New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    I got the same, save instead of Shakespeare, I got Lovecraft. What'd you find out about the other dude? Or does anyone else happen to know of Wallace?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Foster_Wallace

Knock yerself out.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

Sooo.. is I Write Like the new Akinator? It's the internet program everyone seems to be spending loads of time on.

Dang, what's the other one? There were two programs, Akinator and something else that were all the rage a couple months ago.
    Last edited by Starfols; 2010-07-16 at 04:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay, so one of the BBC news headlines was "Venezuala rejects Bogota charges". I misread it at first as "Vuvuzela rejects Bogota charges".

Curse you, Football World Cup. Even when you were over and I thought I was safe. CURSE YOU.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

I submitted the best text I've written in English that's not stored soley on my school computer - a joke article about dirty diapres - and I got David Foster Wallace too. Sadly (in this case), my best serious texts are in Swedish, so I can't test them.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Banned

Put the sweedish text in. I'm curious what it says!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    Put the sweedish text in. I'm curious what it says!
    I submitted three Swedish texts - a debate article, an essay about religion and politics () and a chronicle - and they all gave me the answer that I write like David Foster Wallace. WTF!?

EDIT: Okay, I found another chronicle written in English, which I ran through that site. Guess what I got: Dan Brown. I haven't read more than a few paragraphs in one of his books, so I guess I'll leave it up to you to tell me how insulted I should feel.

EDIT2: For the hell of it, I submitted the longest English story I have on my hard drive, despite it's dubious quality, and got Arthur C. Clarke.

Hmm... I've got a feeling that I should know who he is, but apparently I don't. I'll probably hit myself when I find out. Wikipedia...

EDIT3: *smack*
    Last edited by Teddy; 2010-07-16 at 04:48 PM.

Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Banned

Ayup! No longer care about that site

8. - Top - End - #278

Never cared to begin with. I was just curious.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I guess that no one really puts that much interest into the result from a random web page. I didn't, that's for sure. I guess the creators only made it for entertainment purposes.

Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    I'm not convinced of the accuracy of that site.
    Apparently Neil Gaiman tried it and it told him he wrote like J.R.R. Tolkein.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starfols View Post
    Sooo.. is I Write Like the new Akinator? It's the internet program everyone seems to be spending loads of time on.

Dang, what's the other one? There were two programs, Akinator and something else that were all the rage a couple months ago.
    Cleverbot? I think that was around the same time, right?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

OMG, the Erfworld forum is gone ...

EDIT: No wait, it's become a subforum.
    Last edited by FoE; 2010-07-16 at 08:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Cleverbot? I think that was around the same time, right?
    No, it wasn't cleverbot.. It might have been Robot Unicorn Attack, but I could have sworn there was something else.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Apparently Neil Gaiman tried it and it told him he wrote like J.R.R. Tolkein.
    More likely someone inserted a Neil Gaiman excerpt.

Inserting the opening from Great Expectations gets you Jane Austin.

Auch, Idioten!
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-07-17 at 12:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground

So yesterday I thought I would finally finish my puzzle. Well I guess not, one piece is missing. Thank you cats for apparently playing with my puzzle.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Any text in English will do: your latest blog post, journal entry, comment, chapter of your unfinished book, etc. For reliable results paste at least a few paragraphs (not tweets).
    Well that's a rude presumption. Technically, I'm still in the editing phase, but I might just as well have been done with it. Does it assume the only people using this thing are the perpetually-unfinished mac-packing crowd?

If it hadn't compared me to Douglas Adams, I'd be very cross right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Inserting the opening from Great Expectations gets you Jane Austin.
    "You know what Charles Dickens and Jane Austen have in common? A statistical analysis tool considers their styles comparable."

/polite
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-07-17 at 02:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Banned

And now for something completely different.

Spoiler
    Show

Beat that.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-07-17 at 02:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

You have been awarded additional time.

I'm kind of curious, now. I doubt this thing has any actual credibility, but it seems as good an opportunity as any to waste five or six minutes.

EDIT: Hm, somewhat more plausible than I'd expected. Mostly lows, moderates in a few categories. I'm not sure some of those questions were quite right, but otherwise a fairly reasonable analysis.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-07-17 at 02:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Banned

Lows? You've got a lot to learn before you beat me.

20. - Top - End - #290

DrowGirl

Paranoid: High
    Schizoid: Moderate
    Schizotypal: High
    Antisocial: Low
    Borderline: Moderate
    Histrionic: High
    Narcissistic: Moderate
    Avoidant: Very High
    Dependent: High
    Obsessive-Compulsive: High

Not so sure on the narcissistic (Low self esteem? Yep!), and ahven't looked up the meanings for all the others... I think it's being too high for me on some of those. Mostly because I often clicked "Yes" when I would rather have clicked "Sometimes"

Though if all this is true, I beat you Zero.
    Last edited by Castaras; 2010-07-17 at 03:28 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-07-17 at 03:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Banned

Pfft. If we make allowances like that then my antisociality should be Very High. Which puts me on top!
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-07-17 at 03:31 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293

DrowGirl

Though more seriously, I call bollocks on my results. Especially the Narcissistic and Histrionic. I don't try and call attention to myself that much, and my low self esteem does not mean I love myself.

So either way you would have won.
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

24. - Top - End - #294
    Banned

Just took it again, as those results are from a while back when I first found the site, and got low antisociality.

What is this. What do I need to do to convince it that I don't like people!

The rest of the results were the same though. Showing there is at least repeatability in this experiment.

Regardless, I will not so easily give up my self-appointed position of craziest person around.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2010-07-17 at 03:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    What is this. What do I need to do to convince it that I don't like people!
    I think, as far as the test is concerned, posting on forums counts a sociality.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Though more seriously, I call bollocks on my results. Especially the Narcissistic and Histrionic. I don't try and call attention to myself that much, and my low self esteem does not mean I love myself.

So either way you would have won.
    ....Not sure if serious.

...Ah, whatever.

I lol'd.

Remember Rutskarn. No book is complete until it's been digested by a new mind.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-17 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

27. - Top - End - #297

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ....Not sure if serious.

...Ah, whatever.

I lol'd.
    Well IRL certainly what I said holds true.

Forums? I suppose I do end up calling attention to myself by being manic.

Hmm... come to think of it, wonder what would happen if I did the test thinking about internet rather than IRL...
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

28. - Top - End - #298
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Well IRL certainly what I said holds true.

Forums? I suppose I do end up calling attention to myself by being manic.

Hmm... come to think of it, wonder what would happen if I did the test thinking about internet rather than IRL...
    Very different sides of some people show up.

Others, act exactly the same.

Is curio, to be sure.

......Why does my wet hair smell like wet dog? I washed my hair at noon today hmm... NO, it's not my bangs, just smelled those. Where's it coming from then? Flashed briefly in the car too. Strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #299
    Banned

You act differently on the internet that real life? That's wack, yo.

Certainly mannerisms change. For instance, I can't remember ever saying 'wack, yo' in real life, but intent must surely be the same. Otherwise it'd be some freaky-deeky split personality right there. A false life! A doppelganger of sorts. Wearing another skin to deceive those around you just as a buttefly's monsterous eyes!

30. - Top - End - #300

DrowGirl

Paranoid: Low
    Schizoid: Low
    Schizotypal: High
    Antisocial: Low
    Borderline: Low
    Histrionic: Moderate
    Narcissistic: Low
    Avoidant: Moderate
    Dependent: High
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

That actually is much more like I see myself as. Possibly without the high dependent, maybe moderate.

Coidzor: Phantom dog?
    Zero: I suppose I have more confidence on the forums due to being able to think about what I'm going to say. So more confidence means more insanity. TBH, how I am on the forums is more who I think of myself as.
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus