New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19406:

So apparently she's not dying unless Jiaan kills her, but she is crippled.

It's not unusual to have to read what Kern writes in the forum to be able to know what he wants the readers to understand. I recommend doing that.
    Latest page made me think Snadya is a demon that can reanimate and healed her body after it died (white eyes in first panel)

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Latest page made me think Snadya is a demon that can reanimate and healed her body after it died (white eyes in first panel)
    Please don't take this wrong, but is there a reason we should care whether that's true or not? It seems to me that Snady is either a cunning evil drow who merged with a demon in order to gain advanced demonic abilities or is a cunning evil demon who is using a drow's body. I don't see why the distinction would matter, unless you just want to classify her for academic reasons or something. The greenie cameo person declared her dead, which somewhat supports her being dead at that moment, but maybe she can demonically control her body well enough to fake death.

My take is that she is, and already was, a Ver'drowendar, which I understand to be a drow/demon hybrid that has the Drow's personality in control. But anyway, to me, the potentially interesting thing is that it probably wouldn't matter, assuming her personality continues. Snad would still be Snad, whether she's a demon now or not and whether she already was a demon or not.

ADDED: One thing that might be kind of interesting was if the demon took over, but had a similar personality to Snady. In that case, her behavior might be different, but not that different. It might make for some interesting interactions. I can't imagine Kern pulling that off, though, and there isn't enough time left before the next timeskip for much of that, anyway.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-03-06 at 12:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Firbolg in the Playground

When Sillice's daughter died in the turtle, they noticed it because she wasn't breathing any more. It could be that the Nal'sarkoth saw that she wasn't breathing (more or less intentionally), and assumed that she was dead.
    Also, the new page really took me by surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

4. - Top - End - #1294

Btw, there's being a server change for the comic, which currently means diminished bandwidth and possible rss problems.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    When Sillice's daughter died in the turtle, they noticed it because she wasn't breathing any more. It could be that the Nal'sarkoth saw that she wasn't breathing (more or less intentionally), and assumed that she was dead.
    Also, the new page really took me by surprise.
    The way Kern drew it, it looked like he was checking her carotid artery for a pulse. You really should use your fingertips, not your thumb, but I wouldn't blame Kern for drawing it the way he did.

Granted, he was wearing gloves. Maybe those are very sensitive gloves?

As far as the new page goes, I'm impressed that Kern advanced the plot. I'm not particularly surprised by what surprised you, though.

Now I'm off to count days.

And yes, the page didn't show up in the RSS feed.

Oh, whoops. There was a surprise in Kern's comment about the page, though. I should have followed my own advice and read what Kern wrote. It was in the amount of time required. And even that wasn't that much of a surprise. Back when Crystel talked to Zhor:

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    That's a nice leap of logic on Crystel's part. Kern's comment for the page makes it sound like she's correct, though.

Zhor [said] that the Jaals were working to make more of the antidote. I hope that is explained better rather than just being left as a big plot hole. It's possible that Zhor misunderstood something, but I rather doubt it. You would think that if Snady wanted them to make more antidote for her side to use, she would have provided a starting sample, so it would seem unlikely that she's planning on taking all the production, but why would she let them make more antidote without taking all of it? It's possible that she just hadn't gotten around to giving them a sample yet, I suppose, or maybe she hadn't realized that it might be possible. It didn't seem as if there had been an attempt to spread the infections widely throughout the Sharen or Sharg sides. If that had been the case, I could see Snady deciding to allow her Jaal allies to make just a few copies, which could create conflicts over who got the cures. Since the infections didn't seem to be spread widely, that's probably not the plan, though. Anyway, it would be nice if Kern explained this.
    Anyway, I've been hoping that there was more to this than what Zhor said.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-03-06 at 07:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1296

Such a lovely family reunion! Zala is actually surprised because they normally only see each other for Christmas, and she's wondering how long she's been ill exactly.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19411:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kern
    Snad got waist and neck brace . Plus the wheelchair(She and zhor can now race, woo).
    Well, apparently Zhor didn't get tossed out of his wheelchair after what he did. I wonder where he and Mel are now.

Page 255:
    Zala: "So it passed, I'm finally free from this...this poison?"
    Wi'am: "For now. We will need to keep you under supervision for a while."

Is anyone going to actually die eventually? I'm not normally this impatient to see deaths, but this has been dragging on for a while.

Another thing I wouldn't normally say: It's too bad Sillice isn't around.

8. - Top - End - #1298

I do wonder where she is. She seemed to be on her way to Snadhya, but now she could not know what's happened, or be on her way to help Nishi, or have been intercepted by her son.

Also, the fact that Snadhya isn't dead means that all the tainted might manage to correctly merge, if she spits out the methods in exchange of help. Diva and the Vloz might otherwise find a way on their own.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I do wonder where she is. She seemed to be on her way to Snadhya, but now she could not know what's happened, or be on her way to help Nishi, or have been intercepted by her son.

Also, the fact that Snadhya isn't dead means that all the tainted might manage to correctly merge, if she spits out the methods in exchange of help. Diva and the Vloz might otherwise find a way on their own.
    You seem to already know this, but Kau was going to find her because of the Sarg coup problems. I had forgotten, but the last time we saw Sillice, she was newly tainted and going crazy crazier because of the voices of the idiotic friend demons. I think it's a couple of days since then (and Nishi's attack), though. Sillice attacked Orthorbbae on Day 10. Zala recovered on Day 13. (I'm glad the server was working while trying to find those links.)

I think that any indication that Sillice was going to get Snady just referred to the attack at Orthorbbae. Sillice wouldn't have known where else she would be. The next couple of days have been skipped, so we don't know what Sillice has been doing during them.

You're right, Snady does know how to do the merge successfully. If she could be trusted to reveal that correctly, that would be a huge help for Zala and her people. That was a good point.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-03-09 at 04:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    The *&^*%^$ isn't dead. Zala is about to get screwed in some huge fashion. And we switch over to Silice who finally is acting like the person her mother wanted her to be I think.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

There is going to be a Chapter 51? Why? I thought Chapter 50 was supposed to be the last chapter in the Moonless Age. I thought there was supposed to be a timeskip at the end of the chapter into some sort of next Age. Why would it still be called "Moonless Age" then?

Hmm, I missed the March 4 Cameo call for Chapters 51 and 52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kern
    Use the form below to join the events unfolding next int he story . A cameo give your character a support cast or background cast speaking role in chapter 52 and the possibility of being in chapter 51. 51 will focus on an interlude, a peaceful time that’ll take place during the time jump to come, leaving little place for support characters. While 52 will bring back the usual chaos , conflict, and opportunities to trip down staircases. Some cameos will get greater screentime than others. Some could show for a page, some could show for a dozen pages. This is not a factor you can control, it’ll depend on wheter your character can fill a niche in a script you cannot read and so its a matter of luck. But, having a concept art will greatly increase your chance of having a relevent character as this allow me to study your character for a solid 5 hours. Nothing better than that to start thinking on where he or she would fit…

The roles available are:
    -Machike’s defenders. Mostly sarghress but unique to this arc: you may submit a character from another clan to this faction if the character intended to leave Chel’s problems and his or her former clan. By selecting this path you are locking your character to this faction for the chapters to follow. If you choose a foreign power’s clan. Such as Balvh, Jieyen, Illhardro, Kavahini then a justification need to be provided.
    -Colonists. These can be from any colony as long as they are willing to rise arms against a foreign threat (Can be black sun)
    -Nids. Feldians and former misfits who found their place under Snadhya.
    -Alliance’s warriors. Any clans. Including sarghress.
    -Researchers and scholars unnaffiliated with any conflicts.
    -Mimians owls
    So there still will be an alliance, which will include Sargs. It even seems as if Black Suns will be fighting on the same side as the alliance against a foreign threat. Snad's plot will apparently be over.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The *&^*%^$ isn't dead. Zala is about to get screwed in some huge fashion. And we switch over to Silice who finally is acting like the person her mother wanted her to be I think.
    Spoiler: Are you kidding, Kern?
    Show
    The new page seems to be foreshadowing Sillice joining Zala and Snad! That's too much for my suspension of disbelief.

If true, though, you're probably wrong about Zala getting screwed. Sillice would enforce Snad's promises. We won't get to see any of that this chapter, though. In a much earlier comment that I just happened to find, Kern said that there would be one more page with Sillice. Apparently, he meant the current page, so it will just end like this.

Added: And the latest cameo call makes it seem as though Snad will abandon her former allies (or won't be around to help them, at least). Zala won't be screwed then, at least not anytime soon.

Oh, BTW, there should only be 10 more pages left in Chapter 50.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-03-10 at 10:36 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: Last Page of Chapter
    Show
    Well, Quain is now official dead and Ariel is now head of the Clan. Diva, you better get to Ariel quick. She could REALLY use some help.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2017-03-15 at 09:24 AM.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

So many plot threads are just left dangling...

At least I knew to expect it this time.

14. - Top - End - #1304

And we're back.

There's something I have been thinking about recently: Kern's drow seem to have no problems with daylight. They actually are very much diurnal, sleeping at night and moving during the day while on the surface. Light drows are (were?) supposed to be less capable of night sight than dark drows.
    I think that making drows unable to move easily in daylight would have been a good idea. It would have added a layer of difficulty to Ariel's journey, and also made the highland raiders more interesting, at least to me. It would also be a good explanation for why such little numbers have left Chel for the surface, since younger people need only small groups to survive.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I became mad for this session.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

While the drow have been underground for a thousand years or so they are actually from the desert areas of the planet. So I think it likely that some of their ability to handle daylight was still there or could be "reactivated" when exposed to the surface for a little while.

The reason that few have left Chel is mostly cultural I think. That and demons had taken over most of the planet. That's a fear it's hard to get away from.

I will say the title page for this chapter was great. Now we just need a certain embri warrior to be around to teach these kids how to raise a family.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2017-03-23 at 06:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1307

I like how the Nal is all being "I'm smart I'm smart" talking about Snadhya with someone who is hundreds of years older, has received a princely education, and has known Snadhya all of her life as her sister.

I'm a bit surprised she didn't say something in the lines of "Tell her I have a rock with her name carved on it".

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I like how the Nal is all being "I'm smart I'm smart" talking about Snadhya with someone who is hundreds of years older, has received a princely education, and has known Snadhya all of her life as her sister.

I'm a bit surprised she didn't say something in the lines of "Tell her I have a rock with her name carved on it".
    I can't blame her, though. All Nishi can say is Snady will try to double-cross you, which she said she has already figured out. Nishi doesn't know the specifics any better than the greenie does, so really Nishi has nothing to tell her.

Both of them are very ignorant about Snady's current condition and how desperate she is. They think that Nishi is going to be sold off to the highest bidder, presumably Snady, like a slave would be. Nishi no doubt expects she might be forcibly turned into some sort of puppet, or perhaps suffer some other fate worse than death or if she's lucky she might be executed publicly, perhaps, like what happened to the Sargs that were caught. As far as Nishi knows, she is hardly in a position to say, "Tell her I have a rock with her name carved on it!" She can't know that Snady would probably try to earn goodwill by not doing those horrible things.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-03-29 at 05:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1309

Sorry Mikilu, you just missed a very good job opening! :P

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Sorry Mikilu, you just missed a very good job opening! :P
    Well, if she had gotten the job, she would have eliminated the need for the job Very quickly. (By eliminating the person she was supposed to guard.)

21. - Top - End - #1311

I am sorry that the Dutanvir arch was focused on Kyorl inner politics instead. Sker was a fascinating character, and his death felt randomly thrown in - I actually didn't even understand it was his death scene. Minka is very easy to sympathize with: a noble warrior whose house and family were destroyed, and who was a gladiator slave for fifteen years, and yet retained enough will, courage and hope to even challenge his owner, ignoring the match to throw a sword at her is someone you want to see succeed. But, instead of centering on him, the bonfire on which he was being burned became a plot device to save the seers. I think there was a general mix up in what to highlight.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Really Ash, I mean REALLY? I hoped that we would see Naal and Diva. :(

23. - Top - End - #1313

Griffon

Yeah Ash, really? Flirting with your dead lover's son not long after her death? And wasn't Kel'noz together with one of Ash's daughters (at least at some point)? Not that I really expect her to care, but still, really?
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

24. - Top - End - #1314

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I hoped that we would see Naal and Diva. :(
    I expected to see Kiel's pants fall on Sillice's head.

Ash is coming through as seriously creepy. But I guess that there's a reason why it seemed like all Sullisin were supposed to be crazy or bathe in debauchery, even by drow standards.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I expected to see Kiel's pants fall on Sillice's head.
    I'm pretty sure that Kau dragged Sillice out of there, unfortunately for that thought.

I thought that Ash'waren's recent erratic behavior was because of some flower poison and she even had a daughter who wanted to poison her, but I guess it was just "normal" behavior for her.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-04-13 at 06:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1316

And there he is. I wonder if he likes the snow.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Well, he's probably in the correct position for making snow angels now. Hopefully the golem is deep enough in the snow to not fall over on top of him.

28. - Top - End - #1318

Well, Drowtales now has a bad comic wiki review.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I took a quick glance at that "review" and half the complaints the reviewer are the result of the person not understanding the situation or frankly not bothering to put his brain in any other gear other than "I'm going to be critical". One complaint I thought was utterly stupid was mentioning that Ariel could suddenly learn languages. She has never done that. She spoke a the language of the Black Sun at one point after the time skip. The reviewer ignored that Ariel had been under the tutelage of Diva for years and Diva almost certainly did know how to speak Black Sun and would have taught it to Ariel. Another complaint was Ariel absorbing magical weapons. Bull Cookies. Ariel can absorb biological constructs (And this totaly fits in with the known powerset). This is of rather limited use since these are rather rare being used as weapons. I am not saying that Drowtales isn't without it's faults. But that review was no review.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ah, and we have a cuteness overload in Drowtales.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ariel finally meets Vaelia again after so long. We have three babies (Pup, Octobear, Esuni) AND a faerie.