New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Titans 4! Salvation - In Progress.

Funny thing. As with yesterday, I tried to vote randomly as I have no special reason to join the bandwagon. And what do my dice say?

Reinholdt
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    I think I'll join this massive bandwagon against Reinholdt.

Though I am just curious, how many people did contact you Reinholdt with claims to be members of a certain pantheon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I know the seer.
    Oh yeah. I'll just post the list of people who actually contacted me who's a wolf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... yep....
    Here. I'll be especially blatant.
    No one contacted me with any claims.

I'm sticking with my baner story this time. Cause, you know... it's true and all.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-07-31 at 07:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

THUD

"OWWWW!"

THUD

"OWWWWWWWWWWW!"

THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD

A hole in the divine sky is suddenly torn open by a burst of pure prayer, and a rather confused-looking young god falls into the midst of the assembled deities.

"I'm sorry for being late! I was just sorting out some matters with my priests."

Standing up, he brushes dust of his (once) clean white robe, and formally addresses his godly peers.

"Ah, where are my manners? I've forgotten to introduce myself. I'm Atychima, God of Easily Preventable Accidents and Embarrassing Home Videos! My divine symbols include grazed shins, paper cuts, banana peels, bitten tongues, long flights of stairs and unfortunate kicks to the testi-"

Atychima never gets to finish his speech, for a divine eagle chooses that exact moment to void its waste over his head.

"AUGHHHHH! CURSE YOU, INSOLENT BIRD!"

Pointing an immortal finger at the offending animal, the god channels his wrath into a single, potent bolt of utter.... rabbit?!?

"SQUAWK!"

Mildly annoyed by the stunned rabbit that had shot past its wingtip, the eagle flies placidly on, looking for other young gods to torment.

Utterly humiliated, Atychima sinks to his knees. Casting an envious glance at Reinholdt, who seemed to be the center of attraction, he silently wishes he could be like him one day.

Far off in the distance, a sad little bunny hits the ground and expires with a soft "splat".

(OOC: RP partners, anyone? If anyone's interested I'll post Atychima's origin story too XD)
    Last edited by lostlittlebear; 2010-07-31 at 11:38 AM.

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

A permanently rotting head stuck up not far from Atychima, the head belonged to that of Fazith God of Zombies, and good fortune. He grumbled at the loud entrance made by Atychima. He had been taking a nap and had been awoken by the gods loud entrance, He sighed and pulled himself off of a corpse he had been eating when he had fallen asleep.

Do you always make such a dramatic entrance? And at such an unholy hour, I mean it is no later than noon, oooo its noon already, where does the time go? Finally standing, he shambled over to meet Atychima.
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2010-07-31 at 12:59 PM.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

5. - Top - End - #275

I guess I'm pointing at Reinholdt?
    I dunno, I don't really have time to pay attention to this game until I get back for real next week.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

Here. I'll be especially blatant.
    No one contacted me with any claims.

I'm sticking with my baner story this time. Cause, you know... it's true and all.
    I'm willing to bet that PirateMonk actually contacted you when you first called for help, which is how you know him now (you only have a 1 in 52 chance of getting someone's exact role right anyhow, so I'm willing to bet that PirateMonk really is Celt).
    Spoiler
    Show

Hetalia FTW!

WILL DM FOR FOOD teh lulz!
    Th story of my DMing, in blog form!: http://matterofdice.wordpress.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgrrl View Post
    EDIT: AGH, ninja post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    I agree with this man.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zorba1994 View Post
    I'm willing to bet that PirateMonk actually contacted you when you first called for help, which is how you know him now (you only have a 1 in 52 chance of getting someone's exact role right anyhow, so I'm willing to bet that PirateMonk really is Celt).
    How much do you want to bet? Cause I'll be happy to take your money, your dignity and your song and dance number.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

How much do you want to bet? Cause I'll be happy to take your money, your dignity and your song and dance number.
    Well, seeing the relative accuracy of your claims so far...
    Spoiler
    Show

Hetalia FTW!

I agree with this man.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, seeing the relative accuracy of your claims so far...
    All of which were carefully designed in an attempt to ensure the baner's survival and usability in face of a day 1 lynch. That was largely lost when The Bushranger turned out not to be a wolf. The claims of being one helped keep the wolf killers confused long enough so that I could at the very least act as seer proxy today.

As I said, how much are you willing to bet? I'll be happy to take it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #280

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Waspinator's antique optics take in Atychima's entrance. The prehistoric Predacon lets out a tiny buzzing gasp and swiftly turns away, hiding his face with a hand.

"Maybe bad-luck god not recognizze Wazzpinator in Wazzpinator'zz new cloak?" he mutters to himself. "Wazzpinator need to keep head down, anyway."

Twitching nervously, Waspinator tries to move away inconspicuously.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

All of which were carefully designed in an attempt to ensure the baner's survival and usability in face of a day 1 lynch. That was largely lost when The Bushranger turned out not to be a wolf. The claims of being one helped keep the wolf killers confused long enough so that I could at the very least act as seer proxy today.

As I said, how much are you willing to bet? I'll be happy to take it.
    I'll bet you three GP in Touch of Evil. We'll collect this bet at next year's Trogland Meet-Up.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    I'll bet you three GP in Touch of Evil. We'll collect this bet at next year's Trogland Meet-Up.
    Deal. Anyone else? I'm going to die, so I might as well take your stuff while I'm at it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #283
    Barbarian in the Playground

((LittleLostBear - count me in!))

Hearing a commotion outside, Divania finishes her duties for the late king and emerges from the temple in time to see the bird do its business on the young man claiming to be a god. Her green eyes narrow, and she opens her mouth and takes a step forward to warn the man about the dangers of blaspheming such a thing...when she sees his wonderous miracle! With the black shawl still draped over her head, she moves forward, clearing her throat quietly. She stops a few feet away from the young god and kneels on the ground, head bowed. Her soft, melodious voice carries well, however, and should reach the god's ears. My lord Atychima, thank you for this blessing of your presence. I am Divania, priestess of the temple of All Gods. I am here to serve you. She stands slowly, hoping he won't take offense, dropping the shawl from her head as she does. The effect is that the setting sun illuminates her chocolate locks, making them seem to glow. And the softening light accentuates her delicate, pretty features. What do you wish of me?

((I am...evil. Poor young unsuspecting priestess, tossed into such an opening. Oh my.))
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Kamina sees the unfortunate god of un-luck, accidents and horrible life choices and shakes his head in pity. Stepping forward magnanimously, he begins to teach the god how life on Olympus really-

"Hell no. I'm going to see what this little lady here's up to. Gosh, divine girls have some curves, don't they? So... Divania, huh?"

Kamina. Is that really the manly thing to do? Aren't we supposed to be pointing at someone?

"I'll have you know that flirting with a beautiful woman is the HEIGHT of MANLY romance. As GOD of such things, of course I must do so! But if you insist, I'll point at Reinholdt, simply because he's doomed anyway. Now, Divania, was it? Doing anything tonight?" Kamina winks at the priestess instead of guiding Atychima. How noble.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

15. - Top - End - #285

The young priestess turns her green eyes from the unfortunate young god to the - oh my - muscular, handsome god who approaches. It takes her a few moments to regain her breath from excitement. Two gods, showing up in town, on the same day?! Surely this was a portent of something great. Something...tonight? No, my lord. Another priestess is supposed to come and relieve me of my duties at sundown. Which is, ya know, now. Oh, and here comes nameless NPC priestess now. The pretty head priestess squints slightly at Kamina. Begging your forgiveness, my lord, but I don't recognize your face from any of our statues or inscriptions. Surely our mortal hands have failed to capture your majesty and manliness... She flushes prettily, hiding her face with one hand as she lowers her head slightly.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

((OoC: So you have wished it, LLB, so it shall be.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Atychima had once been a normal young man. He had a beautiful wife, a great job, and a little one on the way. This, however, did not last.

On the Eve of Some Greek Holiday, Atychima's family had stayed to visit, like they had done for every year since Atychima had left home. They missed him greatly, and would often call him on their Magical Talking Device (TM) to check on him.

Not everyone in the family missed Atychima, however. His two nephews, by the names of Billthony and Roberthan were rather mischievous little boys. They were the sort to go about stealing toys, pulling hair, and generally cause much trouble for poor Mrs. Billthony's Mom. They hardly missed their goody-two-shoes cousin, and plotted to rid themselves of him ASAP.

Right. So anyways, on the Eve of That One Holiday, Atychima had been busy preparing the great holiday feast, as he did every year. This year, however, Billthony and Roberthan snuck some Ye Olde Hot Sauce into Antychima's feast. Quite content with the naughtiness of their deed, they wandered off to find puppies to kick.

Now, as it so happened, the Roman Emperor had been traveling across the Greek countryside, hoping some fresh air might cure his illness. Having traveled quite a bit, he grew incredibly famished, and stopped at a nearby household for food.

Yes, as you might put together, the house was Atychima's. As an act of goodwill, he gave the Emperor some of his feast. As the Emperor bit into the meal, the ridiculous amounts of Ye Olde Hot Sauce was too much for him, in his ailing condition. As he flailed about wildly, the two boys, having kicked every puppy within a two mile radius, decided to document this event with their camera Magical Recording Device (TM).

The two posted their recording on YouTube the newsboard, and many laughs were had at the expense of Atychima and the Emperor. As the recording became more widely known, so too did the Emperor's health deteriorate. As he lay on his deathbed, he told his son to find the man who ruined him. Find him and crush him. Find Atychima.

Atychima ran, and ran far. The only thing to give him refuge now was a small temple, unguarded and abandoned. As he lay exhausted on the temple floor, he thought he heard the voice of the gods.

"Why do you cry, Atychima?" the voice asked.

"I have been banished from my home, and being hunted for a crime I did not commit."

"Oh, that hot sauce thing? That was hilarious.

*ahem*

But I digress. Do you want to know something, Atychima?"

"What is it, my lord?"

"There is a war coming, and I'm afraid the mood won't be quite as light as it is today."

"Why do you tell me this, my lord?"

"... Would you like to be at my side, as a lesser god?"

"What? B-but, my lord I-"

"Your recording brought me laughter I haven't experienced in years. Please, Atychima, come with me."

Noticing the clamor of armor growing closer and closer, Atychima had no choice but to except. As his body was shaped into that of a god, he heard these words echo through his skull:

"Teach them to laugh, Atychima."
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2010-08-01 at 04:09 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Deal. Anyone else? I'm going to die, so I might as well take your stuff while I'm at it.
    Ummmm, not that I forgot or anything, but what are we betting on again?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Kamina grins the grin of a man who has just been handed one free ticket for an epic speech. The setting sun glints epically off of his epic sunglasses, and a convenient gust of wind sets his cloak flapping dramatically.

"The reputation of Team Gurren echoes far and wide across the heavens! When they talk about its bada** leader, the God of Indomitable Spirit and Masculinity, they're talking about me - the MIGHTY KAMINA! And I, Kamina, will not tolerate such a beautiful young lady to go about Olympus without a companion to keep her safe from such evils as the Norse and the Lolcats!

But seriously, don't feel bad about not recognizing me. Just moved in among the big boys after getting a spear shoved through my side. Hurt like blazes, but turns out that I was MANLY enough to become a god, and there we are!"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Ummmm, not that I forgot or anything, but what are we betting on again?
    That I'm the baner and am actually conveying a scry rather than me being some other role and PirateMonk contacting me.

Or... we could bet on something else if you want. I won't randomly accept like I will with the above of course.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #290

Divania nods, slightly confused, but still delighted that a god - however new to the pantheon - is gracing her with their presence. Very well, lord Kamina. I would hate to upset you. Does my lord wish for something to eat or drink? Does he require a place to rest? A bath? What do you wish of me? She bows low, hair nearly brushing the ground as it falls over her shoulders.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateMonk.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

Emergency just got back from mini-vacation point at Reinholdt

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

It's times like these where you remember that 40% of the player base wants you dead...
    Awww... the one time I get to be the bunny with the pancake on its head...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

It's times like these where you remember that 40% of the player base wants you dead...
    Awww... the one time I get to be the bunny with the pancake on its head...
    you're really enjoying this aren't you.

Meh, can't blame you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hetalia FTW!

I agree with this man.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

Mustiado.

Enter bad explanation for why I haven't been paying attention here.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

you're really enjoying this aren't you.

Meh, can't blame you.
    If this were the first time it had happened, you couldn't blame him. But seriously, this is like a monthly occurrence with him.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Reinholdt. Not much use pointing elsewhere.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah yes, a priest! Just the person I wanted to see! Good, good as first priest of mine is this dimension, I shall give you honors beyond your imagining."

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    The young priestess turns her green eyes from the unfortunate young god to the - oh my - muscular, handsome god who approaches.
    "No! Wait! Look at me! AT ME! I'm all powerful and stuff! Look what I can do!"

Calling upon his divine powers, Atychima inflicts a passing farmer with a vicious papercut.

"FEAR MY WROTH, YE MORTALS!"

"Hoi what was that for?!"

THWACK

"YOWCH! You can't hit me, I'm a go-"

"Yeah right, and I'm the King of Kyrgyzstan!"

(Unbeknown to the farmer, he was the sole surviving direct male descendant of one of Genghis Khan's vassals, who had been granted Kyrgsyz as a fief for services rendered in the siege of Ulanbhattar. His family had ruled for 300 years before being kicked out of power due to a coup involving the palace guards, a cookery class, and a particularly conniving orange.)

THWACK

"ARGH! Somebody! Help! I shall give thee riches beyond thy imagining!"

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

29. - Top - End - #299

Day 2 Ends.

The lynch mob started early, with the children following Reinholdt around chucking pieces twigs and rocks at him. He tried to reason with the kids, but you can't reason with 5 year olds.

Then later in the day, while going to lunch, Reinholdt found that none of the restaurants will serve him.

Fine, I don't need your food.

Reinholdt's trouble continued throughout the day. Most people he walked by giving him a fierce scowl or disapproving grimace. Some looked at him with a hope, but did nothing fearing the wrath of others in the community.

That evening, after happy hour at the various citadels, some of those who were angry became more vocal. This lead to others gathering around to hear what they were saying. The group - with inhibitions lost from the alcohol, could no longer keep the disdain they felt all day in check. They went out looking for Reinholdt.

They found him at the temple.

There he is. That no good filthy liar!

He killed the Bushranger!

He's a cheat!

He's a murderer!

He's a Cylon!

The crowd stops for a moment and looks at the kid who shouted the last one. The kid gulps, then yells.

Kill him!

So the mob grabs hold of Reinholdt.

You fancy this temple so much, then it's here you shall die.

They tie him up to the column, and surround it with wood. One of the villagers grabs a torch.

Any last words?

Yes. The evil gods are hidden amongst you. Find them, recover the missing pieces to the scepter and replace them. Give us the power back to help protect all of you....

Laughter ensues as the wood pile is lit. As the fire ascends, burning the body of Reinholdt, a green light begins to emanate from it. There is no scream as the body incinerates. Only a green light is left. The light speaks.

I can protect you no more.

The light takes off to Mount Olympus.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reinholdt was lynched. Reinholdt was Ares, the Greek Baner

Night 2 Begins
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

30. - Top - End - #300
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Wow, he was telling the truth. That doesn't bode well.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus