New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1094
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Titans 4! Salvation - In Progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    A note from the narrator:

After a glance back at the rules and consulting with mods and others who have run games - and in the interest of not dragging this out any longer - there is a clause that says that when a lone wolf god remains, they get a night kill ability. I balanced this by giving out a bane ability as well.

I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS SOONER BUT I WASN'T CLEAR ON THE RULE. So it was a narrator error.

That is all. Thank you.
    If I'm reading this correctly, that puts a different spin on things. It doesn't mean an inactive wolf deity, just one who didn't have their kill until last night. Which, combined with what VA_beds said moves things away from The Fiery Tower.

Which leaves two possibilities:

1) Deathslayer7 is the last wolf deity (Odin, by my reckoning). VA_beds is what he says he is, therefore The Fiery Tower can't be the last wolf.

2) VA_beds is the last wolf deity. The Fiery Tower still can't be a wolf.

Consider that when we took down Azure Butterfly (the last Killer role), the Norse Voider was still alive, and could have been doing the Voiding. Also, both me and Deathslayer7 voted for Istari (Tyr) and Blue Ghost (Loki). VA_beds didn't point at Istari, and only switched to Blue Ghost after first pointing at mangosta71.

Looking at it like that, VA_beds actually seems more likely now.

I'm confused. I'm retracting my point for now while I think about this.

EDIT: Extra thought, VA_beds didn't claim to be a Voider until after we'd lynched calar (Zeus - the Seer). Waiting until the one person who could disprove his claim was dead, perhaps?

EDIT2: And since Deathslayer7 started the bandwagons on both Blue Ghost (Loki) and Istari (Tyr), that does suggest they weren't on the same side (okay, wolf teams start almost blind, but still).

Yeah, I'm gonna say VA_beds.
    Last edited by Tasroth; 2010-11-24 at 09:33 AM.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Actually that is a good point, but TFT has made a similar point as well, although his seems more wolfish than not. The only thing is VA_Beds does seem wolfish espcially with his comment on voiding TFT.

Saying he voided TFT easily gets everyone to bandwagon Tasroth or me, leaving the way easy for him.

I'll go with VA beds though as his comment pushes his up above TFT comment about both of us pointing at sanity and then having sanity die.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Pixie in the Playground

and who gave the name of azurebutterfly as the last killer alive?

me, thank you very much

ill go with tasroth after tft's post
    Last edited by VA_beds; 2010-11-24 at 05:49 PM.
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VA_beds View Post
    and who gave the name of azurebutterfly as the last killer alive?

me, thank you very much

ill go with tasroth after tft's post
    Yes... But since the victory condition for each wolf pantheon is to eliminate all members of the other wolf pantheons, and then wind up with equal numbers to the remaining villagers (as per usual rules), that doesn't clear you of anything.

Oh, and side note: if you check, TFT is wrong, I never actually pointed at Sanity. Said I suspected him, yes, but never pointed at him.

Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Pixie in the Playground

might i also point out i was the one who gave us the kat killer that i had been voiding since night 1(poor guy never got to taste any blood)

but hey thanks for reminding me of your victory conditions..thought you had to eliminate the villagers now i know why im wanted dead..no void evil wins tonight after kill

so for villagers smart play is to vote for no lynch if you arent sure of the target
    then 50% shot for me to void the killer tonight
    and tomorrow 100% to lynch
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Pixie in the Playground

lynching an unknown is 50/50 chance of greek win/evil win since he just has to = the villager #'s if you dont know someone elses role

for me...lynch either death or tas is 100% win for greeks since i know tft is safe since i just void the other and we lynch tomorrow

no lynch = a draw if the evil gawd doesnt use his power---death for the evil gawd if he does

the mistake with not giving the NK sooner REALLY hurt town since i couldnt set up a network of safely voided people thinking we still had 2 false gawds out there

how bout makin a pro town correction diva...either give tft a scry tonight...or make a use of nightpower mandatory?

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think I've made my own decision based off of everything that has happened. However, I want clarification from Diva De as to whether the kill was forgotten or not, because I had read it as something else.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VA_beds View Post
    *snip*

how bout makin a pro town correction diva...either give tft a scry tonight...or make a use of nightpower mandatory?
    Since by my reckoning the last god is Odin (Norse Alpha Devil - scries as Villager), a Scry is unlikely to help.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1059

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    Yes... But since the victory condition for each wolf pantheon is to eliminate all members of the other wolf pantheons, and then wind up with equal numbers to the remaining villagers (as per usual rules), that doesn't clear you of anything.

Oh, and side note: if you check, TFT is wrong, I never actually pointed at Sanity. Said I suspected him, yes, but never pointed at him.
    EDIT: *Insert gibberish here* For some reason I confused pointed at literally with pointed at suspiciously. My bad.

However, I think I'm going to restate my argument, now that I have some time to devote to it. What I said before is italicized, and what I'm clarifying or saying now isn't italicized.

Hmm, looking back even just two days is interesting.

Both Tas and Deathslayer decided to point at Sanity before his untimely demise.

I already mentioned this mistake, but I meant a figurative pointed at Sanity, not literal.

Deathslayer decided to start a bandwagon on him. Odd how he would end up dead afterward, huh?

He did also seem to have a vendetta against Sanity as well.

Okay, here is point one, in sum: The day before Sanity dies, Deathslayer had started a bandwagon against him. This, if Deathslayer were to get an ability to kill and sanity died, would cast a huge amount of suspicion on him. Therefore, I was pointing this fact out. However...

No wait.

Tas mentioned something about cunning ploys. Maybe this is because he was hatching one himself?

Tas mentioned something about a cunning ploy deathslayer was using. I found this interesting, because if deathslayer were using cunning ploys, then why go after the person you just tried to get lynched? That's asking for trouble. Also, it proves Tas is thinking in a cunning ploy mindset, so he can't use a "I'm a newish guy" type of excuse.

Realizing that I was being inactive during night phases, he decides "Oh hey, I can totally use this to my advantage. Let's go after that guy!"

This is explaining how, immediately after the night phase, Tas goes for me. He sees my inactivity and sees it as a good way to possibly get an easy bandwagon.

Someone who is doing that much in the planning would also think "Oh hey, I can also cast some doubt on deathslayer by using my kill on Sanity, who he was targeting the night before. That would definitely cast any suspicion off of me for the last few days, thus gaining me victory."

So, the point I made before the casting suspicion on me comes into play. If you are an evil god who gets a kill with only 5 people left, you want it to implicate one person as well as possible. I believe that having the guy that shows up dead be someone who was bandwagoned by another alive person casts some doubt in that person's direction.

However, and I didn't touch on this in my argument, It would be completely stupid for deathslayer to kill sanity, because it DOES put so much suspicion on himself. I've also seen deathslayer not only play a few games and also narrate a couple, so I don't think he would do that unless it was some kind of reverse psychology, and even then it seems like a bad idea.

Guess who also pointed at Tas yesterday?

Our resident newly dead corpse.

This is just to give another reason why Tas could be seen as suspicious. I believe that with my other points, this makes sense.

I'm going to go with Tasroth.
    I believe this will stay unless Tas can convince me otherwise. Go ahead, bring up something that doesn't include me making a mistake in wording in the first line, not something that is logically unsound.

However, this is all based on my assumptions before, which would be different if what others believe was meant is true. I would like clarification before the end of the day, because it hinders arguments to have this kind of doubt.

Okay, it is 3:15. I need some sleep.
    Last edited by TFT; 2010-11-25 at 06:18 AM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Pixie in the Playground

at this point tower i dont think either of them is going to change off of me...so one last try

i suggest again...no lynch...if i am telling the truth and last god uses his power he is id'd and we kill him next day

worst case possible for greeks...i am the killer..kill someone..guess what...its 2 on 1...greek win
    no-lose situation for town

most likely....the fake gawd does not use his power...right back to this spot we are in now i.e. a draw

thats why i am asking narrator to give us a rule that night powers MUST be used

huge plus greek request yes...but it would make up for the boning we took by being unable to network/gather intel from lynch votes when we were down to last fake gawd

on that note i had to make room in inbox so does anyone have the pms i sent out saying who i voided nights 21 on
    because i know who i think the false one is and im pretty sure i targetted him 1st or 2nd night he should have had the kill which should have been game right there
    Last edited by VA_beds; 2010-11-25 at 08:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Dwarf in the Playground

Except the game will continue until somebody wins, either by eliminating all the wolf deities or there being only one villager and one deity remaining. So, no lynch could easily favour the wolf.

If you're telling the truth, you could still die, then we'd have another argument tomorrow about who the last wolf is, and if we get it wrong then, we still lose.

If you are the last wolf, and kill someone tonight, you could turn around and say you voided either me or DS7. If you either killed the one you "voided" or killed TFT, you would easily be able to talk the survivor into helping you lynch whoever was left.

There is no option of a draw.

So, from my point of view, I'm a villager. TFT is almost certainly a villager. So, it's either you or DS7. If I pick right, we win. If I pick wrong, we lose.

A phrase regarding rocks and hard places springs to mind.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    Except the game will continue until somebody wins, either by eliminating all the wolf deities or there being only one villager and one deity remaining. So, no lynch could easily favour the wolf.

If you're telling the truth, you could still die, then we'd have another argument tomorrow about who the last wolf is, and if we get it wrong then, we still lose.

If you are the last wolf, and kill someone tonight, you could turn around and say you voided either me or DS7. If you either killed the one you "voided" or killed TFT, you would easily be able to talk the survivor into helping you lynch whoever was left.

There is no option of a draw.

So, from my point of view, I'm a villager. TFT is almost certainly a villager. So, it's either you or DS7. If I pick right, we win. If I pick wrong, we lose.

A phrase regarding rocks and hard places springs to mind.

worst case for no lynch killer hits someone and we lynch someone tomorrow(most likely me)...same 50/50 chance as today

next best case killer does not use power and we are right back here tomorrow with same 50/50 chance

next best case tft is hades not hermes but saves someone with void thereby clearing him and we still have a 50/50

next best case tft is hermes..he has a 1/3 chance of voiding killer and if he misses then there is still the same 50/50 chance tomorrow---1/3 chance + 50/50 chance is better

best case i am indeed hermes which is a 100% win if killer uses power since i void one of the 2 unknowns and if i am wrong we lynch the other

i see NO scenerio where a no lynch makes greek position WORSE, and some where it makes it better

from my point of view(as hermes) we got royally screwed by the delay in awarding kill power...we lost 3 nights of clearing/networking people + the 2 days of watching to see who votes for cleared person(s)

thats why i ask diva to give us a rule to force night powers to be used

or give us a public scry to be voted on tonight(i have no fear of being scried)

or give tft a scry and the greek gawd whoever he is banes tft tonight(and if he scries me as anything other than hermes i get lynched the next day)
    Last edited by VA_beds; 2010-11-25 at 05:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1063

Game Over.

Ending narration to be posted this evening.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Pixie in the Playground

congrats deathslayer(or was i wrong and its tas?)

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Bugbear in the Playground

So my team won?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ummm its not me. I lied it is.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    ummm its not me. I lied it is.
    stop wasting time with white text...you dont need to hide anymore
    Last edited by VA_beds; 2010-11-29 at 05:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

i know. but i wanted to see if you would notice.

what gave me away might i ask?

As to the nightkill, I assumed you had a bane, which is why I didnt go after you.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Any reason why I wasn't ever contacted? Or were you not the scrier, and not know about me?

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

ummm i never scried you? idk never kept my scries but i think Good sent me that you were a villager. Not sure though.

21. - Top - End - #1071

NecromancerGirl

*stabs death*

I knew there was a reason I wanted you lynched just forgot it. Well done. =.=
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

22. - Top - End - #1072

As the remaining villagers select their last victim - VA Beds - and have him lynched, his body disappears into a bright flash of light. It streaks towards the heavens - only to be stopped and grasped by a mighty fist. The villagers turn to look - and see Deathslayer7 standing there, growing in size and rumbling with laughter. You fools lynched your own god. After he told you who he was. I have to thank you for your cooperation in helping me establish my NEW pantheon here! His laughter seems to fill the sky, like thunder, as he grows and sheds his disguise. Soon, Odin, the Norse Devil, stands before the trembling, cowering Greeks. Taking the ball of light that was Hermes, Odin swallows it whole. The villagers finally start to panic and run around, but Odin fixes each with a glare and turns them into statues. To their horror, the Greeks find they can still see and hear and feel, but are trapped inside these forms. Tasroth and The Fiery Tower are both lifted up and inspected by Odin. For helping me achieve my victory, I shall use you to decorate my new temple, built on the ruins of your old one! With a movement of his gigantic foot, he crushes the beautiful temple, once so lovingly cared for. Laughing, he sets the statues down and pulls forth a gigantic horn. Raising it to his lips, he blows hard, filling the sky with sound. Come to me, my bretheren. Claim this new land as our own!

Congratulations to Deathslayer7, who wins for the Norse.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

Can we get a list of roles now?
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Can we get a list of roles now?
    No need. Reinholdt was everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Nuts, Egypt lost.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

Cassie!! *Hugs*

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

...wait, we won? o.O

And here I was thinking we were as good as dead!

28. - Top - End - #1078

I would love to get you the roles list, but the spreadsheet is a mess. And I came in part way through, so I am not sure of the original list, anyhow. Once I hear from Goof, I'll get it for you guys.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Nuts, Egypt lost.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, looks like there's a new power in town. All hail the Norse gods! Hail Odin and Thor and Loki...

Wait... My team won?
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2010-12-02 at 11:34 PM.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio