New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Titans 4! Salvation - In Progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    (( It's Divania, thank you very much! ))

Spoiler
    Show
    The priestess, doesn't look up, merely senses a helping hand and takes it, eyes closed in exhaustion. She is led to the bench and sinks onto it, the folds of her once-pristine robe settling around her in gentle waves. It is smudged here and there with ash, which she notices with a sigh and wipes away. Surely the gods would be displeased to see their new head priestess mucking about in dirty robes. When she looks up to thank her helper, she sees no one. Goosebumps rise on her skin and she rubs at her arms. I must be more tired than I thought. I need to rest...and bathe.

Calling over an acolyte, Divania reaches for her help. The priestess leans heavily on the other girl, whispering instructions, her throat hoarse from ceremonies and prayers. The head priestess is led back to private chambers reserved for her use - the first time she has visited them. There is a small archway that leads to a private pool in the back, surrounded by trees and bushes as a natural wall for privacy. No one ever goes BEHIND the temple. The acolyte leaves the priestess at the edge of the pool and goes inside to lay out a fresh, clean robe for her.

Once alone, the priestess shrugs free of her dirty robe and discards it, slipping into the cool, still waters of the pool.
    The pixie puppy slips through the bushes and trees and watches as Divania slips into the bath.

She slowly crawls toward the edge of the pool. She was sooo thirsty.

Once at the edge of the bathing pool, the pixie puppy begins to drink.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Divania spies the pixie puppy and smiles. There is certainly enough water there for them both. She makes a mental note to leave some food out for the poor creature.

After a bath and a nap, Divania comes back out into the moonlit temple in a clean, white robe. It is made of thin layers of material to combat the oddly warm evening. Checking to make sure everything is set up and prepared for the next morning, she is in mid-yawn when she stumbles over a bundle of rags. A gasp escapes her lips as she realizes the rags are a worshipper! My apologies. I didn't see you there and I am not yet accustomed to the temple at night. I beg your forgiveness. Are you comfortable? Is there anything you need - food? Water? The priestess long brown hair falls in loose waves down her back from where it was previously braided.
    Last edited by Diva De; 2010-08-13 at 08:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

The young-looking man looks up in surprise, then gasps as he sees the priestess standing there. "My goodness. Are...are you an angel?" he says, his voice soft. "I...would it be possible for me to beg the temple's largesse. For the night. I have nowhere to stay. I...I know not who I am," he admits. "I remember nothing before this night, finding myself here."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

After gobbling up the offered food like the starving puppy she is, the pixie puppy lays down next to the entrance to the temple and waits for her mistress to return.

5. - Top - End - #515

The priestess shakes her head and smiles, dark spots forming on her cheeks as she blushes. Not an angel, sir, no. I am the head priestess for this temple. My name is Divania. She frowns as she hears of his amnesia, his troubles. Worry not, sir. Faithful servants of the gods are always welcome here. And from the way you were so fervently praying - well, I can see that you are. She smiles and offers a hand down to the young man. Come this way. There is a room for you, and a clean tunic. I'll bring you something to eat shortly. The room is not spacious. It's really just a cot and a water pitcher, but it will serve your needs.

Spying the pixie puppy at the temple's entrance, the young priestess smiles and pats her thigh gently, attempting to call it over to her side.
    Last edited by Diva De; 2010-08-13 at 08:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Tongue and tail wagging happily, the pixie puppy runs to her mistress, yipping musically.

She sniffs the vagabond as they walk, then snorts as if she'd sniffed something that bothered her nose.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

AFK from the 14th - 21st. Don't autolynch me.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

8. - Top - End - #518
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I don't know what's going on here...... Therefore, I will now include a picture of a cute puppy.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

"I am...grateful. I feel like I've come back from something terrible," the young, yet admittedly quite grubby, man petitioner says, as she accepts the hand up. "Thank you, Lady Divania. Anything is better than where I was before, I know that, at least. I appreciate your hospitality on behalf of our gods."

Noticing the puppy as he follows her inside, he chuckles softly at the reaction to the smell of soft dirt, ash, and...cattails?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Standing by the silent temple of Ares the ghost of Tsofu tries to stifle an incorporeal yawn.
    I wonder if I'd feel a bonfire, it sure is chilly in the spirit realm...

11. - Top - End - #521
    Bugbear in the Playground

And I'm back

*finishes reading the thread*

wow that was confusing

12. - Top - End - #522

Divania leads the haggard young man back to the small chambers available for travelers and the occasional unfortunate whose home burned down, etc. Under King Goofinidas, they had rarely been used. Now, the young priestess suspected, they would see more traffic. Here you are, sir. Make yourself comfortable. She turns to leave, scooping the pixie puppy into her arms. Is...is there something you would like to be called? This is... She regards the little beast in her arms and considers a moment. ...Lexy.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

"I cannot thank you enough," the young man says as he settles on the cot, taking a deep breath, then pausing as the priestess questions his name. And smiles slightly, seeing the puppy introduced, even as a memory surfaces...and he nods.
    "I...call me Ioannes."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #524

The priestess bows deeply, hair spilling over her shoulders. I will leave you for the evening then, Master Ioannes. Divania smiles again and straightens, then turns and heads to her own chambers, gently setting the pixie puppy down as she goes.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

The pixie puppy licks at Divania's face happily after being picked up and... named! Yay!! Lexy wags her tail excitedly, overjoyed at being named.

Lexy runs quickly after Divania, slightly rising off the floor as she goes. Because, as everyone knows, Pixie Puppies can hover an inch above the ground as the "run", if they are happy.

16. - Top - End - #526

I'm on holiday right now, so between going out and the people i'm staying with using the computer, I won't be here until Friday the 20th. Please refrain from lynching, auto-lynching or nightkilling me. No really, don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

17. - Top - End - #527

Supagoof where are you?!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

18. - Top - End - #528

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

*spreads arms*

"Wazzpinator have new prophezzy of never-ending night! Wazzpinator zzuggezzt panic! Greek-people need remember to buy apocalypzze gear from--" *squints at wrist* "--Fullbladderzz Dizzcount Zzurvival Emporium and Izze Cream Zzhop!"

*lowers arms*

*walks off chewing on some glowy bribe from store in question*
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

Griever frowns at the sky, waiting for a proclamation from Eru God The Narrator.

Silence.

...Heh, maybe Nietzsche had it right after all...
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

20. - Top - End - #530

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    Supagoof where are you?!
    Sorry for the absence. My weekend was busier then expected, and exhausting. It involved swinging sledgehammers and running a jackhammer and tearing out paneling with a claw hammer while listening to some MC Hammer - needless to say the theme of my weekend was Hammer.

But now it's time to Stop - Titan Time!

Night 5 Ends

The night at the temple is a busy one. New traveler's coming in, and animals also coming to make their stay. As chambers are opened to accomodate the new guest, Priestess Diviana has her hands full in welcoming the new guests.

Just when she leaves travelor Ioannes and Lexy the pixie pup for the night, she is greeted once again by a knock on the door.

Hello?

Greeting Priestess. I am but a soul looking for the King Goofinidas. I have come a great distance to find him, but I fear for tales I've heard along the way that I may be too late. Can you help?

Sadly, I can not help you locate King Goofinidas. Five days ago he was attacked here at this very temple. Five days ago he gave his life to protect this city.

Then I am afraid I am five days too late, but fear not. I am investigator Shaggious, and have come with my faithful companion Scoobimus.

Herro.

*Gasp* He talks!

He has been trained in speaking by some mystical powers, the source of which is unknown to me. It always makes me chuckle. In fact, it make me laugh so often that people sometimes refer to me as the laughing man.

I can see, it is quite a rarity. Well Shaggious and Scoobimus, even though Goofinidas is no more, any help you can offer would be appreciated in these times. Let me show you to our guest chambers and perhaps get you an evening snack.

Thank you.

Yeah, Thank roo.

Priestess Diviana guides the two back to the unused chambers. She had already opened one for the other guests that evening, so she activates the mechanism to move the large stone that closed off the other chamber. It slides open.

Yoikes!

Shaggious jumps to the side as three large gasous beings rush out of the chamber at them.

She's found us!

Kill her.

Kill him.

Kill them all!

The gas chases the Priestess and company through the halls of the temple. Passages long lost are used, and unseemly ways of getting from chamber to chamber are found. The pixie pup Lexy stares down the corridor watching the scene, with head tilted sideways as the chase leads from room to room with no visble connection between. Soon though, the chase stops, and out from the room come the gas beings. The rush down the hall at the pixie puppy.

This one too?

No - let this one spread the word of what happened here this night.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diva De was attacked and killed.
    Diva De was attacked and killed.TheLaughingMan was attacked, but survived.

Did not point yesterday.
    CyborgMage
    Griever
    Haruki-Kun
    Istari
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins

Day 6 Begins.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

The Pixie Puppy runs to Divania's side, and licks her hand. When she gets no reaction, she licks her mistress' face with a small whine.

After still getting no reaction, Lexy lays her head on Divania's shoulder, waiting to die.

22. - Top - End - #532

NecromancerGirl

Really really does not know whats going on...

soooo ummmm... Lex-kat? until I can figure out who I am supposed to be hating.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

23. - Top - End - #533

Sanity
    No zappa da puppy!
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    Really really does not know whats going on...

soooo ummmm... Lex-kat? until I can figure out who I am supposed to be hating.
    I'll give you a hint: I don't kill those I'm RPing with. Usually cuts the RPing short.

25. - Top - End - #535

Well that sucked. Can I be put on the auto-lynch replacement list?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536

"Waspinator not see sane-bot at apocalypse sale! Sane-bot must be evil god!"

Sanity, on account of me not knowing what's going on either.

What? The night lasted longer than expected! I, the Fullbladder, had to have a doomsday survival sale! Obviously! I even paid for advertising. Obviously anyboy who did come buy can openers and gas masks is part of the problem causing the end of the world!
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2010-08-16 at 01:51 PM.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Fullbladder's awesome.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Fullbladder.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

28. - Top - End - #538

WHAAT? I am an innocent business man and sometimes a homeless prehistoric future robot. I am not a god! You folks almost voted me into godhood once, but it didn't stick, remember?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fullbladder's awesome.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

The next morning, having slept like a log the previous night, Ioannes emerges, feeling much better, but still without much memory of who he was before...

...well, he tries not to think too much about the first moments of 'after'.
    Any thoughts at all, though, are lost when he sees the form of the priestess who had taken him in sprawled lifeless on the floor.

"NO!"

Gasping, he rushes to her side, dropping, a few tears forming in his eyes. "Did I bring bad luck here? Is this my fault? Tell me!" He looks up at the ceiling and shouts, doubting his sanity even more, before looking back down...and noticing the pixie puppy, sad and resting her head on her fallen mistress's shoudler.

"Oh, no..." he whispers, gently reaching torwards the heartbroken pup. "Here, girl. I'll take care of you. It's the least I can do to repay her..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #540

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    Well that sucked. Can I be put on the auto-lynch replacement list?
    Nope. Night killed players are not eligible for auto-lynch replacement.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic