New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Manga thread (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Finally: prediction for next week: Kakashi (or someone) will flame Zabuza for not caring about cutting off Haku's head and he will regret it and confess his love or whatever yadda, yadda; Haku will be happy, Zabuza will be happy and they will both be released. Or something to that effect.
    Nah, I bet they'll kiss themselves first :P
    Above Us Only Sky

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Finally: prediction for next week: Kakashi (or someone) will flame Zabuza for not caring about cutting off Haku's head and he will regret it and confess his love or whatever yadda, yadda; Haku will be happy, Zabuza will be happy and they will both be released. Or something to that effect.
    Zabuza stopped trash-talking, meaning Kabuto's suppressed their personalities for the large part. Nothing to be released...

...And why is EVERY interpretation of Zabuza and Haku's relationship a yaoi one? x.x It always looked much more father/son with master/servant overtones to me. Zabuza raised Haku after all.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Don't you mean father/daughter?
    Ew. Not worth the joke.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Don't you mean father/daughter?
    You know what I mean. Whatever gender Haku identified with.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ettin in the Playground

Just say parent/child. Problem solved!
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

...I think we're skirting too close to the rules. Let's just say HakuZabuza. xD
    NONETHELESS.
    Yes, it's too often though of as romance, and not often as simply familial or friendship.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aaaand New Chapter's out. Nothing much new really, bit of a disappointment.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

Ewww, they sent Sand's previous Kages against Gaara. Who wants to bet some more youth wan-- glorifying ensue and he'll beat them with his patented Sand Sue No Jutsu?

They could've wrote different pairings. Say, actually think and send someone using lightning against him, as sand is weak to this.

Why Haku didn't instantly regenerate? Why the other 7 swordsmen are so inept? Ninja commanders, too, for that matter? I guess we'll never know.
    Above Us Only Sky

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Ewww, they sent Sand's previous Kages against Gaara. Who wants to bet some more youth wan-- glorifying ensue and he'll beat them with his patented Sand Sue No Jutsu?

They could've wrote different pairings. Say, actually think and send someone using lightning against him, as sand is weak to this.

Why Haku didn't instantly regenerate? Why the other 7 swordsmen are so inept? Ninja commanders, too, for that matter? I guess we'll never know.
    Well Kabuto seems to be a bit of a dramatic so no hope there.

Haku got caught in the shadow bind technique.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Errrm. Maybe I'm reading a different version then you, but I didn't get that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

Didn't get what?

When I saw Gaara effortlessly sensing the Kage (who only has 60+ years of experience more) all my hope for fair fight faded.
    Above Us Only Sky

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

Didn't get what?

When I saw Gaara effortlessly sensing the Kage (who only has 60+ years of experience more) all my hope for fair fight faded.
    Which Kage? We can't see anything more than a few bandages and an eye of the guy that Gaara is going to be fighting.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Which Kage? We can't see anything more than a few bandages and an eye of the guy that Gaara is going to be fighting.
    This. We know it isn't the 3rd or 4th. And we've never seen the 1st or 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

I liked the part with Kakashi. Not sure about this new kage. It's just going to slowly for me to say much. Aside from the slow pace though I think it is going fine.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

Yea....

Though, I'm pretty sure Kakashi has gone all out before. Maybe in the short time between the attack on Konoha and the start of the NWW, he's had some time to perfect one or two more jutsu...
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Yea....

Though, I'm pretty sure Kakashi has gone all out before. Maybe in the short time between the attack on Konoha and the start of the NWW, he's had some time to perfect one or two more jutsu...
    Depends on how you view "all out". Kakashi is one of the most conservative ninja's in the series, playing it safe until he comes up with a strategy to defeat his opponent. This is probably why he was defeated by Pain so quickly, he was too busy trying to figure out Pain's abilities to react properly. Maybe what we get to see now is Kakashi start Ninjutsu spamming or something.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

First, they didn't send the Sand's previous Kages against Gaara, they sent Iwa's second Kage and he hit Gaara's force. And really...the guy has mastery of sand. The kage is SURROUNDED by sand, I'm more surprised that Gaara didn't sense him earlier.

And you forget, this isn't about 'who'd make the most interesting fight against who', it's played out in-universe as an actual invasion. How's Kabuto to know Gaara was there?....And seeing how it's (so far) Gaara and HIS ARMY against one Kage (and that Kage bit is very important) so far...This Muu guy is either going to get curb-stomped or he's going to utterly destroy a lot of people Shinra Tensei style.

Haku's regeneration was already handled and how were the Shinobi Swordsmen inept? Just because they weren't shown to be doing anything this chapter? For that matter, why are the ninja commander's inept?

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

I really liked that kakashi took Kubikiri Houcho after sealing Zabuza and Haku, it seems sort of symbolic in a way.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Kakashi: The swordsman of the leaf.

Ironic in a way, since his father was apparently an expert swordsman in the previous ninja war.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

Kakashi took the sword? Cooooool!
    (sitting here reading your half-spoilers)

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    . Maybe what we get to see now is Kakashi start Ninjutsu spamming or something.
    I'd say this is preecisely what we are going to see. And it'd be nice, because I already had Karakura Battle in Bleach, and I'd rather not have Naruto dragging with battles between characters I don't really care about for years.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ettin in the Playground

As noted, Iwa's second Kage, not Suna's. We know nothing of the guy - so it's a bit premature to complain about him not having Raiton when he has displayed grand total of one technique (invisibility).

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    First, they didn't send the Sand's previous Kages against Gaara, they sent Iwa's second Kage and he hit Gaara's force.
    Eh, whatever, the abilities are going to be similar. Isn't sand just a subset of Earth chakra?

And you forget, this isn't about 'who'd make the most interesting fight against who', it's played out in-universe as an actual invasion.
    After elemental weaknesses were introduced I expected them to play a bit larger role than a convenient explanation of why Sasuke won again.

How's Kabuto to know Gaara was there?....
    Um, scout ahead...?

Oh, wait, we're talking about Madara "CHAARGE!" Uchiha and Kabuto "I'll be sulking in the corner pointlessly moving Go pieces" Oroclone there.

This Muu guy is either going to get curb-stomped
    Any doubts here?

or he's going to utterly destroy a lot of people Shinra Tensei style.
    Mooks we never saw before is not people.

I bet he will only slightly wound them, anyway, to not inconvenience them :P

Shinobi Swordsmen inept?
    Well, apparently only one of them knows how to create mist.

It's not like they're Hidden Mist warriors or anything.

Just because they weren't shown to be doing anything this chapter?
    Oh, they do. Waste time standing dramatically

For that matter, why are the ninja commander's inept?
    ...We have fatguy doing things sergeants, not generals usually do in the battle. Kakashi, too, for all his badassery, lost all vcontrol over his force to engage enemy mano-a-mano style. They would be doing poorly even as commanders of 4 man teams.

One Gaara is trying to collect intelligence and direct his force, though he will undoubtedly drop it next chapter for more mano-a-mano (a bit more justified in his case).

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    As noted, Iwa's second Kage, not Suna's. We know nothing of the guy - so it's a bit premature to complain about him not having Raiton when he has displayed grand total of one technique (invisibility).
    I'm not complaining about raiton, I'm complaining about them remembering about the basic weaknesses once every 20 chapters.
    Above Us Only Sky

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not complaining about raiton, I'm complaining about them remembering about the basic weaknesses once every 20 chapters.
    Missing my point - my point was you're complaining before the thing has even had the chance to come up. Isn't that a bit premature? You really insist on letting Kishimoto's past mistakes to ruin your enjoyment of the story, do you?

Not that I'm convinced you're complaining of actual mistakes, you know...

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

...You're new to that whole 'internet' business, are you?

You don't do anything there in half-measure, Dattebayo! :>
    Above Us Only Sky

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, whatever, the abilities are going to be similar. Isn't sand just a subset of Earth chakra?
    Sand is one of the "advanced" elements. Fans widely believe it to be an Earth/Wind hybrid.

Or maybe there just wouldn't be any point to doing that when Zanbuza's already doing it and he's the best at it.

And only Rock Lee knows how to use Dancing Leaf Shadow? It's not like they're Hidden Leaf ninjas or anything.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Bugbear in the Playground

Um, scout ahead...?
    Isn't it common practice to scout ahead with your most stealthy unit? I mean invisibility isn't much, but give them some credit at least. That and didn't they do the entire raiton thing against Deidara six chapters ago?

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Sand is one of the "advanced" elements. Fans widely believe it to be an Earth/Wind hybrid.
    Conversely it could simply be a remnant of Shukaku's (you know, the sand demon) powers, given that there's no evidence for it being a bloodline, and that every Jinnchuriki of Shukaku possessed the same abilities as Gaara, I think the fans are wrong.
    Last edited by Zeful; 2011-01-21 at 11:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ettin in the Playground

Sand is....complicated. It's either one of the 'advance elements', which seems likely, or it's an ability Gaara has because he was the host of the Shukaku. I'm inclined to think the later considering the Third Kazekage had to DEVELOP an entirely new bloodline (The Iron Sand) to try and mimic the Shukaku's abilities. And why would the abilities be similar? O.o All we saw is that Muu can turn invisible. That's...not exactly a comprehensive view of his abilities. Though I'm certain an Iwa-shinobi will be happy to inform us once the guy comes into view.

Um, scout ahead...?

Oh, wait, we're talking about Madara "CHAARGE!" Uchiha and Kabuto "I'll be sulking in the corner pointlessly moving Go pieces" Oroclone there.
    Don't you think that's what Muu could be doing? Scouting ahead for a larger army/group? I mean, he IS by himself. More to the point is that Kabuto "I'll be sulking in the corner pointlessly moving Go pieces" Oroclone is moving Go pieces because...it's implied that's how he controls his zombies You'd rather he stopped controlling his immortal zombie army and do something else instead?

Also, why should Madara care if the Zetsu army dies? He can, literally grow a new one and likely much faster then the Ninja villages can replace lost shinobi. And seeing how they seem to actual be a challenge to kill (if Neiji's words are any indication) and are draining chakra for...something, I would say that Madara loses nothing with a charge except however long it takes him to grow a new army. Or he could very well know something we don't and is rushing to get the Zetsu army into place for some strategy of his own. Or he's just softening up the shinobi army (and killing those who can be killed) so the undead super ninja can mop up the remains?

Any doubts here?
    Uh...yeah? Gaara hasn't won a single fight outside of filler except against Sasuke or Shigure back in the Chuunin exam. Naruto? Beat him. Kimmimaro? Would have killed Gaara if his disease hadn't done him in, which makes things interesting because Kimmimaro is back now. Deidara? Beat Gaara, heck that was a major plot point. Gaara vs. Sasuke rematch (with other Kages)? Well the Kages won that (handily) but it can't even be said to have been Gaara's victory or that he even greatly participated in the fight. If anything, that was the Raikage's victory. Gaara's abilities are impressive, but ever since he lost the Shukaku he hasn't won a single fight.

Mooks we never saw before is not people.

I bet he will only slightly wound them, anyway, to not inconvenience them :P
    ...So...because we've never seen these chuunin/jounin before, they suddenly become an inaccurate measurement of ability for us to compare enemies to?

Oh, they do. Waste time standing dramatically [/QUOTE]

...So the Seven Swordsmen are idiots for not sharing the exact same style of Zabuza, despite the fact most of their swords combat-applicable abilities and they likely focused on those? (and that at least one of them wasn't even a Suiton type) That's...not a reason why they are idiots. If anything, it's the opposite since otherwise if someone knew how to beat Zabuza they'd know how to beat the other Swordsmen too. More importantly, Zabuza was the best at the Hidden Mist jutsu, having developed a version that even the Sharingan couldn't see through.

Ah, yes, so they stood around for one panel in surprise because their cover disappeared, they wasted time from utterly slaughtering the enemy.

...We have fatguy doing things sergeants, not generals usually do in the battle. Kakashi, too, for all his badassery, lost all vcontrol over his force to engage enemy mano-a-mano style. They would be doing poorly even as commanders of 4 man teams.

One Gaara is trying to collect intelligence and direct his force, though he will undoubtedly drop it next chapter for more mano-a-mano (a bit more justified in his case).
    You named it yourself there. Usually do in battle, the implication being in our world. Where there's no real difference between a sergeant and a general besides experience and ability to command. Not in Narutoverse where the difference between a sergeant and a general can be the difference between shooting a fireball four times a day to having the capability to wipe out armies entirely by yourself. This is Naruto-verse, where the most powerful shinobi are giving positions of leadership, thus making it a really bad idea to keep them out of the fight to counter the enemy's high level shinobi. Seriously...aside from Gai, who would you have expected from Kakashi's force to be able to fight Zabuza? Except MAYBE Sakura?

'nother small point, how's he supposed to direct his force if he can barely see around him? That's why it was so important to take Zabuza out of the fight, it's awfully difficult to direct a battle against utterly silent enemies (except for blast-sword fellow) when you can't see more then five feet away.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my, walls of text again...

Anyway, most important thing I got out of the chapter: Serious kakashi is getting serious. Whatever it means, his look in his last panel seems to me like i don't want to be on Akatsuki's side, dead or not. Did he ever look that serious?

Apart from that... Well, flashbacks, Naruto liking the guys who tried to kill him, and Gaara preparing to kick ass. Oh, and Neji blowing up a Zetsu. I guess next chaptr will be nice action if nothing else.