Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1129
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Seal of Fate (OOC) II

You can have the Iron Bow, I'm not concerned with that.

But the point about items makes sense.

Is... it possible to trade with the other team?

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

We have drop and pick up tools for items. Those should suffice yes?
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1771-4133
    Friend Safari: Dunsparce, Minccinno, Eevee

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Jalnir and Kat stay where they currently are and just switch targets (Kat on the Archer, Jalnir on the shaman)? Jalnir's movement should actually be 5 from promoting (did any of his stats get the promotion boost?), so he can get there.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Jalnir and Kat stay where they currently are and just switch targets (Kat on the Archer, Jalnir on the shaman)? Jalnir's movement should actually be 5 from promoting (did any of his stats get the promotion boost?), so he can get there.
    That'd work, but it means the archer get's a chance to attack.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ettin in the Playground

If you want to trade cross teams this map, I won't stop you.

Sorry I've been quiet lately. Been pretty busy.

Edit: Also, regarding who gets what items... If you would prefer to have one team go, then the other, we can do that. Items will probably either be something you have to decide among yourselves or be a grab bag either way, but if you prefer a grab bag where you take turns grabbing rather than all shove your hands in at once, just let me know

That said, anything important I'll try to keep fairly even. Let's say I put two master seals in the level (pretty likely to be atleast two considering everyone who hasn't already promoted is close and not everyone has promoted) and one team ends up getting both of them. I'd find a way to give the other team two to keep it even.

And yes, Jalnir has 5 move and I did add his promotion stats... I just missed his promotion movement.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2012-10-14 at 10:26 AM.
    Quick link for Forum Emblem Rules

Megaman 9: Mr. Perfect Challenge
    I DID IT!!! I FINALLY DID IT!!!

Megaman 10: Mr. Perfect Challenge
    I DID... Ya know what? It's not nearly as hard as 9 was...

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

With trading not being an issue, I'm good with X's plan as well then.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm gonna try to do a turn on Tuesday. I've been very busy lately so I haven't had as much time for this as I might like. Big projects that I have to work on and also a new job that is particularly busy this time of year. Sorry bout that.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

*Farnsworth voice* News, everybody! I should be less busy now and will be able to give this game a bit more of the attention it deserves. Again, I'm sorry for having let things slip a bit. After the next update (possibly tomorrow, by the end of tuesday for certain), I'll send out a batch of messages as well.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

*Bender voice* We're back baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

It's not so much a rant, as it is a plea, but... I've been thinking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, guys, I hate to be a downer here, especially since I'm the new guy, but... Y'know... we could do a lot more posting and stuff... All we really do any more is post "here's a plan" and "ja, plan, ja." There's not so much roleplaying, there's never really been a lot of discussion in the OOC, I understand that. I mean, I know people are busy, I sure am. I know that several of you were around for the "golden age" of Fire Emblem, and after the interest died off, well, it seems so did yours. Then came the second age of Fire Emblem, there were three or four games... they all died. Two kept going, then one of them finally tuckered out. But now? Now, there's a lot of new interest... There's a lot of new games. There are two new games just this week. ...And I've been turned down for lord spots several times because I'm the lord in this game. I wouldn't mind so much, if we actually did stuff over here. The other games, there's a kinship, there's a real family feeling. Sairyu's game is incredibly close, and I like to think my game gets along all right...

But this game? It feels... kind of like a job. Not really excited any more, the motions are gone through, the cards are all punched, life goes on. I mean, I'd love to be able to say, "Yeah, I'm a lord in Summoner's game, and I'm right proud!" That's not to say I'm not happy to be a lord; that's not it at all. It's just.. I can look at other games, and even new ones and think, "I can't be the lord over there 'cause I'm one in this game... that's kind of depressing."

And I have to feel for Summoner a bit, 'cause I know he's put so much work into it, and he keeps putting so much more work into it. And is it fair to him if we act like we don't enjoy it? The original Forum Emblem game, that started it all? The beginning of the golden age of Fire Emblem? It should be something that's looked upon with a sense of pride. And it doesn't seem to be.

I understand being busy, I know what that's like. I'm in college marching band, now, and we're somewhere almost every week; maybe even two or three times a week. Football games, and now basketball games. Some of you have jobs, or schooling, or various other things keeping you from enjoying the forum, and I understand that. I can sympathize; I had to put my game on hiatus for months because I lost power and then I was busy.

...But is it too much to ask for a post every two weeks? Every three? Just a simple, short post... "I'm here, and I care?" Or better yet, a roleplaying post? Something more than a simple, "I agree with the plan."

I'm sorry if it looks like I'm complaining, but it's somewhat troubling, the lack of inactivity. And isn't it a lord's duty to rally his troops? So, come one, come all, and let's make this something spectacular again.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a fair criticism and I'm as much to blame, if not more to blame, as anyone else.

I think a good part of the problem was that when this started, it was very much an experiment for me. I had never run a game of any sort before, but I had a story to tell and a system I stole adapted from a popular game series so I gave it a try. Wasn't 100% sure what I was doing, but I decided to wing it and it's lasted quite well.

Because of that in-experience, I didn't do much to encourage in-character behavior. Not as much as I would've if I had the experience I do now.

I don't know if it's been noticable, but I've been trying to throw a bit more narrative weight into the maps themselves recently... Having even nameless enemies occasionally acting like actual characters and whatnot... And the fact that you're finally going up against major enemies probably helps in that regard as well... Still, if there's anything else you think I can do or should be doing to encourage interaction and make it more interesting for you, please let me know.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I can post more in this game, but I've found my time being more and more restricted and as a result my mental energy when I get to this game is lower and lower. I used to be able to post plans for this game but now I can't really, just watching and making small observations. I think I want to roleplay with Katleia more, but as-is her character is such that the most in-character things for her to do are silently shoot down hordes of enemies.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

I'd say it's mostly that the game's gone on so long we've treaded a lot of the OOC ground several times over.

But yes, we should do more planning. I'll admit to having been focused in other areas recently, but never let it be said I'm not eternally thankful to Summoner for all the work he's done.

If the forums are my internet body, this game is the heart of the experience.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've been following this game since I heard about it, which was pretty close to when I joined this forum. Now, I'd like to think that all of this is going into my character, as I am developing conversations that I want to have with everyone. Being a thief/assassin, I assume my dude knows a bit about everyone, and has some very direct statements or otherwise to make to people.

All that aside, a holiday (and some family going to the hospital) collided with my update schedule, then pre-planned stuff ran into it too. I want to get more into character in my game, but it's map 1, and no one is even responding to the King man. It leave me in a weird spot, but I think I need to pressure my players more.
    ~ZA

Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    All that aside, a holiday (and some family going to the hospital) collided with my update schedule, then pre-planned stuff ran into it too. I want to get more into character in my game, but it's map 1, and no one is even responding to the King man. It leave me in a weird spot, but I think I need to pressure my players more.
    The other characters already hate mine (not without reason) so that doesn't contribute to my posting. That and missing the thread for the first while.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-11-25 at 02:54 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #1066

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    The other characters already hate mine (not without reason) so that doesn't contribute to my posting. That and missing the thread for the first while.
    You've got a permanent buy with me, Peng. Much respect, bro.

Also, I am considering doing the two things/conversations at once thing multiple times, out of a want for some good juxtapositioning, and not laziness.
    ~ZA

Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

17. - Top - End - #1067

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post

The Prince drew the arrow back farther. "You are a sad, sick little man. Five."

(Not because he can't count, but because his impression of the fellow fell that much)
    And here I thought this was a Monty Python reference.

"One...two....five!"
    ~ZA

Pokemon I breed

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    And here I thought this was a Monty Python reference.

"One...two....five!"
    Thought about it. Especially since he's royalty.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

So, it seems that we are going to have trouble with these undead... I kind of wonder how many turns we have until these guys get reinforcements from outside of the map. At that point we are going to have zombie apocalypse on our hands.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    So, it seems that we are going to have trouble with these undead... I kind of wonder how many turns we have until these guys get reinforcements from outside of the map. At that point we are going to have zombie apocalypse on our hands.
    That's actually someone else's Forum Emblem game.

But yes, Summoner could send a crap ton of reforcements at any time, and there's nothing we could do about it.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-02-11 at 09:07 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

It's definitely the undead that are bogging the game down. They slow down, yes, but they lose none of their actual threat. Why?

1) Their attack speed was already low enough that most were only dealing a single hit against anyone they attacked. Being doubled does not hinder their offensive power.
    2) Their movement speed is enough to keep pace with a team that doesn't move directly away from them at 4 speed every turn. Because of other enemies in our path, we are such a team. Running away at a speed equal to or less than their move speed does nothing.
    3) Their Strength, Magic, and Skill are all the same as when they were alive. Losing all their Luck puts them down a few points of accuracy, at best. They're still hitting for more damage than we can heal.

Together with their excessive resurrection, we can't secure a room and we can't advance without securing it.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2013-02-14 at 09:30 PM.

Magic... magic never changes

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

The undead are definitely a factor. Another one is people not being around. It means less people strategizing, and reduces the potential for in character interactions that can help keep people interested and the thread moving.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    The undead are definitely a factor. Another one is people not being around. It means less people strategizing, and reduces the potential for in character interactions that can help keep people interested and the thread moving.
    This is true.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ettin in the Playground

Not much I can do about people not being around, but if the undead are too much I suppose I can tone them down a bit more... You want I should cut their skill in half as well?

25. - Top - End - #1075

It might help. After all, the problem is that we are usually careful, but with the enemies returning, its seems like its time to take a risk and do the in-character in of just making a break for it, focus less on the enemies and more on getting this map over.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the Undead should all be slower in terms of Move, frankly, but that makes them no threat whatsoever so for gameplay we certainly shouldn't do that.

I am just not capable of thinking about the entire map tactically anymore. I don't have that much mental space or time. Nothing going on is anything I feel like Katleia has a great deal to speak about, and the Fire Emblem games do not inspire the kind of character that I think we want, so I am trying to find the places within me that Katleia is. I think her character needs to shift a little bit but she has yet to reach that point of shifting, in-game.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2013-02-16 at 02:33 AM.
    It's tgva8889. If you can't spell it correctly, just copypasta it, please.

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3353 3706 1386
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my current Poke-atar.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I think the Undead should all be slower in terms of Move, frankly, but that makes them no threat whatsoever so for gameplay we certainly shouldn't do that.
    You know, I'm not certain that's a bad idea. True it means it would be rather easy to run away from them, but to do so means we'd have to keep moving at a decent rate, and not knowing what's ahead, that could have an indirect effect on the gameplay. They'd change from a something we have to handle every turn to a motivating factor to keep advancing.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

I suppose I could bump them all down to movement 2 (3 promoted) if you prefer that. Maybe give them 1 turn of no movement to accomidate for them having been faster before...

Which do you prefer? Lower skill or lower movement?

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    I suppose I could bump them all down to movement 2 (3 promoted) if you prefer that. Maybe give them 1 turn of no movement to accomidate for them having been faster before...

Which do you prefer? Lower skill or lower movement?
    I'd rather they have lower movement.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Lower movement would help us.