Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 761
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    College
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Thokk

    "HOW DARE YOU ASSULT HER! YOU ARE THE ONES POSSESSED! DONT FEAR, MY FRIENDS, I SHALL RELEASE YOU FROM THE NECROMANCER'S VILE GRIP"

    *Thokk pulls out his sword and attacks the nearest person to Linda, and readying an action to attack anyone who threatens her, AoO on Hajih?*

    "How dare you attempt to tarnish the name of a mitheral guard! The necromancer has a particularly foul hold on ye, lad, I shall try to free you from his grasp as gently as I can"

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    None of us have the skill to use that spell!

    Achkby reflexively reaches for his scroll case, before realizing he sent it back to his room.
    Hlal be damned! Brandobaris, you've deserted me when it mattered most! ...Unless we're not meant -- no!

    Grimacing, he casts his most familiar spell, harsh sylables and dramatic gestures bringing forth a bolt of acid which flies at the Sorceress/er.
    She should have trouble casting with this!

    [OOC]After it becomes apparent when Linda is, Achkby casts Melf's Acid Arrow at her. Fighting spellcasters is the whole reason I know that spell; I really hope she has few ranks in Concentration.
    Attack (1d20+5=23)
    Damage (2d4=8)
    Sweet!
    If he can't tell which she is... can I get back to you?[/OOC]

    "Elthans!" he cries, "Enfeeble Thokk!"
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Elthan attempts to engage Linda verbally to distract her, but she doesn't respond to his questions.

    Garent finally recognizes the danger. "Protect Lady Sheyra!" he shouts. The honor guard converges on Sheyra and forms a protective phalanx around her, pushing aside Achkby and Fizahn, preventing even your party members from getting too close to her. The armored knights draw their swords and prepare to defend Sheyra from any attackers.

    [hr]
    Fizahn tumbles forward, stabbing one Linda. Hajih engages another, and Lumpy throws a dagger at a third. Two of the Lindas disappear when struck, but Lumpy's dagger finds its mark, catching the real Linda in the thigh.

    Darius moves like lightning, but Linda is faster. She throws up her hand and a wall of wind rises up before her, snuffing out the nearby torches. Darius' arrows are deflected upward, shattering on the ceiling.

    Achkby fires an acid arrow at the revealed Linda, only to see an identical arrow fired right back at him. The two arrows collide in midair, negating each other ...

    Thokk moves forward and engages Aeroz, who is closing in with his rapier and dagger. Callos is ready, and attempts to scare Thokk away.




    OOC: Two mirror images are eliminated. Lumpy hits Linda with a thrown dagger. Linda casts wind wall, negating Darius' arrows, and counterspells Achkby's acid arrow.

    Thokk has the higher initiative and will attack first. Aeroz attacks second. Callos' scare spell will take effect immediately after.

    Thokk has AC 16. Aeroz has AC 17. Go ahead and post your attack rolls and damage.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lissa

    "Thokk, you stone-brained idiot! Since when does Linda know how to cast a wall of wind?" The gnome runs toward the revealed Linda/Sethra, poisoned shortsword at the ready. Her long blonde braid and blue cloak fly behind her as she passes through the wind wall, on the opposite side of Linda as Fizahn. Lissa bares her teeth in a ferocious grin and expertly stabs up into the spellcaster's kidney.


    OOC: YES! Sneak attack action at long last! Lissa will hold her action until Fizahn gets into flanking position if he goes after her in the init order. Linda/Sethra needs to make a Fort save DC 14 if Lissa hits.
    Attack = 26 Yeah, I'd say that hits. ;D
    Damage = 4
    Sneak Attack Damage = 10
    And if Sethra or Linda (whichever applies) is Lawful...
    Anarchic Damage = 6

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Fizahn:

    Wrong Linda. Darn! Fizahn quickly tumbles to the real Linda, on the opposite side from Lissa. (Unless of course he doesn't have to tumble.) Springing up, he slashes at Linda. I will be much easier to get the fire opal once she's unconcious, and I doubt Sethra can switch while unconcious.

    OOC: Tumble=13
    Attack=22 (or 24 with flanking)
    Damage=5

    Sneak Attack Damage=9
    Total Damage=14
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Aeroz

    "Thokk, look at yourself. You are serving the thing that you hate the most. I don't want to hurt you, but if you can't see it, I am going to have no choice."

    Aeroz intercepts Thokk as he enters into combat attempting to nap a first strike. He does his best to duck and weave throughout the combat, using his dagger to help deflect Thokk's blows.

    "Kill me and then what, you go and kill another, and another. Who would be next? Fizhan? Lissa? All you are doing is taking people out of Sethra's way. Even if I am posessed, killing me would do you no good. Get rid of me, and the rest of them, and then it is just Sethra and you, and he would crush you like a bug. And look at Linda! Look at her delight in harming your friends. Would the real Linda do that?"

    OOC:

    Standard Attack: Rapier - 16=10+8-2(Expertising); Damage 7=6+1 (+2 AC when Thokk Attacks)
    Naming Thokk As Dodge partner
    Moving 10 Feet back (Tumble - 26=17+9)
    AC 17 (20 VS Thokk)
    HP: 23/23
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    College
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Thokk

    "Ach, that proves you are not her friend! She is a magic user, and can bend the winds of fate as she sees fit! GET OUT OF MY FRIENDS FOUL NECROMANCER"

    OOC: Frojoe, you dont get an AoO because I am moving into a threatened square to attack, not moving OUT OF a threatened square

    Thokk To Hit (1d20+10=28)

    Thokk Damage (1d10+5=15)


    OOC: Ouch, thats gonna leave a mark. Almost a crit, also. Regarding AoOs, you get one if a person performs an action that draws an AoO when they are in a threated square or if they move out of a threated square (Not a 5 foot step). Being that Thokk is entering the threatening square and then attacking, he does not draw an AoO. Aeroz would draw an AoO from moving out of Thokks threatened area but he passed his tumble with flying colors

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Achkby, Halflinf Sorcerer

    That is definitely not Linda.

    Seeing his other small comrades dealing with Linda, Achkby moves to slow Thokk.
    He goes through a quick incantation, shooting a thick wavy green ray at the Dwarf.

    [OOC]Ray of Enfeeblement, please roll for me. +5 to hit.[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    [OOC: Sorry, the DM in my RL game does that sometimes. :P)
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Darius

    "This one fights the hard way, huh?"

    Darius drops his bow to the floor, drawing his sword and charging Linda.

    ((If he don't have a direct charge line he'll just manuever over to her and try and get in a flanking position and attack.))
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy

    Halfway to Linda/Sethra, Lumpy abruptly changes course. He'd run across a mage or two in his day, and was wary of presenting too many targets at once. Instead, he directs himself towards Aeroz and Thokk, moving to interpose himself between them.

    It hadn't been more than a few days since he'd risked his neck on the dwarf's behalf, but here he was siding against him. It figured, karma had it out for him.

    "Damned ungrateful dwarf."

    Bringing his right hand up to join his left, he slips his grip back along the haft of his flail, maximising his leverage to take a swing at the dwarf. He'd learned firsthand about the dwarf's sturdy footing, and he'd need every bit of force he could choke out.

    ((OOC
    Trip Attempt vs Thokk
    Trip vs Thokk (1d20 + 12=30, 1d20+8=20)

    Possible Followup
    Followup vs Thokk (1d20 + 12=28, 1d10+7=16)

    ))

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Elthan II

    Still standing next to Sethra/Linda, Elthan tries to reason/distract him/her(?)
    "Sethra, your vendeta agaisnt Sarloc is long finsihed, he died long ago. It is time to stop this foolishness. You are out numbered and you have locked yourself in, you will not gain anything from this."

    Elthan speaks a short chant as his movements become more deliberate and fluid.

    (OOC: Casting True Strike)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    The honor guard attempts to move away from the melee towards the oak doors, keeping their bodies between Sheyra and the combatants. Garent beats at the doors with his fists, calling for more guards. Sheyra looks bewildered, unsure what is going on exactly.

    [hr]
    Seeing Lumpy's dagger wound the "real" Linda, Fizahn and Lissa converge on her position. As they near her, however, they are caught up in the roaring wall of wind that shields her and her mirror images. Both of the gnomes are buffeted and nearly knocked down by the invisible barrier.

    Only Darius, being larger and heavier, is able to push his way through the wind wall. By the time he has done so, however, Linda has merged and re-separated from her doubles, leaving the fighter facing three Lindas, with no idea which is the true Linda.

    Shrugging, Darius decides to slash the one in the middle. He smiles as his blade bites into solid flesh - good guess! Her skin seems to be as hard as granite, however, and Linda laughs as the steel glances off leaving only a small laceration.

    Still laughing, Linda reaches out and touches Darius on the shoulder. Instantly, Darius freezes in place, his sword still raised.

    As if noticing Elthan for the first time, Linda then points a finger at the half-elf and blasts him with a scorching ray.

    [hr]
    Aeroz and Thokk trade blows, but then Thokk recoils, an expression of fear on his face.

    The dwarf stumbles backwards, and Lumpy easily wraps his flail around Thokk's legs and pull his feet out from under him. Thokk lands heavily, just as Achkby begins to drain his strength from him.



    OOC: Linda and Fizahn can't get through the Wind Wall. Darius hits Linda. Linda paralyzes Darius. Linda hits Elthan with a Scorching Ray. Achkby casts Cause Fear on Thokk. Thokk and Aeroz hit each other. Lumpy trips Thokk. Achkby casts Ray of Enfeeblement on Thokk.

    Darius is paralyzed. Thokk is frightened, tripped, and enfeebled all in one round!

    @HempRope - Please indicate how much strength Thokk loses.

    @bhdrake - Please indicate how much damage Thokk takes from the fall (follow up damage).

    @KoG - Elthan takes 8d6 damage. You can roll it yourself if you like.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy

    Too much was happening all at once, and it was getting harder to keep a good read on things as they progressed. Even as Lumpy flicks his flail free of Thokk's ankle, he can tell that the dwarf was dealt with for the time being. That just left the necromancer. no, not 'just', that made it sound easy.

    He glances furtively about the hall, taking in the adjusting situation. The archer had gotten himself in over his head already, and the gnomes weren't making much headway against that stupid wind. There wasn't anything he could do about the one; but the other...

    He barks a sharp command at Fizahn and Lissa, ignoring the itch in his throat that threatened to build into a racking cough,

    "Ya two get close up, and don't move! We're going through!"

    If they obey, he'll move to grab them both and carry them through the wind wall.

    ((OOC Damage was rolled above - 16 to Thokk
    I'm presuming grabbing the gnomes and moving takes up all Lumpy's actions for the round.))

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Fizahn:

    Fizahn shouts his agreement to Lumpy's plan. He then moves to an area where Lumpy can easily pick him up, motioning Lissa to go there with him. He readies his dagger and looks at Linda angrily.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Str Drain (1d6+2=3) Yuck.
    And sorry I didn't roll that earlier, I wasn't where I could get to a dice roller.

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    "Good show, Lumpy!" Achkby cries.

    Maneuvering to get a good shot, he tries to repeat his disrupting spell against the Necromancer. He performs the sharp gestures and reiterates the same harsh syllables, and another bolt of viscous blue liquid shoots towards Linda-Sethra.

    [OOC]
    To Hit (1d20+5=16)
    Acid Damage (2d4=5)
    AC: 18 HP: 17
    [/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Callos DeTerran

    "Just hold on Lumpy I'll help you!"

    Callos sprinted to where Lumpy was trying to aid him in whatever way he could.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Darius

    This is uncomfortable...

    ((How many rounds of paralyzation?))
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Hajih

    Both hands in the same position as when they struck, Hajih seems frozen in place.

    Damn, I shouldn't have fell for that

    A sudden realization of the situation crosses his mind and he begins to move again, this time towards the real Linda.

    [hr]
    To Hit
    Dagger: 22
    Punch: 11

    Damage
    Dagger: 7
    Punch: 4 (non-lethal)
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lissa

    Hearing Lumpy's plan, Lissa quickly sheathes her poisoned sword. It wouldn't do at all to poison Lumpy or Fizahn by mistake. She dashes over to Lumpy and holds out her arms, doing her best to assist in holding on as he picks her up. "Thanks, Lumpy! I had no idea that wind wall was so strong!" As they approach the wind once more, Lissa clings onto the half-orc with all her might.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Achkby fires another acid arrow through the wind wall at one of the Lindas. He isn't sure whether he hits or not ...

    [hr]
    Lumpy scoops up Fizahn and Lissa and, as one, they plunge into the wind wall. The roaring wind buffets them and threatens to suck the gnomes out of Lumpy's grasp. Then, suddenly, they are through.

    They face a gruesome scene. Darius stands, paralyzed, hands still upraised. Only his eyeballs are able to move. He looks over at you, a desperate look in his eyes, how long will I be like this?

    Elthan's blackened body lies nearby, small flames still flicker along the fringes of his charred robes.

    In addition to the smoke rising from Elthan's corpse is an indescribably nauseating carrion stench. Vomit rises in your throat as you choke.

    Callos and Hajih stumble through the wind wall as well, and immediately start to choke.

    [hr]
    The Lindas have retreated to the back wall, just under the large portrait. All three have been stained with iridescent blue acid which seems to be burning its way through their robes.

    All three smile as they face you, their sleeves are pulled up to their elbows, hands ready to cast their next spell ...





    OOC: Everyone within the wind wall has to make a DC 18 Fort save or be sickened.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    College
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Thokk

    "Aaah! You are not my friends at all, but demons attacking us! Why must deamons keep harming the ones I love!"

    *Relizing the trip*

    "Tripped by a foul tentacle! Why!!!!!!!!!!"

    *Thokk tries to crawl away*

    OOC: Thokk things you are all demons attacking him due to the fear spell, so he will react accordingly

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lissa

    Gagging on the smell of charred flesh, Lissa immediately pulls the collar of her tunic up over her nose and mouth, for once thankful that she isn't wearing armor. This dulls her sensitive gnomish nose just enough to make the stench bearable. When she speaks, the sound is muffled but audible; the fact that Lissa's shouting to be heard over the howl of the wind wall might have something to do with that.

    "Fizahn, go left, I'll take right!" She switches to Undercommon, praying that Sethra doesn't understand either language. "Lumpy, take center! I'm going right!" Lissa acts on her words, dodging around Darius as she draws her poisoned shadow-blade. The slick gray blade gleams with an oily blue tinge as she stabs up at the Linda on the right.


    OOC: Yes, made the Fort save! 17 + 3 = 20

    Can I just use the attack and damage I rolled last round, but didn't get to use because of the wind wall? Providing, of course, that I've got the correct Linda. :P

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Callos

    Once he was through the windwall and the smell hit the necromancer, he doubled over and began to gag. Callos's eyes watered and he began to heave over and over again as he cupped his mouth with one hand. More then idle irriatation began to worm its way into his head past the illness as he wondered how he was going to pull through this.


    ((Failed with an 11

    1d20+3=11))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Darius

    "Oh no, oh god, I still can't move! Help! Help!!!"

    ((I don't think I can throw up if I'm paralyzed...))
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy

    At first scent, the smell of rotting flesh was nothing new to Lumpy. He'd walked more than one battlefield amongst vultures or ravens, but as he entered the fullness of it, the unnaturalness of it blocked out his senses. Water wells in his eyes as his gag reflex kicked in. He clenches his teeth against the rush, hoping it to be a passing thing, but finding it to be more lasting, gives up, retching his recently aquired meal.

    Even then, like his fellow bastard in arms, the mule, his stubborness kicks in, and the ill half-orc fixes his gaze upon Linda. Stomach still racking itself compulsively, he takes one plodding step towards her, then another. Limp gripped and watery eyed, there might not be much he could do, but he'd be damned if he was going to stop trying.

    ((OOC
    Fort Save: 1 + 5 = 6

    Either way, Lumpy will use his move action to try and set up a flank with Lissa or Fizahn. If neither of them find the real Linda, he'll go for a random one of the remaining images, as usual.

    Attack vs Linda/Sethra, Sickened (1d20 + 9=21, 1d10 + 5=15)))

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    OOC:

    @bhdrake - You are correct, affected characters will be sickened, not nauseated. My post has been edited.

    @Phasm - Sorry. You'll need new rolls.
    :P

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Alright, I'm here.

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Achkby moves up to the wind wall, and tries to peer through, attempting to determine the nature of the spells his adversary employs.

    [OOC]Knowledge (Arcana) +9 wherever applicable; when she's casting, or just to determine what she's cast.
    ...Or is it a Spellcraft check? Also at +9. It's probably Spellcraft.[/OOC]

    If he can tell which Lissa is the real one, he summons up the arcane energies required to cast his most potent spell. Screweing up his eyes as the gusts try to reach out and knock him from his feet, he quickly begins to weave intricate triangular patterns in the air before him. He can taste the tears being conjured from his eyes and swept into his mouth by the winds, and takes a step back before chanting the hissing words that send a fiery orange ray streaking towards the foul spellcaster.

    [OOC]
    Scorching Ray;To Hit (1d20+5=9). Remember, this is only if he knows which Linda's which! ;)
    AC: 18 HP: 17
    [/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Aeroz

    "Sorry Thokk, but you really need to snap out of it. No one is a demon here."

    Aeroz unleashes a flurry of attacks on the dwarf, hoping to disable him without inflicting any greivous damage.

    [OOC: If still within 5ft -
    5ft Step towards Thokk
    Full atk - Rapier 21 (5+1=6), Dagger Natural 19 (Confirm 12+6=16) (2+3 (Crit multiplier)=5) for total of damage 11
    AC 18
    HP 12

    If not within 5ft of Thokk -
    Move within striking distance of Thokk
    Atk - Rapier 22-4(Expertise) =18 (2+1=3 damage)
    AC 22
    HP 12

    AOO if Thokk stands up -
    Rapier 13+8-4=17 (5+1=6 damage)

    Question though, can a Coup-de-grace be used in conjunction with nonlethal damage to knock an opponent out?]

    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Fizahn:

    "Right, left Linda it is!" Fizahn grimaces at the putrid stench that envelops him. It's far worse than anything he has ever smelled, but there are times when a gnome must keep his composure. He rushes toward the leftmost Linda extending his 'short sword.' If the real Linda is discovered before he gets there, he springs around her to maneuver into a flanking position with Lissa.

    OOC: Fortitude: 25 (17+8)
    Attack: 19 (11+8)

    Damage: 6 (4+2)

    Tumble: 23 (12+11)
    Sneak attack damage: 5 (1+4)
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 05:27 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •