Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 749
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Yix


    Yix growls in he direction of the mushroom grove. It is hard to tell exactly what he is growling at, whether its the crystalline object, or the cracks beginning to form, or the situation in general. I know, Yix will save the day! Yix thinks to himself as he flies towards the lizardman, looking for any mechanism that is holding the chains together.

    ((Open Locks +8; Disable Device +6 Don't know which one is more appropraite.))

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    The tiny dragon is the first to reach the two prisoners. It immediately begins to attempt to pick the manacles' lock with its tail stinger.

    The lizardman, who had been straining against his bonds, tries to relax so as not to make the flying lizard's job any more difficult.

    Trinark sprints through the smoky haze, and kicks the crystalline device away from the prisoners. It tumbles and skids to a halt 20 ft away, but continues to pulsate ominously.

    The cracks grow ever larger, and the ground beings to shift. Something large is tunneling up through the rock from below ...

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tiriel

    crap crap crap. I knew the drow were twisted, but this plan... it's just foul. what to do what to do. save two unknowns or flee...
    She looks over at Ginevra, "You wanted to save them, so now what?!"
    Tiriel thinks she might have a decvent chance of destroying the mushrooms the two prisoners are chained to (2 handed atk w/flaming longsword vs mushroom=not much of a fight) but the whole shaking ground thing doesn't look good...
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Gnoll

    The Gnoll, seeing the cracks in the floor, is obviously fearfull, but not to the point of histeria. Instead of continuing pointlessly trying to free itself from the bonds, it starts to work itself arrond the trunk of the fungi, in an attempt to put it betwen itself and the cracks. Hsaving done this it tries to, rather than pull the chains apart, tries to uproot or break the fungi it is attached to in an attempt to escape, while making growling sounds in it's throat, most likely inaudiable to anyone in the area due to the incessant rumbling.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    Ginevra sprints over to the prisoners, pulling the lock picks from her belt pouch. She immediately goes to work on the bonds of the gnoll. She shouts over the rumbling, "Lie still while I free you! The less you struggle, the sooner you'll be free."
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Gnoll

    The gnoll haults it's actions at the vaguely familliar sound of the voice, trusting it as it's only real hope of survival.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Annarrkkii's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    She-town.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Andrea

    Andrea looks up, a rather dubious hair accessory added in the form of a large, melancholy lump of luminous mushroom.

    "Well... shroom."

    Drawing his bow, and knocking an arrow, Andrea began to lope towards the prisoners, raising the bow, half-drawn, to point uneasily at the widening hole.

    "Careful out there! We don't know what's coming through. Hang on, I'll be there in a sec!"

    ((Draw ranged weapon on the move toward the prisoners, take aim at crack and ready an action to shoot anything that should emerge and take hostile action.))
    Good grammar is hot.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orange Co. California

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Thallios, elf wizard

    (OOC: DR, what happened with my knowledge checks? And as long as we're at it, I want to see what I know about that pulsating device, please.
    Arcana +13, Dungeoneering +9 )

    Thallios made his way quickly around the perimeter of the cavern toward the direction the drow fled. He kept his eyes on the area in the center, where the floor was breaking apart.

    He prepared to cast Scorching Ray upon whatever appeared...
    Characters:&&&&Thallios Ilphunodel&&Harn&&&&And so Arthur and Bedevere and Sir Robin set out ... to find the enchanter of whom the old man spoke in scene 24.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Yix


    "Don't worry I will get you out of here!" Yix broadcasts to the Lizardman continuing to work the lock.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Lizardkin Druid

    The lizardkin nods to the dragon as the words form in his head. A calm had settled on him. In a land of all kinds of unnatural horrors, he did not expect what was coming to be something that could be dealt with easily.

    He remembered the companions he had lost, Dragon-heart(Taern) and Walks-in-balance (Graevic) in the last battle they had fought under the tower of his visions.

    Looking at the new pinkskins rushing to his aid, his drow companion brandishing his sword and the dragon hatchling attempting to free him from his binds, he wondered how many would fall if they did not flee.

    His eyes fall on where the cracks appear and do not waver anymore. He begins chanting. The endsong of the people.
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    The lizardman begins to growl. It takes a few moments before you figure out that his vocalizations are some sort of chant.

    Yix continues to work on the lizardman's lock while Ginevra tackles the gnoll's lock. They work as quickly as they can as the cracks grow ever larger. Tiriel steps forward raising her flaming longsword, "This is taking too long! Stand back!"

    Her sword arcs downward and bites deeply into the chains binding the gnoll, sending sparks and chunks of mushroom flying ...

    [hr]
    Trinark, Thallios, Tychus and Andrea take up defensive positions and ready themselves to attack. Si'rene climbs atop one of the smaller mushrooms and draws back her bow, aiming at the center of the fungus grove.

    A giant clawed limb bursts through the stony ground, a second limb follows, then a massive pair of mandibles with jagged teeth. The creature's head is dominated by a pair of compound insectoid eyes. As it clambers to its feet, it casts its gaze about, causing a wave of disorientation to wash over each of you ...





    OOC: Everyone will need to make a DC 15 Will save or be affected by Confusion. The creature's AC is 18 (touch AC 10). You can make your own save rolls, attack rolls, and damge rolls.

    p.s. Thallios has never seen anything like the device before. It appears to be some kind of homing beacon or a lure. Perhaps it is unique to the drow or to the Underdark.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Gnoll

    The gnoll starts with an inarticulate cry, recoiling away from the creature emergingfrom the cracks in the ground, and scrambles to find something to use as a weapon.

    (Ooc: I assume I'm naked at the moment. Will save d20+1=20. Good roll!)
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Trinark, Drow Cleric

    Trinark stares as the beast heaves inself out of the ground. A look of concern, then grim determination crosses his face. [Will save: 12+5=17]

    A prayer of blessing immediately comes to his lips. "Eilistraee, we ask for your gentle hand to guide our actions in our time of need!"

    [OOC: Initiative: 17 + 6 = 23]

    [OOC-2: Cast BLESS on our group, 50' radius to get as many of us as possible. Everyone gets a +1 to attack and +1 on saves vs. Fear effects.]

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Rei_Jin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    Tychus drops his whip and starts a battle dirge, whilst moving towards the gnoll. He tries to pass to him a Longsword, and pulls out a dagger for himself, readying for battle with a song on his lips.


    [OOC: Will save 1d20 +6=23
    Initiative 1d20 +2=19
    Bardic Music +1 to attack, damage and saves]
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Yix

    Yix lets out a growl, but then croons his pleasure at seeing this beast, only to then growl again. Yix makes no movement, rather just hovering there with a glazed look across his face (as glazed as a pseudodragon can get)


    ((Will Save 4+4=8))

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orange Co. California

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Thallios, Elf wizard

    Thallios gasped at the size of the menacing creature, and felt the enchantment break against his defenses -- effectively rattling but not crushing his will.

    The elf weaves his fingers into the necessary contortions, and spits out the necessary power words. Fiery rays lance out from his hands to strike at the monster.

    [OOC: Do we know what this is? I don't think bulette's have 'confusion' abilities...
    Will save: 9+5+2*=16
    *+2 racial save vs Enchantments
    Initiative: 5+2=7
    Ranged touch attack: 7+5+1=13
    By the way, Thallios' Mage Armor should still be in effect...]

    [EDIT: forgot to add the +1 from Trinark's Bless - thanks Trinark!]
    Characters:&&&&Thallios Ilphunodel&&Harn&&&&And so Arthur and Bedevere and Sir Robin set out ... to find the enchanter of whom the old man spoke in scene 24.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra
    Ginevra steps back as Tiriel cuts through the chains, hastily returning her picks to her belt pouch and closing it, then going for her sword. As the gaze of the strange creature passes over Ginevra, she takes a deep breath and exhales slowly, her eyes unmoving, staring into space.

    (Will Save 1d20+3=8)
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tiriel
    (OOC: I'm guessing that she's right next to it now...)
    Grinning, Tiriel turns toward the beast and trys to strike it with her sword.
    Attack: (1d20.each(8)=11)
    Will save: (1d20.each(2)=22)

    OOC: see post in OC thread...
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    The drow's eyes narrow as he mutters a prayer in Undercommon. The hairs on the back of your neck prickle as his spell takes effect.

    Tychus begins to sing, lifting your spirits and helping to counteract the confusing effects of the monster's gaze. The bard tosses his longsword to the newly freed gnoll, and draws a dagger for himself.

    The gnoll snarls disapprovingly at the human weapon, but with no better weapon available, the monstrous humanoid shrugs and accepts the blade for now.

    The monster has now heaved itself completely out of the ground. It stands roughly 8 feet tall and is nearly 5 feet across. Its entire body is covered with dark brown chitinous plates with scattered feelers throughout. Above its multifaceted insectoid eyes are a pair of frighteningly intelligent, almost human, smaller eyes that seem to bore directly into your souls.

    Si'rene and Andrea wobble gently on their feet babbling incoherently.

    Yix stops working at the lizardman's bonds. A look of confusion and fear fills the little dragon's eyes. It streaks directly for the monster and begins stabbing at it with its stinger, heedless of any danger.

    Ginevra, too, feels the effects of the hulking beast. She passes her hand across her forehead, then begins to draw her shortsword. The rogue feels like she is moving in slow-motion underwater, and it takes all of her mental concentration to accomplish this simple task.

    Tiriel grins in battle-lust as she turns and slashes the beast with her flaming sword. Her weapon glances off of its rock hard armor in a shower of sparks.

    Thallios' face is pale with horror, but he marshalls his wits enough to scorch the aberration with a fiery ray.

    The lizardman growls with frustration as he is left helplessly chained to his mushroom.




    OOC: Trinark casts bless. Tychus sings. Thallios hits with a scorching ray for 12 damage. Tiriel misses. Si'rene and Andrea are confused and can do nothing but babble.

    Yix rolled a 6 and can do nothing but attack the umber hulk for 8 rounds. Ginevra rolled an 18 and can act normally. Both Yix and Ginevra can submit rolls this round if they would like.



  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    Ginevra shakes her head as if she's just woken up from a drugged sleep. She realises she's holding something, looks down at her drawn shortsword, looks at the monster, and circles around behind it before attempting to stab it between its insect-like armor plates.

    (OOC: Attack roll 1d20=19+8=27! w00t! Critical! Critical roll 1d20=14+8=22. Ginevra will dodge out of sight of the insect-like creature behind the mushrooms after her attack, in case it tries to rip her head off.)
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Yix

    Yix lets out a small growl as it attacks the creature. No one can tell why the growl was issued though, whether it was sheer hate of the Umber Hulk, or just putting too much effort into attacking it. Yix manages to score a lucky hit, his stinger doesn't penetrate too far, but enough so that his poison can seep into the Umber Hulk.

    ((19+6=25
    Damage 1d3-2=1))

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tirel
    Not in the least undetured, Tiriel will continue to attack the Umberhulk:
    attack roll: (1d20.each(9)=19)
    And hits dealing:
    damage: (1d8.each(5)=12) + Fire: (1d6=2) = 14

    Realizing that most of the current party doesn't do well in straight meelee combat, she'll continue to stay near it and occupy it's attention.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Rei_Jin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    Realising the danger the party would be in if another one of these beasts were to appear, Tychus moves in to pick up the strange box, Casts Silence on it, and hurls it into the water, far away from them. After having done so, he stands with his Dagger at the ready, hoping to defend himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maryland

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Trinark, Drow Cleric

    Trinark moves to avoid the threat zone of the creature if possible. He plans to remain out of reach in order to aid (and heal) his comrades as necessary.

    "Someone try to circle behind the beast, spread out and harry it from all sides!"

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orange Co. California

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Thallios, elf wizard

    Seeing that Tychus took care of the thumping box, Thallios returned his attention to the monstrosity that had appeared from the ground.

    Too many compatriots were fighting the beast for him to risk Fireball, so he bent his fingers again in arcane forms, and yelled out the incantation for Scorching Ray.

    [Thallios casts Scorching Ray #2 at the Umberhulk]
    Characters:&&&&Thallios Ilphunodel&&Harn&&&&And so Arthur and Bedevere and Sir Robin set out ... to find the enchanter of whom the old man spoke in scene 24.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tiriel moves with practiced grace, deflecting the umber hulks claws as she slashes its armored limbs. Her flaming sword almost instantly cauterizes each would she inflicts, and the umber hulk seems oblivious to its injuries.

    However, when Ginevra sneaks up behind the beast and jams her shortsword between two of its armored plates, she definitely gets the umber hulk's attention. It whirls and slashes viciously at her. She barely manages to duck and roll away from the attack, but the creature is definitely focused on her now.

    Thallios burns the umber hulk again, leaving another scorch mark on its armored carapace. Yix, in a frenzy, plunges its stinger into the umber hulk's body, but the tiny dragon causes the monster about as much discomfort as a gnat.

    Trinark keeps off to the side, ready to aid any of his companions as necessary. The lizardman, meanwhile, continues to thrash about impatiently, forgotten for the moment it would seem.

    Tychus turns away from the melee and scoops up the pulsating drow device. Silencing it with a word and gesture, he then hurls it down one of the passages exiting the cavern. Immediately, the annoying pulsation ceases ...



  27. - Top - End - #297
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Lizardkin Druid

    Chanting the endsong, the lizardkin had almost accepted the inevitability of his death. Wishing in his heart that the pinkskins would flee from the monstrosity he was filled with regret as they placed themselves between him and it.

    What am I doing?.... these strangers fight for me.... with the loyalty.. of a pack

    He ceases the chant and instead slashes at the hard trunk he is chained to, repeatedly. Looking up at the peril of his packmates, a switch flips in his mind and something primal takes over. He slashes with a frenzy, ignoring the numbing pain in his claws. He remembered the remains of his kin, the last sight of a spear-wielder, the fall fo a dwarf. He pushes the memories aside and gives in to the rage. An emotion un-natural to a cold-blooded reptile.

    No more... no more..
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Gnoll

    Seeing the others engage the massive creature, the Gnoll takes the proffered sword and charges the creature yelling, "I will bite your tendon's and you shall fall" in it's thick Gnoll accent.

    [Ooc: d20+10=12. Oops, forgot to factor in charging bonus. => d20+12=14]
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tiriel
    Seeing her friend become the monster's next target, Tirel continues her assault:

    attack(+2 for bless/bardic music)= (1d20.each(10)=25)

    damage(+1 for bardic music)= (1d8.each(6)=13) + Fire= (1d6=4) =17

    OOC: I assume this happens after the Gnoll's charge...
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Yix

    Yix continues to feel a deep loathing towards the Umber Hulk, and keeps stabbing at the beast. He manages to stab at the beast again, but the blow doesn't seem to do anything.


    ((Attack: 15+6+1=22
    Damage: 2-2+1=1 (Haha Damage thank you bardic music)

    Forgot the music))


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •