Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 761
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    OOC: Okay, a-rolling I go. If Lissa manages a flank, she'll sneak attack.

    Attack = 28 (+4 if flanking)
    Confirm Crit = 17 Does it hit? Huh? Huh? :D
    Damage = 3
    Possible Crit Damage = 3
    Possible Sneak = 8
    Possible Anarchic = 11

    Also, if it's the real Linda she must make a DC 14 Fort save or be poisoned with blue whinnis.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Aeroz pins Thokk to the ground with his rapier. The dwarf cowers in fear, his eyes wild and bloodshot. Although the elf doesn't want to hurt his friend, Thokk can't seem to break out from under the influence of both Linda's and Callos' spells ...

    [hr]
    Within the wind wall, Lissa, Fizahn, Lumpy and Callos confront Linda and her mirror images.

    "Stay back!" the Lindas shout in unison. As they raise their hands, an invisible blast of wind knocks Lissa and Fizahn to the ground. Callos and Lumpy can make no headway against the gust of wind.

    Before they can recover, the entire party is enveloped in a burst of icy particles. The sleet storm completely blocks everyone's vision, spoiling Achkby's aim. Even Aeroz and Thokk are caught in the spell's effect.

    The cobblestone floor is instantly covered in a sheet of ice, making even standing still a treacherous proposition.

    [hr]
    At the other end of the room, some of Sheyra's guards attempt to break down the oak doors, while the others shield the young girl with their bodies. Elthan stands halfway in between the two ends of the hallway. The death of his clone seems to have left him stunned and shaken ...



    OOC: Vision is obscured. All characters must make a DC 10 Balance check to move at half speed. Failure by 5 or more means that you fall.

    Darius remains paralyzed. Elthan is inactive.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Callos

    "Your....not...going...to..beat..me....woman!"

    Callos growled out the statement from between gritted teeth as he turned to the side and began to struggle to make head way. The shadowstuff boots that he had been given slipped and slid a little on the now icy floor. He raised up a sleeve to try and cover his eyes even as he began moving to the left trying to escape the stink that kept him from casting spells.

    ((OOC: 1d20+3=14

    Well I'm able to move I think but now I need to get out of the area of the stink which I hope is a stinking cloud since that means it has an area of effect.))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lissa

    "Oh, so you're afraid of us, are you?", Lissa yells above the howling wind as she tries to regain her balance. The gnome has a manic grin on her face; her long braid is now draped in icicles from the sleet storm. She laughs maniacally, pushing forward against the wind. "Ha ha ha, so much for the big bad necromancer! So scared, so vulnerable in your stolen body. What's the matter, Sethiekins, did seeing your lost laaady love make you cry? Aww, poor little wizard, nobody loves him!" Abruptly Lissa's mocking tone changes, and she locks eyes with the possessed spellcaster. "And nobody ever will. You might have found eternity, Sethra, but you'll spend it alone. Hated, feared, despised. Knowing that the woman you loved chose your worst rival over you!" Every word cuts like only a truth that shouldn't be spoken can. Lissa smiles coldly, the icicles in her hair somehow appropriate now. "Even if I die here and now, I'll die a happy woman, knowing that your existence will be a cold and empty one." Yes... that is true vengeance. And he did it to himself, which makes it so much more delicious! Of course, I have no intention of dying here. With a smirk, Lissa pauses and gestures at the trio of Lindas. A chorus of feminine voices, all of whom sound remarkably like the shadow-Arzbet'a, start shouting at the spellcaster in Draconic. "Unworthy... foul... defiled... never loved you..." All those painful truths, repeated at high volume in the voice of Sethra's beloved. Right in his ears.


    OOC: Balance = 20
    Move at half speed and use ghost sound racial ability at maximum volume, centered on the middle Linda. Yes, I know pissing off the BBEG isn't real smart, but I just couldn't resist the opportunity for Drama!

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Hajih

    With a surefooted bound forward, Hajih attempts his stab-punch maneuver that he hasnít managed to land the entire fight.

    [hr]

    Fort: 8 (hooo, boy)
    Balance: 18

    To Hit:
    Dagger: 17
    Fist: 12

    Damage
    Dagger: 7
    Fist: 6
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    College
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Thokk

    "By the Hammer, Demons casting Hellice! I beg your mercy Moradin, heat me with the fire of the anvil. So cold, so cold, so cold....."

    OOC: Nobody else speaks dwarf, so just assume he is ranting and raving, and untill he breaks the fear he is only moving back or doing total defense untill the 'demons' go away.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy thrashes about like an overturned crab on the icy floor. Lissa and Fizahn struggle to their feet as they are pelted with freezing sleet. Callos slides forward towards the Lindas, but is unable to see them through the miniature blizzard.

    The sleet storm continues for what seems like ages before vanishing as quickly as it appeared. When visibility is restored, you look around for the Lindas, but they seem to have vanished, leaving only Thokk, shivering and cowering in the corner, babbling in dwarven.

    Darius falls to his knees as the paralysis fades. Elthan runs to his clone's body and kneel beside him, checking for any signs of life.

    The oak doors groan and begin to give. Sheyra's voice can be heard from behind her guards. "What's happening? What's happening?"



  8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Aeroz

    "DAMMIT!" Aeroz exclaims as he throws his dagger to the floor. "Guards, I suggest you bring the dwarf to his room and lock the door. While you are at it, take away any sharp objects there too"

    Aeroz retreives his dagger, and puts it in his sheath. His fist clenches as he goes to see what has happened to Elthan II.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    As the air clears, Achby unfurls from the fluffy ball of white that was his robe and the sleet.

    Still crouching, he casts a quick divinatory incantation to search for a disguised Linda-Sethra.
    [OOC]Casting Detect Magic, scanning the room.[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    ((OOC For all the difference it makes, It just occurred to me that Lumpy wasn't actually wearing his armor. but, I rolled poor enough that he probably should have fallen anyway, so we'll stick with that))

    Lumpy

    Beard choked thick with ice, Lumpy twists, stuggling to push himself back upright on the slick floor. Bare-chested, his leathered skin prickled with goosebumps, but he was familiar enough with cold to ignore the icy sting that hung to him like a cloak. He barks out a few orcish curses, throwing his gaze wildly around the room before pausing a moment.

    After a few deep breaths, he stalks carefully towards where he last saw Linda, scanning the ground,

    "That went great. Just great. Keep yer eyes open."

    ((Search (1d20 + 1=21)

    Are there any traces, blood, etc? Is Lumpy's dagger gone, or has it been discarded somewhere?
    ))

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Darius

    Darius staggers slowly back to his feet, shaking his arms and legs out. He walks over to the wall and punches it.

    "Damn it... after all that... nothing."
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Callos

    Once the miniture blizzard was done and over with the necromancer then decided to let go of his footing...while vomitting...for the newly discovered ariel vomitting. He was still coated in ice as he began to pull himself back up to his feet, limbs quaking.

    "I can't believe that I fell for such an infantile trick. When I find this Sethra oh how I'll have my vengeance on her er him...it?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Fizahn:

    Fzahn quickly looks about for Sethra. As soon as it is evident Sethra's no longer in the room; he turns around and heads for the passage Sherya and her knights took. Sethra's most likely going to go after Sherya now. He doesn't want to waste time with us. Fizahn stumbles a little and looks back. Wait... He could have just cast invisibility. "Sethra might have just cast invisibility on himself! I'm going to check on Sherya. I doubt a detect magic will work because of the residual magic from the snow storm, but... Actually, you probably know better about spells, but remember the possibilities." Fizahn turns and quickly starts stumbling and sliding towards the door Sherya was escorted through (or still is).

    OOC: Balance: 10
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 05:29 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    As the others stand up, skittering on the ice, Achkby scans the room carefully. As he focuses, he detects a localized magical aura in the center of the room.

    As he peers at the aura, he sees it coalesce into a human shaped figure. Linda reappears slowly, winks at him, and then turns toward the oak doors where the guards are still trying to spirit Sheyra to safety.

    Linda points her finger at the huddled mass of armored guards, and a small golden bead flies toward them. Achkby opens his mouth to shout a warning, but it is too late. The bead blossoms into an enormous fireball, detonating in the midst of the guards. The armored figures are tossed about like rag dolls, several are sent crashing through the oak doors, while others fly into the walls or are sent tumbling through the air.

    Your ears ring from the explosion, and as the smoke clears, you can see the broken bodies of Garent and the knights lying motionless on the ground.

    Linda turns back toward your group, mostly gathered near the portrait. She crooks her index finger towards you as if to say, "Come and get me ..."


  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Darius

    Darius grabs his bow and swivels around to face Linda.

    "I'd rather stay right here, thanks."

    He sends a shadowstuff arrow flying through the charred room towards Linda.

    ((Can we see Sheyra, or her body?))
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Darius buries an arrow in Linda's chest. She coughs as she rocks backward, bringing up blood. She retaliates with another pair of scorching rays. Darius dodges one, but is seared across his back by the other.

