Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 500

Thread: Into the White

  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    Tash taps a finger slowly on the side of his chin. "Mm, this is about what you discussed with Tamlin? None of us are 'ealers, but I'd advise you to look into what 'e suggested. Regardless of the language 'e 'id it in, 'e won't want you coming back to bother 'im, so I reckon 'e spoke true."

    Aiel nods, his expression betraying - perhaps - a hint of concern. "If it's just one exposure to the poison, and she's not dead yet, she'll probably recover eventually if you keep her away from the source. I don't know much about curses, but Tamlin does, usually from being on the receiving end of them. If that's what he says it is..."
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    What are they talking about, Wild? Did this Tamlin have more information on the poison?

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Wildgeist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Really not much....Just that he traded some old coins around here earlier and that he will leave me with no possibility to give grandchildren to my father if I ever bother him again... Wildgeist finishes his phrase with some giggles...
    Awesome and unique avatar by QWERNT!
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements."

    "That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?"

    "You did. Ten years from now."

    Commander William Riker & Zefram Cochrane in the Pheonix's Cockpit - Star Trek First Contact


    Arena Character

    Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0


  4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Hmm....so perhaps it was the coins, and not the coinbox, that was the problem. Excuse me, friends of Wildgeist.

    Henri rushes back to the room, and casts Detect Poison again, this time targeting the coins in the coinbox.

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    Henri:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're not quite sure what you detect. There is certainly something in there, but it feels almost as though you are sensing only the movement of air against an unseen veil. Directly speaking, you don't detect any poison in the coins. But whatever you sense through the spell is in there somewhere.
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Henri stands back from the coins in concern, and turns to Ameretat.

    Whatever has happened to these coins, they are definitely the source of the maiden's condition. The coinbox must merely have been permeated by their taint. We need to turn up something to collect them with, and then find a way to dispose of them safely. Perhaps bury them, or toss them in the river? I hate to get rid of money, but I suspect it would cost more to clear the miasma from them than they are worth.

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Ameretat gets surprised and opens her eyes wide open... "Throw... money... river? Never put those words in the same sentence again, please. You're giving me a heart attack. Are you sure there is no way to clean it? somehow?"
    Avatar by Qwernt
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arena Characters

    Abogralia2
    Aguacatl
    Kiranova
    Mariachi Orco
    Ranko

    Retired
    Zkai
    Abogralia
    Oro

    High Referee

    Medals




    Campaign

    The Second Draconic War
    Into the White

    Arena Tournament

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Nothing I know of. But if you'd rather, we can always just bury it somewhere when we head out of town with that fur merchant tomorrow. Mark the location for later retrieval, should some way be found to free it of its curse. Of course, technically it's not our money, but I doubt the elf woman wants it, after what it has put her through. By the by, it seems she'll be recovering naturally, so we should probably tell Darkwater that. I imagine he'll be relieved. I can watch her if you want to go tell him, since you and Wild seem to be more at home with social situations than I am.

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Ameretat nods, gives a palm on the elf shoulder and goes downstairs...

    "Well, so who might you be? And what is our current status Wildgeist?"
    Avatar by Qwernt
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arena Characters

    Abogralia2
    Aguacatl
    Kiranova
    Mariachi Orco
    Ranko

    Retired
    Zkai
    Abogralia
    Oro

    High Referee

    Medals




    Campaign

    The Second Draconic War
    Into the White

    Arena Tournament

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Wildgeist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    They are my newly acquired friends Tash, Navin and Aiel; of the Clan Dain, loyal servants of the gnomish race. And don't worry, all has been talked over and they represent no threat to us, at least that's what they have proved. Actually, maybe they can tell us about the trading routes to the north were we are heading or if they know anything about Olain the fur-trader.

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Just to be sure, Tash gave me how much Platinum??? I think it is 20 pieces but want to be sure for sheet update.
    Awesome and unique avatar by QWERNT!
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements."

    "That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?"

    "You did. Ten years from now."

    Commander William Riker & Zefram Cochrane in the Pheonix's Cockpit - Star Trek First Contact


    Arena Character

    Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0


  11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    "Olain? 'e's fairly skilled. Braver than most, too, so 'e 'asn't lost as much business as some."

    "We don't head out of town much, but there's definitely been some sort of trouble with the fur supply. Shops all over town are having problems keeping stocked."

    Wildgeist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Correct.
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Wildgeist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Trouble??? What sort of trouble???

    And, so Olain is trustworthy of his word and intentions???
    Awesome and unique avatar by QWERNT!
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements."

    "That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?"

    "You did. Ten years from now."

    Commander William Riker & Zefram Cochrane in the Pheonix's Cockpit - Star Trek First Contact


    Arena Character

    Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0


  13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    Navin nods in reply to your concerns, his sole contribution to the conversation.

    Aiel shrugs, pouring another cup of wine. "It's hard to say for certain. Too far north for reliable information to come back; could be infighting, could be the hunters aren't finding prey, could be someone's gone and insulted someone important. We've been more concerned with the city itself and the inland settlers."
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Wildgeist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    And why is that???
    Awesome and unique avatar by QWERNT!
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements."

    "That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?"

    "You did. Ten years from now."

    Commander William Riker & Zefram Cochrane in the Pheonix's Cockpit - Star Trek First Contact


    Arena Character

    Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0


  15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    "Well, it's not really our problem, you know? Our duty is to the gnomes, not the entire continent. There's only so much we can accomplish, and a reduction in the fur trade just isn't important enough to worry about overmuch."
    Last edited by Sallera; 2010-09-23 at 05:36 PM.
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Wildgeist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Hehehe... What I meant was, what's happening round here that you've been more concerned with the city itself and the inland settlers???
    Awesome and unique avatar by QWERNT!
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements."

    "That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?"

    "You did. Ten years from now."

    Commander William Riker & Zefram Cochrane in the Pheonix's Cockpit - Star Trek First Contact


    Arena Character

    Wildgeist W/L 3/1
    Der Tierhüter W/L 0/0


  17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    "Well, that's not concerned as in 'worried,' just concerned as in 'the area we pay attention to.' I try to avoid talking about politics."

    "Most of us do," adds Tash. "Plenty to do to support a community of exiles and refugees."
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    "Then perhaps you may want to speak of business? I like to hear of any way I can get my hands in some extra coins "
    Avatar by Qwernt
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arena Characters

    Abogralia2
    Aguacatl
    Kiranova
    Mariachi Orco
    Ranko

    Retired
    Zkai
    Abogralia
    Oro

    High Referee

    Medals




    Campaign

    The Second Draconic War
    Into the White

    Arena Tournament

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    "Mm, well, we're not usually in the 'abit of 'iring others, but you 'ave 'elped us out once, even if it was only in trade. Might be we'll keep it in mind if we ever find ourselves in need of extra bodies. For now, though, I think we should leave you to your business. You seem to 'ave things to take care of." Tash rises and heads for the door, shortly followed by Navin.

    Aiel lingers a little longer, finishing his wine and leaving a pair of coins on the table before rising to leave himself. "Friend of a friend can mean a fair bit, when it's the right friend. Wouldn't be surprised if we see each other again. Until then, good fortune and fair weather to you on your journeys."
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    "Good fortune to you too, fella'"
    Avatar by Qwernt
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arena Characters

    Abogralia2
    Aguacatl
    Kiranova
    Mariachi Orco
    Ranko

    Retired
    Zkai
    Abogralia
    Oro

    High Referee

    Medals




    Campaign

    The Second Draconic War
    Into the White

    Arena Tournament

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Since the elf's poisoning was both accidental and non-fatal, Henri ventures out from the room, and seeing his comrades locked in conversation with the gnomes, decides to seek out Darkwater himself to tell him how the situation had been resolved.

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    Darkwater nods to you as the gnomes depart, leaving the common room empty once more. "What have you learned? I'd be most appreciative if we can get this dealt with before customers start showing up for the evening."
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    The matter is basically settled. Her poisoning was accidental; apparently the coins I heard the night before came from that foul-tempered dwarf, Tamlin. He had acquired them from somewhere, but was unaware that some sort of curse or miasma lay about them, and they must have rolled into the woman's room after he dropped them. The woman was stricken ill by this unfortunate happenstance, but by all accounts she has come through the worst of it, and while there are magics to speed her recovery, she'll be fine without them if just given a bit of time. So no worries; there's no one targeting your business, or making an attempt on the poor woman's life. Just garden variety bad luck.

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    Darkwater sighs, shaking his head. "That dwarf never did learn how to keep his fingers out of places they don't belong. This I can work with, at least. I'll leave her the room until she wakes. Have you dealt with the coins causing the problem?"
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    We intend to dispose of them when we leave the city tomorrow. Be sure to let the woman know this is why she will find herself short a few gold pieces, so she doesn't peg us as thieves.

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    "Good enough. Well, I'll trust you to finish the job." Moving aside several brightly coloured bottles behind the bar, Darkwater retrieves three small bottles, containing a clear liquid that seems to shimmer faintly in the low light. "These are of Tai Go make, one of their finest concoctions. I don't know the process they use, exactly, but it produces results matched by no one else, and the dwarves are fond of carrying one of these around for emergencies. They'll heal wounds and remove fatigue, and they taste wonderful - light, airy, and strongly floral."

    He slides the bottles across the bar to you. "And, of course, you three will always be welcome here as long as I have room available."

    Spoiler
    Show
    In game terms, a bottle of Tai Go orchid spirits will heal 1d8+2 damage, cure fatigue, and make you immune to fatigue for 10 minutes.
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Henri brightens as he hears of the beverage's potent abilities. Many thanks! I suspect these will be of use where we're going. And I suspect we'll see each other again. Until then, good fortune with your business and your life.

    Henri heads back to the room, stopping by his comrades to tell them that he's retiring for the night, looking to get as much sleep as he can before they depart.

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    "Good night big fella'" as Ameretat goes to sleep as well...
    Avatar by Qwernt
    Spoiler
    Show

    Arena Characters

    Abogralia2
    Aguacatl
    Kiranova
    Mariachi Orco
    Ranko

    Retired
    Zkai
    Abogralia
    Oro

    High Referee

    Medals




    Campaign

    The Second Draconic War
    Into the White

    Arena Tournament

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Into the White

    The day dawns cold and bright, with passing clouds forming a swiftly moving network of patchy shadows across the city. A strong wind rattles the shutters slightly, but they are firmly set in the wall, and even today's weather does not threaten to dislodge them. Breakfast at the Darkwater Run is once again porridge, and Darkwater seems well stocked with cinnamon. Any who care to check in on the young elven woman will find that she is sleeping deeply, but her breathing has returned to normal, and she no longer appears to be suffering from the paralysis that afflicted her the previous day.
    Busy with moving and related activities for a while. Posting uncertain.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Into the White

    Henri comes out of the elf woman's room, having just checked in on her after waking.

    She's fine now, he tells the others, but I'll probably come back in to check on her later on. Now, do we need any more provisions for the trip? More importantly, do we have any money with which to procure anything?

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •