New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Of Blood and Ash.

Ivellios considers the proposal for a moment before speaking. "Well, I suppose a somewhat known quantity would be safer than risking my belongings to whoever happens through. Thank you kindly for your offer. If space is an issue, a comfortable corner to trance in is just as acceptable as a bed."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How dare you get sick?! I hope you feel better soon!
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Talaitha continues to grin wickedly as the young Romani speaks, reaching over to pat the young woman gently on the leg after. "Now that's a good girl. I'm pleased you're so ready to accept my... hospitality." She stops speaking for a moment as her mouth is ripped wide by a rather exaggerated yawn while she quickly moves to cover a mouth as pale as the rest of her though slightly bluish in color. Shaking her head towards the end of the spectacle her cold blue eyes begin to water before she continues. "I do have one demand though before we continue my little urchins and that is simply that the little rat bathe once we reach my humble parlor. After all we can't have such a filthy mer in the company of those as statuesque as us two ladies." Standing up after her announcement she stretches her legs and as she does so you get your first real glance at the strange woman's figure and find that you were right in your original assessment that she stands a tad taller than six and a half feet. Lithe form seeming to uncoil she looks down at Ivellios for a moment, arching an eyebrow sarcastically as she sniffs the air. "If you deem that acceptable then come along. If not then the luck of Fortuna herself save you." At this point she crosses the short distance between your table and the back door in only a couple of steps before disappearing into the staircase beyond.

Before you have a chance to truly follow though the sound of a heavy, shuffling gait is heard behind Ivellios as the inn keeper approaches the table, collecting the simple wooden steins. He is a rather tall and portly man with grease caked skin and a rather ruddy complexion, his fat and ill shaped lips topped with perhaps one of the most impressively bushy mustaches that has ever graced your vision. The man glances towards the back door for a second before he he lifts a meaty hand to scratch at his forehead, sending flakes of dead skin to float upon the air like odd snowflakes. "Been doin' this for more winters than I care ta remember. But ya friend there be the strangest one ta sip upon me milk I think." His voice is thick and grumbly and after he says his little piece he simply takes the steins and begins to walk off though as he rounds the bar he spouts off one final thing. "Be careful here. Don' need more mess ta clean."

XP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    +100xp for getting past the first forum page hump! One down, a whole lot more to go.
    You will taste my trident!
    Awesome Wytch Avatar by FdL!
    Designed by Wolfbane.

Behold the power of Purple Prose!

3. - Top - End - #33

Ivellios nods at the barkeep before replying to Talaitha, "A bath would be wonderful. It has been far too long since I have washed using anything other than the rain."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryver chuckles and nods. "Yez, he does need a bath." She stands and stretches. "And so do I. It haz been a while." As she pops her shoulders, she listens to the man. "Hyu do not need to worry. Ve will be fine, I am sure ov it." With that, she goes to follow Talaitha up to the room, taking her small bag with her.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

You enter into the back room which consists of a tight spiral staircase leading up to the floor above while beyond is a long, narrow hallway lined with doors and it is at one of doors further back where you find Talaitha standing. Leaning against a door frame just a scant couple of inches taller than herself. She has her pipe placed in her mouth once again, seeming to gently chew on it as she stuffs if full of a rather colorful and fragrant mixture of herbs as she seems to be pondering something. The well worn floors creak loudly with each little shift in your body weight as you step into the hall proper, the unnerving sound sending tremors down your spine for a brief moment before you no doubt move towards your newly acquired room. Talaitha looks at you as you approach and with a gentle tap from what appears to be a piece of flint her pipe is once again alight, sending that sickly sweet smoke into your nostrils once more. "Well nice to see you all here, even after our dear hosts dire warning." she chides as she gently tucks her right hand underneath the violet silk wraps that serve as her shirt and after a moment of her hands roaming she smirks, withdrawing a hand that now clutches a rather simple iron key. "So without further ado my most gracious audience I present our chamber." And with a bit of flourish she unlocks and pushes open the door, stepping into the lit room beyond.

The room is rather small, some ten by fifteen feet at the very most with a dingy looking pile of straw at the far corner covered with a thick bedroll that makes it seem to serve as a bed while the other corner holds a rather small tub full of no doubt cold water as well as a small table holding a wash basin and a few linen rags. Talaitha stops in the center of the room and turns quickly, sending her hair and belongings fluttering about her as she now comes to face the two adventures before giving a rather dramatic bow. "It isn't much but it..." she pauses to think for the briefest of seconds before she gives a slight shrug. "Well it isn't much. Lets get cozy shall we?" One of the things that do stand out once you actually enter the room is the pile of Talaitha's belongings. They consist of a doe-skin backpack that seems full of all manner of odd shaped items but that isn't what draws your eye the most by far. Leaning against the wall near the 'bed' is what appears to be a wide belt with three dark iron cases on it's backside fitted with thick, ugly bronze runes as well as a broad bandoleer. The bandoleer is fitted with all manner of oddly shaped and runed ammunition, archaic cartridged bullets no doubt designed to fit the rather elaborate pistol at her waist and even shocking still is that on the back of the bandoleer is a massive case made of the same dark iron as those on the back of the belt. The tubular case is over six feet long, no doubt almost as tall as Talaitha herself and covered in thick bronze runes that smell of smoldering lead. Perhaps not the most comfortable of bedfellows after all, but you cant help but think of the strength she must have to lug so much weight around.

(V: Sleep is for the weak!)
    Last edited by Ms.Malbolge; 2010-07-23 at 11:07 PM.
    Designed by Wolfbane.

6. - Top - End - #36

"Well, shelter is shelter, and as long as it keeps out the rain, I don't mind one bit. Now, if you'll excuse me," says Ivellios as he walks toward the tub. Pausing by the tub he looks at the women. "I hope you don't mind, but I'd rather preserve what little dignity I have."

He then drops a hand to the pouch on his belt and dips his fingers inside, pulling out what appears to be a bit of fleece. With an odd gesture and a few muttered words, a violently purple curtain appears around the tub and basin, mounted on the wooden frame that appears with it. Now satisfied that his modesty is intact, he begins to undress, taking care to fold his clothes and set them where they won't be splashed from the tub. He then picks up one of the rags and enters the tub, wincing slightly as the cold water comes into contact his skin. He then begins the much needed process of scrubbing off what appears to be several layers of dirt and grime.

Spell:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for being patient. I've been organizing an event for this weekend, so I haven't had tons of time lately. I should be able to post tomorrow, but it's also possible I won't have time as the event runs until fairly late. I hope you both are enjoying the sexy bath scene.
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2010-07-24 at 03:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryver snorts as the elf uses the image to hide his "decency". She found it a rather silly waste of energy. If he was attempting to hide himself, that makes her wonder just what he had to hide. She smirks.

Probably not a whole lot.

After a moment, the Romani settles down cross legged to pray to her goddess. One by one, she lays her tarot cards out slowly, setting each one face up. The faces of some of the cards seem dim, normal, unlike the ones that shimmer as she touches them. When she begins to ask for her spells back, they begin to glow again, their magic nature being renewed with her spells...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

And so Ivellios bathes, Ryver prays to renew her spells while Talaitha takes a seat on the bed next to her belongings going through the contents of the doe skinned backpack for sometime, content to keep herself busy while you two handle the tasks at hand. Ivellios finishes his bath before Ryver finishes her praying, and finds his clothes exactly where he left them, a bit dirty and worn as before and perhaps needing a bit of a wash themselves. After Ivellios no doubt dresses himself and dismisses his silent image he finds Ryver nearly at the end of her evening prayers while Talaitha writes in a rather thick tome bound in white leather now cracked and stained from years of travel. She looks up when Ivellios is seen and squints her eyes a bit as her gaze roams about his now clean flesh before sighing lightly. "And here I thought that you would clean up nicely... how disappointing. It's a shame really but my dear Ivy I'm afraid you're positively bland." She closes her book and as she does so Ryver's meditations end, her cards once again seeming to radiant the fickle energies of Fortuna.
    Last edited by Ms.Malbolge; 2010-07-25 at 12:41 AM.
    Designed by Wolfbane.

9. - Top - End - #39

Ivellios returns her gaze and smiles apologetically. "Alas. While I was gifted with a rather brilliant mind, I am equally plain in my appearance. Now, is there anything else that needs to be discussed before I begin to trance?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hyu mean besides trying to hide your modesty?" Ryver snickers as she shuffles her cards several times, trusting her Goddess to let her grab the right one when she needs it. "No, I do not think zo, but it vould be a good idea to get some rest." She says before settling her small bag against the wall to use as a pillow.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2010-07-25 at 08:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Talaitha sighs rather dramatically, something you've definitely noticed by now that she does a lot, and sags into her corner looking at you both meekly through her icy bangs. "Nobody appreciates good foreplay anymore. They just want to get to the business at hand." She smirks bit at her own comment before stretching out upon her bedroll, propping her head upon her hand she looks at Ryver and pats the bit of roll next to her. "Oh come now, no reason to sleep on the floor when there is plenty of bedroll to go around my darling Romani and I promise I wont bite, a nibble maybe, a bit of a chew at most but not a full bite." She leans her body against the wall, giving up as much of the small bedroll as she is able to allow for Ryver to share if she does accept, and the playful light in the odd woman's eyes lets you know that she is joking... well at least mostly joking... maybe. She yawns widely and you all recognize it as rather poorly acted for she doesn't seem the least bit tired as she nestles her white maned head into her shoulder before closing her eyes. "A big day tomorrow, I can feel it. Ivy and I need little rest but make sure you get what you can. I wonder if this place has muffins..." Her voice is faint and trails off into sleep before she even has a chance to see if Ryver accepts the offer or not, her last thoughts of the night centered on warm muffins.

Spoiler
    Show
    The night is now over. Did this post early, if you guys respond fast enough ill do another one later tonight.

Talaitha appears to be asleep but you are both able to tell that her tiredness is indeed an act, though you are unable to tell if she is really asleep or not.

And now I have a craving for muffins... Dammit!

Also, Mr. Wolfbane, my trillian appears to be on the fritz.
    Last edited by Ms.Malbolge; 2010-07-26 at 03:42 PM.
    Designed by Wolfbane.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryver raises an eyebrow at the sleeping woman, pondering the offer, but decides to accept. After all, it would be nice to sleep next to another warm body after so many nights alone. The thought makes her heart cringe at the memories of how life was on the Caravan. Everyone had been nice, warm, and more than willing to share at least their bed for the night.

Of course, there were some she had been willing to share much more with.

She sighs. It had been a much better time for the Romani. Ryver then gives a bit of a smirk at the elf. "Sleep vell. By your lonesome." She teases before picking up her "pillow" and moving to lay next to Talaitha. She gets as close as she can for the warmth before closing her eyes, relaxing fully at the faked feel of her home.

Spoiler
    Show

Try downloading MSN Messenger.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2010-07-26 at 05:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Ivellios replies to Ryver comment with a salute using his index and middle finger. He then leans back in a corner, pulls his cloak tightly around himself, and closes his eyes as he sinks into a trance.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Ivellios' trance begins to fade as the sound of a deep rumbling hum comes from the rather crowded bedroll infront of him. Eyes opening he sees that Tala is now sitting cross legged at the head of the bedroll with Ryver's head nestled into a cloth upon her lap, a small stream of drool escaping the corner of her mouth. Tala seems to gently be stroking the young gypsy's hair, loosening the red-brown strands gently before wrapping them around her long ivory fingers and placing them through the eye of a rather odd looking jade needle. It is a long moment before she realizes that Ivy is out of his trance but eventually her eyes roam over him and she smiles slightly before placing her index finger over her lips, hushing him before he even says a word.

It is an... odd thing that she is doing to the young Romani's hair as she threads it through her jade needle before placing that very same needle above the worn pages of her white leather traveling journal. Her hand hovers for a moment as her eyes seek Ivy's and you can see a bit of hesitation in them, as if she hadn't intended for anyone to see this... whatever she's doing. After the moment passes though she plunges the needle into the parchment, lambskin you guess from the sound it makes as it's punctured, and slowly she sews the hair around the page's border. "Sun is up early today. We stayed up perhaps a bit late last night." she gently whispers, words carried on the cool air of her breath as she ties off of the bit of hair she had taken from Ryver before she closes the book and puts it away. She smiles as she lowers herself over the young woman's face, gently kissing the Romani's ear which causes a small shiver to run down her still slumbering corpus. "Come and wake my little darling. It's time for muffins." she speaks softly into the Gypsy's ear as she runs a cold finger down her face, causing the young woman to stir.
    Designed by Wolfbane.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryver stirs, grumbling a bit as she's woken. She'd been having such a nice dream too. Lots of dancing, celebration..."celebration" as well. It takes the Romani a moment to realize how she was woken and she sits up a bit quickly, making sure she didn't hit anyone. Her mind snaps clear and she looks to where her head was resting. She'd blush, but she had to keep up her image, so simply smiles wryly at Talaitha. "Thank hyu. And moofins vould be wonderful." She tosses a wink at Ivy. "I hope hyu slept vell enough."

16. - Top - End - #46

"Yes, muffins would be excellent," adds Ivellios as he rises to his feet and stretches. "It has been a long time since I have had a muffin of any sort. I have almost forgotten what they taste like." He then gives Talaitha a curious stare before collecting his bag and securing his rapier to his waist.

EDIT: OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And just to clarify: are we playing where trancing takes just as long as sleeping?
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2010-07-26 at 08:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Tala stands with the others, grabbing her belt with the iron canisters and strapping it about her waist before she places the bandoleer with the six foot long iron case across her chest. It's an odd sight, seeing her with a case strapped to her back that's almost as tall as she is but the way she stands and gently sways on her feet lead you to believe that she is quite familiar with the unusual burden. After you have grabbed your more immediate possessions you are ushered out the door before Tala locks it, placing the simple key within the wraps of her 'shirt' before heading towards the main chamber.

The main hall of the inn still smells of alcohol and the grease from whatever horrid concoction was dredged up to feed the riffraff but for the most part is fairly vacant aside from the few wretches asleep before the fireplace, the once blazing fire now nothing but smoldering cinders. When you enter you notice a rather greasy and unpleasant looking woman carefully counting out a small pile of silver and copper pieces at the main bar. The woman sees you as you enter and you notice that her right hand twitches towards a rather rusty dagger laying to the side of the coins, no doubt to make any theft a bit more unappealing. "Whudda ya want?" she asks in a low growl, eyes narrowing towards the three adventurers.

Spoiler
    Show
    No. But since you have to rest for spells I plan on simply having you two "sleep" in similar time spans in order to keep things moving at the normal snails pace rather than the pace of the same snail who is now heavily encumbered.
    Last edited by Ms.Malbolge; 2010-07-27 at 04:56 PM.
    Designed by Wolfbane.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Before heading down, Ryver stops and pulls a change of clothing from her pack. If either of the two risk a look at her, they'll likely see Fortuna's Playing Hand (the five cards described from earlier), tattooed above her heart. She doesn't bother with fake modesty or trying to hide herself as she changes as her lifestyle has little use for it. After all, if you share a wagon with a few other people, you get to know each other rather well.

Once downstairs though, she gives the woman at the counter a warm smile. "Moofins. If hyu haff them. Enough for three peoples." Ryver gives the other two smirks. "But what vill you haff? Those are just for me." She says, teasing.

Really, as if Romani was going to buy them all breakfast...

19. - Top - End - #49

Ivellios opens his mouth as if to say something, but then he remembers the grease and dirt and decides that water obtained here might not be quite potable. Instead, he closes his mouth and gestures at the tables as if to say, "After you."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Tala shakes her head and heads towards the door as Ryver asks the rather dirty and greasy woman for muffins, the fact she is willing to eat anything the woman has touched going a long way to show you how low the Romani's standards may be. She leans against the door, not quite ready to open it as the woman at the bar shoots Ryver a look comprised of equal parts ire and confusion and that look alone tells you that wherever there be muffins, it is certainly not here. The deep sound of someone clearing their throat brings your attention back to Tala as she watches the exchange, bemused smile playing across her features for a moment before she nods her head towards the door. "I wouldn't suggest eating anything here. We need to go to a bakery for Muffins dears and besides, we very well can't have an adventure cooped up in a dingy little tavern like this?" With that said she opens the door and heads out into the chilly morning streets of Twin Crossings just as the woman a the bar stands up and shouts. "Whataya callin' dingy ya limp litta strumpet!?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to do two posts a day to get on with things while I still have the free time. Ivy needs to be a bit more forthcoming with stuff if anyone expects the plot to move on, aaaaand.. muffins.. yep.. good old muffins.
    Last edited by Ms.Malbolge; 2010-07-27 at 07:53 PM.
    Designed by Wolfbane.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryver laughs at the woman's look of confusion before nodding to Tala. "I noticed that much." As for her standards of food, just see where her player explained about her being on a caravan.

Her eyebrow raises at the mention of adventure as she follows them out the door. "Why? Hyu haff something planned?" She smiles at Tala and cocks her head at Ivy. "Or are hyu just wanting to keep me entertained by putting him in awkward places?"

Yes, she finds it fun to tease the elf and she'll keep doing it no matter what he says.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2010-07-27 at 08:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

After he walks outside, Ivellios shoots a glance back at the bar before turning to his companions. "I'm quite glad that we aren't dining in there this morning. I have eaten in many establishments of varied quality and cleanliness, but this one very nearly reaches the bottom of the list on both accounts," he says with a slight smile. Then his face takes on a more serious cast as he asks, "And I'll second Ryver's question. Did you have a particular adventure in mind? I was rather hoping to be on my way as soon as possible, and an out-of-the-way adventure may mean that I will need to make the journey by myself. There are certain things that can only wait so long."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the lack of plot driven dialogue. I'm used to DMing, so I'm still getting used to this new way f doing things. Is that better, or do you want more? What kind of thing are you looking for?

23. - Top - End - #53

Ivellios turns to Ryver as they move toward the bakery. "So, where I came from, most of the Fortuna clergy were regarded as little more than fortune tellers. However, they were right often enough that even those that scoffed at them purchased their services. Do you also subscribe to that lifestyle, or is there something else you want from Fortuna?"

Then the elf pauses, considering what he has just said. "Forgive me if I seem too forward. I don't mean to pry, simply to know a bit more about my travelling companions."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryver laughs. "No, it iz fine to ask of such things." He takes out her deck of cards and begins shuffling them. "Many ov us are such things. Our Fortune tellers may be charlatans, but remember, even charlatans may be right. For ze right price." She begins to mess with the cards, throwing from hand to hand, preforming tricks, even making the occasional one vanish. "Fortuna doesn't truely tell us the future, merely the possibilities."

The cards vanish into one hand before finally being put back into her pocket. "As for my wants and desires, vhat do hyu think they are?" The Romani says with a smirk.

25. - Top - End - #55

"Well," replies the elf with a smile, "your greatest desire seems to be to make me as uncomfortable as possible. I am deeply sorry to disappoint you, but although I might be a bit on the formal side, my tolerance for slights and teasing is rather higher than one might think. Sometime I should take you to a more formal setting, and see how you fare when the tables have turned."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

The Romani simply chortles at that. "I am sure I vill surprise hyu. I haff been in many formal situations before." She gives a wink. "Though, I doubt in the way hyu think." She draws one of her cards, The Lovers. "There are many peoples who are villing to pay for a good companion for the night. Or at least appear to haff a companion." Ryver says with a slight chuckle.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

You cross the threshold of the inn and head outside into the crisp morning air that seems to cut through your clothing, sending you both a shiver for several moments before you adjust. Tala remains quiet for a bit as the two of you talk amongst yourselves, letting you get to know each other a bit as she takes in the poorly constructed wooden buildings crammed between massive stone warehouses that seem to be the common scenery this close to the river. As you head north west, no doubt following the tall woman to muffins, you notice that the few people who are roaming about seem to change. Gone are the rags and the stench of fish and salt that seemed so heavy about the warehouses, now replaced by simple but heavy and proper clothing as well as the scents of all manner of food and spices. Deeper into this part of the city you head, the minutes passing by before Tala decides to answer your original questions.

"My little street rat I don't think I'll be leading you to anything aside from a muffin this day." she says, tone sounding like a bemused growl. "I informed you last night I would accompany you mainly to observe and record your stories did I not? Besides, I carry enough burdens my dears so forgive me if I decide not to carry you as well. So if you wish my aid in a more direct manner, well you'll have to earn that I'm afraid." There is no real malice in her tone, nor is she chiding as far as you can tell.

She takes a turn down a narrow street once she is finished talking and the smell of baking bread hits you square in the face and it isn't long before you find yourselves following her inside a rather small establishment that seems to deal primarily in pastries and sweet rolls. Inside the small building the walls are lined with thick wooden shelves holding all manner of things such as small jars labeled as honey-pickled peaches to broad loaves of cinnamon bread. The counter, for there is always a counter in such establishments, is on the far side of the small chamber behind which a stout door stands, no doubt leading to the ovens in back. It's very warm in this place and if the shelves and counters are to give you any idea it would seem any manner of sweet bread can be found here.
    Designed by Wolfbane.

28. - Top - End - #58

Breathing in the scent of fresh pastries deeply, choosing his next words carefully. These are, after all, the first companions he has had in over a year, and does not wish to part with them so soon after meeting them, even if does lead him out of the way for a while.

"I was simply wishing that our adventures lay along the same road. If that is not the case, I would still be willing to devote a few days to your affairs if that is what is required. But for now, I believe that less talk should be about our future and should instead be focused on the present," says Ivellios, rubbing his stomach. "I'm hungry enough that if I do not find sustenance soon, I fear I shall not last until even midday."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryver raises an eyebrow and begins tapping her foot a bit, shaking her head. "If I recall...we said we'd be following hyu. I will follow her az far az the moofins though." She begins to follow Tala again as she draws a card from her pocket, Fortune, though instead of Fortuna and her wheel, it's an image of a large pile of coins. "Besides, Fortuna told me I'd get lucky if I followed hyu."

30. - Top - End - #60

Raising an eyebrow at Ryver, the elf replies, "Just checking to make sure that all is still well. First muffins, then onward to Calaya!"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, misread that last post and got mixed up. My bad. I'll start reading more carefully when I'm tired.

EDIT: Fixed spelling.
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2010-08-02 at 09:06 PM.