    [hr]
    Sheyra rises to her feet, having managed to evade the worst of the fireball's effect. Wiping soot from her face, she takes in the bodies of her mentor and guards in a quick glance. Anger hardens the features of her face.



    OOC: Darius takes 4d6 damage from a scorching ray.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Fizahn:

    Fizahn glares at Sethra and twirls his dagger.. "There won't be much left of you when I'm done." He takes off across the ice, ready to strike Sethra down. He loses his balance soon however and slips to the ground.

    OOC: Ahhh, make the killer threat right before you botch the roll. Is there anything more ironic?
    Balance: 6
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 05:30 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy doesn't like ice

    His bared feet chilled by the icy floor, Lumpy grimaces. She'd managed to cross the room and put more distance between them, between him and his flail. He couldn't do much in circumstances such as these. Despite the leathered roughness of his soles, developed by his distaste for shoes, he still couldn't muster the necessary leverage to ubild up any productive impetus. Impotently, he dances from foot to foot as he struggles to maintain his balance in place.

    ((Failed to move but doesn't fall over this time
    Balance 2 (1d20=8 )))

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lissa

    "Coward! Puling, maggot-brained excuse for a kobold's spawn!" Lissa expertly slides across the icy floor toward the spellcaster, blade-first. "Come on, Elthan, avenge your brother and fry this son of a dretch!" Really, grieving is fine, as long as you don't let it interfere with business! Upon reaching Linda, she suddenly spins to the left and stabs up.


    OOC: If Aeroz or Sheyra give me a flank, Lissa will sneak attack. Otherwise just ignore the sneak damage. Oh, and the blade is still poisoned, since I haven't managed to hit yet.

    Balance = 17 Now why can't I roll like that for attack?

    Attack = 12 Somehow I don't think that'll hit, but you never know. If I get a flank it's 14.

    Damage = 1 :P

    Sneak Damage = 11

    Anarchic = 8

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Callos

    Once Linda came into view Callos exploded into motion. Or at least thats what it looked like he was trying to do. With a great deal of slipping though the necromancer began to make his way over towards where the woman/ancient spirit was. He was already holding his thumb and forefingers together ready to unleash the firey spell that was contained within them.

    ((1d20+3=12 for balance check
    and Burning Hands Damage if she's close enough.
    5d4=17
    ))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Aeroz

    With Thokk muttering incoherently on the floor, Aeroz turns his attention to "Linda". He moves as far as he can to strike her with his rapier, drawing his dagger in the process.

    [OOC: Moving 15ft (Balance check not required due to +9 on balance, so even if I roll a 1, Aeroz still makes it). If possible Aeroz will flank "Linda" so that both he and Lissa can get their sneak attacks in.

    MW Rapier - 1d20+8=27 (29 if flanking) (Confirm critical - 1d20+8=10 (12 if flanking) >:( ) (1d6+1=4; Sneak attack damage - 2d6+0=10)

    AOO if Linda casts a spell or fails to cast defensively MW Rapier - 1d20+8-2=18 (1d6+1=4; Sneak attack damage - 2d6+0=6

    AC 17 (18 vs "Linda"; 20 if she provokes an AOO)
    HP 12/27 (Could use some healing here. Aeroz didn't bring his bag, so no potions.]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Darius

    Darius groans, putting a hand to his back and feeling the charred skin. He cracks his back forward and sends two arrows at Linda.
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Their ears still ringing from the concussion from the fireball, Lissa and Aeroz converge on Linda. Lissa's blade twists in her hands, failing to penetrate Linda's stoneskin, but Aeroz's rapier bites deeply, drawing more blood.

    Ripping Darius' arrow from her body with one hand, Linda draws a simple dagger with the other, and slashes viciously at Aeroz. The elf nimbly sidesteps out of range.

    Callos struggles to maintain his balance, ready to cast burning hands. Cursing under his breath, he realizes that he can't cast the spell on Linda without catching Aeroz and Lissa in the flames as well.

    Darius kneels on the ice and quickly fires two more arrows at Linda, carefully aiming so as not to hit his allies ...



    OOC: I need to hit and damage rolls for Darius. Also specify whether he is firing shadowstuff arrows or "normal" arrows please.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Callos

    The necromancer cursed under his breath when he realized the...ahem aiming diffculty before he also realized he had a solution to the matter.

    "Lets see if you burn as well as a nightwing does Linda!"

    With a clever smirk on his face he goes through the motions of his burning hands spell once more but instead of holding his hands out horizontally he pulled a trick he had before. Tilting his hands vertically he tried to aim in a line that would avoid Aeroz and Lissa.

    ((Again then!
    5d4=12 ))
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    The flames of Callos' burning hands spread outward in a cone-shaped burst. Despite his best attempts, Lissa and Aeroz are caught within the flames ...



    OOC: Sorry. SRD states that the spell is a cone shaped burst. Aeroz and Lissa need to make Reflex saves to take half damage.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Frojoe21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torontonia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Aeroz

    Aeroz attempts to duck out of the way of Callos' flame spell. Either way, he continues his onslaught of attacks against "Linda"

    [OOC: Reflex save - 15+6=21 (Evasion means that if it passes, Aeroz takes no damage)

    Full Atk: MW Rapier - 1d20+6+2-2=16 (1d6+1=6; Sneak attack - 2d6+0=12) and Dagger 1d20+5+2=15 (1d4+0=3; Sneak attack - 2d6+0=7

    HP:12/27
    AC: 19 (20 vs Linda)]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    College
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Thokk

    "Lass, ye may have scared away the demons, but where the guards under control too? They were just protecting the other lass..."

    *Seeing Aeroz attack Linda*

    "Ach there you are! Stop hurting the lass!"

    *Thokk attempts to rush Aeroz across the ice and tackle him to the ground*

    OOC: Balance Check: Thokk Balance (1d20+1=10)

    To Hit: Trip: Thokk To Hit (Touch) (1d20+10=15)

    Trip Check: Thokk Trip Check (1d20+3=14)

    Wow, lots of rolling, heres hoping it works

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_King_of_Durf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    ((These will be shadowstuffs.

    [link=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=459419]First Attack:[/link] 23

    [link=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=459442]First Damage:[/link] 6

    [link=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=459428]Second Attack:[/link] 22

    [link=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=459443]Second Damage:[/link] 10))

    Darius

    Darius will desperately fire another two shadowstuffs on this round as well, trying as hard as he can to bring Linda down.

    (([link=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=459433]First Attack:[/link] 32

    [link=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=459446]First Damage:[/link] 10

    [link=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=459438]Second Attack:[/link] 27

    [link=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=459444]Second Damage:[/link] 7))
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy

    Feet scrabbling for purchase, Lumpy finally catches a break, his roughened soles marring the ice ever so gradually as he struggles. One foot finally catches on the miniscule traction offered by the surface beneath it, allowing him to steady and reorient himself. One hurdle down.

    Still, she was bound to have a hat trick of other spells designed to keep him from getting close enough to put her out, but there was nothing for it now. No less than all out would do, it seemed With all the fire and what-have you being thrown about, he was surprised he'd not been hit yet- it was actually a little insulting. he'd have to show Sethra the folly of not taking that opportunity.

    Digging his nails into the ice, he pushes himself into an unskilled slide, slowly building up speed as he acclimates himself to the motion. His feet were starting to numb, but that wass of secondary importance. Readying his flail, he focuses on his goal.

    ((OOC
    Hooray for a lucky balance check. Lumpy will mvoe towards Linda and attack if he can get in range.

    Balance #3 (1d20=20)

    Attack and damage (1d20 + 11=28, 1d10+7=8 )
    ))


  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Aeroz dodges out of the way of Callos' burning hands, but is then almost bowled off his feet by Thokk who attempts a sliding tackle.

    The nimble elf manages to halfway leap over the dwarf, thrusting Linda again with his rapier as he does so.

    Lumpy scrabbles toward Linda as Darius fires a pair of shadowstuff arrows into Linda's body. The arrows penetrate with sickening thuds, nearly passing entirely through her body.

    Surrounded on three sides, and badly wounded, Linda backpedals in order to gain some space. Her smirk has been replaced by an expression of fear. Her lips open as if to say no! but then suddenly the tip of a longsword appears from between her breasts. A bright red stain spreads across her chest as her eyes roll up into her head.

    Linda falls forward off the blade revealing Sheyra, an expression of hatred on her face, behind her. The young monk looks down at the bloody sword in her hands, then drops it to the ground beside Linda's body.

    As guards pour into the room from outside, through the now shattered oak doors, Sheyra's legs begin to tremble. She collapses into the arms of a pair of guards who hustle her to safety.

    The remainder of the guards block the exit with swords drawn. They look uneasily about at the bodies strewn across the floor - Garent, a dozen guards, Linda, and Elthan.

    "What happened here?" shouts a nervous looking lieutenant ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •