New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIII - "1 Plot, 2 Plot, Dead Plot, New P

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    I assume you know the details of FI's setting?
    Mmm... kinda. Mostly. Maybe.
    Genetic engineering hasn't been discovered yet (the tech level is roughly that of the early 1900s, with some additions), but the Sovice nanomachines could very well serve the same purpose (they're the non-magical Phlebotinum of Avbaroy). You could easily justify it by declaring it a UNA/Sovice experiment. Are you going to be with the UNA, the ALF, another group of your invention, or a freelancer?
    Mmm... for starters, I'm inventing a group which will serve as a secret freelance organization called FALCON working with a specialized form of Sovice nanomachines that work to rebuild DNA strands to create genetically modified soldiers to sell to the highest bidder. My character will be an escaped creation, and will probably be freelance, but working to bring down FALCON.
    Though beware, FI's archive is fairly outdated. I'll bring it up to date soon though, and I'll make a comic that's going to provide some plot hooks. There are not really any short-term goals right now apart from giving back Lor Nae's emerald, my next comic should hopefully provide some stuff for the characters in Skornbail.
    Ah... okay then. I'll start working on a backstory comic.

EDIT: Are there icebergs somewhere in the world?
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-08-06 at 07:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIII - "1 Plot, 2 Plot, Dead Plot, New P

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I don't trust you with a car either.

Edit: And you live closer to me than him.
    Well then it's a good thing the only thing I've only driven a van
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
    Mmm... kinda. Mostly. Maybe.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone else.

Mmm... for starters, I'm inventing a group which will serve as a secret freelance organization called FALCON working with a specialized form of Sovice nanomachines that work to rebuild DNA strands to create genetically modified soldiers to sell to the highest bidder. My character will be an escaped creation, and will probably be freelance, but working to bring down FALCON.
    Interesting. I suggest asking Lyinginbedmon about the specifics, he's the creator of the Sovices. Your character would be most likely to acquire help from the ALF, as it'll be in their interest to remove such an organisation to prevent the UNA (who have a lot more money than them) from using them. That's just the most obvious option however; I'm sure there's a way of allying the UNA against FALCON.

Alright.

Mmh... Well, Avbaroy is largely tropical/temperate but Lockutas (a country that was magically frozen centuries ago) is now being fixed to its original climate, but there's going to be lots of melting ice as it's a long-drawn out process, which means lots of floating icebergs.

Here's the map
    , though lots of Laurasian countries are place-holders, so feel free to ask me to replace one by a nation of your imagining.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

I lol'd.

And, to prevent this post being smaller than *Insert incredibly small thing here*... Wow, that sounded... wrong

"Hey, what do you call a Guinoid who fell into a river of lava?"

"I don't know, what?"

"Who cares!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

5. - Top - End - #215

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone else.
    'Kay. Thanks.
    Interesting. I suggest asking Lyinginbedmon about the specifics, he's the creator of the Sovices. Your character would be most likely to acquire help from the ALF, as it'll be in their interest to remove such an organisation to prevent the UNA (who have a lot more money than them) from using them. That's just the most obvious option however; I'm sure there's a way of allying the UNA against FALCON.
    Sure.
    Mmh... Well, Avbaroy is largely tropical/temperate but Lockutas (a country that was magically frozen centuries ago) is now being fixed to its original climate, but there's going to be lots of melting ice as it's a long-drawn out process, which means lots of floating icebergs.

Here's the map
    , though lots of Laurasian countries are place-holders, so feel free to ask me to replace one by a nation of your imagining.
    Mmm... I'll just make it off the coast of Lockutas, there have to be a bunch of icebergs that have split off.

EDIT: Posted it. What do you all think?
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-08-06 at 08:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: Posted it. What do you all think?
    Well, the Sovice didn't really appear until 15 years before FI, so I would suggest changing the "34 years ago". Other than that, it's fine, although they seem very modern... Perhaps they're from Schizotec, the nation where most of the non-Sovice advanced technology comes from?

7. - Top - End - #217

Well, the Sovice didn't really appear until 15 years before FI, so I would suggest changing the "34 years ago". Other than that, it's fine, although they seem very modern... Perhaps they're from Schizotec, the nation where most of the non-Sovice advanced technology comes from?
    Sure. And yes, they are very modern. And sure, Schizotec would be a good starting nation, but, of course, there would be exceptions.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

huh, the FI map doesn't look so bad...the Sovice only officially control a small portion of the world, why do ya guys paint it as so hopeless? it only looks kinda-bad to me.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    huh, the FI map doesn't look so bad...the Sovice only officially control a small portion of the world, why do ya guys paint it as so hopeless? it only looks kinda-bad to me.
    The "Sovice Territory" areas are mostly uninhabited deserts, the UNA control pretty much the entire world.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

The "Sovice Territory" areas are mostly uninhabited deserts, the UNA control pretty much the entire world.
    then how are the Sovices getting any resources? sand ain't much of anything, so either they are getting it from the UNA or trading.....

or do the Sovices use their nano-robotic trick to transmute sand into other forms of matter to get their matter or for some reason do the Sovices not need resources?

also why is it that big gulf thing in the Sovice territories circular? did a meteorite come down and make it like that?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

then how are the Sovices getting any resources? sand ain't much of anything, so either they are getting it from the UNA or trading.....
    Deserts aren't just dunes of sands. A lot of them are rocky, and there are plenty of resources to be found there. And IIRC, the Sovices can absorb almost anything.

The UNA was founded by the Sovices, they're highly connected.

also why is it that big gulf thing in the Sovice territories circular? did a meteorite come down and make it like that?
    Some 2500 years ago the Great Cataclysm happened. Some believe it's a meteorite, but no-one is quite sure.

12. - Top - End - #222

I just edited my IC (in-comic ) post to show the second background comic. I think I'll make about four total, then make him run a small self-run mission, and then he can get involved in the plot.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

huh, just curious.

hey maybe it would be better if I tried FI instead, I'm more of a "serious" guy than a "silly" guy anyways, and a bleak hopeless fight against a technologically superior regime sounds cyberpunk to me and I like cyberpunk. yea, forget the "gather the macguffins" plot, fighting against the Sovices and UNA sounds like my cup of tea, the high chance of death just sounds like a good environment to try to do something sufficiently audacious, cause if you can pull off something like that in that kind of setting.....

that and the plot actually sounds real. and of the FI comics I read so far.......I don't see many people dying aside from mooks. I'm not worried.

14. - Top - End - #224

Um... so, what are the major advanced-technology countries near Lockutas? Forgive me, but I don't know very much about the world...
    Alternatively, are there any filler countries near Lockutas? I might have an idea...

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Oh god, Q is on the road now. *building brick wall around house*
    Never have I been so glad that I live in England

As someone who has passed their driving test, I have to say that driving really opens up avenues for you.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

16. - Top - End - #226
    Banned

Right since Kumo is out I'm just going to make characters for the rest of the band. Expect a comic within the month(s)

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Um... so, what are the major advanced-technology countries near Lockutas? Forgive me, but I don't know very much about the world...
    Alternatively, are there any filler countries near Lockutas? I might have an idea...
    There's Armanea, who was of near-Modern Earth technology, yet like Schizotec, it was completely isolated from the rest of the world until the UNA was established in 1526. At that point most of the world was at roughly Late Medieval in terms of tech, so any nation that is technologically advanced has to be isolated to explain how their knowledge didn't spread to the rest of the world.

Here's a map of the world with the filler countries in light grey.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground

I go away for a week and look what happens...

wait, two new comics, its a miracle
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

19. - Top - End - #229
    Barbarian in the Playground

*raises hand*

Except for Austenia. I'm working on that, but...
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    You got the wolf ears, at least let me have the hat!
    I don't have the ears yet :\ I won't get them for a while as there being made and shipped from America.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    You guys do realize that I can make as many hats as I like right, all you have to do is ask
    You can "make" hats? O.O

EDIT:
    Wait so the majority of Dessets are owned by Sovice? So I guess thats where Fayte is then In FI.
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2010-08-07 at 09:56 AM.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

21. - Top - End - #231

There's Armanea, who was of near-Modern Earth technology, yet like Schizotec, it was completely isolated from the rest of the world until the UNA was established in 1526. At that point most of the world was at roughly Late Medieval in terms of tech, so any nation that is technologically advanced has to be isolated to explain how their knowledge didn't spread to the rest of the world.
    Hmm... how about this organization stole a whole bunch of information from Armenea's libraries, all to do with modifying genetics and stuff?

Or maybe the lab people were given the information by the UNA to help with their research...
    Hmm... thank you. It's very useful and stuff.
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-08-07 at 10:17 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    Wait so the majority of deserts are owned by Sovice? So I guess that's where Fayte is then in FI.
    Softwind is probably where your character is, because that's where most of the dunes are. There are three other deserts: Harshrealm (rocky with flash floods), Helina (volcanic) and the Eternal Ruins (also rocky).

Hmm... how about this organization stole a whole bunch of information from Armenea's libraries, all to do with modifying genetics and stuff?
    Sounds good.

Or maybe the lab people were given the information by the UNA to help with their research...
    Mmh... Maybe they stole the information about genetic engineering from Armanea, and the UNA gave them some Sovices to experiment on?

Hmm... thank you. It's very useful and stuff.
    You're welcome.

23. - Top - End - #233

Mmh... Maybe they stole the information about genetic engineering from Armanea, and the UNA gave them some Sovices to experiment on?
    You mean, gave them some Sovices to experiment with. They're still modifying human genetics, but they need the Sovices to help.

24. - Top - End - #234

You can "make" hats? O.O
    Well, I can spawn six different kinds of denim in pretty much any shape or form that I'd like, so yeah, I can make hats.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I can spawn six different kinds of denim in pretty much any shape or form that I'd like, so yeah, I can make hats.
    Oh I thought you meant In real life *shrugs*
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

26. - Top - End - #236

Oh I thought you meant In real life *shrugs*
    Well, I have friends who can sew and enough knowledge of the internet to find a pattern to make a hat, so theoretically...
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I have friends who can sew and enough knowledge of the internet to find a pattern to make a hat, so theoretically...
    Oh finding Patterns is easy, so is sewing (admittedly I'm not very good)
    But I have the problem of anytime I make something it looks like crap.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

Oh finding Patterns is easy, so is sewing (admittedly I'm not very good)
    But I have the problem of anytime I make something it looks like crap.
    Me too, that's why I would have my friends who know what they're doing handle the sewing.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

As a hat collecter myself (yes, that is one of my hobbies. Collecting hats.) I would love it if somebody I knew could make me any single hat I would ever want.

I guessing this somebody would want to be paid, and not just in cameos, which is where I'd probably turn the offer down.

Actually, I do know a custom hat store. The only problem is, they don't do designs or anything like that. So when I was making a Mario hat and a Luigi hat for myself to add to my collection, I had to get my parents to sew the letters on. It cost a lot to get those hats made, too. Like $80 a hat.

The next day, dollar stores are selling Mario Bros. hats for like, $3 bucks each.

So...yeah. Meaningless story...
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah but I don't collect hats...
    I just wear them.

I have yet to wear a hat i didnt like or that didn't suit me.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show