New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight (II)

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show

Raffy padded along the wet pavers of the Manor District, the cogs of his mind churning like Altdorf clockwork, but tumbling back and forth between his love for Maria and planning of how to handle the theft.

I'll find you, he recalled. I'll wait Maria. I might be on the move soon.... but I'll leave signs for you. You're a hunter like me, you'll get my trail....

Right, you're the Sparrowhawk. Think. You need to find Ithelus before you can shoot him. And you need to find out where he sent the... letters... before you shoot him. The only leverage is Illiiya-- he frowned. You can't do that. You're not the villain here.

He sighed, taking a random turn since he didn't know yet where to go.

You need more guns, Sparrowhawk. It'll take more than one shot to hit Ith. Ithelus. The thief. Captain won't arm you, what about a--

He stopped where he was.

A pawn shop.

He smiled.

You don't need to find Ith at all, if you can find where the letters are. Where else, but Kleiner's place. And if Ith actually thought he was somehow helping-- he swallows, the anger boiling up inside him proof enough that he didn't believe it --well, you might not need to kill him.

He turned, not in the direction of Kleiner's, but in the direction of a general store in one of the poorer parts of town.

And if you have to kill Kleiner, all the better.

The Plan:

1. Go to a general store. Somewhere in the poorer part of town is best, as they are more likely to open up the door early in the morning to accept my money.

2. Purchase a wheelbarrow and two very large barrels of kerosene or similar. Lamp oil is OK but something more flammable is better. Also, a bail of hay would be nice.

3. Once near Kleiner's neighbourhood, turn down a side-alley. Unload the goods. Splash part of one keg onto the bale of hay so that it's ready to burn. Put the bale back in the barrow.

4. Put the kegs back in the barrel, but with the lids loosened.

5. Go to Kleiner's, enter the pawn shop, and dump the entire barrow on the floor. Kerosene/lamp oil should go everywhere. Point the 'buss at the mess, ready to ignite the whole shop, and start making demands!

I love being Sparrowhawk :)

I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    Striking out into the lower town on the west side of Delberz, Raffy found a run-down old painter’s shop, the proprietor of which was eventually persuaded to open his door at this ungodly hour by Raffy’s unceasing, thunderous knocking. Gladly parting with the turpentine that Raffy was after – more to get the crazy man off his doorstep than for the promise of coin, although that was a significant contributing factor – he shut the door on him again as quickly as possible, shuffling away back into the recesses of his house.

A wheelbarrow was swiftly procured elsewhere by similar methods: hay was harder to find, but a stable-boy who was mucking out the morning’s mess from a shoddy-looking livery stable was eventually persuaded to fork over a bale of old stuff in return for a shiny schilling. His barrow loaded with his newfound spoils, Raffy made his way to Kleiner’s hideout: the pawn shop squatted darkly at the end of its grotty little street, the rising sun just beginning to reflect off the top of its broken-backed roof.

Preparing his firetrap, he wheeled it towards the door: using the now tried-and-trusted technique of the unrelenting knock, he eventually heard footsteps approaching. A key rattled in the lock, and wth a slow creak of hinges, the front door opened, the old man who ran the front of the shop peering out at him with his pinched, narrow face.

He looked down at the barrow.

“Yes?” he said, his face a picture of incomprehension.

OOC: That's 5gc, 1s expenditure
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-09-13 at 06:36 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    Pieter dreamed that he was back in the slave pens under the city. He stood motionless in front of the cages while dozens of emaciated slaves yelled at him at the top of their lungs. They cursed him for abandoning them, called him a liar and a coward, and swore by all the gods that he would never find rest until he freed them. He did not doubt that they were right. He could recognize faces among the slaves... his current "friends", a few members of the Society, his old mentor Berthold from Nuln, many girls he had loved and left... and Maria.

He tried to move toward the cages, but his feet caught in a tripwire. He fell forward, seemingly forever. The second he hit the ground, he woke up, shivering.

Well, Pieter thought, this dream was still slightly more pleasant than that one where I was getting married.

He passed his hand across his face to see how bad the rashes had gotten during the night, then raked his fingers through his dark hair to make sure it was stylishly tousled. He got dressed quickly, left the Graf's Arms and headed toward the Carter's Rest to meet Lothar.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-09-13 at 09:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show

Raffy made an urgent look and hissed as if their lives depended on it, "Quick man! Out of the way!"

Hopefully the man steps aside and he can barrel in. Once inside he only needs to make it a few paces.

fellowship - (1d100)[33] v. 29

Spoiler
    Show
    edit: I don't know if I have any bonuses due to circumstance, such as the fact that people with unusual cargo must often come here in a hurry. I have a backup plan if bluffing past doesn't work, so I'll wait to see the result.

Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-09-14 at 12:12 AM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    The morning air remained freezingly damp, although the rain had cleared: feet squelching in the mud it had left behind, Pieter crossed his arms against the chill, hurrying across town as quickly as he could. Around him, the city was waking: the masons were beginning their ant-like clambering up the scaffolding of the Cathedral tower for another day, and as he crossed over the river and through the old town, he thought he heard vague sounds of commotion and hubbub from the direction of Judge's Square.

Taking the quieter streets, he made his way to the Carter's Rest, which looked like it was just opening up: the customers of the carter's inn tended to arrive and leave at all times of the day, after all. Pushing his way through the door, he stopped as he saw Lothar and Illiiya descending the stairs directly opposite him - and in between them, slumped against a table in the common hall and still deep in slumber, Ithelus. The elf looked like he had been in a fight with a Troll - his hands and arms were criss-crossed with bandages, and a huge black eye had swollen the left side of his face...

OOC: From here on in, obviously, join their spoilers.

[hr]

Lothar, Ithelus & Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    Before Lothar or Illiiya could react, the inn's front door creaked open: Pieter stood in the open doorway, stepping inside and wiping the mud off his boots. He stopped as he saw them - then stopped dead as he saw Ithelus.

[hr]

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    "We ain't open," said the man, irritably. He jabbed a bony finger in the direction of the bale of hay, refusing to move. "And I don't take perishables."
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-09-14 at 03:16 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lothar, Ithelus, Illiiya, Pieter, the barman, and half of Delberz at this rate

Spoiler
    Show
    Lothar glanced up and over at Pieter, then to the barman. "Aye, I'd not let him into a bed either, lookin' like that." He frowned, scratching at the returning beard. "Ill', you don't know what he was doing, do you? He looked better after we fought those changelings in the forest."

As he spoke, the soldier moved over to the elven circus performer, looking over his injuries. He touched Ithelus as gently as possible -for a soldier- checking if the bandages concealed wounds as bad as they looked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal Check: (1d100)[99]- not to give him some wounds back, but to see how badly injured he is / how well treated he has been.

Alternatively, I could do even more damage. Ho hum. :P
    Last edited by goblinpaladin; 2010-09-14 at 03:42 AM.
    Games:

[WFRP] Ill Met By Morrslieb, as the increasingly-scarred Lothar Fischer.

[WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart, reprising Lothar Fischer.

[WFRP] The Hour After Midnight as Lothar Fischer, former soldier.

=

January 19-25 2014 is GOBLIN WEEK!

I did writings for it! Read them here!

=

sext: take my hand as the bombs fall. we will engrave our affectionate shadows on the walls in dush and ash, to last a thousand years. [my twitter]

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

Not Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    By the looks of things, the elf had taken a beating: the cuts on his arms were shallow, but the bruising on his face was extensive. The bandages themselves looked professionally done: Lothar would have taken a guess at their being the work of the good Doctor.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

8. - Top - End - #638
    Bugbear in the Playground

Raffy is the Odd Man Out

Spoiler
    Show
    The soldier stepped back from the elf and smiled at Illiiya. "He's all right, Ill. Just had a run in with a fence, and then the cobbles, looks like." He shifted his glance to the barman and then Pieter. "I suppose it's breakfast time. We'll be outta the way soon, Berthold."
    Last edited by goblinpaladin; 2010-09-14 at 03:47 AM.
    Games:

[WFRP] Ill Met By Morrslieb, as the increasingly-scarred Lothar Fischer.

[WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart, reprising Lothar Fischer.

[WFRP] The Hour After Midnight as Lothar Fischer, former soldier.

=

January 19-25 2014 is GOBLIN WEEK!

I did writings for it! Read them here!

=

sext: take my hand as the bombs fall. we will engrave our affectionate shadows on the walls in dush and ash, to last a thousand years. [my twitter]

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Not Raffy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus stirred awake, groaning in pain as he sat up. He moves to wipe dried spittle from his chin, revealing bloodstained hands. His knees as well were covered in blood. 'Morning, I trust you all had a good night,' he says in a sarcastically non-chalant tone. He grimaces, 'We have things to discuss....' he shoots a look at the barman, 'In private'
    Sigatar by Me

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

Not Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't let me stop you, I'm sure," said Berthold the barkeep, turning away. Shaking his head, he left the common hall, seemingly off to begin preparing the tavern for the day's custom.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-09-14 at 07:13 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Not Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    Pieter was surprised to see the Elves at the Carter's Rest. His eyes widened at the sight of the Elf's wounds.

"Dear gods, Ithelus," Pieter breathed. "You've had a hard night, I see."

He nodded at Lothar. "You wanted to speak with Magda Gebenluft, right? I doubt we'll have more success with her than I did with Klaus and Maria, but we can give it a try. I got her address." He glanced at the Elf. "But first, let's hear Ithelus. His story sounds much more interesting than mine."

He slumped into a chair and took Mr Cat in his lap.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-09-14 at 01:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ettin in the Playground

Sparrowhawk, Sparrowhawk, Everybody Loves the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show

"Good Sigmar man, it's what's underneath!"

Raffy maintains a hushed and hurried tone in his voice. He edges the barrow forward, as if beckoning the man to either get out the way or take a look for himself. And with the barrow in the door it can't be closed on him.

If the man moves aside: great, goin' in!

If the man goes to look: Sword point to the throat as he bends down, and a whispered, "Quiet, old man. Silent as a mouse and move aside, and you'll walk away today."

Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-09-14 at 09:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    Frowning, the old man opened the door a little wider, stepping forwards and stooping to examine the barrow - he froze as he felt the tip of Raffy's sword touch his throat.

"Alright, mister," he said, very slowly. "Don't want... don't want no trouble." Backing away with the pace of a glaciated snail, he stood aside, letting Raffy through.

The ground floor of the pawn-shop was silent and dark, dust lying thick on the unredeemed clutter that filled its spare space. Behind the battered old counter, the creaky wooden staircase that Raffy had seen Ithelus ascend before led up into the attic room: there were no sounds of life that the Sparrowhawk could make out, save the old man's breathing...
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Hawk of Sparrowing

Spoiler
    Show
    Raffy looked around the room as he entered, expecting other bouncers. Seeing no immediate threat he turned back to keep an eye on the old man. "Hands where I can see them, friend."

Unless the man pulls a throwing knife or some other threat appears, Raffy makes himself at home. Picking up one of the great kegs - careful not to spill on himself, he heaves it Donky-Kong Style like a sailor threatened by pirates. The keg crashes into a nearby table, making a surprising raucus in the still morning. Trinkets clatter, broken glass hails, and turpentine showers about the room.

Raffy lets it settle, the keg rolling a bit on the uneven floor, surveying his work with satisfaction. As a beat goes by, he draws a deep breath.

"KLEEINER!"

Another beat.

"This is your day, Kleiner. You get to make the choice!"

He draws his sword again in one hand, and his 'bluss with the other. He holds the 'bluss casually while using his sword to motion the old man toward the back stairs.

"Tell your boss the Sparrowhawk is here with a fair deal. He gives me the letters taken from Maria Samtzunge. All of 'em. Otherwise, the place burns and him with it."

As the man starts up the stairs, Raffy calls, "I'm in a hurry. If he hears the second crash, he's got a ten-count before I light a pipe."

As soon as the man is out of sight Raffy surveys the room. His priority is any firearms that might be hung on the wall or on a rack. Second priority is a moneybox, if there is one. Last priority are fine knives or broadswords. If he sees any of these, he might investigate.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-09-14 at 10:25 AM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    Eyes not leaving the blunderbuss, the old man scuttled around Raffy with a circular, crabwise motion, reaching the stairs and then racing up them out of the Sparrowhawk’s field of fire.

Left alone downstairs, Raffy surveyed the contents of the pawn-shop: there didn’t seem to be any weapons, but there was an iron-bound money-box sitting on the counter, and an old regimental shield propped against the far wall, behind a broken harp and a pile of picture-frames.

After a very short while, there were heavy footsteps on the stairs: the bearded giant of a guard who Raffy had seen on his visit here with Ithelus stepped out onto the floor, practically making the floorboards shake as he looked the young bounty hunter up and down.

“Boss says the letters ain’t here,” he growled, in a deep, gruff bass. “Client already took ‘em.”
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-09-14 at 10:33 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show

Left alone downstairs, Raffy surveyed the contents of the pawn-shop: there didn’t seem to be any weapons, but there was an iron-bound money-box sitting on the counter, and an old regimental shield propped against the far wall, behind a broken harp and a pile of picture-frames.
    If the moneybox is the size of a two-gallon jug or smaller, Raffy picks it up, steps outside and places it on the ground some ten paces away, hurrying back in and leading with the muzzle of his 'bluss. ((If by some miracle the box is unlocked he'll just empty the money into his sack of gold crowns instead, but I assume it'll take some work to open it up.))

After a very short while, there were heavy footsteps on the stairs.
    Sparrowhawk sheathes his sword and readies his 'bluss with both hands, pointing it at the stairs as...

...the bearded giant of a guard who Raffy had seen on his visit here with Ithelus stepped out onto the floor, practically making the floorboards shake as he looked the young bounty hunter up and down.

“Boss says the letters ain’t here. Client already took ‘em.”
    Sparrowhawk smiles a gentle, apologetic smile and shrugs his shoulders. "Well sh*t, that's awkward. Guess I shouldn't have bothered you."

He turns an inch as if about to leave, but instead uses one hand to grab the barrow's handle and heave it toward the strongman. The second keg of turpentine tumbles forward and a cascade of the choking pine-stuff washes over the other half of the shop. Wisps of hay settle over it like autumn leaves.

'Bluss angled at the strongman, Raffy takes an angry voice. "Then I need the name of the client. ONE!!"

If the first count of the ten-count doesn't stir the man into action, Raffy will take a more militant grip on the bluss, aiming it carefully at him and staring down the barrel.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    The man stepped back, an involuntary expression fear crossing his big, square face.

"I can't tell you that," he mumbled. "You'd have to talk to the boss..."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did I move the strongbox or was it bigger than what I'd hoped? Or, luck of the gods, was it unlocked? (Also, note that if there is no jingle-jingle when it shakes, I leave it where it is.)

"Not my job, mate. You go talk to the 'boss.' And remind him - ten count. Speaking of.... TWO!"

He makes sure the number is loud enough to be heard upstairs.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    Seeming to think better of talking back, the big man vanished back up the stairs, ascending rather more rapidly than he had come down.

Very swiftly, Kleiner's guard reappeared.

"The boss says you oughter come up and talk," he said, a nervous edge to his words. "He says he gives 'is word you'll be safe."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, forgot about the box - was posting as I was leaving work. Yes, assume you moved it. And yes, it's locked
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-09-14 at 12:00 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show

Raffy didn't have time to ponder. He thought for just a second, on the verge of yelling "Three!" and made a snap decision. "The word of a scoundrel doesn't mean much to me. I'll need some guarantee. I'm gonna tie your hands, and the old gent's, so Kleiner and I can jusst talk man to man. If that's agreeable to everyone then throw me that rope over there and turn around.... otherwise, I think I was on four."

If they accede he will tie the big man's hands, then the old man's hands, then tie the two together facing opposite directions (i.e. back-to-back). Frisking them both for weapons he'll remove any, then leave them both downstairs. He grabs one of the sidewise kegs and upends it as he ascends the steps, drizzling its final dregs along the stairs to leave an easy-to-start trail behind him. Blunderbuss is out as he reaches the top.

(If they don't agree, then cancel that, I'll play it by ear based on their reaction.)

Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-09-14 at 12:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah, your word don't mean much to him, neither," said the big man, tensing - he clearly was not about to accept Raffy's suggestion.

"The boss' legs ain't so good. You want to talk to him, you got to go up."

OOC: Note that the pawn-shop proprietor went upstairs and has not come back: Big and Ugly came down in his place
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-09-14 at 12:16 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show

"I'll go up as soon as you're sorted here. If you don't like it, you and the boss can keep your secrets in the fire. If the buckshot don't get y' first. Now throw me the rope."

((I'll tie up just this one then if he'll let me.))

((Also, using an action to Aim in case he needs to be shot. I assume the Aim action will increast the difficulty of the Ag test to avoid damage from the 'buss if fired.))

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    The guard stepped back again.

"Boss'll have my guts if I let you go up there alone," he said, sounding extremely unsure of his position despite himself.

"I tell you who took the letters... you go, right?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show

"I tell you who took the letters... you go, right?"
    Raffy shrugs. "With a few caveats, yes. That's the deal." He doubted the man knew what "caveats" were and he didn't much care.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    The man swallowed and nodded.

"It were the Templar. Jagrun. Weren't wearing his cap or coat, but it was him."

He looked towards the open door.

"Now, will you go?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show

"Pretty soon."

Jagrun? You knew it'd be him, but... not in the flesh. He would have gone through a third party. Dealing with criminals... it's bad for his image.

"How'd he contact you? Er, contact the 'boss'?"

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Jus' turned up on the doorstep. One minute there was some old fellow lookin' at the wares," - he gestured around the pawn-shop, "the next minute, he straightens up, takes off his hat, and it's him, askin' to see the boss. That's what Heimlich says, anyway," he said, nodding towards the staircase where the wizened proprietor of the shop had fled.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show

"And who came and picked them up? I don't imagine the Templar slipping in here an hour or two before sunrise."

((If he says they delivered it somewhere he will ask where.))

Once he has his information, he changes the tilt of his 'buss without really taking its muzzle off-line from the strongman.

"I'll be off for now, then. But I have a message for Kleiner. Listen real carefully so you get it right."

He pauses to make sure he has Strongman's attention.

"I know Kleiner has dirt on people. Lots of leverage. Now that leverage is working for me. It's simple: if Maria Samtzunge dies, Kleiner dies. If she lives, he lives. She goes to prison... tortured... exiled... disgraced... well, he dies then too. But as long as she is safe and secure, he is safe and secure.

"I'm about nine tenths sure you're lying about some part of this, and half sure it's too late for me to go after Jagrun. That don't matter. Because Kleiner has his little fingers on everyone important in town. So he pulls here, he nudges there... calls in a favour if need be. One way or another, wherever the letters are, they don't hurt Maria Samtzunge. I'll see him hang otherwise. I don't need Marius. Your boss' neighbours have seen him talking to rats at night, or so I hear... that if that gets out, he'll be on a rope or better before the Watch even gets here. Have a good day."

He backs out of the shop. As he leaves he adds, "Tell him he can keep the jewellery. I've taken out my expenses already."

he keeps an eye on the storefront as he walks away, grabs the money box and heads for the Fields.

Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-09-14 at 08:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    "And who came and picked them up? I don't imagine the Templar slipping in here an hour or two before sunrise."
    The big man shook his head.

"He did, though. Coupla hours ago, no more. Saw him."

He did not reply to Raffy's other instructions any further: merely watching the young man leave, he remained where he stood, staring at the Sparrowhawk, until the closing door cut off his eyeline.

Stooping to pick up the money-box, Raffy felt the heft and jingle of coins inside. The sun was heaving itself up properly over the horizon now, lighting up the Cathedral tower in the centre of town rather beautifully.

With a spring in his step, he set off towards the Fields.

OOC: Feel free to write up your arrival there yourself.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

Not Raffy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus sighs deeply. 'Well I screwed up' He pauses, gathering his thoughts. 'Right, so you know the theories about Maria, I decided to try something. I went to the local crime lord and spoke to him. He mentioned the fact that he had had a request to burgal Maria's house, and steal a box of important documents. Well, I thought that maybe it could be something that either clears her or otherwise. Well I slipped into the house and managed to find two boxes, one was locked and the other was open. I opened the one and it had letters in it. Before I could read the letters though someone started up the stairs.'

He nods, 'Aye, So I pocket the boxes and make my escape out the window, but someone shoves a blunderbuss out the window and nearly kills me. Then who sticks their head out the window, none other than Raffy. I manage to make my escape with a few others who were helping me and I began to read the letters. It turned out that they were infact deeply private letters, and not one of them was what I was looking for. So I decided to try and return the object to Maria but my 'acomplices' had other plans. I'm not sure if they had planned it all along or not but they jumped me, with rather xenophobic zeal, took the boxes and made off with them.'

He again pauses to draw breath. 'Then I return back to Faulkes street... and I found the body of the Landlord. Dead. And there were rats....' He shivers, 'There were rats... eating him...' He swallows, 'I reported it to the guard, and I was told Marius wanted to see us today. He shrugs, 'Look I know I did wrong, and I think Raffy is out for my blood, but I made a mistake. I regret it deeply...' He trails off waiting to see the group's response.
    Sigatar by Me