New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Chapter nine will be re-done soon too, it says. It's a bit of a shame, really. The original comic was unique in a way. Everyone was cruel and evil. Chapter nine is the last chance to see the original mood of DT. It now contrasts the rest of the comic, so it needs to be changed.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

2. - Top - End - #272

Aww, poor Ariel. I think I melted at the last panel when they said she didn't look like much.

Let's keep her depressed. She's too adorable like this.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Chapter nine will be re-done soon too, it says. It's a bit of a shame, really. The original comic was unique in a way. Everyone was cruel and evil. Chapter nine is the last chance to see the original mood of DT. It now contrasts the rest of the comic, so it needs to be changed.
    Yes I agree. I don't understand why they do not put the old story as an archive somewhere. Compared to the mood in the first 9 chapters the 'modern' Drowtales world is not so harsh anymore. I bet in the coming remake they will make Sillice also nicer. However after the time jump the overall mood could get darker because it is now hinted several times that a civil war will break out.

Quote Originally Posted by onthetown View Post
    Let's keep her depressed. She's too adorable like this.
    When Ariel stays that way, Quaintana will make her life miserable. Her heir is supposed to life up to Quaintana's impossible standards. Simply put in the Sarghress Clan a depressed Ariel without confidence would not survive for long.

4. - Top - End - #274

Sillice nice? Blasphemy!
    Last edited by blackjack217; 2011-04-24 at 11:38 AM.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

not really.
    but she'll probably still be mean towards syphile.

6. - Top - End - #276

Simply put in the Sarghress Clan a depressed Ariel without confidence would not survive for long.
    At least she would die adorably.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Is anyone surprised at Quaintana's sudden, well niceness towards Ariel? Seems that Syphile struck a nerve after all! Also Ariel has learned what to say (and what not to say) in front of her 'mother'.

Well for Ariel to get any position inside the Sarghress, she obviously needs her 'mothers' approval. However how will Mel think of Ariel when Ariel is taking over the Sarghress mentality? I think Ariel and Mel will meet one more time before the timeskip.

I like Quaintanas's philosophy about that the point of the clan is the eventual rise of the commoners. It gives the Sarghress such an nice moral and ideological direction, which adds some texture to the efficient mercenary organization. No wonder that the Sarghress are rather popular with the commoners.

8. - Top - End - #278

...Ash'Waren is not going to win "Mother of the Year", is she...?
    Bad to the Bone!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a demonstration of traditional drow motherhood: Neglect and delegation. It's horrible.

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    It's a demonstration of traditional drow motherhood: Neglect and delegation. It's horrible.
    Ariel's mother is actually a very good mother considering the standards of the Drowtales world, although I guess this is only she doesn't have any spares and have become incapable of making more.

The only clan leaders ones I'd call decent mothers by our standards, is the one from the black necromancer themed clans, the red demon themed clan (former leader though, she's a doll now). Also, depending of how canon the bedtime story story is, diva's daughter who got adopted by Ariel's clan.

Also, yes, I'm terrible with the names of characters and clans in the comic.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    Also, depending of how canon the bedtime story story is, diva's daughter who got adopted by Ariel's clan.
    It's in the main archive -- the bedtime part is by the main artists, -- so why would it not be canon ?

I mean, apart from the fact that nobody would have expected to go "d'awwww" in the general vicinity of Sil'lice, ever, and that it took everyone by surprise...

Also "adopted", really ? You make it sound as though she's a puppy or something...
    Last edited by Gamall; 2011-05-13 at 05:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    The only clan leaders ones I'd call decent mothers by our standards, is the one from the black necromancer themed clans, the red demon themed clan (former leader though, she's a doll now). Also, depending of how canon the bedtime story story is, diva's daughter who got adopted by Ariel's clan.

Also, yes, I'm terrible with the names of characters and clans in the comic.
    the "black necromancer themed clan" is called Beldrobbaen and they aren't really doing any necromancy. Khal'harror just made golem out of bones.
    the "red demon themed clan" is called Vloz'ress.
    and diva's daughter is called Sil'lice.

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    It's a demonstration of traditional upper class drow motherhood: Neglect and delegation. It's horrible.
    fixed

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

She might, at least for the nobility. After all she has not tried to kill or torture Faen (yet).

I wonder what the news about Diva is. I don't think that even Ash could pick up on Diva with the small/weak aura she seems to have at the moment. (Unless Diva's aura is just spread out a much larger distance than normal) So it should be something else.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

A parade? Why do I get the feeling that Queen Purple Berry is going to make Queen Blue Berry look like an amature when it comes to causing trouble?

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    A parade?
    Ahh that explains the Sharen characters on the cover. There are members of the imperial guard. (And the ferals are then of the Sharen honor music drum team )

Surly Diva will want to see 'herself'. This will indeed be fun!

17. - Top - End - #287

You gotta love the drunken cat in panel three...

And the poor light elf slave that has to carry Ash'warens fat ***.

Only now do I notice that Quain has a wolf painted on her armour.

And that Ash'Warens eyes are a different color, just like Faen. Salan'Dara got the same thing going on.
    Last edited by Miklus; 2011-05-16 at 11:27 AM.
    Bad to the Bone!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

And the poor light elf slave that has to carry Ash'warens fat ***.
    The Sullisin'rune are so wonderfully decadent!

And that Ash'Warens eyes are a different color, just like Faen. Salan'Dara got the same thing going on.
    This seems to be a genetic trait shared by Ash'Warren and all her daughters (so far).

Also interesting is the fact that both Faen and Salan'Dara have blue hair. Ok it's really subtle with Faen. I recommend a page with more light. Makes sense since...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...Ash'Waren is a Dark elf in disguise and many direct descendents from the dark elves have natural colored hair, like Snadhya for example.

Of course I can not prove if the hair color in question is natural or colored.
    Last edited by Hamilkar; 2011-05-16 at 03:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well if you had to be a servent for Ash and she was wasted, getting drunk may be the only thing that makes her more tollerable to be around.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well into another chapter and we are following Chrystel and leaving Ariel and co. behind. I'm not sure if this is a nightmare or not. If it's real than it could be a reason for the chapter title "Beloved Enemies". As in Chrystel turning against her family (or at least the Vel'Sharen portion). Since this is the last chapter before the time jump (and a chapter remake) looks like they are going to leave threads hanging an we will learn what happened by looking at things after the time jump.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Well into another chapter and we are following Chrystel and leaving Ariel and co. behind.
    I think it's quite real. If this is a bad dream I would be disappointed.

The fact that Demon-Naal is on the cover keeps me thinking that we might see her in some way. Maybe Demon-Naal stalks the hallway? It would make no sense of course but then do demons make sense at all?

Whatever happened to that dead Drow, it got to have to do something with demons or magic. Looks like something exploded out of the stomach. Could it be? Naaaa!

Anyway its good to see Chrystal again. I like her character. Speaking of her character, a depressed Chrystel, like we see on the cover, is something we haven't seen before, haven't we? I'm not sure if that mood fits her.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Naal being on the cover is part of Chrystel remembering things and a large part of why she is depressed.

23. - Top - End - #293

YAY for more Chrys in the story!

I have talked previously about how screwed Chrys & Co really is. No wonder she is depressed. It is very hard for me to see how this could end well for her. Her best bet is probably to grab as much cash as possible and run far, far away. She will then have to hope that her taint is of the safe kind.
    Bad to the Bone!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

YAY for more Chrys in the story!

I have talked previously about how screwed Chrys & Co really is. No wonder she is depressed. It is very hard for me to see how this could end well for her. Her best bet is probably to grab as much cash as possible and run far, far away. She will then have to hope that her taint is of the safe kind.
    She does not even know there are two types of taints. And I doubt she has a safe one. I don't think Chrys will cut and run. She actually has some morals and honor. I wonder if there will be a meeting with her grandma to help set her streight?

25. - Top - End - #295

She does not even know there are two types of taints. And I doubt she has a safe one. I don't think Chrys will cut and run. She actually has some morals and honor. I wonder if there will be a meeting with her grandma to help set her streight?
    Chrys thinks "Grandma" is dead, does she not? I suppose she could run into "queen purpleberry" but is she really going to believe her story?

And what exactly IS happening here? Is the taint going rotten or what? Or is it time for the great demon fest already?
    Bad to the Bone!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I think Chrystal is acting strange in the recent page. Upon seeing her slave (?) murdered by something yet unknown (she thinks it was a demon summon?), she is going to see some Kyorl Seer. Why isn't she alerting the guards or at least warning Shinae? How can she be so sure that the unknown thing which killed the slave (?) will not harm her, Shinae or someone else? A corpse in the night can't be that common in the Sharen tower or she would have reacted differently. Kiel inside the Vlozress tower would have said "Sign, another body", but this isn't the Vlozress tower.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Chrys thinks "Grandma" is dead, does she not? I suppose she could run into "queen purpleberry" but is she really going to believe her story?
    Don't think Diva would spill the beans about her survival to Chrys unless she was very sure she could be trusted. But she could give some information and drop a few hints as well as give some good advice.

And what exactly IS happening here? Is the taint going rotten or what? Or is it time for the great demon fest already?
    I'm not sure that was a Tainted Summon. The crystal didn't have any red in it and red ussually means demon. Not sure what is going on here either.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2011-06-16 at 06:43 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Not sure what is going on here either.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! My guess is that the summon jumped out of the slave alien-style. That means no immideate danger to Chrys, but cause for concern.
    Bad to the Bone!

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    How can she be so sure that the unknown thing which killed the slave (?) will not harm her, Shinae or someone else?
    well, she looked out of the window and saw a freshly-destroyed summon. so (at least in her opinion) there's no immediate danger anymore.
    as for why she's not alerting anyone, it could be that the matter she wants to discuss with the kyorl seer is really important and/or that she doesn't want to draw any attention to herself. but i guess we'll just have to wait and see...

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

grumble grumble dang drowtails.

I dont read the thing for over three months, then read one chapter, then try to read annother just now, only to wind up at the very end.

Stupid drotwails, stop being so good!

And do they still update daily? i thought that was a thing they did. (Though how with that artwork remains a mystery)
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show