New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

The entire plan was kind of stupid. Didn't they have a pretty good clue that the Sarghress Legion was allied with Felde? They are lucky there was any friendly fire at all. They would have needed the empaths for it to have any chance of working, and their talents have been pretty much wasted this battle.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think you missed that the Sang, leader of the rebels, is known to hate the Sharen to a near insane degree ever since they cut off her limbs. There is no reason to think that she would ally with Felde since it's run by Snads, who is a Sharen.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #1383

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I think you missed that the Sang, leader of the rebels, is known to hate the Sharen to a near insane degree ever since they cut off her limbs. There is no reason to think that she would ally with Felde since it's run by Snads, who is a Sharen.
    Didn't they learn in the first place that the Legion is hunting them down for not cooperating with the Felde conference?

Also, Snad doesn't exactly present herself as a loyal member of Sharen.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Didn't they learn in the first place that the Legion is hunting them down for not cooperating with the Felde conference?

Also, Snad doesn't exactly present herself as a loyal member of Sharen.
    Considering how Sang hated that the Sagress was part of the Alliance (because it contained Sharen) earlier it's a total 180 to be working with the Alliance (led by a Sharen). Also Ariel and company were only warned Sang was coming for them, not that they where doing it as a part of the Alliance (unless my memory is wrong).
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

5. - Top - End - #1385

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Considering how Sang hated that the Sagress was part of the Alliance (because it contained Sharen) earlier it's a total 180 to be working with the Alliance (led by a Sharen). Also Ariel and company were only warned Sang was coming for them, not that they where doing it as a part of the Alliance (unless my memory is wrong).
    http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=12032
    A legion of Sarghress was ordered to secure this whole area when we failed to pacify you.
    I can't remember any actual reference to Sang, we just saw her leading the troops when she attacked the Kyorl colony.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ok, we have an eye demon like Naal on the scene. This is the 3rd one so far in the story, but the possibility that this is not a new demon shouldn't be ignored. The demon is just looking around and sees Kel. Might that be a clue? Something is going to have to save the majority of the main characters, because they are loosing. So why not Lael? (Or demon Lael)? (Be surprised if it was Lael though).

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

But, I thought Sang and Koil were friends?

Admittedly, that doesn't historically mean much in Chel. Also, guess she didn't specifically say that Koil's death would have been her doing.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

8. - Top - End - #1388

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    But, I thought Sang and Koil were friends?
    Before Quain'tana started dying, she acted like a friend with Ariel too. Unlike Suu'be, she probably had the sense to keep her ambitions quiet until she was ready to strike.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

If this is really Sang. Snads has created summons that pass for the real people before. I'm hoping Ariel will drop down from the sky above and land right on Sang (resulting in a very broken neck). Don't think it will happen though. And we haven't seen the eye demon around. So what is he/she/it doing?

10. - Top - End - #1390

RedWizardGuy

The weirdest part about this is how Sang is approaching the situation.

She is just taking Snad's word that Machike is a traitor to the Alliance without making the slightest effort to check for herself?

Obviously it won't matter to her whether or not Ariel did anything wrong if she just wants to seize power, but you would think she would want to avoid wasting Sarghress troops and at least try to communicate and formally arrest Ariel for insubordination or something. Instead, she's treating the Machike Sarghress like a full fledged enemy clan.

11. - Top - End - #1391

My question is: if Sang is campaigning on the surface, her son is with her, Koil is dead, Quill is up there, and house Tion is with Ariel, who is ruling the Sargh in Chel? I would be very surprised, if the clan had not imploded while she was away. The only commander left, as far as I can remember, is the gray lady of the sealer corps.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

A good question may be if there is anything left of the Clan in Chel in any way. I remember a fan theory from the Drowtales forums that Ariel would go to the surface and lead the fae to live there in relative peace. Chel would turn into a demon infested hell full of evil drow. Kinda like what it is in D&D. Now everyone down there isn't lost yet. Kiel and Diva are still in Chel (as far was we know) and who knows what those two have been up to. Other than raising total hell with Snad's plans of course.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

OH &$%!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Someone REALLY wanted to do a zombie apocalypse I see. And this is a demonic zombie apocalypse. So what kind of demons are these. No seeing any obvious flesh warping as with most demons. Could these be the demon nurses?

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: As a lot of people were expecting
    Show

HELOOOO NURSE!

Looks like the Nurse "Demons" merged with the dying owls tossed into the lake. And they seem more than a little angry at the moment. It's interesting that the line is "WE can still fight". Not "I can still fight". This may mean the nurses didn't do a standard demonic possession and the Owl's are still alive in some way. Hmm. The chapter's name is "Unity". Maybe the name isn't about the Shargs?

15. - Top - End - #1395

I keep rereading the first two panels, and I can't stop laughing. Beware the punch of freedom!
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I keep rereading the first two panels, and I can't stop laughing. Beware the punch of freedom!
    Yeah, have to admit there is more than a little bit of hypocrisy there. As I expected though when I saw Faen's expression on the page before, Banana is playing with fire (more a active psychic bomb) and Faen was going to break her. I think Banana might be to dumb to live as Faen already destroyed her in a mental fight once already. And I bet Faen is better in a physical fight as well due to all her training with the Shagress.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well the ship went BooM! (Farewell Mistwhale ) and a HUGE amount of demons came through the Gate. Hopefully Sang is dead now though. What bothers me though is the demons are running away as fast as they can from the gate and not stopping to feed. What are they running from?

New Page
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nuts, Sang is still alive and Kel is on the ropes. If he was healthy this would not be a fight, but with all his injuries...
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2018-11-11 at 03:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Kel is a much better strategist than Sang by far.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sang is going to be munched on by a whole bunch of demons. And she deserves all of it. Kel may still die though. If anyone wonders why Kel wasn't cut in half it's because the demons ate the mana that kept the metal in once piece.

19. - Top - End - #1399

Griffon

I really hope Kel lives.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I really hope Kel lives.
    Yes, I do as well. But they have been hanging "I'm going to die soon." signs all over him for awhile now. Of course that could just be a distraction.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Sang has let her blind hatred eat her up that she sided with the very Vals she hated and now it has led her to being literally being eaten by a demon. And I think Kel is going to live through this.

22. - Top - End - #1402

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    If Mablevi wanted to kill Kel'noz, he could have done a lot more damage than a punch to the face. But if he wants to capture Kel'noz, then why punch him at all? The dude is barely standing. Does he harbor some sort of grudge?
    Last edited by JavaScribe; 2018-11-25 at 01:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think he was just making sure Kel was down. After all Kel had been barely on his feet before this and he still beat Sang. As for tying up Ariel (even her hair) they really don't have a clue what she can do, do them? She could slip those bond in an instant if she wanted. The only way to confine Ariel is to lock her up in a place where the lock itself is way out of reach. And even then it may not work.

Well, next stop Chel and clues point to it being a LOT worse than Felde is even after all this has happened.

24. - Top - End - #1404

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Mablevi wanted to kill Kel'noz, he could have done a lot more damage than a punch to the face. But if he wants to capture Kel'noz, then why punch him at all? The dude is barely standing. Does he harbor some sort of grudge?
    Why, punching people is how they express themselves!

Mablevi's reasons will probably never be explained, especially since, if I recall correctly, he is only present because a reader paid for him to be there. It's possible that he simply didn't want to risk some other odd trick from Kel, and also saw no reason to kill him, since Sang was lost.

I'm happy that we're getting back to Chel, and also relieved to see what this whole carousel was about. There definitely is potential for something interesting.

25. - Top - End - #1405

RedWizardGuy

This entire arc has been kind of weird, and I'm kind of surprised that they accepted Ariel's surrender. If they wanted anything other than a complete purge of Ariel's loyalists, they probably could have gotten it by negotiating and skipped this entire battle.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think Sang was using Ariel and company (or that attack on) as a method of keeping the Clan together since there are no other leaders and the Clan is falling apart. But being a (&%% instead of actually even TRYING to talk she just attacked like a hate filled fool. So that leaves Ariel (with backup from Kel) as the only leaders the Clan have left. I think the end of this page is a metaphor for what is happening. This might be Ariel's moment to shine in a way. I do what to know what is going on with the Demon Nurse Owls though.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

From the Epilogue the Demon Nurse Owls are trying to figure out who they are which is sad. The characters that hit top marks for being good in Drowtales are demons.

And we have the first page of the new chapter Home. And it starts off with
    Spoiler
    Show
    A glowing hand playing rock paper scissors. Odd. From the color of the voice the other player is Kiel. Ok, that's typical of her. And the hand belongs to the great big DEMON that used to be Laele. Oh, yeah. Laele keeps on winning and is really enjoying herself. The Vloz seem to have taken over the Orthotbbae (Their flag over the door) but there is also a Sharen flag just outside as well. A lot of questions on this page.

28. - Top - End - #1408

Griffon

Demon attack!

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I wonder if we might be seeing why Kiel and company can hold the school. Laele is a greater demon and can't be locked up and she seems to eat lesser demons she considers hostile. Good chance whoever is playing games has bitten off a lot more than they can chew. Still can't figure out why Laele has made her home in the school though. Kiel's doing in some way?

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Demon attack!
    No, It's a Bowser Attack!