Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Into the White

1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Into the White

@DM
    Spoiler
    Show

OK guys... It's a deal then... How are we gonna do this???

Awesome and unique avatar by QWERNT!
    Spoiler
    Show

"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements."

"That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?"

"You did. Ten years from now."

Commander William Riker & Zefram Cochrane in the Pheonix's Cockpit - Star Trek First Contact

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Wildgeist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gnomes lead you out of the tavern and several doors down, before ducking down a tiny alley. They stop a few steps in, motioning for you to stay, and the youngest goes ahead, heading down a recessed flight of stairs several feet ahead.

A short amount of time passes before the middle brother nods. The eldest grins. "That's the minute mark. He's there, as I thought. Wait another thirty counts, then you can head in. Tamlin'll be the one we're talking with." With that, both of them set off after the first.

The stairs lead to a small basement tavern, rather warmer than the chill air above. A dirty bar lines the back end of the room, although the glasses are clean, and five haphazardly placed tables clutter the floor. Two halflings sit at one in the middle, and Tamlin and the gnomes are at the one in the far corner. Tamlin sits facing the door, and he ducks his scarred and slightly twisted face lower as you enter, but he is tall for a dwarf, and can't exactly hide behind a gnome. He doesn't act otherwise; you note that the place seems to have only one entrance, and you're standing in it. Perhaps he's simply hoping you won't notice him.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

@DM

Spoiler
    Show

Reactive Spot: (1d20+2)[16]
    Reactive Listen: (1d20+4)[5]
    Proactive Search anything suspicious: (1d20+2)[3]
    Carefully Wildgeist walks toward the gnomes and the dwarf and seats in the table while staring the stablishment.

Hi there, Mister Tamlin. I've heard a lot of you. You've made yourself quite a fame!!!

Diplomacy: (1d20-2)[2]
    Reactive Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[17]

Spoiler
    Show

"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements."

Commander William Riker & Zefram Cochrane in the Pheonix's Cockpit - Star Trek First Contact

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Wildgeist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The youngest gnome looks up at you, then glances back at Tamlin with a grin. "Attracting admirers, Tamlin? I thought you kept a low profile?"

The dwarf scowls, squinting at you suspiciously. "No one I know. I've no business with you, go away." Of course, you recognize him clearly as the dwarf you saw at the Darkwater Run this morning - his face isn't exactly easy to disguise - so he's not being entirely truthful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

@DM

Spoiler
    Show

You know, maybe your memory is failing 'cause you're not feeling quite good... You look kind of "sick"... Well, not as "sick" as an elf-woman I met recently... By any chance you may know anything about it... Mister Tamlin???

Diplomacy: (1d20-2)[10]
    Reactive Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Wildgeist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dwarf glares at you. "Look, I don't know what you're implying, but I don't hurt people."

"Unless they rip you off," offers the youngest gnome.

"Unless they rip me off," agrees Tamlin, nodding.

"Or steal your finds," says the eldest, a faint smile on his face.

"Or steal my finds."

"Or get there first."

"Or... hey, that's not true and you know it!" The dwarf growls in frustration, making a gesture as if brushing dust off an invisible table. "Enough of this. Look, the point is, this isn't an illness and it isn't catching, so whatever pretty little elf's got you running all 'round town, I've got nothing to do with it." Tamlin is either perfectly honest or a very good liar - you can't really tell either way.

Henri and Ameretat:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anything in particular you'd like to do while you wait for Wildgeist to return?
    Last edited by Sallera; 2010-09-03 at 08:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

@Sallera
    Spoiler
    Show

Well... not much I can talk about with a paraplejic elf woman...

I think I'll keep on guarding her, until anything happens...

Spoiler
    Show

Arena Characters

Abogralia2
    Aguacatl
    Kiranova
    Mariachi Orco
    Ranko

Retired
    Zkai
    Abogralia
    Oro

High Referee

Medals

Campaign

The Second Draconic War
    Into the White

Arena Tournament

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sallera, Ameretat

Spoiler
    Show
    Presumably at some point here Henri gets his new spells for the day, and immediately casts Detect Poison and inspects the elf.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Henri:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's definitely been poisoned. The presence you feel is not strong - there isn't enough in her system to cause continuing damage - but whatever inflicted it was recent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

10. - Top - End - #220

Sallera, Ameretat

Spoiler
    Show
    Poison, sure enough. It's not getting worse, but unless we do something, it might not get better. I know there are spells and potions to clear it up, but we can't possibly afford them, and even Darkwater might balk at the cost. Hopefully Wildgeist figures out who is behind this, so we can press them for what type of poison it is, and possibly the antidote.

DC 20 Wisdom check to identify poison: (1d20+3)[19]

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

@DM

Spoiler
    Show

Changing a little his attitude but trying to be as discreet as possible Wildgeist continues...
    Listen to me little deceitful pal. You and I know exactly what I'm talking about and that you can give me the information I need, so cut the crap or I'll have to get a little more persuasive,Pal...

Bluff: (1d20-2)[12]
    Perform (Act Agressively): (1d20-2)[5]
    Intimidate: (1d20-2)[11]
    Reactive Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Wildgeist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamlin rolls his eyes, clearly unimpressed. "As a matter of fact, no, I don't know what you're talking about, because you insist on speaking in poorly-wrought insinuations. Get to the point, if you have one, afore I introduce your shins to my boots."

"So violent," mutter the gnomes in a false aside. "Really now, what were we just talking about?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

@DM

Spoiler
    Show

OK, my little sturdy friend... Did you sell recently a coinbox to any elf woman??? The last few days??? Yesterday maybe??? If you did, it's vital to me that you give any information of the origins or the source of such box.

Dilpomacy: (1d20-2)[16]
    Gather Information: (1d20-2)[0]
    Reactive Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Wildgeist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dwarf sighs, throwing up his arms in mock despair. "Fine, that I can tell you, if it'll get you to leave me alone. No, I didn't sell any coinboxes. I do happen to trade in old coins, however, and I may have dropped one or two of them in the hall last night. Who knows what things from old ruins might be capable of? Mayhaps you ought to check the contents of that coinbox."

"Now then, we're done here. If you ever talk to me again, it had best be to tell me Darkwater won't be kicking me out next time I stop by."
    Rising stiffly, Tamlin heads for the exit, pursued by a few giggles from the gnomes.

The eldest gestures to the recently vacated chair. "Now then, I believe you had something to show us?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

@DM

Spoiler
    Show

OK gentlemen, Follow me please and I'll show you as agreed.

After that Wildgeist and the Gnomes walk swiftly through the town untill they arrive to Darkwater's inn.

Is anyone there??? Amy??? Henri??? Mr. Darkwater??? I've brought some guests...
    Last edited by Wildgeist; 2010-09-14 at 02:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, Mr. Darkwater, it 'as been so long since we last visited your fine establishment." The three gnomes swiftly appropriate a table. "We'll wait here for you, friend. Don't take too long. I don't suppose we could get one of your fine reds, Darkwater?"

The keeper nods, recognition spreading over his face. "Ah, yes, of course." He swiftly vanishes into the cellar again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

17. - Top - End - #227

Henri greets Wild as he comes through the door. Hello, Wildgeist. Come in! I've determined it is, in fact, poison that affects this woman, but what kind is another matter. Do you have any new information that might help determine which poison afflicts her, or how she got this way?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately, blood brother, I only managed to determine that Tamlin may have dropped some old coins he trades. Although in the way getting to Tamlin I came to meet these nice folks... Orcish
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really don't know if they are good or bad people, we should be cautious with them. Don't loose them from sight.
    I have something to show them but maybe after that they might help us in our matter.... Obviously, if Mr. Darkwater agrees. I'll be back shortly.

After saying that Wildgeist goes to look for the chest Maltek gave him, and in the way to the room, he stopped swiftly in the elven woman's room and said quietly to Amererat:

Amy, stay put in case we need your help down there. Hope not but there might be a little combat. The password for fight will be, "May Kord guide your path".

After that, Wildgeist gets his chest and goes back to the Gnomes being carefull of standing between the gnomes in the table and the main exit.

Here pals, It's not that marvelous but I've become fond of it so be carefull with it. Tell me if there is something special about it.

After saying that Wildgeist lays the chest on top of the table and keep's both eyes with full attention on the gnomes.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[5]
    Gather Information: (1d20-2)[12]
    Reactive Listen: (1d20+4)[8]
    Reactive Spot: (1d20+2)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Both of the other gnomes turn to look at the middle brother, who simply nods and opens the box. He studies the inside for a moment, then presses down on a pair of hidden catches, and the middle half of the box's bottom opens up, revealing a thin compartment containing three vials wrapped in a tiny scroll. He hands the letter to the elder, pocketing the vials, and silently shows you how to operate the hidden compartment before closing the box and giving it back to you.

"Ha, he did it! And three, as well; I see your stories of his prowess underestimated him," whispers the youngest gnome, grinning widely as he watches the elder read the parchment.

"Our mutual friend seems at times to 'ave prescience beyond his lot, but I suspect that sometimes 'e simply trusts to luck." The eldest is smiling as well, and hands you a small pouch of coins with a wink, raising his voice slightly. "Our thanks for delivering this message, friend; 'ere be the standard courier's fee of twenty silver." A quick look inside the pouch, however, reveals the whitish gleam of platinum. Quite a valuable... letter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

20. - Top - End - #230

Henri is concerned at Wild's description of their visitors, and leaves the elf for a moment in Ameretat's care in order to follow Wild out and make sure the goblins do not attempt to abscond with his treasured heirloom.

Orcish

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to come with you, make sure they don't try to pull a fast one. Social situations aren't my forte, but if it comes to a fight, I'll show 'em what for.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

After putting the coin pouch inside his clothes, Wildgeist Says:

Excuse me gentlemen and I don't mean to be ungratefull by saying these, but if you're trying to get out of here with those vials, at least you could explain me what that letter says and how you came to know Tordek???

After saying that Wildgeist stands his ground and waits patiently for an answer.

Gather Information:(1d20-2)[2]
    Sense Motive:(1d20+2)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

"'Tordek,' as you call 'im, is quite famous in certain circles. Of course, that's no longer going to be quite so much the case." He waves the letter idly. "Seems 'e's retired. Took quite a liking to that jungle of yours, and no one's going to come bothering 'im down there, so 'e seems to have chosen a good spot."

The younger whispers to you. Wildgeist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Incidentally, I don't know whether you know his other name, but you're wise not to use it where others could hear. Like he said - famous."
    Last edited by Sallera; 2010-09-14 at 11:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Still, I don't know if I should let you go with those vials... My friend told me to keep well guarded and safe that chest. He never told me to deliver anything to anyone... Besides I really don't know who you folks are. And you don't help me understand your relationship with my friend.

After saying that Wildgeist stands his ground and waits patiently for an answer.

Gather Information:(1d20-2)[0]
    Sense Motive:(1d20+2)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

The eldest taps the tattoo on his cheek. "Clan Dain, loyal servants of the gnomish race - which, at the moment, is pretty much just Lerin's people 'ere, so 'ere is where we are. Our mutual friend was not part of the clan, but we've utilized 'is services many times in the past, back when we all lived in the East."

The youngest nods, giving you a conciliatory look. "You needn't be angry that he didn't tell you. It's not a matter of trust, it's just how he works. He never tells anyone what he's doing. Some say he can see into the future, and predict where paths will cross."

The elder shrugs, raising a hand carelessly. "Most like 'e's simply very good. Although I won't deny 'e might be blessed, for luck certainly did seem to fall in 'is favour more often than not."

Wildgeist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're not lying to you.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2010-09-15 at 12:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

25. - Top - End - #235

Henri whispers to Wildgeist in Orcish.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does it seem that they speak true?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Orcish
    Spoiler
    Show

Seems they are friends and they speek truthfully. Lets trust them.

Very well, I will believe you. And I think a proper introduction should be adecuate. I am Wildgeist, son of Teufelwucht. I'd be honored to know your names.
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Ameretat nods with her head to Wildgeist and keeps her attention in guarding the elf woman.
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Characters

Abogralia2
    Aguacatl
    Kiranova
    Mariachi Orco
    Ranko

Retired
    Zkai
    Abogralia
    Oro

High Referee

Medals

Campaign

The Second Draconic War
    Into the White

Arena Tournament

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

The middle brother shrugs, then nods to the other two, just as Darkwater reappears with a bottle of wine. The eldest pours for everyone before offering his name. "I am known as Tash, and this is Navin."

"And I'm Aiel." The youngest pushes two cups of wine toward you, raising his own.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

29. - Top - End - #239

Henri, wanting not to be rude, takes the glass, raises it in turn, and takes a slight sip from it. Greetings. I am Henri Duchamp, something of a traveling companion for Wildgeist here.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Well then Tash, now I must ask you a favor. We have a magical poison problem with an elf woman and some magic coins... Could you help us with any knowledge or skill you possess???
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Character

Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0