New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    That explains it. Removing the challenge from the game eliminates the need for most of the tools the game gives you.

I was thinking of Hard mode when I remembered finishing the game with 80 Adam left. Hard difficulty meant constantly using Target Dummy (the best plasmid), and antipersonnel ammo, which I was only allowed to carry 3 clips of.

Fighting Big Daddies on Hard was one of the few times I've actually enjoyed challenge in a game. One of my common strategies against them on Hard was blocking a doorway with a pile of oxygen tanks that had a proximity mine at the bottom of the pile, along with trap bolts (boosted with Electric Flesh) strung all over the room afterward.

...At least until I found out that a single can of Electric Gel would kill a Big Daddy in one shot, while keeping it paralyzed the whole time. I never tried it until I was told, since I thought Elec Gel was worthless.
    Yeah, but like I said, I played through half/three quarters of the game on Medium while killing fewer Big Daddies, and I still had no problems just using guns. Like I said, since I was more daring with vending machines, I probably had even more ammo.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-07-16 at 03:41 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XIV: Dr. Steamlove (OR:How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Poosh ze C

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    more daring with vending machines
    I'm confused. There are people who didn't compulsively hack everything in sight until it was a mess of servile machinery (and, if the minigame is any indication, plumbing)?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

*Wake up*
    *Polycount Winners were really announced last night*
    *Croc-O-Style will be real items*

Life is good, gentlemen, life is good.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm confused. There are people who didn't compulsively hack everything in sight until it was a mess of servile machinery (and, if the minigame is any indication, plumbing)?
    Hacking constantly gets to be a pain in the ass, especially if you don't load up on engineering tonics so some later hacks are actually impossible...

Until you realize that buying out hacks is a great way to use some of that excessive amount of money you've got, if you're sick of your wallet being full all the time.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    *Wake up*
    *Polycount Winners were really announced last night*
    *Croc-O-Style will be real items*

Life is good, gentlemen, life is good.
    Psht, we all know Special Delivery is the best of the lot.

He is the Milkman. His milk is delicious.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie The Grim View Post
    Psht, we all know Special Delivery is the best of the lot.

He is the Milkman. His milk is delicious.
    This is the reason why I want my milk. "Yo, I'm the milkman. My milk is frikkin' delicious."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    This is the reason why I want my milk. "Yo, I'm the milkman. My milk is frikkin' delicious."
    DING-DONG! Got a special delivery here!
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yo hardhat! What is the purpose of the goggles?"

"Hey I bet all the other assassins make fun of you!"
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-07-16 at 09:09 AM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yo, the sea will run white with my rage."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

(upon dominating the Milkman)
    "Yo, you dodge like a dairy farmer!"
    (upon revenge from the Milkman)
    "Oh, hey! YOU dodge like a cow!"

Lol @ the Aladdin references in the Saharan spy ad.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2010-07-16 at 09:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

So how does one go about organizing this whole Livestream thing, anyway? I'm pretty confused here. Could I get a step-by-step just-for-idiots sort of guide, here?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Hacking constantly gets to be a pain in the ass, especially if you don't load up on engineering tonics so some later hacks are actually impossible...

Until you realize that buying out hacks is a great way to use some of that excessive amount of money you've got, if you're sick of your wallet being full all the time.
    Yep, late in the game I've gotten a couple hacking puzzles that were impossible, but I always had maximum autohacks, so I just used those.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

New TF2 Blog Post about tf2maps' new art pass contest.

Valve is planning on releasing a 3 cp attack/defend map similar to gorge, and the mapper who puts the best details on it will have their version included in the next update.

The map can be downloaded in both vmf and bsp format.
    Last edited by surikesu; 2010-07-16 at 12:42 PM.
    Placeholder in perpetuity.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Yep, late in the game I've gotten a couple hacking puzzles that were impossible, but I always had maximum autohacks, so I just used those.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

I love Valve's obsession with hats. It's their second most notable feature as a company, after being notorious trolls.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

I love the taped over Golden Wrench button and the giant Camera Beard one.

Anyone else think this is actually what Robin Walker does all day?

It now occurs to me that these Polycount weapons are going to be the first community items with, ya know, bullets and stuff. Everything thus far has been a Melee weapon and the Crit-o-Cola and Dalokohs Bar, buff items.
    Ain't that weird.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2010-07-16 at 01:09 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Holy crud.

Valve is releasing a new free game. On Monday.

With no real warning.

I love these guys.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Holy crud.

With no real warning.

I love these guys.
    Looks intriguing.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Goddamit, Valve. Just when I think I cannae love thee any more, you go an' do something like this.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Holy crud.

With no real warning.

I love these guys.
    Awesome. I love free games.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

And it's a freaking VALVE game. Valve usually have a lot more fanfare when they release a game. And it's their first non-FPS game, too. It looks a bit like a straight-up shooting game, which seems a bit boring for Valve, but I trust them.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

By the sounds of it, Alien Swarm was made by a team that now works for Valve, but didn't when they originally made it. It sounds like they're just re-releasing it to steam as a full game.

But still. Free game. Awesome.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    By the sounds of it, Alien Swarm was made by a team that now works for Valve, but didn't when they originally made it. It sounds like they're just re-releasing it to steam as a full game.

But still. Free game. Awesome.
    Not quite. They've worked on it since, which suggests that what Valve did here is akin to what they did with Portal and TF2.

Also, this is why Valve is the best thing ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    It's a source remake/sequel of the original UT2004 mod.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-07-16 at 02:35 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

My conspiracy-theory suspicion is that they're working on another similar title, the one they brought on Icefrog for. This is sort of their test project--they want to see how the gaming populace reacts, so they're trying to distribute it as widely as possible.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    My conspiracy-theory suspicion is that they're working on another similar title, the one they brought on Icefrog for. This is sort of their test project--they want to see how the gaming populace reacts, so they're trying to distribute it as widely as possible.
    This.

Also, because I love Steam, an endorsement from L4D's Zoey and Francis!

Zoey: Man, I love Steam.

Francis: Yeah... Steam's alright I guess.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

27. - Top - End - #297
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I got the Gunslinger today.

It is so awesome, but it really freaks me out at the same time. Engineer CUT OFF HIS OWN HAND TO USE THIS WEAPON.

Radigan did the same, but he was clearly corrupted by the Australium. Dell has no such excuse. I kind of missed the days when he was the only healthy one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Cthulhu View Post
    Radigan did the same, but he was clearly corrupted by the Australium. Dell has no such excuse. I kind of missed the days when he was the only healthy one.
    The engineer? I always thought it was the pyro that was the sane one. He reacts like every normal person would: He tries to kill it with fire.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Is Moonbase Alpha worth downloading? How many people here play it?

Also, I'm also excited for Alien Swarm. Top down shooters are fun, and it's free.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Engi doesnt cut off his hand to use the gunslinger, he just removes his glove revealing it.