New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze Cart)

[Steam] Thread XIV

Find out more, and download the Steam client from the official site.

♥♥♥♥♥

Steam Groups - Join up!

There's a variety of groups on Steam that certain members from this forum have created related to these games, ranging from vague to actually useful. If you'd like to be part of these, either ask a member of the group you wish to join, or message one of the Administrators there. Or create a new group for a game that hasn't been listed, or otherwise fills a niche. A few of these listed here;

We now have some servers intended for a few specific titles, supported by donations.

♥♥♥♥♥

Team Fortress 2

The Chocolate Hammer TF2 server can be found @ 68.232.183.52:27015

Featuring semi-regular Friday/Saturday friendly competitive matches. Either held on the server itself, or a lobby made on TF2Lobby. If you want to join on a comp match, it's a good idea to register here, just in case.

• Maps, direct access: Refer to potatocubed (GitP, Steam) if you have suggestions or if the server has vanished.

• Add-ons, coding: Refer to Djinn_in_Tonic (GitP, Steam) if you have suggestions.

Current known Admins *

Spoiler
    Show

Current known Giants (Moderators) *

Spoiler
    Show

Taking donations via Paypal at [email protected] and ClanPay (preferred option).

Private Server

Then there's the newest member of the GitP / ChHa server family, Drol and Girlfriend's Super Happy Fun Time. (SHaFT) This is a smaller, private server for use by us. It is password protected, so there'll be no disjointed gameplay.

1. When the comp team is having practice/holding a scrim, do not connect. There is a separate password for such, so unless you know the right password, you can't get on. When we aren't doing anything, everyone from GitP / ChHa is free to use it. (On the subject on the competitive team, do not ask to be on it. If the team want you to be on it, you will be contacted.)
    2. You're at the mercy of the whims of drolkcal and mightymonarch. If they feel like Prophunt, it's going to be on Prophunt. If they feel like ammomod, it's going to be on ammomod.
    3. Don't ask to be an admin or a mod. It's probably not going to happen.
    4. To obtain the password, please PM mightymonarch for it, or on Steam.
    5. This TF2 server can be found @ 68.232.169.101:27015
    6. Temporary password is chha.

♥♥♥♥♥

Left 4 Dead 2

The L4D2 server can be found @ 68.232.183.127:27015

Current known Admins *

Spoiler
    Show

Type mm_dedicated_force_servers 68.232.183.127:27015 into console at the main menu before creating a lobby and you will connect to our server. It might also be possible to create a new lobby via Steam groups.

Donations (PayPal) can now be sent to [email protected], or ClanPay for a faster and easier method (also preferred).

♥♥♥♥♥

Killing Floor

The KF server can be found @ 68.232.171.24:7707

Current known Admins *

Spoiler
    Show

♥♥♥♥♥

Mumble

While used primarily for communication between teams in a competitive match, it can also be used as a lounge area for people to meet up and talk to each other.

Our Mumble server can be found @ mbl1.gameservers.com:10047

Current known Admins *

Spoiler
    Show

♥♥♥♥♥

The Jibpocalypse - A thread relating to the many insanities fueled by the nightmarish visions of the many players here. This thread, if you'd call it that, is a testimony to inanity.

ChHa TF2 Server Thread - Here we try to arrange evenings of gaming, and plan our weekly semi-competitive 6v6 matches.

BluFort - A custom GitP made map for TF2

Any questions or inquiries we'd be happy to answer.

* (These have changed considerably, is currently unknown, have been obfuscated, missed by my person or has yet to be established. Suggestions for improvements, adding new names or removal of old ones will be appreciated. Spelling, grammar or any bit of information that could be useful in here would be welcome too. PM for any of these).
    Last edited by Valaqil; 2010-07-13 at 01:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Hehe. I am amused by blackfox's shutterbuggery.
    Assclown.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

The link to the server thread is outdated.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Blast it! I'd forgotten Team Fortress 2 thought that TGA was the most effective form of screenshot.

How do I

A. Find a program that lets me browse TGA in an easy way (CURSE YOU PICTURE VIEWER)

B. Convert all the images

C. Make it stop making TGA images ugh.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    The link to the server thread is outdated.
    Yeah, I mostly copy/paste'd Darth Mario's OP in the last thread. It's fixed now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Blast it! I'd forgotten Team Fortress 2 thought that TGA was the most effective form of screenshot.
    Two things:
    (1) Most advanced pictures viewers will convert this, IIRC. I used The GIMP for it and I'm pretty sure Photoshop will as well. Any advanced picture editor will allow you to open them and change format. Since I do photo work, I'm not familiar with other possibilities.
    (2) I _think_ you can set up your own bind to avoid this. I believe the command is 'jpeg', e.g. "bind <key> jpeg".

6. - Top - End - #6

Kobold

If I recall correctly, GIMP requires me to open each photo and then hit "save as" in order to change it.

That's a bit of a pain, since I have a crapload of screenies.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Alright, I think I'm going to hit SHaFT to try out the new Engineer in a controlled environment today, probably in a few hours.

Wait, crap, I don't know the password. If mm sees this, could they send me a PM? Otherwise I guess I could just bum it off someone using the steam chat.

EDIT: Or is it chha? I guess I'll find out.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-07-13 at 01:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Alright, I think I'm going to hit SHaFT to try out the new Engineer in a controlled environment today, probably in a few hours.

Wait, crap, I don't know the password. If mm sees this, could they send me a PM? Otherwise I guess I could just bum it off someone using the steam chat.
    Wait, it isn't chha? (It's in the first post of the other thread)
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-07-13 at 01:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post

EDIT: Or is it chha? I guess I'll find out.
    It is in fact "chha".

Also, I've used GIMP for the .tga screen shots and yes, it does require you to open and hit save as so it is kinda tedious for more than 3 screen shots.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I imagine a few minutes of googling would turn up a batch image converter.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

All this talk of converting reminds me,

I don't take screenshots too often in TF2 but this?

Spoiler
    Show

Too awesome.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

That screenshot is made of awesome.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

If only there was an explosion in front of the soldier, and the explosion was also on fire. Also if REDFort was on fire.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Oh Noes, A Rant.

Avert your eyes children, avert them from this rant post!

Today I am slightly filled with rage. Okay, not slightly, but really filled with rage. Not RAGE JOY, but rage.

Why?

Because I live in Britain and my connection, to be frank, sucks. I am filled with impotent, belittling rage because my inferior connection speeds limit my killing ability in all games on the internet.

Why is this so important?

Because I cannot converse, coordinate or collaborate with the community when I lag.
    Because I cannot snipe, snare or silence my opponents effectively when I lag.
    Because I cannot evade, elude or escape my killers so well when I lag.

Because of my connection, I cannot share and enjoy, when I lag.

When I cannot share and enjoy, it fills me with rage. So therefore I propose a plan.

We blow up the Sun. That way, we all cannot share and enjoy. If I cannot have fun, NO ONE SHALL!

*insert maniacal laughter, ominous organ chords, crashing of thunder, crackling of power, etc*

Oh yes, and I did not have fun at all getting killed so badly on KOTH maps in TF2. I suck at the singular, all-encompassing nature of KOTH and dislike CTF due to the monotony, preferring Payload or Control Point maps due to pace of battle, the styling of objectives and the incredibly large maps they offer.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh get you. You clearly have a problem no one else has and clearly your rage is completly justified. Im sure no one simply accepts the situation and gets with it.

Try a local server if its that much of a problem.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

the new reserved slots make me sad face when there's 22 people...its quite aggravating...

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Oh no View Post
    the new reserved slots make me sad face when there's 22 people...its quite aggravating...
    I just asked Potato to remove them until we get our proposed second server up and running. They should be gone shortly.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Oh Noes, A Rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Avert your eyes children, avert them from this rant post!

Today I am slightly filled with rage. Okay, not slightly, but really filled with rage. Not RAGE JOY, but rage.

Why?

Because I live in Britain and my connection, to be frank, sucks. I am filled with impotent, belittling rage because my inferior connection speeds limit my killing ability in all games on the internet.

Why is this so important?

Because I cannot converse, coordinate or collaborate with the community when I lag.
    Because I cannot snipe, snare or silence my opponents effectively when I lag.
    Because I cannot evade, elude or escape my killers so well when I lag.

Because of my connection, I cannot share and enjoy, when I lag.

When I cannot share and enjoy, it fills me with rage. So therefore I propose a plan.

We blow up the Sun. That way, we all cannot share and enjoy. If I cannot have fun, NO ONE SHALL!

*insert maniacal laughter, ominous organ chords, crashing of thunder, crackling of power, etc*
    But if the sun explodes, what would we trick dumb children into staring at?
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

19. - Top - End - #19

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    But if the sun explodes, what would we trick dumb children into staring at?
    Goatse?

google it. i dare you

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Goatse?

google it. i dare you
    I thought we had some standards here.

I mean, blinding small children and laughing is one thing...
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    As promised, the epic battle between Scout and Spy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scout discovers spy, Scout kills spy, Scout flaunts ragdoll.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spy is Dead Ringer. Scout rages.
    Spoiler
    Show

Entire crab is spy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, we made a crab out of crabs.

[/derail]
    In a completely straight way:

God, you're cute, Blackfox.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    In a completely straight way:

God, you're cute, Blackfox.
    In a completely bi way:

You've got me beat. *fleeeeeeeeeeesss*pleasedon'tkillme
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    In a completely bi way:

You've got me beat. *fleeeeeeeeeeesss*pleasedon'tkillme
    No. You do. srsly.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm going to break up the roiling sexual tension for a second to share two observations:

1.) Picking up and moving buildings is basically overpowered, but tremendously fun from an engineer's perspective, and

2.) My god, trying to play after not having touched the game for a month is like feeding your mouse hand through a meat grinder. Maybe I should warm up by hitting some pubbie servers where people suck more than you guys.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah? Well... well... your mom is so fat that I've run out of incredibly stupid jokes. I'm honestly just surprised you didn't murder me on the spot, but that was way too good to resist. Also. Do not.
    Last edited by blackfox; 2010-07-13 at 04:40 PM.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here is my attempt at one of those newfangled let's play things, and I really should go play so Team Fortress 2 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    HATE. LOTS OF HATE. DIRECTED AT YOU, DRIZVOLTA. OH GOD MY MIND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Well, I think the solution is clear. Don't download Steam if you don't have legs.
    Thank you Prime32 for the Rumia avatar!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    I just asked Potato to remove them until we get our proposed second server up and running. They should be gone shortly.
    They should be gone now.

Also, apparently, gravity.

This server-wrangling business is complicated.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by potatocubed View Post
    They should be gone now.

Also, apparently, gravity.

This server-wrangling business is complicated.
    Eh, horse wrangling be easier, but it sure as Heck be harder!
    Now git along, little ponies, GIT!
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo! Got my Tax refund back! Finally!

Soon I shall be able to afford a new, better computer!

Um...
    Any of ya'all wanna give me a job?
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

My workplace is hiring! Got any editorial experience?
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.