New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Of Blood and Ash.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

AS? I think that it's gotten a bit obvious that we're hinting rather heavily for your character to tell us why he's in Twin Crossings. I know your character's Wis score is a tad low, but still...

I thought we were being blunter than a river rock.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sort of hinting, heavily... since the tavern 'tell me a story' scene yeah.

The world is a sandbox yeah, so if you wish to sort of throw your whole murdered family plot by the wayside for now feel free.

But I think you forgot why your char is where he is at this point. The second player seems to have picked up on the hints, but this part of the plot, in fact just about all of the main plot (since it started as a solo game) is tied around you. So yeah.

(post will be after AS's response to this occ statement.)
    Last edited by Ms.Malbolge; 2010-08-03 at 03:16 PM.
    You will taste my trident!
    Awesome Wytch Avatar by FdL!
    Designed by Wolfbane.

Behold the power of Purple Prose!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I thought that you said you (Ms.Malborge) had a plot laid out, and I guess I totally missed the fact that it was supposed to be more sandbox-y. I also thought it would be kind of weird to let these total strangers know his life story, especially when there are people out looking for him. However, now that I know what is expected, I will respond accordingly.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

So AS you didn't respond to my PM that I sent you while you were online an hour ago. So we do this publicly.

Warning, this post contains a DM rant.

Viewer discretion is advised.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay. Here we go.

First off, no the game isn't supposed to be 'sandbox-y' but it is based upon the uninspired story of a young mer having his family murdered and his decades long search for vengeance.

Now, you find yourself in this bloody cold city that no one visits just for holiday for one reason, given to you in the first post. That reason is to find one person who was an old contact of your family. His name is Vern Hornshard.

That's it. The only reason you're here.

Now for all intents and purposes from your characters IC interactions to your OOC posts it seems fairly evident that you have completely forgotten that you are here solely to find this guy. This. One. Single. Solitary. Person.

Now, since you don't have MSN like I asked you to get, and if you did get it I haven't seen you log on a single time so either way, you aren't around to chat with when it comes to remembering or developing plots with like the other player. Which means tweaking facts and whatnot and discussing details is made fairly difficult when even the most basic conversation is seeming to take 2-7 days.

Also, I've tried to get you to divulge the reason you're in Twin Crossings several times in character (the reason being you're looking for a guy named Vern).

Now I'm not saying to tell your whole life-story to every stranger you meet.

But how do you expect to find this guy you're looking for. If you never, ever mention his bloody name.

Hrm?

So your character seems to be more focused on Calaya or whatever where you met some random throw away love interest that you developed on the drop of a hat. Now yes we can explore that but is that really more important to your character than your entire family butchered, you getting the blame for over two decades and you not even really knowing why?

So yeah, I think there might be some character priority issues here, or you like to make DMs angry.

Either way, this game is on the verge of getting thrown out. Because if feels like it's just getting stalled at this point.

Spoiler
    Show
    And yes, not sharing information that is vital for the plot to move forward is just being a bad player, no excuses.

Maybe this all makes me a bad DM in some people's eyes, maybe not. Either way I've just grown weary of it and that happening so early in a game isn't a good sign for me.
    Last edited by Ms.Malbolge; 2010-08-03 at 05:25 PM.
    Designed by Wolfbane.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Again, sorry for the miscommunication. I thought that Vern was the name of the location (and in all fairness, that was a lot of text in the first post). And I thought that things had changed a little since Wolfbane joined, so that it would be more inclusive of both of us rather than just my characters goals and ambitions, and I forgot that little line about looking for contacts, so my bad.

All in all, there has been a lot of miscommunication going on, which appears to largely be my fault. I am sorry for dragging this on as long as I have, and I am willing to get things back on track if you are willing to forgive me.

P.S.-I do have MSN, as I told you right after we started. I got it specifically for this game, and if you need me to resend my username, let me know.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most of this game is about finding clues, sometimes very subtle ones, buried in the apparently daunting walls of text.

Yeah, I over describe stuff, or so some people tell me. I do that because it's good to be reminded of the details when a scene can last several weeks.

But if this is happening so early in the game with some fairly simple stuff, then you have no chance in hell later on when things start to get really vague.

So with no hard feelings, I called the game over and done as of 5:30pm central time to Wolfbane on MSN, and will not overturn that decision.

Sorry that it came to this and I bear you no hard feelings or malice. You are more than welcome to apply to later games that I run as anyone else would.

But let me just say that this is in no way Wolfbane's fault, since I know you were nervous about a second player joining due to you apparently getting burned by other players disappearing on you in the past.

I wish you good luck in future games.

Ciao.
    Designed by Wolfbane.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

GAME OVER.