Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 761
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy

    Cracking the shutter again to keep an himself appraised of the figures' movements, Lumpy curses in gutteral orcish,

    "Damn, apparently they're just gonna skip all our pretty fortifications. They're going up!"

    Slipping his dagger back into it's sheathe with a scowl, the burly orc catches up his flail, stepping out a few paces back into the center of the room. Appraisingly he throws a glance over his companions,

    "We're gonna have ta split up. Half ta watch the ground floor here and make sure they don't double back down and half ta back up the mage and our guest. Either that or we drag everyone back downstairs quick-like. Any suggestions, or do I just start calling names?"

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lissa is already on her feet and dashing up the stairs, with Darius and Hajih following right behind her.

    This leaves Lumpy, Aeroz, Fizahn, Achkby and Callos to defend the first floor. Fizahn cranes his neck to follow the three men as they levitate to the upper level.

    Lumpy looks around. Anyone else?

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Achkby glances around as well, almost a bit guiltily, and then gives those remaining on the first floor a sort of sideways smile.
    "I'm going upstairs," he says over his shoulder as he put his feet where his mouth is, "But I say we try to stick together downstairs. We'll be back in a moment, Gods willing."
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy

    The big orc shrugs, turning himself sideways to best keep an eye on the front door and the room at large,

    "Fine. Just don't dawdle none, and try not ta do anything unecessarily stupid."

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Downstairs ...

    Callos opens his mouth as if he is about to say something, when suddenly there is a tremendous explosion from upstairs.

    After the BOOM! you can hear the patter of splintered debris and see a cloud of dust drifts down from the upper level.

    There are cries of confusion and pain from upstairs ...

    [hr]
    Upstairs ...

    Achkby picks himself up off the floor. He had been following the others to Elthan's room, when the explosion had knocked him to the ground. Coughing, he performs a quick inspection and is relieved to discover that, aside from a few scratches, he is unhurt.

    Peering through the dust, he sees that Hajih, Darius and Lissa are down, blown across the hall to the opposite side. Elthan's room lies open to the hallway, and the half-elf's voice is audible as he chants frantically in draconic.


  6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy

    "Hells, there's always something. Don't much like the implications'a that one."

    Lumpy's armored heels mar the inn's floor as he spins abruptly, grumbling a few pointedly descriptive words in orcish to color his speech,

    "Unless there's another explosion or something, you all stay put!"

    Flail jangling in it's position held clear to the side of his legs, he jogs his way over to the staircase, powering his way up the stairs double-time.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    At the top of the stairs, dust continues to fill the hallway, obscuring your vision somewhat.

    Farther down the hallway, some doors crack open as other patrons of the inn peek out to see what is going on.

    You can hear moaning from within the now-doorless room, and you see several flashes of light from a set of magic missiles being cast within the room ...

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    swordmaster2000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chi-town baby!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    The Priest of Umberlee
    the door slams open and out walks a lean man wearing a brown leather vest. this vest is wide open revealing a silver chain shirt that seems to be covered in watery glop. This man's face bears a scowl as he looks at the mishapen orcish figure with the flail. His head is covered by a brown bandana, a image of two waves going apart painted on the front. Under this bandana is a mess of seaweed green hair flowing out of the bandana like a cascade of water. In one hand he holds a masterfuly crafted trident with the images of krakens and ships inscribed in the metal. In his left hand he holds an also finely crafted cutlass that seems well-used.

    The green-haired man frowns at the half orc standing in the the hall and says leave this inn at once Half-orc or I shall be forced to call upon the powers of the mighty Umberlee to force you out! As he says the name Umberlee he grins revealing a set of sharp almost shark like teeth.
    Jayne: I wish I could say the same but Lawrence I am dissapointed as hell.

    Video did not kill the raidio star I DID!!!



    who you gonna call?....

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    A halfling woman, short brown hair an unruly mess and brown eyes flicking over the scene, grasps a small longsword. Her face is tanned and lined with wrinkles that suggest she has not spent much time laughing in her life. Her brown tunic is rumpled and her legs and feet are bare. Though she says nothing, her small mouth betrays an unmistakable expression of disgust when she sees the half-orc. Her posture declares her state of readiness, but she makes no move to attack.

    Is this the cause of the explosion, or just another lucky traveler?

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Fizahn:

    If they flew straight up to the room, what's to stop them flying straight back down? I'm not going to do any good right here. "I'm going outside to see if I can snipe them from below." Fizahn announces to the others in the main room before hurriedly rushing to the door. He exits the inn and starts looking for the gaping hole that he figures is in the building now. He keeps his crossbow at the ready to shoot any flying creatures.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 05:59 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HempRope's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoooooo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

    Pulling his spear from his bac, Achkby begins to forge his way through the mess of debris, fanning the dust from his face with his spare left hand.

    Ignoring the muddled shouts from the other patrons and the roaring that is clearly Lumpy downstairs, he looks frantically around, unsure if he wants to see movement or not.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

    GO BLUE

    The biggest problem with the alignment system is that it encourages us to choose.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy

    The pugnacious orc nearly stops at the sight of unexpected persons imposing themselves in his path. Nearly. But the sight of comrades fallen in the hall and Elthan's doorless room left no room for dawdling with trivialities. If anything, Lumpy's lopsided pace quickens, his broad form advancing quickly towards his goal. Yet, despite the gravity of the situation unfolding, the warrior can't help but sneer at the man who challanged him, eyes rolling in amused defiance, Figures they single me out.. He growls, his voice deep and uncultured, all urgency and vieiled threat,

    "Yeah, I bet. I got more important things ta deal with, in case ya ain't noticed. Ya and me can sort out yer bigotry later"

    Intent upon reaching his companions, the big half-breed moves to shove anyone who intervenes out of his way.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    The halfling smirks and follows the half-orc, trotting to keep up. Her sword is held ready, but she does not threaten the half-orc with it.

    I think I have my answer.


  14. - Top - End - #224
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    swordmaster2000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chi-town baby!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Stop and face me half-orc! says the green haired man now angry, as he sees the large half orc ignore him he yells I said stop! and begins chanting some words at the end of his chant he points his finder twards the half-orc.


    (( hold person spell DC 20 to resist (I think) if it succedes then spell lasts 4 rounds))
    Jayne: I wish I could say the same but Lawrence I am dissapointed as hell.

    Video did not kill the raidio star I DID!!!



    who you gonna call?....

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lumpy

    ((Will Save: Hold Person (1d20+2=22)))

    As the magic washes over him, Lumpy flicks an irate glance at the priest, gritting his fangs in mental exertation,

    "I dunno who in the Hells yer God is, but I'll swear ta mine- If yer meddling keeps me from protecting me and mine, I'll send ya ta meet him. Pike off!"

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    "Oh, by Mielikki's breasts, boy. He's not a marauder, you idiot." The halfing just looks at the priest like he's an irritating teenager.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground
     
    sacreddeamon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    College
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Thokk

    "Ach, if ye be helpin then help! Otherwise bugger off"

    OOC: Not sure why I wasnt included on where I would be, so ill just assume I followed the group

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    swordmaster2000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chi-town baby!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    looking at the halfling the priest grins his toothy grin as if amused, then he turns to the half orc not a murauder eh? then what are you a circus clown?! whats your game half orc?
    Jayne: I wish I could say the same but Lawrence I am dissapointed as hell.

    Video did not kill the raidio star I DID!!!



    who you gonna call?....

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    "Are you completely daft, boy? There's no time for chatting now! Can't you see the inn is under attack?" Idiot kid!

    The halfling proceeds to ignore anything else from the "priest" and follows the half-orc.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Downstairs ...

    Fizahn unbolts the door and dives outside, rolling to a kneeling position 15 feet from the doorway, snapping his crossbow to his shoulder and aiming upward towards the second floor. He is surprised to see no smoking hole on the outside of the building. In fact, he can see no sign of any of the three men, nor any signs of forced entrance ...

    Thokk continues to stand ready in the center of the tavern, guarding the main door (thrown open by Fizahn). The first rays of dawn spill through the open doorway, illuminating the floorboards in a rosy glow.

    Despite Lumpy's warning to stay put (or perhaps because of it), when Thokk sees no threats outside, he spins on his heels and charges up the stairs, one step at a time ...

    [hr]

    Upstairs ...

    Lissa coughs and staggers to her feet, her face blackened by soot. She seems relatively unhurt, likely saved by her quick gnomish reflexes.

    Lumpy growls as he brushes by the green-haired stranger into Elthan's room. Achkby slips in beside him, as does another female halfling adventurer (roused from her sleep by the explosion).

    The room remains dark and shuttered, illuminated only by brief flashes of light at Elthan, backed into a corner fires round after round of magic missiles at the trio of gaunt men gathered about the berserker's bed.

    The men, in their cassocks and top hats, seem to ignore the sorceror's magic missiles for the most part, concentrating instead on laying their hands on the berserker who writhes and screams in agony, his back arched and his fists clenched ...

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Fizahn:

    Damn. I thought they went straight up. I should assess the possibilities. That might not be Elthan's room, they can pass through walls, or they replaced the wall they blew open with an illusion spell so passing travelers wouldn't be surprised. That seems the most likely. I'll just test it. Fizahn aims at the wall and fires a bolt at the inn's wall where he believe's Elthan's room to be.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Fizahn's crossbow bolt hits the stucco wall, and sticks there quivering. Apparently the wall (at least that section) is solid.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Fizahn:

    "Damn. I suppose I'll have to apologize for that." Think logically. There's not anything I could do out here shooting through an illusionary wall. If I wait for them to come this way, it will be too late. I have to use the stairs. Mumbling gnomish curses to himself, Fizahn reenters the inn's common room. He rushes toward the stairs reloading his crossbow. "Let's go! We can't do any good down here! We need to help them." Fizahn shouts at Callos and Aeroz.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-28 at 06:01 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    "Yes, indeed. The small one is correct!" says an unfamiliar voice.

    Fizahn, Callos, and Aeroz rush up the stairs, their weapons drawn and ready.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    swordmaster2000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chi-town baby!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    The green haired priest flashes another shark grin at the halflingf before saying fine I'll play along for now and follows the misshapen half orc up the stairs weapons still drawn and at the ready
    Jayne: I wish I could say the same but Lawrence I am dissapointed as hell.

    Video did not kill the raidio star I DID!!!



    who you gonna call?....

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    The abrasive green-haired newcomer is shouldered aside by Thokk, who mutters under his breath in dwarven.

    Clambering up the stairs are Aeroz, Fizahn, and Callos. Callos looks a little bit sheepish, but he is relieved to see Hajih begin to stir. Darius remains knocked out cold on the floor. Aeroz has his rapier drawn, and he looks eager to test the new blade on whatever might be inside Elthan's room.

    The berserker's screams stop, replaced by an eerie silence ...

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Hajih

    Hajih shakes his head and groans.

    Climbing to his feet, he rummages around beside him and finds his hat. He pulls on the oversized headgear and picks up his two axes.

    "Okay, which one of those jokers set off that explosion?"

    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Lissa

    Glaring at the mysterious trio through her soot-blackened face, Lissa hefts her loaded crossbow and circles quietly around to the back of the room. It's dark out, right? Here's hoping lamplight doesn't affect shadowstuff. She aims carefully and fires at the closest intruder. TWANG! A flash of glistening black flies toward the cassocked figure.


    OOC: Attempt to flank one of the Black Hats with whichever ally is convenient. Lissa is using +1 shadowstuff bolts.

    Attack: Woo, my dice like me tonight! Roll 18 + 8 = 26.
    Damage, normal: I take that back. Roll 1 + 1 = 2 damage.
    Damage, sneak 3d6: Rolls 3+5+4 = 12 damage.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    Elthan

    Stuck in a corner, Elthan formulates a new plan. He cast a spell and runs up to discharge it on them.


    (OOC: Casting Touch of Idiocy
    Melee touch attack (1d20+2=4)

    I beleive thats a miss under any circumstance and I know have attracted thier attention mybye?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VI: Lake of Tears

    The halfing woman's face is grim as she moves in to attack one of the strange men in top hats with her longsword. This isn't the stupidest thing I've done, but it's way up there at the top... She swings wildly, clearly disturbed by both their appearance and actions.

    OOC--
    natural 1 :(

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •