New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Reviving Legends: A Pokemon RP (IC)

The sun shone brightly on the outskirts of Pallet Town as you arrive by bus with the others summoned to Professor Oak's lab. The notes read urgent but little else and your mind wonders what the trouble could be.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Reviving Legends: A Pokemon RP (IC)

Ryan looks around, taking in the scenery of Pallet Town. Pulling out the note he received from Professor Oak, he reads it one last time, then folds it and puts it away, nodding to himself. Smiling slightly, he heads towards the Professor's lab.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Derek seemed to vibrate with excitement. He was literally bouncing up and down to leak off energy.
    "I wonder what Oak wants? Maybe it's a new Pokemon species with amazing powers? Or a dangerous quest?"
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

As you arrive at Oak's lab, things seem to be a mess as Oak appears to be chasing around what appear to be a group of legendary Pokemon. "No! Don't do that! All my years of Research! No! Not that! Not the coffee maker! Get down from there!" Finally picking up a nearby set of Pokeballs, he begins to direct them at the Pokemon, sending them all back into their respective balls. "Ahhhh.... what a hassle."

He then turns to the two of you. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't hear you come in. You must be here because of the message I sent out. Please take a seat and I'll explain everything to you. Funny, I thought there'd be more of you here."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Chuckling at the scene, Ryan nods at Professor Oak. "Well, I don't know how many of us you were expecting, but I came as soon as I could... so, what's up? Something to do with those Pokemon?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"WasthatreallyaZapdos! Ithoughtitwould be bigger! ohmygodthisissogreat! DowegettohavetheLegendary'Mons?" Derek is overloading with excitement at the glimpse of the Pokemon.
    *Pop*
    A green leafy Leafeon bursts from a Pokeball that falls from Derek's belt
    "Leaf!"
    "I know you hate it in there Your Highness! I've already said sorry for thinking you were a guy! I'll make you another Ball tomorrow I swear!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Leafeon's name is Princess
    Espeon's name is ShadowStalker
    call me Dragon

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Oak laughed at the display. "Calm down there kiddo. Now it's true, these Legendary Pokemon do need a bit of wrangling in. I need them, more or less, to be tamed. If I were to release them as they were now, who knows what could happen? They might go a bit wild and I can't have that. That's why I called you skilled trainers here. Now, I've been doing a bit of research on you trainers. After all it always pays to know who you're working with and I think I've selected just the right Pokemon for each of you." He walks over, retrieving two of the Pokeballs before returning. "This one's for you and this one would be yours." He hands you each your respective Pokemon. "Now, it may take some getting used to but these are legendary Pokemon we're talking about. They may not immediately take to being given orders but I am confident that with time, you shall be able to raise them effectively."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Having received a message from Dr. Oak.... the famous Dr. Oak!!! Koralia's heart was beating fast when she awoke in the bus right in the middle of Pallet Town. What kind of urgent event could have possibly happened for Oak to require her aid and not her elder siblings.

A minute passed and the bus left the town. Realising that she must have slept through the stop at Oak's lab. Koralia ran out of the bus and made her way running back toward Pallet Town. Finding Oak's lab before long, she try to get in silently as to not disturb anything the ongoing conversation. Remaining in the back, trying to look as if she was there since the beginning, being strong and silent. I believe you are forgetting me Mr. Oak.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Professor Oak merely smiles. "Well the more, the merrier." He scratches his chin for a moment before picking up one of the Pokeballs and handing it over to the newcomer. "There we are. Oh I can't wait to see how these Pokemon will react. It will be a marvelous experiment! I suggest you head north to Viridian City where you can find yourselves a bit of an adventure, maybe even take the Pokemon League Challenge. Even the Elite Four would be astounded to see such amazing creatures!"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cue a released Zapdos.
    "It's so pretty." *Zap* "And apparently doesn't like being called pretty. I deem you Bolt." *ZAP* "Sparky?" *ZAP* "OW! That one hurt! How about Thunder?" *No zap* "Good Thunder." *Zap for the hell of it.*
    "Professor Oak tell it to stop zapping me!" *Zap then hug* "Aww, it's so cute." *Snuggles and sleeps*
    Derek is standing there, a lightning bird wrapped around his shoulders and his hair on end and crackling with static electricity.

(My comp is screwing up, Color will be added when it is fixed)
    call me Dragon

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Chuckling at the antics of the Zapdos, Ryan looks at the Pokeball handed to him by Professor Oak. Shrugging, he clicks it open, watching as the Pokemon materializes from within. As it stares into his eyes, it lets out a low growl.

"Suicune... nice. You'll need a name, though..." Ryan pulls out his Pokedex, quickly registering Suicune in it. Reading through the data available, he thinks for a minute. "Hmm... Maybe something to do with the North Wind? Nah... the only names I can think of with that would be more for ice-types... How about Suigetsu?" Suicune continues to stare at him for a moment, before giving a brief, but definite, nod. "Alright, Suigetsu it is." Ryan raises the Pokeball to recall Suigetsu, but the Pokemon gives him a stern glare, energy pooling within his eyes. Sighing, Ryan meets his look, and says, "No. No attacking humans, unless they attack you first. Got it?" Suigetsu continues to gaze at him for a long moment, before aborting the Leer and letting the energy fade. Smiling, Ryan says, "I'll let you out once we're out of town, don't worry." Suigetsu nods, and with a flash of red light returns to the Pokeball.

Turning to the other trainers that received legends, Ryan says, "I don't think we've met, by the way... I'm Ryan Lyghtwind."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Professor Oak laughs. He remembers a similarly energetic electric Pokemon he once gave to a young man a long time ago. It also had a bad habit of zapping him. The Suicine, on the other hand, had seemed to accept it's trainer a little easier without the antics.

13. - Top - End - #13

Looking at the other two having problems with their new pokemons, Koralia decide to take this outside.

Just outside of Oak's lab, outside of window view, Let see who this one contain. while looking at the pokeball. With a flash of light Raikou appeared standing proudly. Koralia quickly shielded herself waiting to get zapped. After a few seconds she try a glance at the pokemon and it still have'nt move. Ok... Raikou, let's try a name for you. Hmmmmm.... how about Rei? A moment of silent remained between the two, and suddenly a sound of a lightning zap can be heard even inside the lab along with a girl's cry. With some of her white hair standing in every direction but down: What? It's not like its ugly or something! Are are you mister too cool for a name? As Raikou charges up another zap, Koralia counter with the pokemon's pokeball, returning him inside. Sheesh, what a fierce one.
    Last edited by DualShadow; 2011-05-03 at 09:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Thunder is the best! Who wants to prove me wrong?" I look meaningfully at Ryan as I say this.
    Thunder wakes up with a bristle of electric energy (In other words: *Zap*) and hops down.
    "Zap! Zapdos!" Thunder tries talking to Princess who had curled up in a patch of sunlight
    "Leaf!" She replies haughtily
    "Note to self: discover if Legendary Pokemon can breed. Now Thunder you have a battle! I choose you!" Naturally this was followed by an arc of lightning in Derek's direction. *ZZAAPP* "If you spent as much time zapping Suicune as you do zapping me you could have been back talking to Her Highness over there!"
    Last edited by DragonOfUndeath; 2011-05-03 at 09:58 PM.
    call me Dragon

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well..." I say to the other trainer, "You're certainly enthusiastic... sure, I'll battle you. Outside, though. Are we keeping it between our newest Pokemon, or would you like to bring your others into this?" As I head towards the door, I call over my shouolder, "You still haven't told me your name, by the way." Stopping at the doorway, I turn and say, "We'll be right outside if you want to watch, Professor."

Stepping outside, I chuckle at the state of the white-haired girl for a moment. Finding a fairly open area, I nod. "Time to see if my practice has paid off... Shun! Hinata! Suigetsu!" One by one, I call out my Pokemon. Turning to my Jolteon and Espeon, I say, "You two may be sitting this one out... but I figured you'd enjoy the fresh air, regardless." As the two move back a bit, I smile, watching as my Jolteon attempts to tackle my Espeon. Turning back to Suigetsu, I say, "You up for a fight?" Suigetsu gives an affirmative cry, and I smile, turning towards the door to await my challenger.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

""You know my name is Derek, Ryan. I got ShadowStalker from you, remember?" I release my Umbreon where he pounces on the rolling ball of Eevee evolutions that are his siblings.
    Last edited by DragonOfUndeath; 2011-05-03 at 10:36 PM.
    call me Dragon

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Blinking for a moment, I nod bashfully, saying, "Sorry about that, Derek. It was a while ago, after all... I didn't quite remember you." Looking over at the playful mass of Pokemon, I say, "They seem to be enjoying themselves... let's just keep this one-on-one, alright? And don't think I'll go easy on you... I've been training back at the Gym in Goldenrod!"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"You trained on a Golden Rod? Wouldn't that hurt? And I've trained around Viridian Forest, just wandering round. I actually found Princess there, though I swear she looked like a guy in the darkness, come to think of it I thought I saw a Leafeon run off after I caught her. Oh well."
    call me Dragon

19. - Top - End - #19

Pfff, boys, always want to show off their new toys. as Koralia take a few steps toward them. Might as well let the others out as well.. Grabbing 2 pokeballs from her bag, she set free a Nidoran♂ and a Larvitar. Sereb, Garr, be nice with the others! as the Larvitar named Garr start moving toward the playful Eevees. Sereb the Nidoran♂ starts to wander around the ground. Unfortunatly a 3-sided battle would just be too confusing to see who's the best, so i'll just wait on the side, let you guys battle each other, take on the weakened winner and finally proclame myself the Queen of our little group. she added with a quirky smile, slowly losing her cool and silent personna.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Thunder use Zap on the annoying girl." *Zap Zap* "Well at least you did as I asked before zapping me." I say, shaking off the electric attack.
    call me Dragon

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking over at the girl, Ryan says, "We'll see... by the way, we never did get your name." Looking back at Derek, Ryan says, "And you... you know perfectly well what I meant. Though, I do feel sorry for your Leafeon... poor thing dealing with a trainer that knows more about Pokeballs than Pokemon. Anyway... since you're so eager to battle, let's get started!"

22. - Top - End - #22

Oh! Sorry about that, I'm Koralia. with a more joyful attitude, clearly losing her cool persona.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Smiling at Koralia, Ryan replies, "Nice to meet you. I'd like to talk more... but I have a battle to deal with at the moment." Turning back towards Derek, Ryan smiles, focusing on the upcoming battle.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Go Thunder! Use Thundershock on Ryan's Suicune!" I call out
    "Zapdos!" He calls out, blasting a bolt of lightning at the Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[10]
    (2d10+18)[35]
    (1d4)[4] STAB bonus
    Did I do it right?
    Last edited by DragonOfUndeath; 2011-05-03 at 11:27 PM.
    call me Dragon

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryan winces as the electric attack strikes Suigetsu, and watches as the Suicune gives a pained cry before it collapses. Cursing, he rushes forward to check on it. After a couple moments, he sighs, and calls Suigetsu into his Pokeball before turning to Derek. "...Yours already has an elemental attack... Well, no serious harm done, anyway." Sighing, Ryan continues, "I'll let you two go at it... Though, you guys mind if I Dex your Pokemon while you do? Might be useful knowledge to have..." Walking off to the side, Ryan sits under a tree, fiddling with his Pokedex as he alternates between watching the other two trainers and gazing pensively at the Pokeball containing Suigetsu.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I stare blankly at you "You mean yours doesn't? Lame. So what have you got?" My attention on the annoying girl
    call me Dragon

27. - Top - End - #27

Wow, flawless victory! But it won't work against me. Drawing Raikou's pokeball, Ok, here goes something! Koralia throws the pokeball and standing proudly, staring at the girl. Please don't zap, you have the chance to prove your superiority against another legendary pokemon! shielding herself with her arms against a not coming zap of lightning. Seeing how Koralia got Raikou's attention, Ok, though my plan was to take on a weakened winner, which was more like a mockery of a plan without any serious intent, I am glad that you are fit enough for a true battle. she assumes a ready stance and wait.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Only to have Zapdos give Raikou a hard peck on the head.

(1d20)[20]
    (2d10+9)[14]
    call me Dragon

29. - Top - End - #29

Recovering from the Zapdos attack, Raikou seems to be filled with fire. Raikou, use........ But already Raikou uses bite without his trainer's order.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[14](14) 15-20 means you flinch.
    (3d10+9)[8][5][10](32)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

(Ow.... since the Peck only does half damage, even though it was a crit, I think the Raikou may have just finished off the Zapdos though I'm not too sure.)

As Oak walks around, trying to avoid being the center of the battle, he moves over to Ryan's Suicine, pulling out a small red spray bottle. "This potion will heal him up good as new." (A Super Potion)