New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

How on the earth is Bae wandering around??!! Don't they all know how dangerous she is?? Seriously, she should be under a heavy guard, of people that can resist her manipulation. Geez.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    How on the earth is Bae wandering around??!! Don't they all know how dangerous she is?? Seriously, she should be under a heavy guard, of people that can resist her manipulation. Geez.
    They couldn't explain why, but everyone has a strong gut feeling that she's not really a threat and they should just let her do whatever she wants.

What's even stranger to me is that Kern, in his comment for the page, assumed that all readers would automatically believe what Bae is saying! He thinks that we think she is such a goody two-shoes that she wouldn't tell any lies!?! His comment was a spoiler to me, but he assumed Bae had already given the information away. I don't really care, but still...

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

He put a call up for cameo's a while ago that specifically asked for Sharg characters that would be out to kill the main cast. So yeah, most of the readers should know.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

4. - Top - End - #1354

"And now, for something completely different!"

I like the change in setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

This is a short light and fuzzy chapter. Which means that the next will be brutal. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. And if Shan can take the stress.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #1356

Oh thank Lolth, maybe something will happen (probably not, but still...).
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

You really know how to photobomb, don't you Ariel?

8. - Top - End - #1358

Why the empath is siding with them is incomprehensible to me. She isn't even a cameo.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Faen BROKE Banana big time. In fact it was the kind of break that attacks person's worldview. Then Ash (who Banana had thought she had killed) comes up and talks to her which probably finished the job of breaking her worldview. And let's not forget that she "helped" Snads loose control of her superweapon and Snads is going to want her dead (if not worse). Lastly one of Ariel's greatest assets is the fact she can turn former enemies to her side. So yeah, I can see her jumping ship.

10. - Top - End - #1360

Griffon

Also, I think there's a blade aimed at her back on the latest page.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Also, I think there's a blade aimed at her back on the latest page.
    That's probably the best explanation (and the only one the comic has shown until now).

It's nice to see Tralyn again. I hope he has a role. I believe he was the only clanless teacher in Ortho, which made him quite interesting.

12. - Top - End - #1362

So, I was looking back, and I saw this: http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=11365

I wonder if Sabrror or his demon turned into the same thing as Naal's demon.

The last two pages were quite interesting. It's nice to see established characters try to kill each other.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, I don't think there is a "try" here. What I want to see though is Ariel getting off her butt and start killing people. She needs to establish that she is one of the meanest things around. I mean she was taught by Kel AND Diva, she SHOULD be one of the meanest thing around in a fight even lacking the raw power of some of the other characters.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Well, I don't think there is a "try" here. What I want to see though is Ariel getting off her butt and start killing people. She needs to establish that she is one of the meanest things around. I mean she was taught by Kel AND Diva, she SHOULD be one of the meanest thing around in a fight even lacking the raw power of some of the other characters.
    Those two were more politicians than fighters. Her grandma Quaintana was a fighter but her mother was a pacifist.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Those two were more politicians than fighters. Her grandma Quaintana was a fighter but her mother was a pacifist.
    Kel how shown himself to be very good in a fight and in thinking very strategically. Diva is from the Moon age and is a thousand or so years old. She plays the politician but is one of the most knowledgeable mana users alive, if not the most. We have not seen her fight much, but being that old she has seen a lot and picked up a huge amount of skills. (I mean she picks locks, how did she learn that? Chapter 31, Pg 40) Also her first instinct in the Nid rebellion was to go to into the streets (to fight). That's not how a politician thinks, that how a warrior thinks. (Longest Wait PG2)

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

So I guess Ariel knows how to pick locks?

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    So I guess Ariel knows how to pick locks?
    No, she doesn't have to. She just shapeshifts her finger to open it. And that was way back when she was rescuing Faen on the surface. We really haven't seen anything that Diva should have taught Ariel yet. Do like the assault from the ship into the tower on this page. There seem to have no real defenses set up (why should they?) and are getting steamrolled by the golems.

18. - Top - End - #1368

Diva knows how to pick locks, but, last time, she picked the wrong lock, fell into a trap, and almost got Nau and Chrys killed. (ch 32, p 31)

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Diva knows how to pick locks, but, last time, she picked the wrong lock, fell into a trap, and almost got Nau and Chrys killed. (ch 32, p 31)
    Same thing would have happened if she had seen the "real" lock though. But that's missing the point. Which is that Diva has a lot of knowledge and skill she has learned.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2018-05-04 at 08:39 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

The Wolf Pack seems to be doing fairly well so far. I wonder if part of it is because they have such a mix of people from different clans with a wide set of skills. Of course having basically what amounts to power armor dropped inside the enemies defenses certainly helps. Now what is Ariel up to? She is NOT going to be sitting on the sidelines for this fight.

21. - Top - End - #1371

What can I say? This is interesting.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Tinfoil hat theory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arial said a few pages ago that she was going to use the gate against their enemies. It seems strange that Arial, one of the characters that has something like a good alignment would unleash an army of demons. Now the bad guys would and almost certainly are. But what if Ariel isn't planning to use the gate to unleash demons, but in another way? Maybe something that attracts or even vacuums up demons? I could be wrong of course.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ok, nomnomnom.

Spoiler
    Show
    "All the demons I summoned are getting eaten up! I need to make the gate bigger and summon MORE demons!" Said no person with any common sense or even sanity left.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Griffon

*clap clap* Well done, Nehleanee, well done...

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think that comes under the heading "Oh &*^%#$@!"

Spoiler
    Show
    What I have not seen mentioned on the Drowtales forums is that this entity has human style ears. Also the body has the blue color that you see with the Forum Avatars, not the solid red of demons. Well other than the eye that is. But the single sys thing is something that Naal had before getting attached to a body and the same with the Laele'aell entity. Neither was standard demons.

26. - Top - End - #1376

Did Snadya install massive anti-demon countermeasures without informing her people, or do the nurse demons control that thing, and therefore target Nehlanee as hostile?

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

The nurse demons certainly have something to do with it. It might be some kind of creation of theirs since when it first comes out of the water it looks likes it's pulling itself together/being created. I thinks Sands has no clue about this.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Griffon

Wow, that came totally out of nowhere.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah. Banana hates Ash still. What I think/hope will happen is that Fean will save Ash and turn around and knock her out cold. Ash is being a major witch here.

30. - Top - End - #1380

This is some of the worst writing in this comic. The whole yellow Sullisin thing. First she's an enemy. Then she's free for no reason. Then she's put into a key position, no reason given. Now we're told that Kel (?!) and Ariel wanted her in that position. How about showing what the hell was happening? Instead of just being "first we go here, then we go there", we could have had some actual internal conflict in the main team. We could have seen some characterization, and we could have had some information about what they were hoping for and build tension for it, since this whole raider thing is falling flat.