Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 749
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    Not far behind his lizardkin companion, Tychus sees the drow commander -- strikingly beautiful, as seems par for the course for the drow -- cast a spell and lay hand on the lantern, dimming the radiance of the light-enscorcelled rock and allowing the drow full use of their vaunted eyes.

    Weaponless, there is little enough the bard can do against their enemies at this point -- but perhaps he can turn the tide back in his reptilian companion's favor. Still running flat-out, he ducks and weaves his way through the drow clustered around their commander. Snatching up the lantern on his way through, he skids to a halt about fifteen feet beyond the entrenched drow, using his momentum to hurl the lantern with all his might towards the far wall.

    [[EDIT -- OOC: Tumble +10, to avoid all of those AoOs I'm almost certainly incurring.]]

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tiriel
    Tirel will continue to do her best to hold the entrance.

    (ooc: yeah, uh that seems to be her only choice at the moment. She'll act defensivly, waiting for an opening before attacking. Go ahead and roll for me DR, I'll be at work until late tonight).
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Yix

    Yix clenched his teeth and growled as the darkness spell was cast, immediately spinning around and searching for the caster. *After all, for a caster to cast that spell, they must be at least more powerful and would be likely to cause much more trouble than a few measly crossbow bolts. *Without giving the matter any more thought, the tiny dragon's eyes narrowed as he spotted and made a beeline towards the Drow Commander, his tail raised and his jaw clenched.
    Life may not be the party you wanted, but as long as you\'re here, you might as well dance.&&&&Going back and forth between a lot of places for the remainder of the summer, so expect posting to be at least semi-sporadic.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    Ginevra backs up against the cave wall behind her, trying to fight defensively, as Yix speeds towards the drow commander.

    (OOC: She'll go for the most dangerous opponent first.)
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    At the cave entrance

    The grimlocks swarm forward, overwhelming Tiriel, who does her best to keep the cave entrance clear and to protect her elf companion.

    The mass of grimlocks pushes both would-be rescuers back, even as another grimlock goes down beneath Tiriel's sword.

    OOC: The grimlocks use bullrush to push the characters out of the cave. Tiriel slays another grimlock.

    At the chests

    Tychus dodges and tumbles over to the lantern and hurls it away from the melee. By removing the protective darkness, he ensures that the drow will remain dazzled.

    He avoids the slashing rapier of one drow, but a second drow picks up his crossbow and shoots Tychus in the back. This time, the drow poison does its work, and the bard slips into unconsciousness.

    The lizardman and and the drow lieutenant remain locked in combat. The lizardman fights tooth and nail against the stylized, flowing techiques employed by the falchion-wielding drow. Both draw blood, but neither is able to decisively wound the other.

    Off to the side, Andrea is not faring so well. Two other drow join in grappling the harper into submission. One places a dagger against Andrea's throat. The meaning is clear, "Surrender or die."

    The drow commander draws a wicked-looking dagger from beneath her bodice as she watches the lizardman and her lieutenant locked in combat. She begins to circle around behind the lizardman, but then she spots Yix streaking towards her like an arrow from across the other side of the cavern.

    She points her finger, and a series of four magic missiles blast the tiny dragon out of the sky.

    OOC: Yix takes 12 points of damage.

    At the packages

    Left alone facing five drow soldiers, Ginevra attempts to defend herself with only a single dagger. She tries keeping her back against the packages so that the drow can't surround her.

    The sergeant makes some hand signs, and two of the soldiers step backward, sheathing their rapiers and reloading their hand crossbows. The sergeant and the remaining two soldiers harry Ginevra with their rapiers, but seem strangely unwilling to make full force attacks against her, as if unwilling to risk damaging the packages behind her back.

    At the back of the cave

    Trinark imbues Thallios' dagger with darkness. Unfortunately, once the daylight effect is restored by Tychus' actions, the dark aura surrounding the dagger provides little cover. It does however, make Trinark much more comfortable.

    They quickly survey the situation. It doesn't look good. The two "rescuers" have their hands full against more than 20 grimlocks. Three prisoners are already unconscious or restrained. The lizardman fights furiously, but the odds are stacked against him. Likewise, Ginevra is greatly outnumbered and surrounded.

    Unarmed and unarmored, it seems unlikely that the prisoners will prevail against the drow in straightforward combat. Is there any other option?

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    The Gnoll snores loudly.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    grey_angel
    Guest in the Playground

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Elf Fighter/Sorceress

    Takes a step back to her previous position and arms herself with her oathbow once more. Aiming for one of the grimlocks that is severly wounded, she takes a shot.
    Immediately after taking a shot, she reaches for another arrow, preparing for another shot - at the same grimlock, or another one if said grimlock is not killed.
    Thoughts race through her mind. Her hands are quick and experienced. So this is what my ex-boyfriend meant by "The thrill of the hunt." She smirks, pretending each grimlock is her former lover. Ah, much better.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Yix

    Yix grimaces and growls from the ground, having been knocked out of the air by the sorceress' missiles, blood dripping from his maw as he takes the air once again and continues his charge. *Damn Drow, he thinks as he prepares his tail to strike at the Drow's neck, a malicious glint in his eyes.
    Life may not be the party you wanted, but as long as you\'re here, you might as well dance.&&&&Going back and forth between a lot of places for the remainder of the summer, so expect posting to be at least semi-sporadic.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    Ginevra quickly cuts open the packages, ready to break, smash, or otherwise damage what's inside.
    "Move back and drop your weapons, or I'll destroy every one of these packages!" she says loudly.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orange Co. California

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Thallios, elf wizard

    Thallios took stock of the situation and quickly realized that his original plan would not work. The battle going on with the drow commander was no longer a chaotic frenzy that he could expect to slip up on unseen; rather, it was an orderly fight of several drow restraining one remaining human and the brave and fearsome lizard man facing off against a powerful adversary.

    That was no place for the sort of trickery remaining in Thallios's repertoir.

    The Grimlocks had seemingly swept their would-be rescuers from the room. He couldn't think of what to do for that situation.

    But here's something, he thought. The rogue has managed some kind of standoff. But outnumbered as she is, it may only be a matter of time before the drow press their advantage...

    He decided that whatever she was up to, perhaps his talents could be of use. Speaking over his shoulder to the drow prisoner, he said Well, my new ally, things go very poorly for our compatriots. I must go and see if I can still be of any help. Accompany me if you wish; we could use that crossbow.

    With that, Thallios headed straight for Ginevra and the packages and the drow. He was counting on the concealing darkness emanating from his stolen drow dagger to make him an unappealing target, but just in case he tried to come directly from behind the rogue where the drow would think twice about firing at him.

    OOC: If he makes it to Ginevra without being taken out ;-) Thallios will step up beside her, take a quick look at the package she opened, but otherwise watch the drow warily and pay attention to everything Ginevra does. With any luck, Trinark will also be there with the poison crossbow.
    Characters:&&&&Thallios Ilphunodel&&Harn&&&&And so Arthur and Bedevere and Sir Robin set out ... to find the enchanter of whom the old man spoke in scene 24.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, FL

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Andrea

    Ah. This time... bold choice: wrong choice. Still, we may see yet.

    Not seeing any immediate option, he doesn't struggle against the captors.
    _ravenloft campaign day 1_&&player: my paladin attempts to detect evil.&&dm: your head esplode.&&&&&&Andrea&&http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=1620&&

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    "STOP!!!!!!"

    Although the drow commander shouts out in Undercommon, her cry immediately freezes everyone in their tracks.

    The drow and grimlocks cease their actions, though they continue to hold their weapons ready. The dagger is removed from Andrea's neck.

    The cavern is still except for the ringing of the alarm bells. With a wave of his hand, the lieutenant silences them. He is breathing hard and bleeding from several gashes inflicted by the lizardman, but he does not lower the point of his falchion.


    [hr]
    Ginevra looks down at the package she has just slashed open. Underneath several layers of heavy canvas is a mass of wet leaves.

    [hr]

    In the sudden silence, the drow commander calls out in Common.

    "I would not do that if I were you."









  13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orange Co. California

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Thallios, elf wizard

    The elf, surrounded by a cloud of darkness which obscured his vision substantially, froze in his tracks at the commanding drow shout. There was no mistaking the imperative in the voice, she wanted everyone's attention and she wanted it "NOW".

    Thallios hadn't quite reached Ginevra's side - he was midway to her, which placed him about halfway between the center of the cavern and the edge, midway between 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock. Despite the concealment of the illusion surrounding him, he felt dangerously exposed in the sudden silence.

    Then the female drow gave her warning in common, "I would not do that if I were you." He knew immediately she wasn't speaking to him. It was something Ginevra was doing. She really has stumbled onto something!
    Characters:&&&&Thallios Ilphunodel&&Harn&&&&And so Arthur and Bedevere and Sir Robin set out ... to find the enchanter of whom the old man spoke in scene 24.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    She clearly wants attention. She wants everyone to stop what they're doing and look at me. Damn... there's no way to get out of this. This is going to be stalemate if I don't talk out of it.

    "Why would you not do it? For my benefit, or for yours?" Ginevra looks at the matted wet leaves again, then at the drow commander.

    "What's so important in these packages? Dragon eggs? I can read Undercommon, I saw the colors on the packages. The colors are the same as those of the evil-hearted dragons of the realms. Even if they aren't dragon eggs, what are they for? Tell me, or I will destroy these packages. Don't tell me you don't care if I do, it's not true." She looks defiantly and confidently at the commander, all the while standing over the leaves with her dagger pointed at their heart.

    (OOC: Sense Motive +0 for the drow commander, please.)
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    His head swimming, the bard fights his way back into consciousness. He moves little, hoping to deceive his enemies into thinking that he is still unconscious. From what he can see, all the fighting has stopped -- at least for the time being. Have they been defeated? No, from what he can see, several of his comrades are still up and armed, including their two rescuers -- and Ginevra, who appears to be threatening the contents of the mysterious packages. Likely why everyone's stopped fighting, he figures -- whatever's in there, the drow are apparently dead set on not having it destroyed.

    Perhaps even to the point of allowing their captives to go free, in exchange for the cargo's safety?

    Moving carefully, the bard pushes himself up from the undignified sprawl the viciously poisoned dart had left him in, pulling the offending projectile out of his back with a grimace. He pulls himself into a standing position, listening further to the conversation between the Drow commander and Ginevra. He is experienced in the art of delicate negotiation -- though rarely has he been in a situation more delicate than this -- and he watches both the Drow command post and Ginevra for context clues, something to give him a handle on the situation.

    [Fort save vs. Drow poison: 16]

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    The drow commander glares at Ginevra from across the cavern for a moment. Under "normal" circumstances, Ginevra would be flayed alive, then drawn and quartered by grimlocks for having the insolence to address the commander as if they were equals.

    Drow officers are, however, above all highly disciplined and highly intelligent. Her jaw unclenches as she visibly forces herself to relax. She pauses, then speaks clearly but calmly in delightfully accented Common, her voice carrying easily to all of the prisoners.

    "If you do that, neither you nor your fellow prisoners will ever see the surface again. You will all die here, and your bodies will be decapitated and left for the oozes, otyughs, and carrion crawlers ..."

    She pauses to let her words sink in.

    "But I must admit that you are bold and resourceful, qualities that we drow admire. Put down your weapon and step away. You may go in safety. You have my word."








  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    Ginevra throws the commander a scornful look. "Your word? As far as I know and as far as I'm concerned, your word is worthless. You obviously don't care about anything but the contents of these packages. You consider us beneath you, and you are likely to kill us even if we back down, just to get us off your nerves, because as far as you know, we'll follow you if we're set free." Ginevra looks the drow commander directly in the eyes. "And as far as you know, we're not willing to die to halt your efforts. I've met enough drow in my time, and I know how they think. Well, guess what? You're wrong. Now tell me what's in these packages, or they will be destroyed, though on my own life be it."
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tychus

    The bard hesitates. His finely-tuned social instinct tells him that the drow commander is speaking the truth, on both accounts. She would not hesitate to have all of the prisoners slain -- likely in some manner considered excruciatingly painful, even by drow -- but she seems sincere in her promise that Ginevra will be free to walk away if she puts down her weapon and does not harm the packages.

    The promise, however, makes no provisions for the other captives -- a subject, incidentally, that is rather near and dear to the bard's heart -- nor in truth for Ginevra's well-being after she walks away. Furthermore, the drow are not precisely renowned for their generosity.

    Things are not looking all that hopeful.

    Still...

    Tychus clears his throat, silently offering a desperate prayer to Tymora as he does so. "Fair Lady, if you will grant me a word...I do not doubt that you will do precisely as you say if the items my companion is threatening are harmed. They must be objects of infinite value when weighed against the lives of a few paltry slaves, and the deaths you visit upon all of us should they be harmed in any way would doubtless be excruciating and terrible.

    "I fear, however, that you may be in a more precarious situation than we, for it is also doubtless that your commander would hold you personally responsible for whatever damages are done to these objects of such great value by mere surfacer prisoners. Whatever horrible deaths await us should my companion damage your prizes, I can only assume that your own would be no less horrible for such failure.

    "When compared to such a prospect, Lady, what value have a few surfacer slaves? For your sake and ours, grant us our meager belongings and allow us to flee unhindered, for if my companion makes good her threats, both our fates and yours will be sealed."

    [[OOC: Diplomacy Check: 16 + 18 = 34]]

  19. - Top - End - #139
    grey_angel
    Guest in the Playground

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Elf Fighter/Sorceress

    Reloading her bow, she raises it and aims for the drow commander just as the cave falls silent. Everyone is watching Ginevra, while the elf keeps her attention on the commander, ready to execute if necessary.
    She does, however, listen closely to the conversation. She quicly switches her aim to Ginevra and the packages, glancing at the contents of the open package. She returns her aim to the drow commander, this time concentrating entirely on the base of the commander's head.
    The elf is perfectly aware that whatever the packages contain could possibly be deadly. Or, perhaps, simply something a visitor to the Underdark would not wish to have in their possession.
    But I have been know to be wrong.....once or twice, she thinks as she stands - half visible - steady and prepared to take action if the present conversation became more threatening.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, FL

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Andrea

    hiisssht...
    Andrea inhales through clenched teeth as the swordswoman makes her bold gambit. Still...can't fault her nerve.

    He opens his mouth to speak even as the other bard attempts to smooth over the situation, then stops short of making a sound.
    Well said, man. I should think I'd have spoke much the same. If Fortune's gold glint reaches us at this dark depth, your silver tongue surely shines as bright.
    _ravenloft campaign day 1_&&player: my paladin attempts to detect evil.&&dm: your head esplode.&&&&&&Andrea&&http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=1620&&

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Lizardkin Druid

    The druid had rolled away and both had been poised to leap into the fray when the the drow leader had called out. The drow male had lowered his falchion and as he prepared to leap he noticed that everyone ahd stopped moving.

    Licking his shoulder wound. He moved into a position where he could keep both the drow leader and his opponent in his field of vision.
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    The drow commander's eyes flash at Ginevra's words.

    "My word is all that you have and all that you will need. Whether or not you and your companions are willing to die is irrelevant. You all will die if any package is harmed."

    It looks like she is about to order her soldiers to finish off the prisoners, but then Tychus clears his throat and speaks.

    Almost against her will, the drow commander is forced to acknowledge the wisdom of his words. Her fists unclench, and she resheathes her dagger.

    "You speak the truth, bard. It will do none of us any good if the packages are damaged or destroyed."

    She pauses for a moment.

    "Very well. Leave us the beasts." She indicates the lizardman and the gnoll. "The rest of you may go. Let the Underdark determine your fate."








  23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Lizardkin Druid

    The lizardkin had not been keenly following the discussion as he had been observing the now still grimlocks and a way to his freedom.

    He was wondering what had made the drow leader puase her attacks.

    As she waved to indicate him and the gnoll, his eyes turned into slits as he grew cold with anger at being compared equally with a dogman. He bared his teeth as he made a rattling noise at the back of his thtoat and prepared to fight with all who would dismiss him as a mere beast.
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  24. - Top - End - #144
    grey_angel
    Guest in the Playground

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Elf Fighter/Sorceress

    The drow commander's words did not fall on deaf ears. As much as she would enjoy sticking around and putting an arrow through each and every drow and grimlock skull, the elf knew that now was the only chance there was to escape totally unharmed. If no one were to take the drow commander's offer, it might not stand for long.
    The elf places her bow back on her shoulder and narrows her eyes in the direction of Tiriel and Ginevra, slightly nodding her head in the direction of the exit in an attempt to silently guiding them to her so they might make a quick getaway. She takes a step back but does not break her stare, hoping that one - or both - will make eye contact soon.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orange Co. California

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Thallios, elf wizard

    Hearing the drow commander's offer, delivered as if it were a gift-wrapped boon from a feudal lord, Thallios quickly surveyed the arena. The woman, Ginevra, faced off against a handful of drow who could call her bluff at any moment - especially if they thought the package she threatened was a loss but they could prevent her from harming the other packages. The human men, one a bard and the other...? They were effectively removed from battle. The gnoll was still out. The lizard man appeared able to fight on, but could not hold off the falchion-wielding drow and his cohort forever. The drow prisoner seemed well enough to pitch in and lob a few poisoned crossbow bolts.

    Thallios self-inventoried and came up wanting. A parlor trick or two, and a dagger were all he had left to contribute.

    Meanwhile, most of the grimlocks remained standing, as did two handsful of drow.

    He wondered for just a moment, if he could truly walk away leaving two sentient beings as slaves to the drow. They could be sold into servitude, or used in grim rituals, or even be fed to a hideous terror deep in the catacombs of the underdark.

    He looked at Ginevra, then looked at Tychus Helder across the cavern. If either of them could see his face through the darkness, they would see his expression which said: I say we take it. Then we'll come back when we're ready and show these dark elves what we're truly made of.
    Characters:&&&&Thallios Ilphunodel&&Harn&&&&And so Arthur and Bedevere and Sir Robin set out ... to find the enchanter of whom the old man spoke in scene 24.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    When the lizardman bares his fangs and growls, the four drow soldiers surrounding the commander immediately take aim with their crossbows. Their sergeant raises his falchion into a high guard.

    The commander herself seems unconcerned with the lizardman's reaction. She addresses the other prisoners, "So, it is settled then. Your belongings are here."

    She kicks one of the chests, and all can hear a dull clinking of metallic objects within.

    "We will leave the chests that contain your possessions behind. It will only take you about an hour or two to pick the locks I suspect."

    She makes a quick hand movement. The sergeant facing Ginevra calls to the grimlocks, who shuffle away from Tiriel and the elf archer/sorceror, back to the packages. Several of the blind creatures gently nudge Ginevra aside, then begin to gingerly cover the wet leaves with canvas and rope. The drow watch the rest of you warily as they quickly prepare to move out.

    The injured or poisoned drow are revived and the slain drow sergeant is wrapped in a shroud and placed onto a makeshift litter. The gnoll is put back into restraints and is dragged off by a grimlock. The grimlock dead are left where they lie.

    Within a surprisingly short period of time, the drow caravan is ready to depart.

    [hr]
    A drow soldier approaches the lizardman holding a collar and chain. The falchion-wielding sergeant and his squad watch the lizardman expectantly as if to say, shall we do this the hard way or the easy way?


  27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    runehawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Lizardkin Druid

    The reptilian eyes the collar and spits on the ground before the dorw holding it. The steely determination in his eyes not showing the slightest dismay at his odds

    The hard way...you balance-forsaken blackskin...the hard way

    He spins but only feints towards the sword-wielder before running and trying to slam into a cross bow wielder. He tries to grab the drow and use him as cover.

    OOC: I'm not sure how far I go before I'm cut down but If I can I will use a drow as cover against the bolts and head towards the packages.

    Sorry everyone. The promise was made in my exclusion. Hence it doesn't apply to me.
    Ryan Atwood
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

    Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

    "We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra

    Damn. This isn't going to make our chances of rescuing anyone any easier. He's going to get himself killed...

    Yix! she thinks as hard as she can, looking around quickly for the little dragon. Don't let the lizard-man give up his own life! Tell him we're coming back for him!

    (OOC: Spot check=29)
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Tiriel
    While the Grimlocks may no longer be an imediate threat, Tiriel keeps her sword unshealthed and stands ready.
    She glances at her friends, aknowledging the elf archer's nod towards the exit, but she doesn't move back.

    (OOC: how far away is Tiriel from the archer??)
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: A Light in the Darkness [IC]

    Ginevra looks for the tiny dragon in vain. Either it is well hidden and camouflaged, or it has already made its escape ...

    [hr]
    The drow fire almost before the lizardman moves toward the falchion-wielding sergeant, but the druid moves with the speed of a striking snake, and only two of four bolts strike his leathery hide.

    The lizardman ignores the effects of the drow poison, and instead leaps and twists in midair, landing in front of one of the crossbowmen. The drow soldier's face registers surprise for a split second before his throat is slashed. The drow soldier topples backwards, twitches, then lies still.

    The drow commander glares at the lizardman with exasperation, then raises her finger and blasts him with a series of magic missiles. The lizardman is blown off his feet by the blasts, landing in a smoking motionless heap on the cave floor.

    She switches back to Undercommon to address her lieutenant. "Chain it, then bind its wounds."

    [hr]
    The grimlocks shuffle out of the cave carrying the mysterious packages as well as the bodies of the slain drow and the unconscious bodies of the gnoll and the lizardman. They push past Tiriel and the elf archer/sorceress who stand aside as they pass. Two drow slip ahead of the grimlocks to scout ahead.

    The remaining drow (now reduced to two squads), including the commander, follow behing the grimlocks. They leave without a word, slipping quietly into the darkness.

    They leave behind two locked chests ...



    OOC: The four drow shoot the lizardman (20, 20, 8, 16). Two darts hit for a total of 5 damage. The lizardman makes both Fort saves (20, 24).

    The lizardman hits with two claws for a total of 8 damage, killing one of the drow soldiers.

    The commander hits with MM for a total of 17 damage.

    The lizardman had been hit by two bolts when he was first captured (for a total of 3 damage), and hit twice by the drow sergeant's falchion (for 7 and 7 damage).

    The lizardman has therefore taken a total of 39 points of damage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •