Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 749
  1. Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, FL

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    ooc: can a ranger use survival to detect how far underground he is? if not, he'll try to figure out which way is North.

    Andrea squints, scrutinizing the rock around them in all directions. Then he scrunches his face and rolls back his eyes as if trying to remember something.

    survival: 2 + 8 = 10
    _ravenloft campaign day 1_&&player: my paladin attempts to detect evil.&&dm: your head esplode.&&&&&&Andrea&&http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=1620&&

  2. Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    The bard grimaces and tugs at the binding around his neck absently.

    "I'm not seeing a way clear to snag the keys from whoever they've got in charge; you'd think he'd have to sleep sometime, na? Or as close as elves come to it, at least," he amends.

    He frowns for a while, lost in thought, then looks up.

    "It's something of a long shot," he says, "but I might use the magic of my poetry to hold our captors' attention, then get one of them to unlock our bonds. It's not bound to be easy -- it's usually harder to do with elves, y'see -- but it is a thought."

  3. Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    "That's a good idea, Tychus," she says. And if there was any way you could quietly help me pick this accursed lock, I would appreciate your doing it."
    (OOC: Unlock, unlock, unlock the annoyingly well-made and secure chains... ;) If Tychus can help, she keeps trying to open the lock. If he can't, she tries once more, then gives the lizard back its tail. Ginevra also looks around to see if there are any other life forms in the cave, and she studies the collars to see if they have an ordinary lock or appear to be solid iron, i.e. they open and close by magic.)
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  4. Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Lizardkin Druid

    I wouldn't call her human
    is the thought that echoes back to the little lizard in the cage from the lizardkin druid.
    Turning his back on the other prisoners and sitting away from the gnoll and magical human, the lizardkin studies his drow friend before sighing. He nudges him and imparts what he believs are priorities.


    "Eat. Rest. Strange but we could not be safer for now"


    He flops belly down, protecting his softer abdomen and underside and rests.
    OOC: Rest and recover hp and spells
    Raik Ir'Ghandalla ; Chiron ; Tanis Torrn d'Thraask


    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  5. Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Gnoll rest for the wicked

    "Bah! the gnoll exclaims as he gives up trying to break his bonds and instead trys to wiggle out of them.


  6. Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    The man shakes his head, grinning ruefully. "'Fraid not; like most of those of my profession, my only real skills hinge on making a lot of noise." His grin fades as he settles down to staring at the small lizard in his cage. "I wonder," he says softly, looking to the struggling gnoll. Surely the lock on a cage of that size couldn't be thatdifficult to break... But no, there would be little use in trying to convince that one of anything. Instead, he looks to the lizardman.

    He leans over, speaking to the reptilian humanoid and speaking clearly. "Can you understand my words, friend?"

  7. Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    As Tychus attempts to engage the lizardman in conversation, Trinark peers intently at the drow soldiers.

    He recognizes their insignia, which indicate that this platoon is based out of Undrek'Thoz, the Segmented City (specifically from Phaundakulzan).

    The scattered words he can overhear suggest that the entire group is moving toward Phaudakulzan, where the prisoners will presumably be sold as slaves.

    There is particular interest in selling the gnoll and the lizardman to the Thayans that live above Undrek'Thoz.

    [hr]
    Beads of sweat break out on Ginevra's brow as she continues to work on the lock to the lizard's cage. After an hour of work, the lock finally turns with a soft snick.

    She quickly looks around, but none of the drow seem to have been paying attention to her activities. Most of the drow continue to kneel, eyes closed in meditation.



  8. Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tiny Dragon

    The tiny dragon stares in disbelief as the door of his cage, which he had just nudged experimentally with his nose, swung open with a quiet squeak. *I... *I'm... *free! *I'm free! the small lizard exclaimed telepathically to the she-human and lizard-human, so far the only proven allies that he cared to tell. *Flapping his wings experimentally, he almost shouted a triumphant roar when he suddenly realized just where he was.

    Looking around cautiously, his ears pricked for the slightest sign of Drow coming (Spot +5, Listen +7, if he hears/sees Drow coming he will try and blend into the shadows near the wall with Hide +20 and Move Silently +10), the tiny creature crept towards the lizard-human after a moment of consideration between who of his two 'allies' to choose, deciding in the end on the burly lizard-human simply for its strength. *Sure, the she-human could pick a lock pretty well, but she looked much to scrawny to be worth much in a fight, and the consequences for lacking a strong ally were now quite clear the tiny dragon thanks to these Drow. *Flapping his wings as quietly as he could, he flew to the lizard-human's side and began fiddling with the lock, quite anxious to get out of here and often pausing to look around at what he thought was a noise behind him.
    Life may not be the party you wanted, but as long as you\'re here, you might as well dance.&&&&Going back and forth between a lot of places for the remainder of the summer, so expect posting to be at least semi-sporadic.

  9. Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orange Co. California

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Thallios, elf wizard

    The blue-haired elf stared, mouth agape. She... DID it! He was, as he found himself increasingly often, amazed at what humans could do in adverse situations.

    Well, things were in motion for better or ill. Now that the little dragon was free and capable of sneaking about - and possibly even retrieving weapons, magic items or spell components - perhaps this was the right time for the 'distraction' Tychus Helder and Ginevra had both expressed a wish for. But will the diminutive winged lizard be willing to help the rest of the prisoners? he wondered.

    "Ginevra," he began quietly, nudging Tychus Helder and Andrea to get their attention as well, "you've talked to the creature. Do you think the little... dragon... could be convinced to retrieve gear? Like a proper lockpick, or spell components, or weapons?"

    Thallios looked pointedly at the other non-humans before continuing. "We could stage a confrontation between prisoners as a cover for it's activities."
    Characters:&&&&Thallios Ilphunodel&&Harn&&&&And so Arthur and Bedevere and Sir Robin set out ... to find the enchanter of whom the old man spoke in scene 24.

  10. Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    Distracted by Ginevra's sudden success, Tychus nods to the elf. "I believe that could be arranged, if the fellow in question is willing to help us out." He grins widely, with the first honest humor he's displayed since finding himself bound by the drow. "Always hated you damned pointy-ears, mucking about in everyone's business, looking down your noses at all of us, someone ought to teach you a lesson, so on, so forth, and forthwith."

  11. Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    The green-eyed woman looks at Thallios.

    "I don't know. It'll probably be willing to get some of our stuff, but I don't know how much it'd be able to get us without being noticed. Most of the drow are sleeping, such as it is, but all drow are alert and watchful. I don't think the... dragon... would be able to remove anything from a chest unnoticed, but if spell components or something like that were lying on the ground, the dragon could probably retrieve them for us."

    Little one, can you hear me? She thinks this as loud as she can, staring at the little dragon. If we could distract the drow, could you try to retrieve some of our equipment for us? If you could retrieve spell components or lockpicks, more of us could be freed. She pauses. Also, what is your name? Even when I was little, I never enjoyed being called 'little one'.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  12. Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Your group remains chained together and isolated in the center of the cave, so the walls are too far away (100 ft) in all directions to provide much cover, but Ginevra tries to keep the small, now-empty cage behind her back so that the tiny dragon's escape won't be noticed.

    The little winged lizard creeps over and hides in the lizardman's shadow and begins working on his lock. The lizardman opens his eyes briefly, takes in the situation, then closes his eyes again, breathing slowly and deeply so as not to alert the drow that anything special is happening.

    [hr]
    Some of the meditating drow begin to stir. A whispered conversation takes place near the dim lantern, then three drow stand and begin to walk toward your group.

    One is a drow sergeant who carries a spiked chain coiled over his shoulders. The other two are drow soldiers from his squad, who **** and load their hand crossbows as they approach.



    OOC: The three drow are approximately 60 ft away ...

  13. Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tiny Dragon

    I am Yix. *I-- the little dragon's answer to the she-human's question is cut short he notices as the Drows' approach. He immediately gives up trying to unlock the lizard-human's chain and jumps down to the floor, moving quickly to its cage and closing the door as quietly as he can behind him with his tail. *(Move Silently +10)
    Life may not be the party you wanted, but as long as you\'re here, you might as well dance.&&&&Going back and forth between a lot of places for the remainder of the summer, so expect posting to be at least semi-sporadic.

  14. Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Unable to wriggle out of the collar, Hargut yells at the approaching drow. Hey, I am getting a cramp here, and my fur is getting rubbed off, you guys got any lotion?"

  15. Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    The bard's face turns grim as he notices the three drow on their way over. "Hold, we're havin' visitors," he hisses. "Friend Thallios, I hope you've whatever spells you can cast ready; I'm not sure what they're wantin' with us."

    He sits back and runs through the few spells he can still cast, holding them at the back of his mind, poised and waiting to coil forth on the approaching drow.

  16. Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, FL

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Andrea

    The Harper, on seeing the captors angry approach, makes a quick stab at appeasement. In a moment of surprising calm and focus, he speaks to their arrogance and business sense (not their mercy...):

    "Most incomprehensibly graceful masters, surely we are less than no threat to you under the best of circumstances. How might we best help ensure that we're delivered to our our destination in the best possible condition to serve?

    Diplomacy: 18 + 12 = 30
    _ravenloft campaign day 1_&&player: my paladin attempts to detect evil.&&dm: your head esplode.&&&&&&Andrea&&http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=1620&&

  17. Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orange Co. California

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Thallios, elf wizard

    The blue-robed elf saw the approaching drow and considered the potential threat. *Drow armed with crossbows. *If they approach closely, then they don't anticipate real trouble. *When the archers maintain distance is when you really have to worry...

    He loosened up and shifted slightly so he wouldn't look conspiratorily close to his neighbors. *At the same time, he limbered up his arms to make sure they were free of constraint. *His spells would require some gesturing to be effective - if it came to that.

    As Andrea began to speak persuasively, Thallios decided to observe for a bit. *He looked closely at the drow sergeant... did he have keys? *Did he wield spell components?
    EDIT spot +2

    Perhaps they will be their own distraction... *what I wouldn't give for 'protection from arrows' right now!
    Characters:&&&&Thallios Ilphunodel&&Harn&&&&And so Arthur and Bedevere and Sir Robin set out ... to find the enchanter of whom the old man spoke in scene 24.

  18. Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    The green-eyed woman decides to observe the drow as well, looking for weapons within reach. (Spot +11) If they have daggers in their boots... damn. I was never good at picking pockets. She puts on a catlike expression, like being chained up and threatened by armed drow was totally her idea. Then she thinks at the dragon, Yix, is it possible you could take a dagger out of one of these guard's boots, and remain unseen and unheard? If it's too much, don't do it, I don't want you to be responsible for jeapordizing our safety...
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  19. Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    The winged lizard stealthily slips back into its small cage and closes the door behind. Its actions are hidden by Ginevra's body. Some of you sit up or even try to speak as the three drow approach.

    The two soldiers flanking the sergeant step to the side and take up flanking positions 30 ft away from your group, covering you with their hand crossbows. The sergeant steps forward alone, murmuring to himself.

    He shifts his coiled spiked chain, which clinks softly, and pulls an iron key from a small pouch on his belt. He is armored in some kind of chain shirt. Its links are finely crafted, and the mail moves quietly with the sergeant's movements. Besides the spiked chain, he carries a pair of fine daggers on his belt. He is handsome, as are all males of his race, and his movements are graceful and sure. But his eyes are hard, suggesting that he is experienced and battle-hardened ...

    The sergeant ignores Andrea and instead addresses Trinark in Undercommon.

    "Stand, citizen!"


  20. Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Female Warrior
    Moving as quickly as she can, the warrior will throw her enchanted stone as hard as possible, while still maintaining accuracy, at the drow sergeant's head.

    She will then draw her sword and attack the nearst enemy.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  21. Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Bright light floods the cave as a human female steps forward and hurls a daylight enchanted rock at the drow sergeant.

    Although she is too far away to actually hurt the drow, the light emanating from the rock is so bright that the sergeant, and the other drow in the cave (including Trinark), are temporarily blinded.

    The female warrior begins to lay into the nearby drow soldiers with her longsword. Her weapon is already bloody, suggesting that she had already dispatched some sentries on her way into the cave ...

    [hr]
    The sudden, painfully bright illumination and the chaos that occurs as the blinded drow stumble about is confusing and disorienting.

    Each of you can't help thinking, What in the hells is going on?

    It would appear that someone is trying to attack the entire drow encampment single-handedly. Not exactly the kind of prison break one might have hoped for, but it might be the opportunity you have been waiting for ...

    [hr]
    Ginevra spins around, squinting against the bright light. She spots the female warrior as she cuts down a blinded drow soldier, and immediately recognizes her as one of her companions. Tiriel!

    Ginevra shakes her head at this crude attempt at a "rescue", then focuses her attention on taking as much advantage of this distraction as possible ...


  22. Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    In spite of himself, the bard can't help grinning as the woman takes on an entire platoon of drow by herself. Foolhardy, sure, but it was a foolhardiness he admired. Seeing the drow are blinded, he figures the startled sergeant must have dropped the little iron key which he'd had in hand when the lady warrior had charged the camp, and strains for a glimpse of it.

    [[Spot +2...if he can see where it fell, he will mage hand the key into his possession and free himself, then set to work freeing the other prisoners as quickly as humanly possible.]]

  23. Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    Tiriel! They found us after all.
    Ginevra wastes no more time thinking for the moment. She grabs for a dagger from the blinded drow's belt (OOC: If she gets it, she'll stab him), while looking for any other companions. (Spot +11) Yix! she thinks at the dragon. Can you distract any of the guards?
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  24. Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, FL

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Andrea

    If he has any opportunity to grab a key or let Tychus unlock him in the initial confusion, he'll do so.

    If he's near a Drow that doesn't have keys, he'll grapple the knave, trying to rip away its bow or other weapon.

    If he's standing all alone, with nothing to do, he'll sing a boisterous song about the unpredictable ways of Lady Luck with a more than a hint of irony (bardic music inspire courage +1).

    _ravenloft campaign day 1_&&player: my paladin attempts to detect evil.&&dm: your head esplode.&&&&&&Andrea&&http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=1620&&

  25. Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Lizardkin Druid

    Recognising the drow warrior that stood nearest to him as the one who had captured and chained him like some lesser animal, the lizardman controlled himself and kept still and his eyes closed to a degree as he approached the prisoner group.

    In the instant of the bright light, he shut his eyes tightly until he felt his eyes shift into the normal spectrum of vision before snapping them open and lunging for the sergeant with his bared claws.

    As soon as he could free himself, he intended to kill as many drow between him and where their equipment lay.

    OOC: My character knows the importance of Trinark's sword. He will try to retrieve it as well as as anything that he recosnises as belonging to them. After that I'm grabbing the blinded Trinark and running.
    Raik Ir'Ghandalla ; Chiron ; Tanis Torrn d'Thraask


    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  26. Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Yix

    Yix turned away quickly as the bright light shot through the room, shutting his eyes tightly. Never one to waste an opportunity, though, he waited only a few seconds before he snapped them open again and, though still blinking furiously, burst out of his cage and charged at the nearest Drow, lashing out his tail aggressively as he flew.
    Life may not be the party you wanted, but as long as you\'re here, you might as well dance.&&&&Going back and forth between a lot of places for the remainder of the summer, so expect posting to be at least semi-sporadic.

  27. Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus reaches out his hand and the iron key flies into his grasp. He immediately unlocks his collar and turns to the others.

    Though still chained, Ginevra draws a dagger from the sergeant's belt and plunges it into his shoulder. He grunts in pain, then spins away as he fumbles for his spiked chain.

    The tiny dragon (about the length of an arm from its snout to the tip of its tail) streaks like a bullet from its cage and attacks one of the two drow with hand crossbows. The stinger at the end of its tail plunges into a gap in the drow's armor. With a sigh, the soldier drops to the ground unconscious.

    As the drow sergeant stumbles away from you prisoners, suddenly the sound of hand bells pierces the air - he has inadvertently triggered the ward placed around your group.

    The magical ringing only adds to the confusion and chaos. There is shouting and cursing in Undercommon from the drow, murmurs of consternation from the grimlocks, and the sound of boots stumbling about on stone. Above the cacophony, a clear voice rises in song - Andrea sings his thanks to Tymora, lifting all of your spirits.

    The other prisoners stand, eager to be released from their chains before the drow can reorient themselves.



    OOC: Tychus can free two prisoners per round. I will need to know which other prisoners (if any) he frees and in which order. By the way, don't forget about the OOC thread. It's a good place for discussing the game and getting to know each other.

  28. Top - End - #88
    grey_angel
    Guest in the Playground

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Elf Sorceress/Fighter

    * Following the commotion, she strides swiftly - but calmly - twoard the illuminated room. Entering the room, she scans it quickly - squinting slightly - and notices that the drow are, at the moment, defenseless. She also sees Ginevra, Tiriel, and the other prisoners rushing to maintain power over the drow.
    * She takes a step or two back, slightly behind the door frame, standing at an angle so as to be able to periphrially see those entering the room. She dislodges the longbow from her shoulder. Raising it, she aims slowly at the Drow Sergeant's temple.
    * She breathes in. Breathes out.
    * You know, I always considered your kind much prettier dead....
    * Fire.
    * .....than alive.

  29. Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orange Co. California

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Thallios, elf wizard

    Thallios saw the crossbow-wielding drow take up positions at medium range. *If it's Larethian's will that I die... then I will go proudly.

    But just as the sergeant calls out to the prisoner drow, there was shouting and a brilliant glare of daylight breaking the perpetual dimness! *The elf in blue robes grinned at the audacious attack, unsure exactly of how many rescuers had arrived.

    Thallios stood, wasting no time, and began to speak words of power and gesture. *He chose a target within range and let loose with scorching ray.


    OOC: Thallios plans to follow up by casting Magic Missiles twice at drow at the perimeter of the cavern unless he is released from the chain sooner, in which case he'll head for the dubious cover of the chests containing all of their gear. *However, if the drow cast a spell or spell-like effect such as darkness, he will use his 'signature spell' to dispel magic. *

    As I'm new to this pbp thing, please let me know if there are any character stats I should be supplying such as Scorching Ray's save DC, which is 16.
    Characters:&&&&Thallios Ilphunodel&&Harn&&&&And so Arthur and Bedevere and Sir Robin set out ... to find the enchanter of whom the old man spoke in scene 24.

  30. Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus, human bard

    Against his better judgment, Tychus turns first to the gnoll, sliding in the key and unlocking the savage humanoid's bonds then standing back hurriedly. With all haste he turns to Thallios, Andrea and Ginevra, unlocking their chains as well and leaving them free to pursue their own agendas.

    "We need our gear!" he shouts, trying to be heard over the cavalcade of sound. "Get me my spell components, if you can! Small brown leather pouch!"

    He will turn his attention to the lizardman and the drow, unlocking their collars as well, and then weave his poetic homage -- the first stanza of the saga of Eldric the Bold -- into Andrea's song.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •