New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

I'll be honest: I don't know where I got that messed up image from, but I am using it for teh lulz at the moment because, why let a picture go to waste?

It seriously just appeared in my images folder. I'm actually slightly creeped out.

Looks awesome though.

So yes, if you were wondering; that is on purpose. I just have no idea where on earth it came from.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-07-13 at 08:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

There's a thin white bar below it. Might just be a corrupt file.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #33

Probably. But hey, whatever works. Other images seem fine, so I'm not worried about it.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2010-07-13 at 09:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I thought with a title like "random banter" it'd be fine, if not, ignore it. I just have to tell someone. In four days, my dad get's out of jail! I'm so excited! I haven't seen him in two years!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Froogleyboy View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I thought with a title like "random banter" it'd be fine, if not, ignore it. I just have to tell someone. In four days, my dad get's out of jail! I'm so excited! I haven't seen him in two years!
    If you don't mind me asking, what was he convicted of?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #36
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    And here I was worried. phew.

Hope things go well with that, Froogley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I'll be honest: I don't know where I got that messed up image from, but I am using it for teh lulz at the moment because, why let a picture go to waste?

It seriously just appeared in my images folder. I'm actually slightly creeped out.

Looks awesome though.

So yes, if you were wondering; that is on purpose. I just have no idea where on earth it came from.
    Your computer may be secretly plotting to kill you. Don't worry too much about it, they do that all the time.
    Last edited by FinalJustice; 2010-07-13 at 09:46 PM.
    In two seconds I will hit the ground
    A moment stretched out over years
    And my eyes will flicker and then something has changed
    An empty cage, a crimson bud, a street of blood
    A city rose sprung out to greet the rain

PoS: Enter Rain

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

I don't mind you asking, I just don't know. He had been on a fight with some guy and he had called the cops on the man because he threatened to burn our house down. But when the cops got there, they said that he had a warrant out for him.

9. - Top - End - #39

OMG!!!!!!1!!!!! It spiked over 100 degrees Fahrenheit today. Thank God for air conditioning, I was nearly baking when I went out to get the mail today.
    Currently RPG group playing: Endworld (D&D 5e. A Homebrewed post-apocalyptic supplement.)

My campaign settings: Azura; 10,000 CE | The Frozen Seas | Bloodstones (Paleolithic Horror) | AEGIS - The School for Superhero Children | Iaphela (5e, Elder Scrolls)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Froogleyboy View Post
    That's good news! I hope everything goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by Cealocanth View Post
    OMG!!!!!!1!!!!! It spiked over 100 degrees Fahrenheit today. Thank God for air conditioning, I was nearly baking when I went out to get the mail today.
    I'm in Virginia right now and it's sooooooo warm. Not today, actually, today was a little better, but still warmer than anything you'd get in Ireland! I think the warmest it's been here was 40'C, which is 104'F or something.
    <-- it's red because it's so hot!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    That's good news! I hope everything goes well!

I'm in Virginia right now and it's sooooooo warm. Not today, actually, today was a little better, but still warmer than anything you'd get in Ireland! I think the warmest it's been here was 40'C, which is 104'F or something.
    :O As a Virginialander, yes, it gets insufferable from time to time. Especially because of all the damned humidity. Not all of us get humidity in the form of rain. -glares at Irelanders/Britlanders-
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    :O As a Virginialander, yes, it gets insufferable from time to time. Especially because of all the damned humidity. Not all of us get humidity in the form of rain. -glares at Irelanders/Britlanders-
    It has its benefits and its downsides. No sunburn, yet also no picnics. Well, actually, we're pretty optimistic, so there does tend to be picnics. They usually happen in a car, watching the rain outside!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

It has its benefits and its downsides. No sunburn, yet also no picnics. Well, actually, we're pretty optimistic, so there does tend to be picnics. They usually happen in a car, watching the rain outside!
    When I visited Dublin/Cork/Blarney/Waterford two years ago, the first cabbie we came across summed it up well: "It only rained twice last week - once for three days and once for four."
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

14. - Top - End - #44

Ooooh, fancy new thread...
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Banned

Froogleyboy: You didn't happen to have gotten your growth spurt in those last two years, have you? Would be weird (yet cool) (yet weird) if you were suddenly eye-to-eye with him now.

Bring Some of That Warmth Back With You! I am FREEZING here! It's July! Long sleeves after dark are unnatural!
    (shakes KenderWizard by the lapels 'til someone pries her fingers open)
    . . .oh, and since you're in Virginia and thus good food country, here's a list of foods you need to bring back and popularize here.

10:40. Sunshine. 10:43. Misty rain. 10:46. Rain hissing like a snake pit. 10:50. Misty rain. 10:53. Sunshine.
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2010-07-14 at 04:53 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Firbolg in the Playground

Weather in the UK, and I assume Ireland as well, works according to sod's law. The easiest way to make it rain is to declare you're going to have a picnic, and a barbecue, on the beach, and play cricket.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

*Note: There actually is not a sport called cricket, the English just use Cricket as a word for their favorite outdoor sport.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Weather in the UK, and I assume Ireland as well, works according to sod's law. The easiest way to make it rain is to declare you're going to have a picnic, and a barbecue, on the beach, and play cricket.
    Silly three man cricket in the rain on the beach is great fun. Of course, a proper game of cricket isn't but "whatevs".

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    *Note: There actually is not a sport called cricket, the English just use Cricket as a word for their favorite outdoor sport.
    Who would name a game after a horrible intergalactic war anyway?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

19. - Top - End - #49

Originally posted by DeeRee
    But a house on fire indeed. We really must one day arrange a meeting.
    Well, in two years it's highly likely I'll be going to Trogland (around about the end of June/beginning of July (or both)) because History Friend'll be twenty-one.
    Is two years a long enough notification of a potential meetup?

Something highly unusual happened last night.
    For the first time in a couple of months it rained at home. Properly. Not just a minute or two of mist, but actual, proper Britlander rain.
    I'd actually forgotten how noisy it could be.
    And the temperature's back down to summer normal too. All is right with the world.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Where is Trogland? I've never figured it out...

Also, my legs are so riddled with mosquito bites that they feel like a pair of cobblestone pathways straight down to hell.

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    And in an equal case of inexplicability, I endorse and participate in this party!

#o.o# I hope I haven't started a bad trend, in my very first Random Banter. *Eeep!*
    What naked avatar trend?

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Where is Trogland? I've never figured it out...

Also, my legs are so riddled with mosquito bites that they feel like a pair of cobblestone pathways straight down to hell.
    It's the middle part of this one, Phase. You can see it out of the corner of your eye right now.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2010-07-14 at 07:52 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Something highly unusual happened last night.
    For the first time in a couple of months it rained at home. Properly. Not just a minute or two of mist, but actual, proper Britlander rain.
    I'd actually forgotten how noisy it could be.
    And the temperature's back down to summer normal too. All is right with the world.
    I know, wasn't it lovely? I could actually wander around without my skin burning on a level usually only seen in creatures of the night. About 3/4 of the students in my office are from abroad so I've been dealing with comments about missing the sun all day, but they are FOOLS because grey drizzle is the proper way of the world. I miss winter, winter doesn't fry my skin.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    I miss winter, winter doesn't fry my skin.
    Everyone knows that if your breath doesn't freeze the moment you exhale, it's too hot. And I'm not talking about the water vapour.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    About 3/4 of the students in my office are from abroad so I've been dealing with comments about missing the sun all day, but they are FOOLS because grey drizzle is the proper way of the world.
    Damn right. Proper British weather. Love it.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #55

Uff, I'm working abroad this summer, much because the summers here tend to be better (read: hotter/sunnier) than back at home. What happens? Cloudy with a chance of meatballs every single day. And in Sweden? Heat wave that makes the tropics envious... MLIA, ha!
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

26. - Top - End - #56

Thufir, I felt the need to provide you with this little fable.

Spoiler
    Show
    There was a baby owl and a daddy owl. The baby owl was learning how to live in the world, he was starting to develop his call.

The baby own cried out "Wot. Wot wot. Wot wot wot wot wot. Wot."

"No," said the daddy owl, "it's not wot, you know, it's who-whoooo-whooooooooooooo, you know."

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #57

Thufir, I felt the need to provide you with this little fable.

Spoiler
    Show
    There was a baby owl and a daddy owl. The baby owl was learning how to live in the world, he was starting to develop his call.

The baby own cried out "Wot. Wot wot. Wot wot wot wot wot. Wot."

"No," said the daddy owl, "it's not wot, you know, it's who-whoooo-whooooooooooooo, you know."
    Doctor Who?
    Otherwise I don't get it. In fact, even if it is Doctor Who, I don't get it.
    BANG → !

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Doctor Who?
    Otherwise I don't get it. In fact, even if it is Doctor Who, I don't get it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's not what you know, it's who you know.

People who know powerful people get jobs easier than people with qualifications.

29. - Top - End - #59

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not what you know, it's who you know.

People who know powerful people get jobs easier than people with qualifications.
    Oh I get it now. I thought it was replacing the English stereotype of saying "wot" all the time with the English stereotype of liking Doctor Who more than is perhaps healthy. I sort of thought it was one of those anti-jokes that are funny by virtue of being completely absurd and not actually funny, like "How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?"
    Answer: Fish.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-07-14 at 09:00 AM.
    BANG → !

30. - Top - End - #60

I have the feeling I should start watching Doctor Who...
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar: