Regrettable as it may be, killing them won't settle yer friend's soul, I reckon."

The gruff orc snorts belligerantly at Aeroz' continued posturing,

"But in case I wasn't clear that weren't a suggestion. There won't be any killing. Bludgeoning into unconsciousness, potentially. No killing."

30. - Top - End - #390

Aeroz

"Well let me tell you something half-breed, if it was either go after a group of theives or get strung up, what would you choose. I admit, I've done some pretty nasty things in my past, but Sedryn was a good man who did nothing wrong. And she needs to pay for what her actions did to him. He was forced into the situation. If not for his sake, then to show her what fate she has forced upon an innocent man."

Spoiler
    Show