New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN 32: Srs Bzns

The Moff sighs a bit. Looks like he's gonna have to deal with something that takes itself seriously. He hates it when that happens, but they're rather easy to scam, so why not? Umm, would you mind explaining what kind of help I need?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Moff foot may feel like it is covered in liquid cheese right now. I heard that you feel that you are lacking in power around here. So I'm offering some friendship.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Lacking in power and damn proud of it. I'm a garden variety human, with no magical power whatsoever. I don't need anything like that. None of that stuff is important in NEXUS, but people seem to believe otherwise. Friends, however, are always a good thing. You seem to know me, so I'm not going to bother to introduce myself, but who th'hell are you?

4. - Top - End - #64

Well it goes on for a while or is it a while, since nothing else is moving, and says things that make your brain hurt alot and your ears scream, it finally says Dark Lord. and waves an hand at you fixing your poor abused ears.
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2010-07-17 at 04:25 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Don't worry about it, I seem to be fairly resistant to brain melting noises and such. Must be expirience. Anyhow, pleased to meet you, Dark, what can I do for you?

6. - Top - End - #66

Well I think you could use some extra help from time to lime. So I found a few fellows, that are willing to do some favors for you if you want them. But you have to be the one to want Friends on the other Side.

Think it over you know where to find me if you want some new friends.

and it pops back infront of it's Tv and things start moving again.

Deadtime.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

((Likewise))

8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground

A few construction workers march into AMEN, hauling a large force field generator worth several grand in gold.

They immediately commence hooking it up in one of the small, secret rooms in the base, as instructed.

Soon after, a large, invisible bubble of force appears around AMEN, removable only with a certain password. A password that, for the moment, is known only to Jack Empty.

Or, I guess you could just hammer on it until it's broken. But that might be difficult.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Fun... aren't we a little late to that party, though? The Moff muses to himself.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

A decent distance away from the actual buildings and field, part of the ashy landscape shifts. Jeremy, his clothing covered in ash, soot, and various other kinds of grime he put on, crawls slowly into position. His breathing is slow and once he finds the appropriate spot, tucks the butt of his 30.06 Hunting Rifle to his shoulder, looking through the scope with his newly enhanced vision at the force shield around the place.

He takes a long in depth look, trying to find if there are any openings or other oddities in the shield he could exploit.

11. - Top - End - #71

Actually, the force shield is invisible unless a certain amount of force is applied, with which it flickers into view temporarily.

Meanwhile, the remaining henchmen inside don't spot the stealthy rifleman, with many of them occupied rebuilding the rather damaged base structure. Well, it's nearly complete, but still, lots to do.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-07-18 at 12:03 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Fortunately, Jeremy can see invisible things since his new body can measure air density as well and transmit it to a visual thing. Unfortunately for him, and the people he works for at the moment, he doesn't know he can do this, so he just assumes it's a visual thing.

Jeremy takes aim with his rifle, not at a worker, as he knows some people are just doing their job, but just at the shield in general before firing a round at it, testing it.

Most people nearby will hear a loud Kra-Koom! of the rifle even as he works the bolt to load in a new round, getting ready for retaliation.

13. - Top - End - #73

Alrighty then. The bullet ricochets off the shield, not even causing a ripple in the defensive bubble, the shield flickering into normal view for a moment before returning to invisibility. Well, for everyone but Jeremy.

Meanwhile, some of the workers run for cover, yelling to eachother about gunfire. A couple henchmen grab submachine guns and scan the slope of the mountain, looking for the origin of the shot.

Jeremy might want to hide again, as an alarm is going off.

Meanwhile, a signal is sent to Jack Empty by the shielding device, informing him of a projectile hitting the force field.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-07-18 at 12:27 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

They will probably see a small cloud of dust rising from some point from the overpressure of the shot. Jeremy begins to crawl backwards, moving away from the spot and clicks on a stopwatch, testing the response time of the guards and other security measures.

As he moves slowly, trying not to attract too much attention to his person and slides the rifle back onto his back to let him move easier.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff clenches his teeth. Can't hurt, can it? He snaps his fingers, and where he was standing a moment before, the only visible thing is his hat, now lying on the floor. The hat skitters around in circles briefly, before scooting out of the base and towards the origin of the shot.

16. - Top - End - #76

In about a minute, the turrets atop the base are manned, and a couple more men with guns approach the edge of the force bubble.

Suddenly, the shield disappears. Seems Jack called in a temporary shutdown so the henchmen could investigate whatever's going on.

The turrets are still looking around, but the henchmen are moving cautiously down the mountain, and it seems they may have spotted Jeremy.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeremy is a good way away from his spot by this time, but mentally curses himself as he sees the hat and men draw closer. He does however, keep in mind to stop the clock in his pocket. He'll be hard to see with his silver-gray skin and dirty clothing, letting him blend into the volcanic landscape easily.

He reaches into a pocket slowly as he continues to make his way out of the area and pulls out a grenade. He pulls the pin and tosses it to the side about 50 feet upwind, keeping his movements to a minimum.

Hopefully the smoke that begins to pour out of it will distract them and will cover his escape when it finally reaches him.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff will suddenly burst from the hat. Holding his breath for a moment, he withdraws a battered harmonica from a pocket, puffs a few notes, and replaces it. He then withdraws a butterfly knife, and tosses it high over his shoulder. Jeremy will find the knife inexplicably headded towards his face, point down. The Moff seems to have no idea where Jeremy is, but he watches the falling knife with interest.

19. - Top - End - #79

Gotta love luck magic.

In any case, the henchies are distracted by the grenade, but they're rather spread around. They keep searching for Jeremy anyway. They still haven't confirmed his position.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-07-18 at 01:04 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Jeremy sees the knife, and figuring his position is betrayed, rolls to the side and to his feet. On his way up, he will attempt to reach out and catch the knife with his left hand. With his right, he removes Affidavit's modified pistol and fires off a shot. His arm barely moves as the hypersonic round is fired, the gun recoiless to his stronger body. He aimed for Moff's stomach, just to wound, not to kill.

He is still likely hard to see as his entire attire blends into the background.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Banned

((Uhhh... stomach wounds are pretty lethal, I thought >.>))

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

((That they are, that they are...))

Luckily for The Moff, he stumbles over a rock at the moment the pistol fires. The shot misses the stomach, but The Moff is seriously injured nonetheless. Unfortunately for all of you, ALL OF YOU, it's not fatal, for now.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

(Gut shots aren't instantly lethal. )

Once Moff is down, Jeremy pockets the knife (if that's allowable) and drops another smoke grenade, using the cover it gives to sneak quickly out of AMEN.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

((He can go ahead and pocket the knife. It shouldn't be anything more than a regular butterfly knife for him, though. I think. Ask Murkus.))

Clutching his side and rolling his eyes, The Moff weezes on his harmonica, once. The melody that comes out is far more powerful than logic would dictate. As Jeremy moves, he will find rocks and sticks constantly in his path, making it nearly impossible to move silently. If Jeremey removes the knife from his pocket, his path will begin to clear, and if he drops it, it will return to normal.
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2010-07-18 at 03:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately, Jeremy won't be able to connect the two dots and figures that the things blocking his way are just a result of the harmonica being magical. He makes a mental note of that and simply begins picking up his pace, skipping, jumping, tumbling and rolling from rock to rock or over objects.

He makes his way and leaves AMEN.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

As Jeremy is (I believe) being less careful about being spotted, The Moff shouts to the henchmen, Well? Get him!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

He's already left by this time, and if they attempt to follow his tracks, will find the tire tracks of a truck headed towards Inside, a cloud of ash settling along them.

28. - Top - End - #88

The henchmen chase him, guns blazing through the forest, but give up once they find the tire tracks.

The henchmen will retreat back to the base, and a minute or two later, the shield will return to full capacity.

Also, one of the henchmen attempts to drag the Moff inside and give him some medical attention. Before the shield raises, of course.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-07-18 at 04:17 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Within a few hours and a healing potion (there's got to be at least one healing potion lying around the base, right?) The Moff is up and active. And very angry. Withdrawing an MP7 and an unidentifiable rifle from AMEN's armory, The Moff stalks out of the base.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

Vartan leads his small group of slaves up toward the AMEN base, his minions putting in a boot here and a lash there.