New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Well why is this thread so quietly? Nobody has something to say about the convenient arrival of Snadhya to allow Chrystel to enter?

Hey Snad, aren't you supposed to be smart? Meeting with Quaintana in her fortress and holding hands with the 'traitor daughter' like that, doesn't look smart to me. Plus she must know that Silice, who would probably like to kill her is somewhere in that fortress. Snadhya must to be confidant in her abilities then.

On a second thought, Snad might be in even more trouble, Lu is supposed to be a good spy, isn't she? And her new boyfriend Rekmar is still a guard at the Sargress fortress. I'll suppose Lu could have told him everything she knew and he in turn could told that to Quaintana. I mean that is how a spy network operates, right?

And Diva is about to meet Chrystel.... well I did see that coming didn't I?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Snad and Mel being in bed with each other is well known to Quain (and Diva). And Snad showing up is actually a smart political move as it undercuts Zala bigtime. And Snad is lying about it either. She didn't know about what Zala was up to. Of course this is working to put Mel in perfect position to stab Quain in the back when the moment is right.

Snad is (over)confident and with her demon enhanced powers she might be able to take Silice or at least thinks she can. I doubt she was worried about a fight though. Snad was only going to be there a short time.

Now we get to see how how well chibi Diva can think on her feet.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aha, Chrys meets queen blueberry. I should have seen this comming.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Snad and Mel being in bed with each other is well known to Quain (and Diva). And Snad showing up is actually a smart political move as it undercuts Zala bigtime.
    I see it differently. Even if the Mel's relationship would cause no trouble, the fact remains that the presence of one imperial daughter inside the Sarghress throne room facing Quaintana might lead to complications. Well IF Quaintana would be rational and diplomatic you would be right of course. However this is Quaintana I'm talking about and she does not have much of these qualities. Remember when Zalaess did visit Quaintana the meeting quickly deteriorated to an exchange of insults, almost it came down to bloodshed and that was before a Sharen golem attacked the fortress, which did not help to improve the Sharen/Sarghress relationships. Quaintana, whose aim in life is to crush the Sharen dominance, might get angry again and this time Snadhya is not save in her in her impregnable school with countless hostages at her side.

Bottom line what I am saying: Snadhya, for all her cleverness, might underestimate how irrational Quaintana can be, especially in front of Sharens like herself.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

But Quain sin't anywhere around the fortress right now. She should be out with Arliel for a ride and failing to avoid the one person (we know of) that could pound Snad into the ground, Ash.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    I see it differently. Even if the Mel's relationship would cause no trouble, the fact remains that the presence of one imperial daughter inside the Sarghress throne room facing Quaintana might lead to complications.
    there never was any talk of entering the throne room. she's just dropping mel off at the gate.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Aha, Chrys meets queen blueberry. I should have seen this comming.
    More than that even, as three generations of Sharen royalty are potentially about to meet. Diva, Sillice, and Chrys.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think Diva has taken a LOT of rogue skills somewhere along the line. Either that a huge amount of ninja ranks

In a way this also shows what kind of leader Diva is. She does not sit and talk or have someone else do it, she goes out and leads. Probably why she fell as well. She could no longer get out anymore to do any leading.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Lol that page made my day. Mini-Diva is a Ninjaaah and Chrys is looking priceless in the fifth panel.

But Quain sin't anywhere around the fortress right now. She should be out with Arliel for a ride and failing to avoid the one person (we know of) that could pound Snad into the ground, Ash.
    Well that could be true (Never thought about it) that chapter 31 is happening parallel or shorty after chapter 30. Well I could then argue that Snadhya doesn't know that the big alpha wolf isn't in her lair. Anyway my point was that she's taking some risk in delivering Mel personally, in front of the gates or inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Fion MacCumhail View Post
    there never was any talk of entering the throne room. she's just dropping mel off at the gate.
    I did assume that if she is coming all the way, she must have a purpose for doing that, except just to say goodbye to Mel. She could have also dropped Mel off like 500 meter in front of the fortress and then turned around, less stress for everybody (Except that Chrystel would found it more difficulty to enter, of course). We'll have to see I guess.

EDIT: Fixed some typos. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Hamilkar; 2011-07-25 at 12:51 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I did assume that if she is coming all the way, she must have a purpose for doing that, except just to say goodbye to Mel. She could have also dropped Mel off like 500 meter in front of the fortress and then turned around, less stress for everybody (Except that Chrystel would found it more difficulty to enter, of course). We'll have to see I guess.
    Come on. You don't drop your date off three block from where she (or he) lives. You get as close as you can. Also Snad needed to play politics.

11. - Top - End - #341

Come on. You don't drop your date off three block from where she (or he) lives. You get as close as you can. Also Snad needed to play politics.
    If your date's parents would literally kill you if they see you together, yes you would. In fact, it's best for both of you, as it would prevent your date being chewed out by his or her parents.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    If your date's parents would literally kill you if they see you together, yes you would. In fact, it's best for both of you, as it would prevent your date being chewed out by his or her parents.
    unless you want to show how fearless you are and your date really likes pissing off her/his parents.

13. - Top - End - #343

Iiiiinterresting chapter page...

Looks like the Sharen clan is done for? And Kiel opens the Door of Doom(tm).

Mel gets her butt kicked for being out too late with her date.

But who is that woman in the middle?
    Bad to the Bone!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

This is clearly the most artistic and beautiful cover that Drowtales ever produced. I just love the coloring and expressions here. Seems much will happen with many characters in chapter 32 before we will make the time jump.

But who is that woman in the middle?
    Well its Lulianne of course, the recently tainted (?) gray skin which followed Mel around for a while now. That hairstyle is pretty unique.

This picture contains a lot of symbolism, in which the artist is feeding our subconscious mind already some information about the new chapter.
    Lulianne is displayed in the center surrounded by most of the important main characters, her hair cords however are separating all the different locations, a clue that she is influencing or has ties to all the events displayed. However we don't see her face, which might mean that we do not see Lu at all, but she is acting unseen from behind the stage. Her hand are busy loosening or fastening the cords which does imply action or a change by that character. The gem on her back is the only object with a warm soft color in the page which is rather dominated by dark, crimson and cold colors, the gem is the centerpiece and focus of the picture.

Maybe the picture is saying that all threads lead to Lu? Or it could carry a less sophisticated meaning , that simply all loose ends of the story are getting tied up before the time jump?

I speculated before that in the former chapter Mel was likely underestimating Lu (the spy!), for apparently being only interesting in dancing during the festival. The gray skin seems to be destined to play a bigger part in the story to come.

15. - Top - End - #345

Well its Lulianne of course, the recently tainted (?) gray skin which followed Mel around for a while now. That hairstyle is pretty unique
    Ah yes, I see that now. She is getting it on with that guy that was courting her earlier.

Is chapter nine going to be retconn'd or what? Chrys' actions makes no sense with chapter nine as it is.
    Bad to the Bone!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Is chapter nine going to be retconn'd or what? Chrys' actions makes no sense with chapter nine as it is.
    IIRC they are going to redo some of the dialog and touch up the art for chapter 9, but not do a whole reworking like they had planned to do.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

(Peter Venkman voice)

"Ok, so she's a demon"

I think there is a *small* chance that Lu is still running things though. She seems to tender/careing for an monster.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Ohh.... …. ….... …... Oh Crap!

This went quick from a pleasant and harmless to a dreading and exhilarating bed scene. 'Lu' seems to be ok that she is a kind of Vamp Demon now and also she's clearly enjoying it. At least we know now why she healed so quickly after her injury. She must be able to mask her true form perfectly since the close examination of Mel didn't lead to her discovery. I wonder now what Snad knows?

The question here is how much of 'her' personality it still Lu's or is this a Khaless in disguise? If it is still mainly the old Lu in charge, her personality must have changed quite a bit. For some reason I think that Rekmar is still alive, only a bit depleted of mana. Otherwise 'Lu's' final comment would be too cynical.

Finally I have to admit that Demon-Lu is quite sexy. Witchblade anyone?

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Right after Lu got trainted she clearly hated Snad. If Lu is still running things she has changed, but at least not to the point of being a monster. It would be funny if Snad has been all relaxed about the situation thinking Khaless won/controles Lu's body and Lu backstabs her in some way.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

If Lu is still running things she has changed, but at least not to the point of being a monster. It would be funny if Snad has been all relaxed about the situation thinking Khaless won/controles Lu's body and Lu backstabs her in some way.
    Well yes I hope so too. Also it makes the character more interesting. Nevertheless this isn't the Lu we used to know. She was always calm, business like, and seldom expressed her emotions. Additionally she was determined, serious and usually in self-control. This Demon-Lu personality shows more emotions and seems to be more carefree and impulsive.

If she still has the urge to bring Snad down we will see, however I also think she will do something to annoy or hinder Snad. Probably we will see her again doing just that at the end of the chapter.

Ah, and the moment we learn that a host which was taken over by a demon can have personality and memories from the original being, we see Kiel attempting so contact Demon-Naal. Coincidence? I think not!

Also I always like the pages when Kiel is talking to us.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ah, and the moment we learn that a host which was taken over by a demon can have personality and memories from the original being, we see Kiel attempting so contact Demon-Naal. Coincidence? I think not!
    In cases like Lu and Naal you have to wonder if the demon took the personality and memories of the person they ate or the person took some aspects of the demon when they overpowered it. Lu knew that a taint could be made safe (if not how exactly) and maybe she tried something that partially worked. Some of these questions apply to Diva as well.

Also I always like the pages when Kiel is talking to us.
    Kiel is our friend again. If Naal IS running things this could do a lot on keeping Kiel alive. Having a very powerfull demon as a BFF gives her a certain amount of protection.

22. - Top - End - #352

Jaws theme...Duuu-dun duuu-dun...And then demon-Naal appeared. *chomp*
    Bad to the Bone!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Jaws theme...Duuu-dun duuu-dun...And then demon-Naal appeared. *chomp*
    Naal was tainted with a glotton type demon. They are basically mindless eating machines that possess a endless hunger. If the demon was in control it would have gone after Kiel almost as soon as the door opened. So far all it seems to have done was eat the mana for the light and may be trying to hide. Sounds very undemon like. But the fact there are no bodies around means that somone has been very hungry though.

24. - Top - End - #354

....Very hungry indeed....

Do you think demon-Naal assimilates the bodies into itself or does it just eat them? I guess we'll see....

I can't wait to see the summoners faces in the next confrontation when Kiel springs Naal on them.
    Bad to the Bone!

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Do you think demon-Naal assimilates the bodies into itself or does it just eat them? I guess we'll see....
    Hopefully Demon-Naal does not simply assimilate everything she eats. Otherwise how could she possible fit into the carriage? On second thought how in the first place can Kiel get a big scary demon thing through the school outside to the carriage, without getting detected and causing a major panic?

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Hopefully Demon-Naal does not simply assimilate everything she eats. Otherwise how could she possible fit into the carriage? On second thought how in the first place can Kiel get a big scary demon thing through the school outside to the carriage, without getting detected and causing a major panic?
    What if Kiel put something in Naal's "lunch" that would do something to her?

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Um I think running would be a VERY good idea right now Kiel.

28. - Top - End - #358

There seems to be at least one other body assimilated into Naal beside the teachers...Yikes!

Kiel's comment in the last panel seems appropriate...
    Bad to the Bone!

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

What if Kiel put something in Naal's "lunch" that would do something to her?
    That's not a way to win over a lost friend (like Kiel thinks she is), poisoning her, really! Additionally there are practical problems of the dose and the question if demons with multiple organs like the gluttony demon can be even affected by poison so easily.

Kiel's comment in the last panel seems appropriate...
    Well I wonder what Kiel sees? She is looking to Naal's face, maybe it is deformed, we don't see it yet. There could be no eyes in Naal's face now, maybe there are somewhere else now, like on the teachers lounge? THAT would make her expression really appropriate!

I very much like Kiel monologue in this page. You can prepare yourself mentally for anything, to face the real thing is always something entirely else.

Hopefully we continue to stay with Kiel and Demon-Naal. The story is now quite thrilling. No skip to another story now please!

30. - Top - End - #360
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

DT is back online!

Hey what a happy creepy reunion. Demon-Naal is still holding the rag-doll in her left hand. This and the fact that Kiel is not incorporated yet means that some part of Naal must be still there somewhere.

Ah and the Naal part of the demon still looks remarkably like the Naal we know, no funny mutations to her body so far as I can see.
    Last edited by Hamilkar; 2011-08-12 at 04:06 PM.