New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Legacies of the Last War (IC)

Noon
    Nymm 12, Y.K. 988
    Undisclosed Location, Vicinity of New Cyre, Breland

A few days ago, each of you received a missive from Prince Oargev ir'Wynarn of Cyre, detailing a mission of vital importance. No other information was given aside from a place and time for the meeting, the code word is 'Thunder' and that discretion is necessary.

The date came and you arrived a few minutes before the designated time. The location for the meeting is a small barren cave on the outskirts of New Cyre. The three of you notice a shadow approaching from within the cave.

"Flash." Was all the shadow said.
    Real Men Ride Loli Mechs

Spoiler
    Show
    Chinese Federation
    Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Military (MIL): +++++
    Espionage (ESP): ++++
    Economy (ECON): ++-
    Research (RES): ++
    Morale (MOR): ++++
    World Opinion (WO): ++++ (Unaligned)

Silverstone: 4

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Legacies of the Last War (IC)

The missive said to meet in this cave, and here he was.. Thunder. How may I serve Cyre?

((let's get this started.....))

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Janos

As the shadow approached Janos' grip around the handle of his warhammer tightened, but he did not speak as his companion called out. His black plate armor squeaked as he carefully shifted his position to have a better look at the figure that approached.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for not posting earlier, I just started a new job and we've had 9-10 hrs of workshops and stuff from thursday to saturday.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Kellin

Greatsword slung over his back, Kellin fingered the hilt of his sheathed longsword as the shadow approached. "Thunder, as the 'forged has said." He says, eyes straining to make out details in the darkness, holding one hand above his eyes to shield out the glare from the sun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen/Spot to see if anyone followed Kellin while he was coming out here. Given that it's supposed to have been secret he would have snuck here as well.

Listen (1d20+10)[20]
    Spot (1d20+10)[19]

Hide (1d20+18)[28]
    Move Silently (1d20+18)[37]
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

5. - Top - End - #5

Spoiler
    Show
    Your senses tell you that there is another one within the cover of the cave, but it doesn't make a point to hide itself.

"His Highness has been expecting you." The shadow revealed himself. He was wearing a cloak which concealed most of his features, but how he composed himself, he was battle-hardened.

Another shadow emerged from the cave, but this time, you recognize him as Prince Oargev.

"I must apologize for the circumstances of our meeting, but secrecy is of the utmost importance. You may or may not have known each other, but I have chosen you as I believe that you are suited for the mission."

The cloaked figure hands you a dossier, and a Letter of Credit.

"I need you to find Caius d'Cannith, an excoriate. Intelligence gathered by our operatives states that he possesses information about the Mourning." Prince Oargev gives a slight pause to emphasize the fact.

"He has been on the run for the past years, but we have tracked him to the village of Skullreave, in Darguun. Find him, and obtain any and all information you can. If possible, bring him back alive. You are permitted to use the funds in the Letter of Credit for the mission. Any questions?"

Dossier
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Cauis d'Cannith
    Race: Human
    Height and Weight: 5'11" / 169 lbs
    Notable Traits: White hair, blue eyes, has a scar running over his nose and one on his neck. He lost his right ring finger. A circular tattoo is inked on the palm of his left hand.

Cauis is a researcher who studied arcane energies and it's application for weapons. The reasons for his excoriation is unknown. He was last seen in Skullreave a week ago, with severe injuries. He is under the protection of the local hobgoblin warlord Kallaad Harr'keis.
    Last edited by Kommisar Engel; 2011-06-21 at 10:20 AM.
    Real Men Ride Loli Mechs

Spoiler
    Show
    Chinese Federation
    Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Military (MIL): +++++
    Espionage (ESP): ++++
    Economy (ECON): ++-
    Research (RES): ++
    Morale (MOR): ++++
    World Opinion (WO): ++++ (Unaligned)

Silverstone: 4

6. - Top - End - #6
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Kellin

At the sight of the Prince, Kellin immediately drops to one knee and bows his head. "My lord." Kellin raises his head and stands up to receive the dossier, his eyes narrowing at the mention of the Mourning. "Of course, your highness. I will bring him to you."

He glances at the dossier for a moment before passing it on. "Skullreave...we could take the trade road to Kennrun and then cut south across country, hugging the mountain and hoping to avoid any goblin patrols. Or try going over the mountain." He looks at the two besides him. "I fear going that path as we are too few in number to deal with any emergencies. Besides, it shouldn't be hard to get passage on one of Orien's caravan's going east."

He looks back to the Prince. "The only question I have, my lord, is whether this Harr'keis is to receive any special dispensation...or are we free to do as the situation demands?" Almost as an afterthought he turns to his new traveling companions. "By the by, I am Kerrin of Herana."
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Janos

The short dwarf manages a quick and awkward bow before his price.
    "My lord, I am honored to serve you and our country." He rumbles before standing up straight again.
    After reading the dossier he looks at Kellin and nods. "Well met, Kellin, my name is Janos Gravamen. He fingers absentmindedly on the handle of his hammer while thinking out loud.
    "I agree with your choice, taking the route over the mountain will require more men and will probably draw more attention to us than just going around. We should have no trouble disguising ourselves as simple mercenaries."
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.