New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Ow, My Sanity

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Ow, My Sanity

So I started reading Ow, My Sanity, a Lovecraft-Lite webcomic, and got fairly hooked by it. However, it cuts off rather abruptly at chapter 12.

This in itself wouldn't be unusual for a webcomic, but the TV-Tropes page says it stopped at book twelve, and the archive links actually support this somewhat, listing several chapters further into book 3 (where it actually cut off) and then naming up to book 12 (but without individual chapters).

Basically, I'm wondering if there's more of the webcomic out there that I just can't find. Is it like Parallel Dementia, where the most recent site lapsed and the previous one (now the only working one) only goes so far through the comic's run? Are the others available for download somewhere rather than posted individually on the site, as the author talks about doing should he ever go back to the comic? Or did he just get over-ambitious with the search function, listing chapters and books he was planning but hadn't actually made yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Ow, My Sanity

I remember that one.
    But I've only ever read up to the hiatus message, so if there are download chapters already I unfortunately don't know where.
    Hopefully we get them one day. The story was great.

Looking at the archive I guess the author had twelve books planned and whoever wrote that tv-tropes entry got the terminology mixed up.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")