New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Today's page seems to mark an important point in Ariel's quain'tanization process.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Today's page seems to mark an important point in Ariel's quain'tanization process.
    Ariel is trying (and succeding I think) at being a Bad Ass, but I don't think it quain'tanization. Arile is doing this for her friends. People she cares for. Not to be the biggest *^%$ around (which is a huge motivating factor for Quain). The problem is going to come when Kalki doesn't agree to the trade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Im hoping Ariel is going to go One Wing Angle on Kalki at some point and kill her.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #873

Griffon

Well well... Another important decision for Ariel in such a short time.

And Kalki is definitely her mother's daughter, though admittedly a somewhat more openly insane.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Kalki is Batspit insane. I hope Ariel had a Plan B and Plan C made up. Will say Ariel is very strong. She is holding the other nutter by off the ground at arms length.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: FIGHT!
    Show
    That actually went MUCH better for Ariel than I thought it would go. Make use of a meat shield (that belongs to the enemy) entangle the enemies sword arm with her hair (cool move) and land a good blow. That "crack" sound would indicate that she broke bone with that hit. (As I said Ariel is stong) I think Kalki underestimated Ariel fighting abilities (and will probably REALLY underestimate her mana arts skills. People forget that Diva was her teacher. Also Kalki's air abilities will probably be mostly useless against Ariel who has the same abilities. I'm sure Kalki (Kali?) will surive this though.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Ariel got beaten when Kalki slammed some sort of demon stuff into her head. Ouch. Snads people are retaking the airship (though it's rather damaged). Mikilu is going after Snad's personally. But first she gets the drop on Demon Lu, but spares her. How will Demon Lu react to finding out she has more or less been working for the person that nearly destroyed her Clan? Will Khales be able to control Lu now? She already has had a lot of problems. And where are the other two Sharen sisters? I would think they would be rather close to Mikilu.

7. - Top - End - #877

Well, that was bloody unexpected.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

8. - Top - End - #878
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, that was bloody unexpected.
    It really was, I expected her to be smug and untouchable for a while longer.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

It was just bloody actually.

Spoiler
    Show
    Poor Lu. In the end she DID prove who ruled, but she is almost certainly dead. What about Khalas though? Don't think Snads will die here (darn!). But if you know where to stick a knife you can kill a person. And the it looks like Snads got shanked REAL GOOD! Arial is starting to move again and is untainted so far.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm happy that at least someone actually hurt her.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm happy that at least someone actually hurt her.
    Spoiler: Looking behind
    Show
    If you look in the background of the panel where Snads gets stabbed, does it look like the Summons is falling apart? If enough damage was done, might she loose control of the Summons?

12. - Top - End - #882

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler: Looking behind
    Show
    If you look in the background of the panel where Snads gets stabbed, does it look like the Summons is falling apart? If enough damage was done, might she loose control of the Summons?
    That's what it looks like to me.

13. - Top - End - #883

And now we're gonna see what happens when a swirly-eyed tainted gets hurt.

And how nether-saturated things are gonna get.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it looks like Ariel found a way to get an arm. What goes around, comes around.

15. - Top - End - #885

Snadhya smash!

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Now we might see what Snads really is. I wonder if she is even a drow anymore or a demon. I think that blade in the back cause a lot more damage than we see. Notice how Snads is shaking. Looks like Lu is bleeding out in that one panel. So much blood. Hope she was able to take Khalass with her.

17. - Top - End - #887

Griffon

Heh, everything is not so amusing now, Snads?

18. - Top - End - #888

Was anyone else reminded of this by today's comic?

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Was anyone else reminded of this by today's comic?
    Snads is WAY crazier than that though.

Spoiler: Nuts
    Show
    Lu didn't get Khalass. Well there was only a small chance anyway. Snads still has the knife in her back though. Hope someone pulls it out for her real soon. She will bleed a lot more that way.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Well looks like everyone is together now (finally). Team Tainted and Team Ariel unite! (On a big turtle nonetheless!)
    I wonder if the Kyrols are there too. If so I sense a coming Kiel vs Chiri confrontation.

Chiri: You killed my mother!
    Kiel: Yeah, whatever!

21. - Top - End - #891

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    Well looks like everyone is together now (finally). Team Tainted and Team Ariel unite! (On a big turtle nonetheless!)
    I wonder if the Kyrols are there too. If so I sense a coming Kiel vs Chiri confrontation.

Chiri: You killed my mother!
    Kiel: Yeah, whatever!

I don't think Chiri believes Kiel killed Shimi.

Not that they would need a reason to fight though.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I wonder though. When Team Tainted learns what Ariel did to get an arm, what will their reaction be? Will they be as freaked out at Ariel as most of Team Ariel is at the prospect of of being tainted? (Would serve them right )

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

End of Chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Holey Snail Snot! Snads just told Kalki she was just a tool and KILLED her without any sort of remorse. Not that I mind Kalki bitting it, but Snads is going to go down as one of the most EVIL villians out there. She is a Complete Monster. Kilki's death does not make up for Shala dying though.

24. - Top - End - #894

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Did not expect that! I thought Snads would just, uh ground* her or something. I agree, I'm not sorry to see Kalki bite the dust (I was actually disappointed when Ariel didn't finish her off. Seriously, WHY?!!), but that (again) reminds us how horrible Snads really is. I wonder what she truly thinks of Mel..

And is Kalki Snads only child btw? We haven't seen any others, but it seems odd she wouldn't have 'ordered' more from the Jaal.

*The awful airship pun is not intentional.

And yeah, I'm sad too that Shala's gone. She (and Kau) were fun characters.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well started a new chapter and the cover for it is creepy as all heck. Team Tainted and Team Ariel are getting along rather well (surprise!). And then Kharla decides to keel over while driving the Turtle.

26. - Top - End - #896

I'm surprised Chiri and Shan have said so little about tainted up until now, though it's probably because they don't want to get kicked off the turtle. Wonder what's their opinion on this 'evolved' taint?

Also, Faen is surprisingly unreactive towards being so close to Kharla and the friend demons; has she gotten over her fear?

27. - Top - End - #897
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    I'm surprised Chiri and Shan have said so little about tainted up until now, though it's probably because they don't want to get kicked off the turtle. Wonder what's their opinion on this 'evolved' taint?

Also, Faen is surprisingly unreactive towards being so close to Kharla and the friend demons; has she gotten over her fear?
    Well, Chiri and Shan are a lot more open minded than most of their people (and they have working brains). As for Faen, she probably has gotten over her fear to some extent, but also she tended to fear demons more than the tainted.

28. - Top - End - #898

I just finished re-reading this, and I have a few questions. And forgive me for misspelling all of the complicated names.

1) How did Snadyn manage to talk her sisters into overthrowing dear old mom. I mean, Swarti i suppose wanted power, but Zalas doesn't seem to benefit. I mean, this is a bit of a side effect of the fact that we haven't seen their childhood
    2) If Diva was so anti tainting and anit Nether arts, how was Snadyn able to talk her sisters into accepting the tainting. From what we see in the prologue, none of Sharen forces seem to be like "hey we are fighting a Ver'Drowendar army, isn't it a bit weird that a large chunk of the Sharen forces are lead by tainted." And wouldn't more sharen be like "hey we just defeated Nether forces, why are we all getting tainted again?"

I'm a big confused on how the events leading up to the revolution really happen.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Snads is a monster who convinced her two sisters that tainting was safe and that being tainted would hep with thier agendas. (She LIED!) Swarti was bent on preserving Sharen power and thought that Diva wasn't maintaing the status quo well enough. Zala wanted Diva out of the way so she could eventually take power. Of course they were set up by Snads who is out to remake the world with her on top.

Diva at the end had ruled for hundreds of years and was beyond being burned out. She would have stepped down a long time ago except that none of her kids would be a good ruler and preserve the elves. Unlike just about every other ruler in this story she didn't WANT power and only rules because Shares told her to rule. Imagine doing a job for centuries that you really don't like. Also to be Empress Diva put on a "mask of rulership". She acted in a way that wasn't the real her. Lastly and the thing that led most to her downfall was that Diva loved her children. Honestly loved them. And she let things go on for to long shen when should have stopped them. The Diva we see now as Ariel's teacher is much more her real personality. She's not bothered by not being Empress. And only irritated her mana level is so low. She much happier being a teacher. If you haven't read it yet, read "The Longest Wait."

30. - Top - End - #900

Tainting at the time was the only 'safe' way to protect against being turned into a demon.
    A random encounter with the nether would either turn you into a demon immediately, or seed you with a demon of varying strength, from no stronger than a deliberate taint, to something like Naal's glutton demon that threatened to take over at any second.
    Snadhya's 'controlled' taint allowed you(her!) to decide which kind of demon you got seeded with, so you can choose an especially weak one.
    We all know how that turned out.

During the Nidra'chaal wars, normal mana arts and golems were almost completely ineffective against the nether arts, and untainted warriors exposed to the demons often became demons immediately and attacked their fellow warriors.
    The Sharen forces during the war only became tainted as part of the fighting, like Oi'loss'lin.
    After the Nidra'chaal Wars, nether arts became commonplace (V'lozress), so the only way to protect yourself and your golems from them was deliberate tainting.
    From "The Longest Wait", it also gave a significant boost in power and granted access to a whole host of nether abilities that no one untainted could defend against.
    Sealing was something only used freely by the Kyorl'solernun back then, and only taught to others by empath envoys like Chirinide.

What I want to know is
    Spoiler
    Show
    if Zala'ess's line was chosen specifically to get the 'infertility' taint, then why has Zala'ess and many of her other older children, like Saphala been popping out so many babies no problem?
    Could the infertility part come only after 30-odd years of being tainted, so up until now there was no problem for anyone, but no one from this point onwards can have kids regardless of age?
    Did Snadhya give Zala a different taint to allow her current pregnancy, or will we be seeing The Return of the Demon Baby?