New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Banned

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    Because it will make your mum feel better? Is that not reason enough?
    I think you may've mistaken me for a nice person.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Several Silly Sealions Stuffed Seaweed Southward Swiftly (Or, Random Banter #143)

Im bored. I wish i had a private pool so i could go swim naked or something. My swim shorts are too big for me now, and if i tryed to use them i'd probably end up naked anyway.

3. - Top - End - #183

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ohmysweetbabyjeebus.
    I did it. No Dutch courage (or any other courage), just pure unadulterated panic.

Results:
    I passed.
    Not as well as I could have done, didn't get a First or anything, but I passed.
    No retakes for me! No scholarship either, but hey. I passed.
    And as these results don't affect my degree I don't have to worry about them not being 100% super-duper-amazing.
    Note to self: I should actually revise properly next time. And thoroughly.
    Congratulations! Firsts are overrated anyway *proudly hugs her 2:1*

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    I think you may've mistaken me for a nice person.
    I keep doing that. You'd think I'd learn.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Koorli: Why, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    What is this TOS you speak of?
    The original series?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

As of now, I am officially a business. Scary.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

@Rawhide: What sort of business are you? o.o

@Curly: Congrats! ^O^ I know how hard it is to look at the results of exams. <.<; But I'm glad you passed. ^.^

@Deeree: Yup. The acronym "TOS" refers to "The Original Series" of Star Trek. My dad used to watch that one all the time when he was in High School.

Which is kind of eerie if I think about it too much.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #187

Introbulus: I sell my services to anyone willing to pay me enough.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

It's fun, sometimes cheesy, sometimes very cheesy and sometimes awesome.
    Then again, you refuse to believe the series that started Star Trek exists, so there's no point in telling you.
    Because you'll assume I invented it all, just for you.
    I did by the way.
    i knew it!
    see Star Trek started with the confusingly called "The Next Generation" (why Next? there was no previous)

Also Congratz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    The original series?
    *fingers in ears*
    LALALALALALALALLALAALLLAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    here's 2.5 million... i need a small army in 3 weeks for ... well you don't need to know what for.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I need some services, how much currency is needed?

10. - Top - End - #190

here's 2.5 million... i need a small army in 3 weeks for ... well you don't need to know what for.
    That can be arranged, but the 2.5 million won't include their fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I need some services, how much currency is needed?
    Depends on what services you need.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm thinking I should worry more about exam results, which should thus induce better results??

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    I'm thinking I should worry more about exam results, which should thus induce better results??
    Nope, just relax and chill. I never freak out over tests and i do really good

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Hrrrngh. Well. Well. You never freak out over tests and you do really well.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Firbolg in the Playground

Koorli: Why, congratulations.

Thankees! I'm just really glad I don't have to do resits as my parents would've had conniptions. And those conniptions would've had kittens.

The original series?

See DeeRee sweetie, I've long ago given up on convincing Archie that TOS ever existed.
    But you should see it.
    Very fun. I'm just a few episodes into the second series, and still enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    @Curly: Congrats! ^O^ I know how hard it is to look at the results of exams. <.<; But I'm glad you passed. ^.^
    Thankees.
    I was worried about this one because there's a possiblities of fines along with resits. ANd paying extra to come up outside of university to do the exams again. And stuff.
    I wasn't nervous over my A Level results though, and that was my make or break Oxford results. I knew I wasn't going to get a Third, but I was still panicking.

@Deeree: Yup. The acronym "TOS" refers to "The Original Series" of Star Trek. My dad used to watch that one all the time when he was in High School.

Which is kind of eerie if I think about it too much.
    Ah see, according to Archie, I've deluded all of you, going back in time (through the Guardian of Forever no less ) and making it so that TOS actually existed.
    Archie's the only one who's escaped my dread grasp.

It's slighlty eerie though that your dad was what, sixteen to eighteen - I forget (US) High School ages - when TOS was released.
    Unless he saw a repeat.
    In which case it's not weird.
    Case in point: I saw Thunderbirbs when I was six.

I knew it!
    See Star Trek started with the confusingly called "The Next Generation" (why Next? there was no previous)

Also Congratz
    Ah, it's because they retconned TOS, but forgot to change the title. See, TNG is meant to be called TOS. Except I went and did some timey wimey ball things, and now TNG is TNG when it should be TOS and TOS exists for everyone but you.
    Poor Archie.

Besides, I've long given up on 'Heretic!'ing you over this.
    . . .
    I should get a Heretic! avatar. Or simply a fainting Curly. I use those two so often.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-07-15 at 10:42 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Hrrrngh. Well. Well. You never freak out over tests and you do really well.
    I only care about grammer when it counts.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Electrocution works on almost all bugs without having to run around and catch them. I don't have so much trouble killing bugs as I do killing mammals as well.

[Edit: wow, ninja'd almost a page of posts. ]
    Last edited by Cealocanth; 2010-07-15 at 10:52 AM.
    Currently RPG group playing: Endworld (D&D 5e. A Homebrewed post-apocalyptic supplement.)

My campaign settings: Azura; 10,000 CE | The Frozen Seas | Bloodstones (Paleolithic Horror) | AEGIS - The School for Superhero Children | Iaphela (5e, Elder Scrolls)

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Mmmblgrmbl... Dad shut down computer after I left it for him to check his mail, with my half-finished post on it. Well, well, reconstruction-time I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    I've given up on exam nervousness, simply because I know I'll have done one thing not as well as I liked, possibly more. So no point in worrying before, I'll do the worrying and crying after I get the results.
    I never worry about my exams and grades. I know that I'll pass most of them with a really good grade, without even studying especially much. I've come to the conclusion that worrying about my grades is a huge waste of valuable time (which I use to do nothing useful at all), since it'll work out in the end anyway.

Actually, I've reached the conclusion that worrying about anything at all is a huge waste of time, so I've simply stopped doing it. Also, I'm disproportionally happy all the time. I guess the song "Don't worry, be happy" was written for me - before I was born.

EDIT: Forgot to say "Congratulations!" to you Curly, so I'll do it now. Congratulations, Curly!
    Last edited by Teddy; 2010-07-15 at 11:06 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

I feel stupid now. An inexplicable piece of twine attempted to hotlink itself from my hard drive to an article I wrote for a site that has nothing to do with twine. I don't even know why it was there. The article then got shunted back to draft rather than going through. Of course, you can't see the twine because it's trying to hotlink from my hard drive, so when I went through with Wordpress visual editor it didn't show up and the note about uploading the image to the website seemed nonsensical.

Man. HTML. 's crazy.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

@^: Not familiar with Wordpress, but did you perhaps accidentally put an href in where you meant to put an image? And perhaps you also accidentally chose the wrong image, out of a folder that was not going to be a part of your web site?

That seems like a very peculiar problem, but also one that could happen. Especially if you're using an HTML editor, rather than hard coding it in a text editor.

Ah see, according to Archie, I've deluded all of you, going back in time (through the Guardian of Forever no less ) and making it so that TOS actually existed.

It's slighlty eerie though that your dad was what, sixteen to eighteen - I forget (US) High School ages - when TOS was released.
    Unless he saw a repeat.
    In which case it's not weird.
    Case in point: I saw Thunderbirbs when I was six.
    Well, let's see...

My dad was born in 1951, and TOS came out in 1966. That'd put him at 14/15 when it started airing, and in 1969, he'd be 17/18 when it ended. That's just a little bit less than an entire run of High School, so basically for his entire High School life, Star Trek was THE show to watch. Though by the time he was 18, he was at West Point learning to hate the military. Though he still managed to catch a glimpse of the Moon Landing while he was in the cafeteria, so that's pretty awesome too.

And I was in my school's only Computer-based class (basic computing/programming) when the Twin Towers were hit by a terrorist attack. That's...a little unsettling too. I was 14 at the time, and all of a sudden they just brought up on the TV in our school. And to think, we all thought the big event we would always remember would be the controversial vote counting of the year 2000 election.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-07-15 at 11:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

@^: Not familiar with Wordpress, but did you perhaps accidentally put an href in where you meant to put an image? And perhaps you also accidentally chose the wrong image, out of a folder that was not going to be a part of your web site?
    I had just copy pasted it for a birthday card (yeah... twine on a birthday card, don't ask) and presumably I accidentally hit CTRL+V instead of CTRL+B, attempting to paste the image into the article and since there was no indication that I'd done so, I ignored it.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

21. - Top - End - #201

I've long ago given up on convincing Archie that TOS ever existed.
    And by "long ago" she really means "this sunday just gone".

So that would make you responsible for Spock?
    <3

I should get a Heretic! avatar. Or simply a fainting Curly. I use those two so often.
    I imagine it might be a bit cramped if a heretic had to fit into your avatar to be denounced as such. Unless you denounced your cat as a heretic I suppose.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

This is why you always have to test your code before you implement it. *Nods* Those sorts of things happen all the time. Don't worry, Doggie. ^^;
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

Well, let's see...

My dad was born in 1951, and TOS came out in 1966. That'd put him at 14/15 when it started airing, and in 1969, he'd be 17/18 when it ended. That's just a little bit less than an entire run of High School, so basically for his entire High School life, Star Trek was THE show to watch. Though by the time he was 18, he was at West Point learning to hate the military. Though he still managed to catch a glimpse of the Moon Landing while he was in the cafeteria, so that's pretty awesome too.
    That's pretty amazing actually.
    My mum was six when Star Trek began, dad had just been born. But as I've said before, mum was a Whovian from the first.
    But she got into TNG when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    And by "long ago" she really means "this sunday just gone".
    Yes, that was 'long ago'. Very long ago. But oh so memorable.

So that would make you responsible for Spock?
    <3
    Yep, it makes me responsible for Spock. Just bask in my delicious geeky. Just add it to my list of accomplishments.

I imagine it might be a bit cramped if a heretic had to fit into your avatar to be denounced as such. Unless you denounced your cat as a heretic I suppose.
    Well, the cat would have to be the heretic. I mean, what would I do with the cat otherwise?
    Now for my avatar . . .
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-07-15 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Fussy formatting

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Banned

I found out that I write like J.D. Sallinger which is a bit odd because I feel as if I'm closer to Adams.

At the very least I didn't get stuck with John Knowles A Separate Peace is NO LONGER relevant to high school students! Can we please, PLEASE take it off the required reading list? It sits there, plaguing every 10th grade student in the nation, while Hitchiker's Guide presents a totally different way of looking at the world and manages to be off the required list?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

Generation gap: When my sisters and I rented the VHS tape of Mystery Science Theater 3000, the Movie (for we were cable-deprived and could not see this awesome new show my friends told me about), Dad investigated why we were laughing so hysterically, watched for a few minutes, and announced, "--I saw this when it was in theaters." Cue more screechy, hysterical laughter from the daughters.

Generation gap: It took me years to realize that in this clip, that the first meeting and "very interesting" were two halves of the same joke. Progress, I suppose.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    I found out that I write like J.D. Sallinger which is a bit odd because I feel as if I'm closer to Adams.
    Interesting, I find that I write more like a godawful hack.

And while we're at it, reading lists need more Terry Pratchett.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

27. - Top - End - #207
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Interesting, I find that I write more like a godawful hack.
    ... John Steinbeck?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground

Whilst Curly may indeed be responsible for Spock, she can't claim responsibility for Leonard Nimoy. You still have a way to go.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

... John Steinbeck?
    Dan Brown? Stephanie Meyer? Paolini?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

At the very least I didn't get stuck with John Knowles A Separate Peace is NO LONGER relevant to high school students! Can we please, PLEASE take it off the required reading list? It sits there, plaguing every 10th grade student in the nation, while Hitchiker's Guide presents a totally different way of looking at the world and manages to be off the required list?
    I managed to avoid John Knowles entirely, mostly because we got to choose from our reading list for the Summer, and my High School english teacher was the awesome kind of guy who would read us actual classics like Catcher in the Rye, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and To Kill a Mockingbird. AND I managed to get the Hitchhiker Trilogy attached to my reading list because my teachers accept it as a work of fine literature. AND I read several of Shakespear's plays and wrote about them because he's just that cool.

Yes, most awesome English Teacher ever.
    Spoiler
    Show